Blyth Academy London is currently hiring the following:
The residential advisor is responsible for the care and mentorship of 10 residential students while providing supervision of their home. We are looking for someone who feels they can ensure the safety and wellness of our students while maintaining a professional boundary at all times. They must also be able to work with residents of diverse backgrounds regardless of their gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, physical and mental abilities, religious beliefs and socioeconomic class. Position can be somewhat demanding emotionally and requires management of conflicting priorities.
Hours of Work will vary and the proper candidate can be available for most if not all of the following:
Monday-Friday afternoon shift 4:00pm-11:00pm, overnight 11pm-830am
Saturday & Sunday Morning 7:00am-3pm, afternoon 4:00pm-11pm. overnight 11-7pm
Due to the changing nature of the work and the work to be done, the responsibilities and duties may be altered from time to time. Some of the duties include:
- Provide supervision, guidance and support to the students from the ages of 14-20
- Be aware of residents’ background and attend to the ethnic, cultural religious, sexual orientation, health and special needs of each student.
- Provide role modelling of independent living skills
- Ensures the residence is safe according to safety, fire, security, and operational procedures
- Passes pertinent information to the Program Supervisor
- Records client activity in case notes
- Attends house meeting every week
- Performs basic housekeeping duties, including the preparation of food.
- Records petty cash expenditures
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma with previous experience working with youth an asset.
(Probationary Period-Three months)
Licences /Certificates / Training
- Current Red Cross Standard First Aid /AED Level C CPR certificate
- Current valid Class G Driver’s License required
- Current Police Clearance
Skills / Ability / Knowledge
- Good verbal skills to deal directly with residents and staff
- Has the ability and compassion to comprehend sensitive information about residents
- Can communicate information concisely and succinctly
- Skills will include tact, negotiation, patience, and sensitivity to confidential matters
- Proficient in the use of computer hardware and software applications
- Operate household equipment
- must have the ability to manage crises.
- has the ability to seek supervision.
Remuneration to be discussed in detail during the interview process.
Job to commence ASAP!!
Blyth Academy is an accredited private school, ranging from elementary to high school with 9 campuses in Ontario.