Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Fast pace, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 July 2016
Working at bluenotes was a pleasure, the position I had filled was only for seasonal. The time spent there was enjoyable with great staff and an outstanding employer. I learned to work at a fast pace and multi task to please all customers, the hardest part of the job would have to be pleasing every single customer that came in.
Great workplace and environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON21 April 2016
The management was very understanding to students and overall very respectful. Amazing place to work at and great team work. Would recommend this company to anyone who likes working in retail.
No room for advancement
Team Leader/Acting assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2013
When I first started working at Bluenotes, I was young and it was my first real retail job. As I grew older and became a keyholder I realized that this job has horrible ethics and management. Everyone makes minimum wage and never gets raises or any recognition. This company 'Thriftys' also owns urban planet, suzy shier and sirens. All horrible companies and I dont suggest working for any of them.
Productivity & Customer Service
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee) –  Brampton,ON4 January 2015
As a Sales Associate my first task of the day after clocking in would be to count my til to ensure the cash in the register matches my systems records. This helps when you have multiple people using or taking over the tilt to determine who may be responsible for any discrepancies at the end of the night.
After which I would begin to tidy up the store since I was usually on a afternoon shift.
This would mean organizing and moving things around in order to make the store more presentable.
Then Id begin to hang and out put out our stock material. Both mens and womens.
At times I would be managing our stock , serving customers and/or managing the fitting room area.
Retail service requires a lot of fast paced multi-tasking sometimes,all while providing a superior service that continues to keep the customer delighted.
Keeping our customers happy and helping them find their fashion needs, while sharing a few jokes or moments was and always will be my favorite part of my position.
I would always get compliments on my customer service, smiles and laughs and approachable demeanor.
My co-workers were great team members, and we always worked well together. Supported and encouraged each other
Pros
Customer service, Culture, Hours
Cons
Job Security, Management
Unfriendly environment.
Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 July 2016
Working for Bluenotes had it's ups and downs. I gained experience skills personally, which was great. Unfriendly and judgemental environment. Although, I stayed positive and gave my best every day.
Pros
Gained experience.
Cons
Unfriendly environment.
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 April 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
Management was great, safety was risks were very low, and they all respected you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 June 2016
i really enjoyed working there because the way they spoke to me was as if i was an equal, there was no hierarchy even though all the other employees were more experienced than me, there weren't many health and safety risks.
Very exciting work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2016
My experience at bluenotes was amazing! I enjoyed the staff members which turned into really good friends in the end. It was never a dull moment at bluenotes expect for morning shifts My manager was great he really worked with me to become a better employee in any way that I could, which gave me the experience i have now.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
slow mornings
productive and hard working work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2016
Friendly work environment with motivated people around me. Also hard working and very productive. Managing and supervision were good
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON9 March 2016
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Pros
Shifts werent too long or short
Cons
Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 March 2014
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
Pros
always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons
no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
Enjoyed working at Bluenotes
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Good environment and good people as well. Some days were super busy but that's retail life! Would recommend Bluenotes to anyone for employment.
fun enviornment with energetic people
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
a typical work day is coming in greeting customers , folding clothes and NCO the place. the team I was working with was really nice and understandable about anything. the worst part of the job was when there were no customers because there was nothing to really do. the best part was the environment and getting to help the customers with anything they need.
A good company to gain experience in the retail sector in a friendly and fast-paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2012
The work environment is very fast-paced as many customers shop at this store. There are promotional sales which need to be advertised so that potential customers can take advantage of these opportunities. By providing good customer service and approaching each customer, the opportunity of increasing sales greatly improves thereby allowing the store to achieve its sales goals. Management is supportive in providing constructive feedback in an attempt to recognize employee achievements or advise where improvements are needed. Workers are friendly and are always supportive when a co-worker is in need of assistance. There is some repetitive work involved, especially on days when new shipments arrive and the product needs to be placed on display. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping clients in selecting their merchandise and the thanks received upon the completion of the transaction.
Pros
friendly environment, good store location
Cons
not enough hours, frequent change in staff, work can be repetitive
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS31 August 2015
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
Pros
long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons
wage, expectations, company focus
A day with customers at bluenotes.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2016
My typical day at work would be, me logging in to the system, I like to listen to music so one would be able to hear me singing along to the store's music. Overtime I see a customer i would be quick to approach them and let them know of our sales going on and maybe one or two times , I would compliment the customer and making them feel comfortable. I learned how to not be shy and to be able to approach people without feeling odd. My coworkers are amazing, I could talk to them about anything and everything. The hardest part of the job is when it gets so busy with only a few workers on the floor. This means double the work for us which I don't mind but it is a hassle at times . Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and learning and interacting with them all day long.
Pros
amazing surrounding, positive people, funny moments and great food in the mall.
Cons
too cold in the store sometimes.
Work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
It was a awesome job experience in the begging, loved my job. But i just need a part time job to help get by while im attending college
Super chill, very fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2013
Typical day at work was very fun, even when tasking. Learned to sharpen my folding skills as well as take things lightly when it came to criticisms. Management was great! So were the co-workers! Hardest part of the job I think would be keeping up with ALL the denim. Most enjoyable part was good music, good people, fun customers.
Pros
music, fashion, people
Cons
long hours, not enough hours
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ON30 June 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
very fun!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2014
taught me how to manage a team effectively.

management were always there to help

relocation was there
Pros
job advancement
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9