Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

fun and productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
i enjoyed working with the co-workers and also great being a team player
i had learned how to work with people that were hard to deal with but was able to handle the situations.
i do not like to work with people that steal or mistreat other workers
Pros
awesome people
Cons
n/a
Great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2016
Working at Bluenotes really hepled shaped me to become a better sales associate. They helped me to be more aware of different customer needs and how to properly sell items.
know how a company runs on online ordering
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
-pull out orders from printers

-get orders from inventories into bags

-check the orders again before mail

-mail out orders
Pros
-no pressure
Cons
-nothing
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  ONMarch 20, 2015
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Pros
very hard working people
Cons
hard workers are not appreciated, poor pay and benefit structure.
A fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 27, 2016
If you like working with people and are very outgoing this would be a good place to work. Working here increased my ability to meet new people better.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
This was a fun place to work, made many friends. Like any retail store there is constant demand for customer assistance and store maintenence. Overall, I would work there again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Busy
Regular Retail Life
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario, CanadaNovember 5, 2012
Bluenotes is like a typical retail store. You are required to arrive at least 15 minutes before your shift; you may only receive a half hour lunch break if you are working over 5 hours; and not allowed 15 minute breaks. It is a very customer service oriented environment and an employee must be able to multi-task. As a sales person you are expected to greet and assist customers, promote sales, recognize and replenish the merchandise and know how to operate cash.
In a management position, much more is required.
The hardest part of the job was the commute, which was two hours to get there and two hours back. The best part was visual marketing and customer service.
Pros
there are certain incentives for store managers
Cons
does not give raises unless you are promoted
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2015
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
fun work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
great staff, company needs to have more structure, staff need to gain a lot more hours, too much favoritism, between management. some management show lack of leadership. other then that , i definitely enjoyed working with most of my fellow coworkers
worst place ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
awful district manager, super low pay was made promises that were never kept manager was great but that was it. would never go back.
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dufferin Mall, Toronto ONJune 30, 2015
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
Pros
daily treats/gifts
General day at work
Store Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be attending to my duties with no questions asked. Allowing myself to work at a fast pace and maintaining within my scope of practice. Being friendly, and co-operative with my co-workers and overcoming difficult tasks with minimal or no help at all. The most enjoyable part at the end of the day would be helping out customers and putting smiles on their faces.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
n/a
Busy, but time flies
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
Worked at the busiest location, so it would be tiring by the end of the day. One positive about that is that time will fly by, and you will be out of there before you know it.
Pros
discount
Cons
long lines
No room for advancement
Team Leader/Acting assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
When I first started working at Bluenotes, I was young and it was my first real retail job. As I grew older and became a keyholder I realized that this job has horrible ethics and management. Everyone makes minimum wage and never gets raises or any recognition. This company 'Thriftys' also owns urban planet, suzy shier and sirens. All horrible companies and I dont suggest working for any of them.
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham ONJune 30, 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Pros
Socialization
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONOctober 17, 2015
A lot of folding, teaches good customer service. Good atmosphere, fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job would be having to clean all of the clothing.
Pros
Good lunch break
Cons
n/a
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
Pros
always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons
no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.