Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
Pros
Smart head office
Cons
Lack of incentives / pay
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
Pros
always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons
no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2015
Management was really laid back, coworkers were very friendly, work environment was fast paced at times, but the work wasn't hard if you enjoyed talking to people.
Great Job to Gain Interpersonal Skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
My typical day at work consists of either working on the floor, or as a cashier. I love this job because it is always switched up, keeping the job interesting. My job while working on the floor includes greeting customers, informing them of our current promotion(s), following up, and assuring they leave satisfied. On the other hand, working on cash consists of cashing out sales, or processing exchanges/refunds accordingly. This requires attention to detail and focus, in order for a smooth transaction.

Management is great. I can definitely say that each and every one of them strive to be as helpful as possible, and treat all employees with compassion.

My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with. They are all different in their own way, making it interesting to work by their sides. They are also very helpful and very friendly.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, and aiming to have them leave happy without breaching store policies (ex: not being able to issue refunds on final sale items)

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be myself. I can put my own personality into what I do (while being professional of course), and applying my own skills into the job. For example, speaking to Spanish customers in Spanish when there is a language barrier. In addition, I really enjoy the fact that I am working and interacting with people the whole time.
very fun!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2014
taught me how to manage a team effectively.

management were always there to help

relocation was there
Pros
job advancement
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
slow days
Retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
I usually folded clothes, helped customers and brought out stock. I learned how to display the clothing in a visually appealing manner to attract business and how to help customers find a wardrobe that suits them. Management was originally the reason I was quitting, a lot of them were young and temporary so my experience was tainted, as well, my co-workers were quite controversial, it felt as if the workplace was divided, which made for a visibly hostile environment. The hardest part of the job was returning clothing to the floor after it had been taken to the fitting rooms, and the most enjoyable part was making beautiful and impressionable designs with the clothing on both mannequins and the walls
Pros
access to trending fashion
Cons
short shifts
A good company to gain experience in the retail sector in a friendly and fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 1, 2012
The work environment is very fast-paced as many customers shop at this store. There are promotional sales which need to be advertised so that potential customers can take advantage of these opportunities. By providing good customer service and approaching each customer, the opportunity of increasing sales greatly improves thereby allowing the store to achieve its sales goals. Management is supportive in providing constructive feedback in an attempt to recognize employee achievements or advise where improvements are needed. Workers are friendly and are always supportive when a co-worker is in need of assistance. There is some repetitive work involved, especially on days when new shipments arrive and the product needs to be placed on display. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping clients in selecting their merchandise and the thanks received upon the completion of the transaction.
Pros
friendly environment, good store location
Cons
not enough hours, frequent change in staff, work can be repetitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie OntarioMarch 10, 2015
I always remember going in to work and there being something new to work on. I liked that though because it kept me busy. The management was great. Strict. But great. I never had a problem with anyone there or anything there. I found that I got along with generally everyone there. It was perfect for when I was in school last year.
Pros
great staff
Cons
there really isn't any cons.
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  ONMarch 20, 2015
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Pros
very hard working people
Cons
hard workers are not appreciated, poor pay and benefit structure.
this was just a part time job, expectations were very minimum
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to deal and assist customers, co workers were great,became knowledgeable with product, gained customer service experience.
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Pros
great store manager
Cons
everything else
Super chill, very fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Typical day at work was very fun, even when tasking. Learned to sharpen my folding skills as well as take things lightly when it came to criticisms. Management was great! So were the co-workers! Hardest part of the job I think would be keeping up with ALL the denim. Most enjoyable part was good music, good people, fun customers.
Pros
music, fashion, people
Cons
long hours, not enough hours
Had it's good and bad days
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pay is terrible for management, usually very stressful, getting stock for a store about 10 times the size of one you actually work in. Rarely get any positive feedback or encouragement from any of the higher management, even when you achieve sales goals. Some days are good and some are bad, this has largely to do with who you work with,
Pros
you get to work with some great people
Cons
bad pay, terrible upper management
great workplace, amazing employess and manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  bonnie doonJuly 20, 2015
I loved working there everyone was so kind and considerate of their employees just wish it paid more and wasn't only part time.
Pros
great managment
Cons
mininum wage
A great place to work with a team while also getting to merchandise and meet sales goals with incentives!
Team Lead/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 11, 2015
Working as a Team Lead/Shift Manger at Bluenotes has allowed me to gain managerial experience with a sales team and to understand meeting daily sales goals. It can be demanding with customer service at times, but working with people you enjoy is always a plus. Visual merchandising is my favourite aspect of the job, as well as keeping up with fashion trends. Overall, my four years at the company have been a very positive experience.
Pros
flexible hours, monthly incentives
Cons
low hourly pay, working weekends
enjoyable company
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 7, 2014
As a former sales associate of Bluenotes, it is evident that working for such an organized and well developed company has helped me develop new and innovative skills. Working in such a fast paste environment where customer service is crucial made me gain better communication skills as well as providing prompt service and satisfaction. In addition to having an enjoyable time assisting and having brief conversations with customers, my coworkers and managers were also part of the reason why my working experience at Bluenotes was so enjoyable.
Pros
flexible hours, great staff and team work
Cons
hours become short during non active seasons, limited opportunities for advancement
Bluenotes
Work retail as Co-op student (Former Employee) –  419 king street W. OshawaJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work for me was that I would do stock, greet customers, work at fittings and also put backs. Working as a Co-op worker at Bluenotes, I have learned how to work better as a team member in the store and how to be more on top of things. All my co-workers a my placement were very nice and easy to get along with and I had no problems with any of them. The hardest part of working was doing stock at first, but now I have no problems, I get through it fast and I became better by keeping everything neat. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other co-workers to work as a team member and also I enjoyed communicating and having good conversations with the customers.