Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Great Place to work at
Sales Associate Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 May 2016
Everyone at Bluenotes is very friendly and polite. You learn a lot by associates that have been working for a while. Management is also very nice they understand if you have something going on and cant make it to work, they'll always make sure they follow your availability only.
Regular Retail Life
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario, Canada5 November 2012
Bluenotes is like a typical retail store. You are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before your shift; you may only receive a half hour lunch break if you are working over 5 hours; and not allowed 15 minute breaks. It is a very customer service oriented environment and an employee must be able to multi-task. As a sales person you are expected to greet and assist customers, promote sales, recognize and replenish the merchandise and know how to operate cash.
In a management position, much more is required.
The hardest part of the job was the commute, which was two hours to get there and two hours back. The best part was visual marketing and customer service.
Pros
there are certain incentives for store managers
Cons
does not give raises unless you are promoted
friendly working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
There was alway something to do like stock, NCO, visuals or helping customers. I have learnt a lot about managing the store and improvement in customer service.
Very exciting work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2016
My experience at bluenotes was amazing! I enjoyed the staff members which turned into really good friends in the end. It was never a dull moment at bluenotes expect for morning shifts My manager was great he really worked with me to become a better employee in any way that I could, which gave me the experience i have now.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
slow mornings
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON9 March 2016
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Pros
Shifts werent too long or short
Cons
Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
Management was great, safety was risks were very low, and they all respected you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 June 2016
i really enjoyed working there because the way they spoke to me was as if i was an equal, there was no hierarchy even though all the other employees were more experienced than me, there weren't many health and safety risks.
Unfriendly environment.
Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 July 2016
Working for Bluenotes had it's ups and downs. I gained experience skills personally, which was great. Unfriendly and judgemental environment. Although, I stayed positive and gave my best every day.
Pros
Gained experience.
Cons
Unfriendly environment.
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 April 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
fun enviornment with energetic people
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
a typical work day is coming in greeting customers , folding clothes and NCO the place. the team I was working with was really nice and understandable about anything. the worst part of the job was when there were no customers because there was nothing to really do. the best part was the environment and getting to help the customers with anything they need.
Good place to learn but unfair environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
It was good place to learn. fast faced environment. Nice and fun loving co- worker. Worst management and unfair treatment.
Pros
Learning environment, fun, promotions
Cons
soo much things to do in small time, disrespectful, very less pay, racism
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2016
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home
Pros
Great co-workers and management team
Cons
Long Hours, always on feet
productive and hard working work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2016
Friendly work environment with motivated people around me. Also hard working and very productive. Managing and supervision were good
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2016
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
Pros
Great team, and position
Cons
scheduled hours, and management
Enjoyed working at Bluenotes
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Good environment and good people as well. Some days were super busy but that's retail life! Would recommend Bluenotes to anyone for employment.
Great workplace and environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON21 April 2016
The management was very understanding to students and overall very respectful. Amazing place to work at and great team work. Would recommend this company to anyone who likes working in retail.
A day with customers at bluenotes.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2016
My typical day at work would be, me logging in to the system, I like to listen to music so one would be able to hear me singing along to the store's music. Overtime I see a customer i would be quick to approach them and let them know of our sales going on and maybe one or two times , I would compliment the customer and making them feel comfortable. I learned how to not be shy and to be able to approach people without feeling odd. My coworkers are amazing, I could talk to them about anything and everything. The hardest part of the job is when it gets so busy with only a few workers on the floor. This means double the work for us which I don't mind but it is a hassle at times . Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and learning and interacting with them all day long.
Pros
amazing surrounding, positive people, funny moments and great food in the mall.
Cons
too cold in the store sometimes.
Work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
It was a awesome job experience in the begging, loved my job. But i just need a part time job to help get by while im attending college
No room for advancement
Team Leader/Acting assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2013
When I first started working at Bluenotes, I was young and it was my first real retail job. As I grew older and became a keyholder I realized that this job has horrible ethics and management. Everyone makes minimum wage and never gets raises or any recognition. This company 'Thriftys' also owns urban planet, suzy shier and sirens. All horrible companies and I dont suggest working for any of them.
Energetic and fun environment and staff
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 March 2016
Good place to work full or part time, not alot of hours available to part time associates, hours are given fairly and on a seniority basis.
Great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 May 2016
Working at Bluenotes really hepled shaped me to become a better sales associate. They helped me to be more aware of different customer needs and how to properly sell items.

2.8