Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Productive , fun and learning enviornment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Working with the company has been full of fun and lot of learning , great growth opportunities within the company. As it provides you an opportunity to work with diverse group of people this helps in your individual leadership skills as well as helps the team to work together.
As it is very fast paced work environment , this helps in enhancing your multitasking skills and organizing and prioritizing your work. Customer service being the top priority helps in building your interpersonal skills.

As retails consists of several parts of Business Management this helps the polishing your skills and also helps in build up the knowledge and experience towards each and every part of Business Management.
Pros
Learning and Growth opporunitites
Cons
Sometimes long hours of Work
Poor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 December 2016
Learned customer service skills
Management is not efficient
Coworkers are somehwta hard working
Hardest part of my job is working long hours
I enjoy working with everyone and meeting new customers
Pros
Cons
Poor management
A Day at Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2016
Opened and closed store - counting the till at the beginning and ending of every shift. Depositing the cash at the end of the day to the bank desired.

Visual Merchandising - Head office would send in emails during the week with visual updates. With this I would have to set up the new visual and delegate my co-workers wherever needed. Sometimes we did not have all the merchandise that the visual displayed so it was up to me to make the decisions as to what to replace it. Within the visual was also markdowns and executing new sales.

Participation in inventory
Prepared two week schedules for employees
Participated in head office meetings- Had to explain the sale,answer questions for our turn reports, demonstrate great customer service, explain the pros and cons about displays, demonstrate that we are executing are visual and promotions as they would like.

Prepared weekly, monthly, and yearly employee evaluations
Ensured that customers have been dealt with a friendly customer service demeanor
Loss Prevention’s Rep for store
Depends on your location and DM
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 October 2016
Dms need to prioritize on stores instead of neglecting workers. Complaints doesn't help resolve any issues, they mostly tell you what you're doing wrong and ignores what you do is right, since our Dm has neglected us many of our workers have quit. Some dms treated sales associate like me kindly however I've noticed management been treated really improper. I can't comprehend these actions by picking at managements faults since they're the ones actually working hard to maintain the store while they give us little hours and refuse to let us hire anymore people.

Sales associates like me are temporarily since I'm only a part time worker and not full time, inevitable that I will not stay for long since I am a student and my spot is easy to replace. However the managers are not, it's hard to find a job with kind managers and co workers so why neglect them until they want to quit ?
Pros
Great co workers and management
Cons
Hours needed, more part timers needed, DM needs to be more approachable and improve their behaviour
Productive and engaging environment with strong leadership and great hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2016
Bluenotes gives me the ability to show my true colours. I am able to use my skills and talent in an industry that represents everything I am and who I want to be. Bluenotes has shown me true value and nurturing through employment, as I have gained many skills in my short time there and have proven to be an effective employee and a delight to work with. I look forward to advancement within Bluenotes and I am excited to see where it takes me.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, Mall, strong leadership
Cons
Available hours, wages.
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2016
I typical day at work would be coming in and go to the back to take out all the new products from the boxes and organize the clothes and put them on the floor. Iv learned how to treat customers right and mostly everything needed to work in retail. Management was amazing, always with a positive attitude towards the co workers.
My co-workers were always great because we helped one another.
Hardest part of the job had to be marking all the clothes and marking how many of their kind there were.
Most enjoyable part of the job had to be helping customers
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Non flexible hours
Great experience and room for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 December 2016
Promoted within a few months into a leadership role,
Enjoyed everyone I worked with as well as head office.
Learned how to visualize and manage a store to help beat budgets and bring customers into the store, met some great people who helped me get to where I am today wishin the company
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Organization
Poor management and organization
Seasonal Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
I found the manager at this particular bluenotes was the least accommodating a manager could possibly be. She would not let me take time off when needed regardless of if it wasn't even in a blacklisted time period. She also didn't follow my availability when scheduling me which was a major issue due to me being a high school student. The assistant managers were much better and overall great people. It wasn't a very friendly working environment. Due to the location there was a majority of difficult customers so it made a day at work very miserable. The only thing convenient about this job was that it was a 5 minute walk from my house.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Bad manager, no balance of difficult customers
Although at times unfair, it's a great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langford, BC2 November 2016
A typical day at work for me consists of,
- Getting in on time,
- Once your shift starts, looking at the 5 minutes meeting board, to find out your zone (section of the store you are responsible for maintaining), and reading the to-do task you've been assigned. Some days they won't be assigned to anyone, and you'd be expected to assign your self to them.
- Maintaining and organizing your zone.
- And helping customers, some will know exactly what they wan't (you'd think that those would be the easiest to help, but no) and others won't know a thing about clothes.

Keeping your position:
Once a week, every week, you manager will keep an eye on you, and score you based off of your ability to keep your zone clean, and handle customers. (If you happen to work at the till that day, your effectiveness as a cashier)

Co-Workers:
Everyone I have worked with are great people.

Hardest Part:
The Denim Wall, and Graphic Tee Table
You'll know what I mean if you get hired

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job:
The customers, They will tell you some pretty amazing stories sometimes.

Management:
From what I can tell, it depends on your store, my store has pretty good management.
Pros
20% Discount on all items in store, and several others including Urban Planet
Cons
Due to the number of stores opened at once, some wont be well supplied, forcing you to leave your belongings in the open in the back room.
probably the funnest job i've worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
As soon as you go to work, everybody was so welcoming and happy and it was a place that you would want to be at because the vibe of everything was just so positive and amazing. I learned how to fold clothes very well and great team working skills plus communication cause you are always talking to customers. co-workers were amazing. there was no hard part to this job. most enjoyable part was connecting so well with the co-workers and just having an all around great time.
Pros
the manager was so relaxing and was not strict, understood that were just humans and was open to anything
great, friendly atmosphere
PT Back Up Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 November 2016
Throughout my time with this company, I learned how almost everything worked. From sending to receiving shipment, to attending visual days working with the companies best merchandisers. I felt as if my communication skills improved immensely, as well as my ability to complete a job in a quick, yet sufficient manner. The staff is very friendly and understanding, and felt as if it were one big family. The hardest part of the job was working through holidays, however seeing all the families together was a very nice feeling. The best part of the job was being able to freely communicate within the team members, and come together when needed.
Pros
In a mall
Cons
Open holidays
Boring and stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2016
A typical day at Bluenotes was very simple, I folded and organized many clothes, cleaned the store, and assisted customers. The management at Bluenotes was terrible, did not take the time to build a relationship, instead just made orders without consideration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with specific co-workers and the full time hours. Considering this was my first job, I learned how to work long hours, retail customer service skills, and stock.
was bad
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 May 2016
location I worked had had very poor management. Very disorganized, the manager had the employees do everything while she sat on a chair behind the register on her phone. Literally she would spend her 9-hour shift sitting doing nothing and then when other people came in she gave us an impossible list to finish by the end of the night, mind you there would be 2 evening people.....never again.
Good music and cute clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 April 2016
Lots of folding and rehanging clothes. Greeting customers and answering questions.

I learned how to use a tagging gun and how to make a store more visually appealing.

Management was young but hard working.

Co-workers were helpful and nice! They expect your best effort.

Hardest part of the job greeting every customer while folding clothes. And folding jeans correctly. Long shifts + busy = no time to drink water.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and jamming to the clean playlist
Do not work here
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 March 2016
Manager is horrible. Unfair treatment, yells, no positive reinforcement. Complaints to the district manager fall on deaf ears. Favouritism on all schedules. Demoting staff. They assume that work should take priority over everything else. Made to feel horrible for getting sick, guilt tripped into taking extra shifts or working longer than you are supposed to. There was no upside. Pay was not suitable for cost of living in Fort McMurray. Conclusion, management doesn't have a clue. SM is never out of the backroom and gives unreasonable time limits that she cannot meet herself. Team Lead is incompetent and friends with management outside of work. Retaliation is a likely possibility for any complaints which completely negates Bluenotes open door policy.
Pros
Most associates were great but all are under appriciated
Cons
Manager, no positive reinforcement, pay is too low, made to feel bad for taking time off or getting sick, retaliation for complaints, no confidentiality for complaints.
Terrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 June 2016
The experience was terrible. The expectations from head office were totally unreasonable, all about visual everyday. No work /life balance at all. Dreaded going into work everyday. Pay is way below the expectations of the work. Never enough staff working. Head office is totally unorganized and have no respect for anyone.
The only positive feedback was I loved the people that I worked with.
Would never work there again.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
Terrible pay, too much expected, all about tasking, head office needs to get it together
Good place to learn but unfair environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2016
It was good place to learn. fast faced environment. Nice and fun loving co- worker. Worst management and unfair treatment.
Pros
Learning environment, fun, promotions
Cons
soo much things to do in small time, disrespectful, very less pay, racism
worst place to work
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
when I started working at bluenotes it was really good, now the management is the worst. its a nice place to work for experience
Pros
environment
Cons
hours, pay and management
Great Place to work at
Sales Associate Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 May 2016
Everyone at Bluenotes is very friendly and polite. You learn a lot by associates that have been working for a while. Management is also very nice they understand if you have something going on and cant make it to work, they'll always make sure they follow your availability only.
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2016
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home
Pros
Great co-workers and management team
Cons
Long Hours, always on feet

2.8