Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 January 2016
No salary benefit since it is only work experience placed from school. Mostly learned how to communicate customers and stock clothing. The fun part of the job is to simply fold and restock the items back to their shelves, on the other hand, I show no interest to fashion so it is really hard to think fashionably for the customers.
Pros
Folding
Cons
know how a company runs on online ordering
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
-pull out orders from printers

-get orders from inventories into bags

-check the orders again before mail

-mail out orders
Pros
-no pressure
Cons
-nothing
A day with customers at bluenotes.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2016
My typical day at work would be, me logging in to the system, I like to listen to music so one would be able to hear me singing along to the store's music. Overtime I see a customer i would be quick to approach them and let them know of our sales going on and maybe one or two times , I would compliment the customer and making them feel comfortable. I learned how to not be shy and to be able to approach people without feeling odd. My coworkers are amazing, I could talk to them about anything and everything. The hardest part of the job is when it gets so busy with only a few workers on the floor. This means double the work for us which I don't mind but it is a hassle at times . Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and learning and interacting with them all day long.
Pros
amazing surrounding, positive people, funny moments and great food in the mall.
Cons
too cold in the store sometimes.
fun and productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2016
i enjoyed working with the co-workers and also great being a team player
i had learned how to work with people that were hard to deal with but was able to handle the situations.
i do not like to work with people that steal or mistreat other workers
Pros
awesome people
Cons
n/a
Energetic and fun environment and staff
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 March 2016
Good place to work full or part time, not alot of hours available to part time associates, hours are given fairly and on a seniority basis.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2016
This was a fun place to work, made many friends. Like any retail store there is constant demand for customer assistance and store maintenence. Overall, I would work there again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Busy
terrible pay, terrible hours, and terrible company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2016
great staff. terrible company. they refuse to pay you for more than 40 hours. you barely get any hours as a part timer, and your getting paid minimum wage no matter how long you work there. great experience for a first time job.
General day at work
Store Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 October 2015
A typical day at work for me would be attending to my duties with no questions asked. Allowing myself to work at a fast pace and maintaining within my scope of practice. Being friendly, and co-operative with my co-workers and overcoming difficult tasks with minimal or no help at all. The most enjoyable part at the end of the day would be helping out customers and putting smiles on their faces.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
n/a
Great place to gain retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2015
Great place to start working in retail. Management was a little unorganized at times but my co-workers were very friendly and i enjoyed working with them even on the most stressful days like boxing day and black friday.
Pros
Great co-workers and is flexible with schedules.
Cons
A little unorganized
fun work space
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB29 February 2016
not a physically demanding job
lots of working with the general public
room to advance
basic learning skills
good amount of breaks
worst place ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON18 February 2016
awful district manager, super low pay was made promises that were never kept manager was great but that was it. would never go back.
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS31 August 2015
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
Pros
long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons
wage, expectations, company focus
fun work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2015
great staff, company needs to have more structure, staff need to gain a lot more hours, too much favoritism, between management. some management show lack of leadership. other then that , i definitely enjoyed working with most of my fellow coworkers
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham ON30 June 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 June 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Busy, but time flies
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2015
Worked at the busiest location, so it would be tiring by the end of the day. One positive about that is that time will fly by, and you will be out of there before you know it.
Pros
discount
Cons
long lines
Great place to start in management
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga14 July 2015
As an assistant manager I always had a very busy day due to all the aspects of the job needed to be completed on daily and hourly limits. My days would start off with setting goals for the store as well as individual all in compassion with our last year's margins. Every day of the week, there was a specific task that would need to be completed:
- Visual
- Markdowns
- Measurable Performance Indications
- LP ( I myself was a LP delight)
-Payroll
- Commissions
- Orders
- Shipping
- Scheduling
- Meetings

The hardest part about the job was not having enough staff to complete all the duties in calm matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the tasks that you have set for yourself for the day and checking them off one by one as they get completed.
Pros
1 hour lunch for management as well as benefits
Cons
Horrible upper management
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ON30 June 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 October 2015
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Truro N.S28 July 2015
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
slow days

2.8