Bluenotes Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place with good people
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2016
my co-workers were the best they all brought something to the table to learn from. the hardest part of my job was the clean up and the balance between work and home as well as school duties. the most enjoyable pat of my job was my custumers i love talking and interacting with people
Pros
free luch
Cons
short hours
A fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 April 2016
If you like working with people and are very outgoing this would be a good place to work. Working here increased my ability to meet new people better.
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  ON20 March 2015
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Pros
Very hard working people
Cons
Hard workers are not appreciated, Poor pay and Benefit Structure.
know how a company runs on online ordering
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
-pull out orders from printers

-get orders from inventories into bags

-check the orders again before mail

-mail out orders
Pros
-no pressure
Cons
-nothing
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 March 2014
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
Pros
always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons
no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
A stable part time position with lots of friendly co-workers and managers
Stock Clerk and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2016
Usually a casual to busy day at Bluenotes, making daily budgets and assisting customers with their needs. Co-workers are very friendly, very comfortable to be around with and outgoing at the same time. Managers are very helpful when co workers or customers are struggling or need assistant and committed just as much as everyone else.
terrible pay, terrible hours, and terrible company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2016
great staff. terrible company. they refuse to pay you for more than 40 hours. you barely get any hours as a part timer, and your getting paid minimum wage no matter how long you work there. great experience for a first time job.
fun work space
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 February 2016
not a physically demanding job
lots of working with the general public
room to advance
basic learning skills
good amount of breaks
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS31 August 2015
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
Pros
long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons
wage, expectations, company focus
good place to work part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 August 2014
bluenotes is a good place to work as a part time employee. management is not bad. but some other benefits are not available here like health insurance or dental plan.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2016
This was a fun place to work, made many friends. Like any retail store there is constant demand for customer assistance and store maintenence. Overall, I would work there again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Busy
fun and productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
i enjoyed working with the co-workers and also great being a team player
i had learned how to work with people that were hard to deal with but was able to handle the situations.
i do not like to work with people that steal or mistreat other workers
Pros
awesome people
Cons
n/a
Fun and ok Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 March 2014
Top Management is very kind but very cheap on salary. They never take employee's living cost and life in account to pay their salary.
Great place to gain retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2015
Great place to start working in retail. Management was a little unorganized at times but my co-workers were very friendly and i enjoyed working with them even on the most stressful days like boxing day and black friday.
Pros
Great co-workers and is flexible with schedules.
Cons
A little unorganized
worst place ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 February 2016
awful district manager, super low pay was made promises that were never kept manager was great but that was it. would never go back.
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ON30 June 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 October 2015
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
fun work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
great staff, company needs to have more structure, staff need to gain a lot more hours, too much favoritism, between management. some management show lack of leadership. other then that , i definitely enjoyed working with most of my fellow coworkers
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 April 2015
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Pros
Socialization
Productivity & Customer Service
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Brampton,ON4 January 2015
As a Sales Associate my first task of the day after clocking in would be to count my til to ensure the cash in the register matches my systems records. This helps when you have multiple people using or taking over the tilt to determine who may be responsible for any discrepancies at the end of the night.
After which I would begin to tidy up the store since I was usually on a afternoon shift.
This would mean organizing and moving things around in order to make the store more presentable.
Then Id begin to hang and out put out our stock material. Both mens and womens.
At times I would be managing our stock , serving customers and/or managing the fitting room area.
Retail service requires a lot of fast paced multi-tasking sometimes,all while providing a superior service that continues to keep the customer delighted.
Keeping our customers happy and helping them find their fashion needs, while sharing a few jokes or moments was and always will be my favorite part of my position.
I would always get compliments on my customer service, smiles and laughs and approachable demeanor.
My co-workers were great team members, and we always worked well together. Supported and encouraged each other
Pros
Customer service, Culture, Hours
Cons
Job Security, Management

2.8