BLUEWATER HEALTH Employee Reviews

Good
Staff RN- Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 November 2015
The best part of the job is the peers you work with. Effectively managing change in a healthcare environment is critical. The organization does this fairly well.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours at times
Be quiet and do your job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mental Health21 November 2014
I loved being a nurse. My co;workers were awesome. The new unit on Russell St is not well designed for a Mental Health Unit. They are doing the best they can with what they have. Several Senior nurses have left the program (the rest of the senior nurses are looking for other jobs or riding it out until retirement). Many new and young staff have come to learn the ropes. Things changed over the 2 decades I worked there. Progress I guess. Management.....well.....just be quiet and do your job. FEAR OF REPRISAL.
Pros
Pay, benefits and co-workers
Cons
Management, Union repesentation
Busy fast pace workplace
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 April 2016
I punch in and go to my floor where I walk from room to room collecting garbage from the night before. Than I tackle all public and staff washrooms on the floor. Once these washrooms are done I then do the nurses station and onto the rooms where I sanitize and disinfect all high touch areas in the patients rooms as well as the washrooms in the rooms. I have learned it is a very heavy workload on some floors but it keeps you very busy. Management is easy to deal with and if there is an issue or concern I can approach them and they are willing to get a positive end result in an acceptable timely matter. Co workers here are great team members I have had no issues and all are very friendly. Making sure everything is done on time as some floors are a very heavy load I am afraid to miss something. Dealing with the public is the most enjoyable part of this job. I love that everyday can be a new person talking to me while I clean the their room. It isn't the same thing day after day. There is never a dull moment.
Pros
the friendships I have made
Cons
night shifts lol
Learning Experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2016
I had my cooperative program for my second year at Lambton College at Bluewater Health in Sarnia. I learned a great deal on time management, how to rely on co-workers. My supervisor was always available to answer any questions, and offering encouragement. There was always something going on in the hospital to keep everyone involved with the community. No matter where you go in the hospital someone is always willing to help and see you succeed . .
Good steady employment . It was a great place to work until the last few years with pressure from the government to cut costs, beds, staff, etc.
OR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 January 2013
I would start the day by viewing the scheduled surgeries and rooms running, and check to see if they were ready for the day. Then I would help the nurses to gown and glove, open sterile instruments for the case, help to move and position the patient, then help the surgeon start if needed. Then do the same again between cases, and check stock and tables for upcoming surgeries. Other duties as required.
Pros
working with co-workers, nurses, doctors, and staff from all the other departments to do the days work, and the feeling of accomplishment when caring for the patients.
Cons
management didn't always seem to listen to suggestions from staff.
Stressful and always worked short staffed
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 February 2016
A typical day consisted of looking after 5 pts when fully staffed but up to 7or 8 if working short staffed. Very negative and low morale environment. Some units are better than others but with current cuts it's getting hard for people to want to stay.
Productive and professional workplace with friendly staff
Transcriptionist-Diagnostic Imaging (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 September 2014
A typical day at work entails editing radiology reports, sorting mail, handling delinquent accounts, and both incoming and outgoing calls.

I've learned both how to work independently in Transcription, as well as how to work as a team with other co-workers in the department.
people very friendly
Cook/Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 September 2013
day starts with taking orders from patients,all patients are different. Co-worker and management are easy to work with.
A lot of fun
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 April 2015
I learned a lot working here and have carried this knowledge onto other positions and every day life !
The people I worked with were always happy and cheerful.

I was actually very happy to go here everyday altho my position was extremely busy
co-op hours
Registered Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 June 2015
I completed much of my co-op hours in various parts of the hospital. Great place to learn about the nursing life, staff is very helpful in educating students.
Great work environment
Medical Radiation Technology Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 May 2014
Everyone at this facility is friendly. The staff in all the different departments are kind to one another. There is a high level of professionalism.

4.3