Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
my experience with bluenotes was that, very unorganized management, I had my manager ast. and another manager quit within two weeks, The head management seemed unfriendly, for a company thats been in business for so many years they dont treat the employees very nice

very dissapointing
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2017
Not the greatest place to work. Simple job; clean, help customers, organize stock, etc. My team was good, everyone was nice and helpful, but the company itself does not seem to care about their employees.
fun short hours of work at
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2017
a typical day at work is when you clean the clothes that are on the floor, bring out stocks and fold them as presentable as much as possible since people will definitely will look at them and that's how you sell your item, greet and help each individual that comes in through the store and engage some small talk here and there so that the customer will feel at least at home in our store and they will appreciate our customer service. I learned in this job how to be efficient in my time as there's a lot of thing to consider in the short amount that you are working. When I was working here, the management was incredible and couldn't ask for a better management as we helped one another and bring our store up from the lowest it became. The culture in this job is very diverse in some ways. The hardest part of the job is when the mall is quiet as it is located in a small mall in a small city so you fight for boredom and this help you think and find things to do around the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you actually share your fashion ideas and perspectives to different people and the customer will actually copy your simple minded outfit that you quickly put out.
Pros
discounted items
Cons
short hours, low salary and benefits
It's a welcoming Place Of Work
I present sales and discount options (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 March 2017
Bluenotes is a very fun and friendly working environment. The employees work very hard to help costumers reach their needs and sales goals. We also help our customers save money but also buy more product. A typical day at work is very few customers come in, I usually have 3 to 4 hour shifts twice a week. The hardest part of the job is dealing with extremely rude customers, but my co-workers and I work together and don't let our personal feelings get in the way of our job. Management staff are very understanding and flexible with situations at work and with their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the social aspect. I love people! Talking to them and helping them make their day and shopping experience better and easier is what I strive to do!
Pros
The positive people.
Cons
short hours. not enough.
Fun and upbeat place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2017
A typical day would be you clock in and grab a key to the fitting room, open the doors and get to stoking and organizing the floor with the plan set for that week.. the entire day involves trying to keep it clean and presentable while running back to the fitting room to open for a few customers and refolding the merchandise that wasn't wanted and then cycle continues until the lights go off
Fun, Upbeat working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2017
I enjoyed working at Bluenotes Halifax Shopping Centre. It was a fun, upbeat working environment. The co-workers were awesome!! Although you were at "work" it didn't really feel like you were working.
Fun and helpful.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2017
It helped me get used to customer service and putting myself out there to customers. The employees and management were very helpful during my training. They were kind and said they'd take me back for seasonal work if needed.
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 February 2017
Bluenotes is a wonderful company to work for, supports employees and their daily lives! Love it there.
the job entitled greeting customers, cleaning the work place, opperating cash and doing returns.
Great Place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
People are great, for low end retail the management is very engaged and cares for their employees and the store. Very accommodating for school schedules.
Productive and fun workspace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Learned how to organized and stock clothes, fun people to work with, management treated me well, there were many shifts available and it's a good place to grow

Want to know more about Bluenotes?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Good management, outgoing and friendly, positive work environment. Learned how to stock and replenish inventory, Good sales experiences, as well as cashier knowledge and customer interpersonal skills.
bluenotes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 February 2017
I liked working at blue notes the people I worked will were great and I only left because I moved back to Barrie and I like working with customers and helping customers when they need help
Love the coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2017
I would clock in and start working hard. Greeting every customers and if i missed a customer i would get talked to by the manager. Loved the people that worked with me but did not like the management and the company in general.
Amazing Experience
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 February 2017
Working at Bluenotes was a wonderful experience. I always looked forward to my shifts each week due to the welcoming and fun atmosphere. I learned about the different aspects of the retail sector, as all of my previous experience had been in the food industry. The management staff at Bluenotes was absolutely incredible, as they were all extremely friendly individuals and easy to approach with any questions or concerns.

The hardest part of the job was probably cleaning the store after busy days, especially while understaffed, however it could easily be overlooked because of the amazing sales team at the Belleville location. I found it very easy to connect with the entire sales team and everyone got along fairly well, making each shift more enjoyable. Not only was the sales team great to work with, having some freedom in my attire choices was a huge perk.
Pros
no set uniform, excellent sales team, plenty of hours
Cons
late nights with long drive home, understaffed at times
up beat job
Assitant Manager/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 January 2017
Every day was a new experience dealing with customers of all ages. It was fun to be able to give suggestions to customers and see the positive results. The staff were all fun and friendly and made the shifts go by quickly.
Great learning experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
A typical day at work would begin with me clocking in. Once i clock in i see what needs to me clean; usually that would just be me organising walls, tables and the change rooms. Once i finish cleaning and everything's in order. I see what things my manager wants done for the day and go about it. As i complete these task I assist and help customers with any questions and concerns. Once the shift is over i clean up and clock out. If closing, I clean up what needs to be clean so the store is tidy for tomorrow morning!

What I've learned from working at Bluenotes is to be patient and how to deal with all types of personalities/people.

The management at Bluenotes was really well. We knew exactly what to do at all times and who to go to with any questions or assistance.

The people i worked with were great people who i got along with very well! very reliable and helpful.

The hardest part of the job would be not being able to be perfect and full fill everyone's wishes. But this makes me more motivated to try to do the best to full fill them.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be definitely being able to interact with different people everyday and making their day better by helping them and making them smile!
A successful beginnings
Part-time key holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
This was my first job and I can't express how this store helped me to be confident and be open about everything. Working in retail help me boost my confidence to be friendly and encouraging to people. A typical day at work, if you're opening the store you have to be there before the mall opens and I think I like the idea of seeing how quiet the malls are. You open the register and you start cleaning, check the emails if there's a new promotion happening in that day or week, and then you welcome the customer with a huge smile and greetings. My management and co-workers were really nice I was the youngest in this workplace yet they treat me as an adult and taught me to be mature. The hardest part of the job is that when you're working alone and there's customer that needs the fitting room and then there's customers waiting to be checked and everything is just busy yet you like that busy fast pace and it makes your mind think faster. I enjoyed this workplace as it shaped of who am I today.
Pros
Discount, co-workers
Cons
minimum pay and no benefits
productive, welcoming
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
Working at Bluenotes gave me helped me to gain a great amount of experience in customer service, while also getting an opportunity to work with a great team. I still am very grateful for that opportunity.
Pros
customer experience
Poor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 December 2016
Learned customer service skills
Management is not efficient
Coworkers are somehwta hard working
Hardest part of my job is working long hours
I enjoy working with everyone and meeting new customers
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Great experience and room for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 December 2016
Promoted within a few months into a leadership role,
Enjoyed everyone I worked with as well as head office.
Learned how to visualize and manage a store to help beat budgets and bring customers into the store, met some great people who helped me get to where I am today wishin the company
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8