Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Productive and engaging environment with strong leadership and great hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Bluenotes gives me the ability to show my true colours. I am able to use my skills and talent in an industry that represents everything I am and who I want to be. Bluenotes has shown me true value and nurturing through employment, as I have gained many skills in my short time there and have proven to be an effective employee and a delight to work with. I look forward to advancement within Bluenotes and I am excited to see where it takes me.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, Mall, strong leadership
Cons
Available hours, wages.
friendly working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 8, 2016
There was alway something to do like stock, NCO, visuals or helping customers. I have learnt a lot about managing the store and improvement in customer service.
Management is had to work with.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 1, 2016
I enjoyed working with all the associates, however, the store is a disaster. Incredibly disorganized. Manager does not respond to advice or criticisms and has poor communication skills.
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2016
I typical day at work would be coming in and go to the back to take out all the new products from the boxes and organize the clothes and put them on the floor. Iv learned how to treat customers right and mostly everything needed to work in retail. Management was amazing, always with a positive attitude towards the co workers.
My co-workers were always great because we helped one another.
Hardest part of the job had to be marking all the clothes and marking how many of their kind there were.
Most enjoyable part of the job had to be helping customers
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Non flexible hours
productive and hard working work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 12, 2016
Friendly work environment with motivated people around me. Also hard working and very productive. Managing and supervision were good
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 3, 2016
Working at bluenotes was a pleasure, the position I had filled was only for seasonal. The time spent there was enjoyable with great staff and an outstanding employer. I learned to work at a fast pace and multi task to please all customers, the hardest part of the job would have to be pleasing every single customer that came in.
Unfriendly environment.
Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 1, 2016
Working for Bluenotes had it's ups and downs. I gained experience skills personally, which was great. Unfriendly and judgemental environment. Although, I stayed positive and gave my best every day.
Pros
Gained experience.
Cons
Unfriendly environment.
Productive , fun and learning enviornment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2016
Working with the company has been full of fun and lot of learning , great growth opportunities within the company. As it provides you an opportunity to work with diverse group of people this helps in your individual leadership skills as well as helps the team to work together.
As it is very fast paced work environment , this helps in enhancing your multitasking skills and organizing and prioritizing your work. Customer service being the top priority helps in building your interpersonal skills.

As retails consists of several parts of Business Management this helps the polishing your skills and also helps in build up the knowledge and experience towards each and every part of Business Management.
Pros
Learning and Growth opporunitites
Cons
Sometimes long hours of Work
Management was great, safety was risks were very low, and they all respected you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 28, 2016
i really enjoyed working there because the way they spoke to me was as if i was an equal, there was no hierarchy even though all the other employees were more experienced than me, there weren't many health and safety risks.
Enjoyed working at Bluenotes
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 27, 2016
Good environment and good people as well. Some days were super busy but that's retail life! Would recommend Bluenotes to anyone for employment.
worst place to work
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
when I started working at bluenotes it was really good, now the management is the worst. its a nice place to work for experience
Pros
environment
Cons
hours, pay and management
Terrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 22, 2016
The experience was terrible. The expectations from head office were totally unreasonable, all about visual everyday. No work /life balance at all. Dreaded going into work everyday. Pay is way below the expectations of the work. Never enough staff working. Head office is totally unorganized and have no respect for anyone.
The only positive feedback was I loved the people that I worked with.
Would never work there again.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
Terrible pay, too much expected, all about tasking, head office needs to get it together
Work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2016
It was a awesome job experience in the begging, loved my job. But i just need a part time job to help get by while im attending college
Very exciting work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 8, 2016
My experience at bluenotes was amazing! I enjoyed the staff members which turned into really good friends in the end. It was never a dull moment at bluenotes expect for morning shifts My manager was great he really worked with me to become a better employee in any way that I could, which gave me the experience i have now.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
slow mornings
was bad
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 31, 2016
location I worked had had very poor management. Very disorganized, the manager had the employees do everything while she sat on a chair behind the register on her phone. Literally she would spend her 9-hour shift sitting doing nothing and then when other people came in she gave us an impossible list to finish by the end of the night, mind you there would be 2 evening people.....never again.
Great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 25, 2016
Working at Bluenotes really hepled shaped me to become a better sales associate. They helped me to be more aware of different customer needs and how to properly sell items.
fun enviornment with energetic people
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
a typical work day is coming in greeting customers , folding clothes and NCO the place. the team I was working with was really nice and understandable about anything. the worst part of the job was when there were no customers because there was nothing to really do. the best part was the environment and getting to help the customers with anything they need.
Great Place to work at
Sales Associate Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 7, 2016
Everyone at Bluenotes is very friendly and polite. You learn a lot by associates that have been working for a while. Management is also very nice they understand if you have something going on and cant make it to work, they'll always make sure they follow your availability only.
Good music and cute clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
Lots of folding and rehanging clothes. Greeting customers and answering questions.

I learned how to use a tagging gun and how to make a store more visually appealing.

Management was young but hard working.

Co-workers were helpful and nice! They expect your best effort.

Hardest part of the job greeting every customer while folding clothes. And folding jeans correctly. Long shifts + busy = no time to drink water.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and jamming to the clean playlist
A fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 27, 2016
If you like working with people and are very outgoing this would be a good place to work. Working here increased my ability to meet new people better.

2.8