Bluenotes Employee Reviews

fun work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
great staff, company needs to have more structure, staff need to gain a lot more hours, too much favoritism, between management. some management show lack of leadership. other then that , i definitely enjoyed working with most of my fellow coworkers
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2015
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 17, 2015
A lot of folding, teaches good customer service. Good atmosphere, fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job would be having to clean all of the clothing.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
n/a
General day at work
Store Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be attending to my duties with no questions asked. Allowing myself to work at a fast pace and maintaining within my scope of practice. Being friendly, and co-operative with my co-workers and overcoming difficult tasks with minimal or no help at all. The most enjoyable part at the end of the day would be helping out customers and putting smiles on their faces.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
n/a
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NSAugust 31, 2015
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
Pros
long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons
wage, expectations, company focus
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
this was just a part time job, expectations were very minimum
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to deal and assist customers, co workers were great,became knowledgeable with product, gained customer service experience.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
slow days
great workplace, amazing employess and manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  bonnie doonJuly 20, 2015
I loved working there everyone was so kind and considerate of their employees just wish it paid more and wasn't only part time.
Pros
great managment
Cons
mininum wage
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2015
Bluenotes is a fun place, the manager was just really rude and accusing towards me. I love my coworkers and management. a typical day at work I just go in and do what I gotta do.
Pros
Music is always good
Cons
Manager is rude
Great place to start in management
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 14, 2015
As an assistant manager I always had a very busy day due to all the aspects of the job needed to be completed on daily and hourly limits. My days would start off with setting goals for the store as well as individual all in compassion with our last year's margins. Every day of the week, there was a specific task that would need to be completed:
- Visual
- Markdowns
- Measurable Performance Indications
- LP ( I myself was a LP delight)
-Payroll
- Commissions
- Orders
- Shipping
- Scheduling
- Meetings

The hardest part about the job was not having enough staff to complete all the duties in calm matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the tasks that you have set for yourself for the day and checking them off one by one as they get completed.
Pros
1 hour lunch for management as well as benefits
Cons
Horrible upper management
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ONJune 30, 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham ONJune 30, 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2015
Management was really laid back, coworkers were very friendly, work environment was fast paced at times, but the work wasn't hard if you enjoyed talking to people.
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Great place to work at
Great staff
Easy work
Meet a lot of new people
Hardest part was walk throughs
A lot of hours
Good money
Pros
Great Staff
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Pros
Socialization
Cons
Fun workplace with trustworthy employers
Part time position as a sales associate (Current Employee) –  ottawa ONApril 17, 2015
Slow paced, filled with fun customers.

most fun part of the job is the people I work with.
I love being around people and making them feel good about their body
Great team
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ONApril 5, 2015
Friendly work environment, great staff, feel like you're part of a team and not just going to work. I thoroughly enjoy working here.

2.8