Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

Management was great, safety was risks were very low, and they all respected you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 28, 2016
i really enjoyed working there because the way they spoke to me was as if i was an equal, there was no hierarchy even though all the other employees were more experienced than me, there weren't many health and safety risks.
Enjoyed working at Bluenotes
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 27, 2016
Good environment and good people as well. Some days were super busy but that's retail life! Would recommend Bluenotes to anyone for employment.
worst place to work
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
when I started working at bluenotes it was really good, now the management is the worst. its a nice place to work for experience
Pros
environment
Cons
hours, pay and management
Terrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 22, 2016
The experience was terrible. The expectations from head office were totally unreasonable, all about visual everyday. No work /life balance at all. Dreaded going into work everyday. Pay is way below the expectations of the work. Never enough staff working. Head office is totally unorganized and have no respect for anyone.
The only positive feedback was I loved the people that I worked with.
Would never work there again.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
Terrible pay, too much expected, all about tasking, head office needs to get it together
Work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2016
It was a awesome job experience in the begging, loved my job. But i just need a part time job to help get by while im attending college
Very exciting work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 8, 2016
My experience at bluenotes was amazing! I enjoyed the staff members which turned into really good friends in the end. It was never a dull moment at bluenotes expect for morning shifts My manager was great he really worked with me to become a better employee in any way that I could, which gave me the experience i have now.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
slow mornings
was bad
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 31, 2016
location I worked had had very poor management. Very disorganized, the manager had the employees do everything while she sat on a chair behind the register on her phone. Literally she would spend her 9-hour shift sitting doing nothing and then when other people came in she gave us an impossible list to finish by the end of the night, mind you there would be 2 evening people.....never again.
Great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2016
Working at Bluenotes really hepled shaped me to become a better sales associate. They helped me to be more aware of different customer needs and how to properly sell items.
fun enviornment with energetic people
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
a typical work day is coming in greeting customers , folding clothes and NCO the place. the team I was working with was really nice and understandable about anything. the worst part of the job was when there were no customers because there was nothing to really do. the best part was the environment and getting to help the customers with anything they need.
Great Place to work at
Sales Associate Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 7, 2016
Everyone at Bluenotes is very friendly and polite. You learn a lot by associates that have been working for a while. Management is also very nice they understand if you have something going on and cant make it to work, they'll always make sure they follow your availability only.
Good music and cute clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
Lots of folding and rehanging clothes. Greeting customers and answering questions.

I learned how to use a tagging gun and how to make a store more visually appealing.

Management was young but hard working.

Co-workers were helpful and nice! They expect your best effort.

Hardest part of the job greeting every customer while folding clothes. And folding jeans correctly. Long shifts + busy = no time to drink water.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and jamming to the clean playlist
A fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 27, 2016
If you like working with people and are very outgoing this would be a good place to work. Working here increased my ability to meet new people better.
Great workplace and environment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 21, 2016
The management was very understanding to students and overall very respectful. Amazing place to work at and great team work. Would recommend this company to anyone who likes working in retail.
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 21, 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
know how a company runs on online ordering
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
-pull out orders from printers

-get orders from inventories into bags

-check the orders again before mail

-mail out orders
Pros
-no pressure
Cons
-nothing
Energetic and fun environment and staff
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work full or part time, not alot of hours available to part time associates, hours are given fairly and on a seniority basis.
productive and fun work place with good people
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
my co-workers were the best they all brought something to the table to learn from. the hardest part of my job was the clean up and the balance between work and home as well as school duties. the most enjoyable pat of my job was my custumers i love talking and interacting with people
Pros
free luch
Cons
short hours
Do not work here
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
Manager is horrible. Unfair treatment, yells, no positive reinforcement. Complaints to the district manager fall on deaf ears. Favouritism on all schedules. Demoting staff. They assume that work should take priority over everything else. Made to feel horrible for getting sick, guilt tripped into taking extra shifts or working longer than you are supposed to. There was no upside. Pay was not suitable for cost of living in Fort McMurray. Conclusion, management doesn't have a clue. SM is never out of the backroom and gives unreasonable time limits that she cannot meet herself. Team Lead is incompetent and friends with management outside of work. Retaliation is a likely possibility for any complaints which completely negates Bluenotes open door policy.
Pros
Most associates were great but all are under appriciated
Cons
Manager, no positive reinforcement, pay is too low, made to feel bad for taking time off or getting sick, retaliation for complaints, no confidentiality for complaints.
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONMarch 9, 2016
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Pros
Shifts werent too long or short
Cons
Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
This was a fun place to work, made many friends. Like any retail store there is constant demand for customer assistance and store maintenence. Overall, I would work there again.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Busy