Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Pros
Socialization
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
Pros
always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons
no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 17, 2015
A lot of folding, teaches good customer service. Good atmosphere, fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job would be having to clean all of the clothing.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
n/a
good place to work part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 13, 2014
bluenotes is a good place to work as a part time employee. management is not bad. but some other benefits are not available here like health insurance or dental plan.
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Fun and ok Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2014
Top Management is very kind but very cheap on salary. They never take employee's living cost and life in account to pay their salary.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2015
Bluenotes is a fun place, the manager was just really rude and accusing towards me. I love my coworkers and management. a typical day at work I just go in and do what I gotta do.
Pros
Music is always good
Cons
Manager is rude
Productivity & Customer Service
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Brampton,ONJanuary 4, 2015
As a Sales Associate my first task of the day after clocking in would be to count my til to ensure the cash in the register matches my systems records. This helps when you have multiple people using or taking over the tilt to determine who may be responsible for any discrepancies at the end of the night.
After which I would begin to tidy up the store since I was usually on a afternoon shift.
This would mean organizing and moving things around in order to make the store more presentable.
Then Id begin to hang and out put out our stock material. Both mens and womens.
At times I would be managing our stock , serving customers and/or managing the fitting room area.
Retail service requires a lot of fast paced multi-tasking sometimes,all while providing a superior service that continues to keep the customer delighted.
Keeping our customers happy and helping them find their fashion needs, while sharing a few jokes or moments was and always will be my favorite part of my position.
I would always get compliments on my customer service, smiles and laughs and approachable demeanor.
My co-workers were great team members, and we always worked well together. Supported and encouraged each other
Pros
customer service, culture, hours
Cons
job security, management
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
slow days
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 22, 2015
A typical day at Bluenotes would be to give great customer service and help our customers find what they are looking for. This job includes problem solving with customer issues such as returns and exchanges, cashier, making sure that everything is clean and organized. Management is great at Bluenotes, not only are they understanding but they care about your needs. They work around your schedule to ensure that we are able to have a balance family/work time which increases productivity and also our happiness with the company. My co-workers are amazing as well. We all get a long very well, we understand each other and help each other when we are need. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with complaints. Although this is part of everyday life, it is important to stay calm and make sure the customer is happy in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give the customer a great shopping experience which makes it inviting for them to want to come back.
Pros
customer service
Cons
stressful
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Pros
great store manager
Cons
everything else
fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
Pros
Smart head office
Cons
Lack of incentives / pay
this was just a part time job, expectations were very minimum
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to deal and assist customers, co workers were great,became knowledgeable with product, gained customer service experience.
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2015
Management was really laid back, coworkers were very friendly, work environment was fast paced at times, but the work wasn't hard if you enjoyed talking to people.
great workplace, amazing employess and manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  bonnie doonJuly 20, 2015
I loved working there everyone was so kind and considerate of their employees just wish it paid more and wasn't only part time.
Pros
great managment
Cons
mininum wage
Retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
I usually folded clothes, helped customers and brought out stock. I learned how to display the clothing in a visually appealing manner to attract business and how to help customers find a wardrobe that suits them. Management was originally the reason I was quitting, a lot of them were young and temporary so my experience was tainted, as well, my co-workers were quite controversial, it felt as if the workplace was divided, which made for a visibly hostile environment. The hardest part of the job was returning clothing to the floor after it had been taken to the fitting rooms, and the most enjoyable part was making beautiful and impressionable designs with the clothing on both mannequins and the walls
Pros
access to trending fashion
Cons
short shifts
A great place to work with a team while also getting to merchandise and meet sales goals with incentives!
Team Lead/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONMarch 11, 2015
Working as a Team Lead/Shift Manger at Bluenotes has allowed me to gain managerial experience with a sales team and to understand meeting daily sales goals. It can be demanding with customer service at times, but working with people you enjoy is always a plus. Visual merchandising is my favourite aspect of the job, as well as keeping up with fashion trends. Overall, my four years at the company have been a very positive experience.
Pros
flexible hours, monthly incentives
Cons
low hourly pay, working weekends
very fun!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2014
taught me how to manage a team effectively.

management were always there to help

relocation was there
Pros
job advancement