Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2015
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham ONJune 30, 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
slow days
Great place to start in management
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 14, 2015
As an assistant manager I always had a very busy day due to all the aspects of the job needed to be completed on daily and hourly limits. My days would start off with setting goals for the store as well as individual all in compassion with our last year's margins. Every day of the week, there was a specific task that would need to be completed:
- Visual
- Markdowns
- Measurable Performance Indications
- LP ( I myself was a LP delight)
-Payroll
- Commissions
- Orders
- Shipping
- Scheduling
- Meetings

The hardest part about the job was not having enough staff to complete all the duties in calm matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the tasks that you have set for yourself for the day and checking them off one by one as they get completed.
Pros
1 hour lunch for management as well as benefits
Cons
Horrible upper management
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ONJune 30, 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 17, 2015
A lot of folding, teaches good customer service. Good atmosphere, fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job would be having to clean all of the clothing.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
n/a
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.
fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
Pros
Smart head office
Cons
Lack of incentives / pay
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Pros
great store manager
Cons
everything else
this was just a part time job, expectations were very minimum
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to deal and assist customers, co workers were great,became knowledgeable with product, gained customer service experience.
Well Cultured
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
I enjoy my position as a sales associate. I'm well trained in cash, I assist with visual, I help float and maintain the store, all while ensuring that I'm giving great customer service. I don't find my job difficult of something that makes me miserable. My managers are great. They ensure that you're doing your best and are always willing to give me assistance, all while creating an enjoyable work environment. My coworkers are just as well trained as I am, and we are always willing to help each other out.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough work hours
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Pros
Socialization
Cons
A great place to work with a team while also getting to merchandise and meet sales goals with incentives!
Team Lead/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 11, 2015
Working as a Team Lead/Shift Manger at Bluenotes has allowed me to gain managerial experience with a sales team and to understand meeting daily sales goals. It can be demanding with customer service at times, but working with people you enjoy is always a plus. Visual merchandising is my favourite aspect of the job, as well as keeping up with fashion trends. Overall, my four years at the company have been a very positive experience.
Pros
flexible hours, monthly incentives
Cons
low hourly pay, working weekends
great workplace, amazing employess and manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  bonnie doonJuly 20, 2015
I loved working there everyone was so kind and considerate of their employees just wish it paid more and wasn't only part time.
Pros
great managment
Cons
mininum wage
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2015
Bluenotes is a fun place, the manager was just really rude and accusing towards me. I love my coworkers and management. a typical day at work I just go in and do what I gotta do.
Pros
Music is always good
Cons
Manager is rude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie OntarioMarch 10, 2015
I always remember going in to work and there being something new to work on. I liked that though because it kept me busy. The management was great. Strict. But great. I never had a problem with anyone there or anything there. I found that I got along with generally everyone there. It was perfect for when I was in school last year.
Pros
great staff
Cons
there really isn't any cons.
Bluenotes
Work retail as Co-op student (Former Employee) –  419 king street W. OshawaJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work for me was that I would do stock, greet customers, work at fittings and also put backs. Working as a Co-op worker at Bluenotes, I have learned how to work better as a team member in the store and how to be more on top of things. All my co-workers a my placement were very nice and easy to get along with and I had no problems with any of them. The hardest part of working was doing stock at first, but now I have no problems, I get through it fast and I became better by keeping everything neat. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other co-workers to work as a team member and also I enjoyed communicating and having good conversations with the customers.
Great Place to work! Lots of room for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSFebruary 17, 2015
I have been with Bluenotes for almost 11 years. I started as an Assistant Manager and have worked my way up to a Store Manager and for one year was able to experience being a District Manager while I covered a Maternity Leave.

Bluenotes has given me the skills I needed to become a strong leader to succeed within the business!
Pros
great people

2.8