Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2016
Manager is horrible. Unfair treatment, yells, no positive reinforcement. Complaints to the district manager fall on deaf ears. Favouritism on all schedules. Demoting staff. They assume that work should take priority over everything else. Made to feel horrible for getting sick, guilt tripped into taking extra shifts or working longer than you are supposed to. There was no upside. Pay was not suitable for cost of living in Fort McMurray. Conclusion, management doesn't have a clue. SM is never out of the backroom and gives unreasonable time limits that she cannot meet herself. Team Lead is incompetent and friends with management outside of work. Retaliation is a likely possibility for any complaints which completely negates Bluenotes open door policy.
Pros
Most associates were great but all are under appriciated
Cons
Manager, no positive reinforcement, pay is too low, made to feel bad for taking time off or getting sick, retaliation for complaints, no confidentiality for complaints.
Management is had to work with.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 September 2016
I enjoyed working with all the associates, however, the store is a disaster. Incredibly disorganized. Manager does not respond to advice or criticisms and has poor communication skills.
friendly working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 September 2016
There was alway something to do like stock, NCO, visuals or helping customers. I have learnt a lot about managing the store and improvement in customer service.
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 July 2016
Working at bluenotes was a pleasure, the position I had filled was only for seasonal. The time spent there was enjoyable with great staff and an outstanding employer. I learned to work at a fast pace and multi task to please all customers, the hardest part of the job would have to be pleasing every single customer that came in.
worst place to work
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
when I started working at bluenotes it was really good, now the management is the worst. its a nice place to work for experience
Pros
environment
Cons
hours, pay and management
Great Place to work at
Sales Associate Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 May 2016
Everyone at Bluenotes is very friendly and polite. You learn a lot by associates that have been working for a while. Management is also very nice they understand if you have something going on and cant make it to work, they'll always make sure they follow your availability only.
Very exciting work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2016
My experience at bluenotes was amazing! I enjoyed the staff members which turned into really good friends in the end. It was never a dull moment at bluenotes expect for morning shifts My manager was great he really worked with me to become a better employee in any way that I could, which gave me the experience i have now.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
slow mornings
Unfriendly environment.
Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 July 2016
Working for Bluenotes had it's ups and downs. I gained experience skills personally, which was great. Unfriendly and judgemental environment. Although, I stayed positive and gave my best every day.
Pros
Gained experience.
Cons
Unfriendly environment.
Management was great, safety was risks were very low, and they all respected you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 June 2016
i really enjoyed working there because the way they spoke to me was as if i was an equal, there was no hierarchy even though all the other employees were more experienced than me, there weren't many health and safety risks.
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON9 March 2016
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Pros
Shifts werent too long or short
Cons
Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 April 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
No room for advancement
Team Leader/Acting assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2013
When I first started working at Bluenotes, I was young and it was my first real retail job. As I grew older and became a keyholder I realized that this job has horrible ethics and management. Everyone makes minimum wage and never gets raises or any recognition. This company 'Thriftys' also owns urban planet, suzy shier and sirens. All horrible companies and I dont suggest working for any of them.
fun enviornment with energetic people
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2016
a typical work day is coming in greeting customers , folding clothes and NCO the place. the team I was working with was really nice and understandable about anything. the worst part of the job was when there were no customers because there was nothing to really do. the best part was the environment and getting to help the customers with anything they need.
productive and hard working work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2016
Friendly work environment with motivated people around me. Also hard working and very productive. Managing and supervision were good
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2016
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home
Pros
Great co-workers and management team
Cons
Long Hours, always on feet
Good place to learn but unfair environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
It was good place to learn. fast faced environment. Nice and fun loving co- worker. Worst management and unfair treatment.
Pros
Learning environment, fun, promotions
Cons
soo much things to do in small time, disrespectful, very less pay, racism
Enjoyed working at Bluenotes
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 June 2016
Good environment and good people as well. Some days were super busy but that's retail life! Would recommend Bluenotes to anyone for employment.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2016
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
Pros
Great team, and position
Cons
scheduled hours, and management
Great workplace and environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON21 April 2016
The management was very understanding to students and overall very respectful. Amazing place to work at and great team work. Would recommend this company to anyone who likes working in retail.
Work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
It was a awesome job experience in the begging, loved my job. But i just need a part time job to help get by while im attending college

2.8