Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great team, and position
Cons: scheduled hours, and management
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
Well Cultured
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough work hours
I enjoy my position as a sales associate. I'm well trained in cash, I assist with visual, I help float and maintain the store, all while ensuring that I'm giving great customer service. I don't find my job difficult of something that makes me miserable. My managers are great. They ensure that you're doing your best and are always willing to give me assistance, all while creating an enjoyable work environment. My coworkers are just as well trained as I am, and we are always willing to help each other out.
Great work enviroment and awesome coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2014
Pros: employees, enviroment, experience
Cons: wage, expectations
Daily routines would include visual setup, stock, and customer service. Learned a lot about selling and how to work with customers. Management and coworkers were the best part of working for Bluenotes. Hardest part was being paid bare minimum and being expected to completed and take on all the tasks that were given.

Again the most enjoyable part was the staff, management always worked with me. Scheduling was always flexible to my needs.
An interesting experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2013
Pros: great co-workers- awesome work!
Cons: overly intense general manager
Co-workers are super nice to everyone and go through a lot while working here. Management sometimes have an unrealistic view of how things should be done- they are over bearing at all times- force their will down your throat. One general manager for example would go out of his way to make sure I was trapped in an area and not let me move and scream across the store if I did or bring me in the back and yell at me. He really hurt the experience.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Cultural workplace, with exceptional associates and management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
Working at Bluenotes started as an enjoyable experience. I learned quite a bit, seeing as it was my first job in retail. I was able to grow within the company, and I made some really great friendships.

Unfortunately, the store location I worked for is highly unorganized and has little appreciation for its employees. Or so, that's how I felt occasionally.

All in all, Bluenotes is not a bad place to work. Just don't expect a whole lot from working there.
productive and fun workplace
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, NSMarch 16, 2013
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: not much room for advancement
A typical day at work was putting out new stock and shipping out old or recalled merchandise. Also helping customers with finding what they needed and asist them with sizes or recommendatons. I learned how this particular company runs on a daily basis. The hardest part of my job was working only part time hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people and helping customers
fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Smart head office
Cons: Lack of incentives / pay
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
No room for advancement
Team Leader/Acting assistant manager (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 24, 2013
When I first started working at Bluenotes, I was young and it was my first real retail job. As I grew older and became a keyholder I realized that this job has horrible ethics and management. Everyone makes minimum wage and never gets raises or any recognition. This company 'Thriftys' also owns urban planet, suzy shier and sirens. All horrible companies and I dont suggest working for any of them.
Had it's good and bad days
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: you get to work with some great people
Cons: bad pay, terrible upper management
Pay is terrible for management, usually very stressful, getting stock for a store about 10 times the size of one you actually work in. Rarely get any positive feedback or encouragement from any of the higher management, even when you achieve sales goals. Some days are good and some are bad, this has largely to do with who you work with,
Retail Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 25 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5August 6, 2014
Pros: workplace friendliness
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be to organize the merchandise on the floor, promote sales, and greeting customers. I learner how to multi-task and communicate ten times better at this job. My co-workers were all open and nice. We were like one big family. The hardest part of the job? There wasn't really anything hard to me. Everything was enjoyable; talking to customers, re-organizing, stock.
A stable part time position with lots of friendly co-workers and managers
Stock Clerk and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Usually a casual to busy day at Bluenotes, making daily budgets and assisting customers with their needs. Co-workers are very friendly, very comfortable to be around with and outgoing at the same time. Managers are very helpful when co workers or customers are struggling or need assistant and committed just as much as everyone else.
General day at work
Store Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work for me would be attending to my duties with no questions asked. Allowing myself to work at a fast pace and maintaining within my scope of practice. Being friendly, and co-operative with my co-workers and overcoming difficult tasks with minimal or no help at all. The most enjoyable part at the end of the day would be helping out customers and putting smiles on their faces.
Prductive and very fun work environment to be in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 9, 2014
Organize, prepare, fold, and display merchandise in a short amount of time
Customer's are #1 all the time!!
Great relationships with co-workers
Hardest part of the job is working during hours of "Behind Closed Doors", hundreds of customers are in the store because of amazing sales.
Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun at work while still being productive.
Dont work there unless youre desperate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: discounts on all ym inc stores
Cons: lazy and rude managers
Managers and rude and lazy. They don't do any thing accept point out what you did wrong or tell you to do this and that. They don't tell you did good when you do.
The only good thing about working there is you get discounts to bluenotes and other stores owned by ym inc (sirens, urban planet, Suzy shier,stitches etc)
Great Place to work! Lots of room for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee), New Minas, NSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great people
I have been with Bluenotes for almost 11 years. I started as an Assistant Manager and have worked my way up to a Store Manager and for one year was able to experience being a District Manager while I covered a Maternity Leave.

Bluenotes has given me the skills I needed to become a strong leader to succeed within the business!
Super chill, very fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: music, fashion, people
Cons: long hours, not enough hours
Typical day at work was very fun, even when tasking. Learned to sharpen my folding skills as well as take things lightly when it came to criticisms. Management was great! So were the co-workers! Hardest part of the job I think would be keeping up with ALL the denim. Most enjoyable part was good music, good people, fun customers.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2014
I worked at YAYA & Co. briefly as summer employment, but I learned a lot about how to merchandise bigger brands as well as drive sales since I worked on commission. I learned various persuasive techniques, whether it would be suggesting a top for a customer purchasing a pair of pants or suggesting a boot cleaner for a customer purchasing a pair of boots.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: day goes by fast
Cons: too many visuals, customers are not top priority at this company they only focus on tasking, messy, to much stock and not enough staff to help
Unorganized, to many visual changes to do and not enough time in a day to do them . No recognition for a job well done . Very under staffed . Too much stock with very little help , don't get paid over time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: there really isn't any cons.
I always remember going in to work and there being something new to work on. I liked that though because it kept me busy. The management was great. Strict. But great. I never had a problem with anyone there or anything there. I found that I got along with generally everyone there. It was perfect for when I was in school last year.