Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

No room for advancement
Team Leader/Acting assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
When I first started working at Bluenotes, I was young and it was my first real retail job. As I grew older and became a keyholder I realized that this job has horrible ethics and management. Everyone makes minimum wage and never gets raises or any recognition. This company 'Thriftys' also owns urban planet, suzy shier and sirens. All horrible companies and I dont suggest working for any of them.
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2015
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
fun work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
great staff, company needs to have more structure, staff need to gain a lot more hours, too much favoritism, between management. some management show lack of leadership. other then that , i definitely enjoyed working with most of my fellow coworkers
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ONJune 30, 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
General day at work
Store Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be attending to my duties with no questions asked. Allowing myself to work at a fast pace and maintaining within my scope of practice. Being friendly, and co-operative with my co-workers and overcoming difficult tasks with minimal or no help at all. The most enjoyable part at the end of the day would be helping out customers and putting smiles on their faces.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
n/a
Busy, but time flies
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
Worked at the busiest location, so it would be tiring by the end of the day. One positive about that is that time will fly by, and you will be out of there before you know it.
Pros
discount
Cons
long lines
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
Pros
always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons
no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Pros
Socialization
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham ONJune 30, 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
good place to work part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 13, 2014
bluenotes is a good place to work as a part time employee. management is not bad. but some other benefits are not available here like health insurance or dental plan.
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 17, 2015
A lot of folding, teaches good customer service. Good atmosphere, fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job would be having to clean all of the clothing.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
n/a
Fun and ok Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2014
Top Management is very kind but very cheap on salary. They never take employee's living cost and life in account to pay their salary.
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
Productivity & Customer Service
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 4, 2015
As a Sales Associate my first task of the day after clocking in would be to count my til to ensure the cash in the register matches my systems records. This helps when you have multiple people using or taking over the tilt to determine who may be responsible for any discrepancies at the end of the night.
After which I would begin to tidy up the store since I was usually on a afternoon shift.
This would mean organizing and moving things around in order to make the store more presentable.
Then Id begin to hang and out put out our stock material. Both mens and womens.
At times I would be managing our stock , serving customers and/or managing the fitting room area.
Retail service requires a lot of fast paced multi-tasking sometimes,all while providing a superior service that continues to keep the customer delighted.
Keeping our customers happy and helping them find their fashion needs, while sharing a few jokes or moments was and always will be my favorite part of my position.
I would always get compliments on my customer service, smiles and laughs and approachable demeanor.
My co-workers were great team members, and we always worked well together. Supported and encouraged each other
Pros
customer service, culture, hours
Cons
job security, management
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at Bluenotes would be to give great customer service and help our customers find what they are looking for. This job includes problem solving with customer issues such as returns and exchanges, cashier, making sure that everything is clean and organized. Management is great at Bluenotes, not only are they understanding but they care about your needs. They work around your schedule to ensure that we are able to have a balance family/work time which increases productivity and also our happiness with the company. My co-workers are amazing as well. We all get a long very well, we understand each other and help each other when we are need. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with complaints. Although this is part of everyday life, it is important to stay calm and make sure the customer is happy in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give the customer a great shopping experience which makes it inviting for them to want to come back.
Pros
customer service
Cons
stressful
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2015
Bluenotes is a fun place, the manager was just really rude and accusing towards me. I love my coworkers and management. a typical day at work I just go in and do what I gotta do.
Pros
Music is always good
Cons
Manager is rude
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
slow days
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Pros
great store manager
Cons
everything else

2.8