Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
i enjoyed working with my employees
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2014
The amount of work that was being asked of myself and my team, the pay should have been a lot better. I would never again go back to that company.
Retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: access to trending fashion
Cons: short shifts
I usually folded clothes, helped customers and brought out stock. I learned how to display the clothing in a visually appealing manner to attract business and how to help customers find a wardrobe that suits them. Management was originally the reason I was quitting, a lot of them were young and temporary so my experience was tainted, as well, my co-workers – more... were quite controversial, it felt as if the workplace was divided, which made for a visibly hostile environment. The hardest part of the job was returning clothing to the floor after it had been taken to the fitting rooms, and the most enjoyable part was making beautiful and impressionable designs with the clothing on both mannequins and the walls – less
very fun!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: long hours
taught me how to manage a team effectively.

management were always there to help

relocation was there
Bluenotes is a fun, fast paced environment!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great place to learn the ropes of retail management as it's a very fast-paced environment so you need to be able to work fast. It's great place to start out!
Not the Best
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2014
Had a good time while i worked there, but the management was constantly changing the schedule on us, store was always messy
Cultural workplace, with exceptional associates and management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
Working at Bluenotes started as an enjoyable experience. I learned quite a bit, seeing as it was my first job in retail. I was able to grow within the company, and I made some really great friendships.

Unfortunately, the store location I worked for is highly unorganized and has little appreciation for its employees. Or so, that's how I felt occasionally.

All – more... in all, Bluenotes is not a bad place to work. Just don't expect a whole lot from working there. – less
good place to work part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 13, 2014
bluenotes is a good place to work as a part time employee. management is not bad. but some other benefits are not available here like health insurance or dental plan.
Retail Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 25 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5August 6, 2014
Pros: workplace friendliness
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be to organize the merchandise on the floor, promote sales, and greeting customers. I learner how to multi-task and communicate ten times better at this job. My co-workers were all open and nice. We were like one big family. The hardest part of the job? There wasn't really anything hard to me. Everything was enjoyable; talking – more... to customers, re-organizing, stock. – less
Very nice environment to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: more time to do anything else in your life
Cons: short hours
I got along with all my co-workers. Learn a lot about my time management problem. Enjoy most days.
Prductive and very fun work environment to be in
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 9, 2014
Organize, prepare, fold, and display merchandise in a short amount of time
Customer's are #1 all the time!!
Great relationships with co-workers
Hardest part of the job is working during hours of "Behind Closed Doors", hundreds of customers are in the store because of amazing sales.
Most enjoyable part of the job is having fun at work while still being – more... productive. – less
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJuly 7, 2014
Working here was great. It was fast pace, and the staff was great to work with. I enjoyed engaging with the customers.
High stress
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, CNEMay 13, 2014
I loved the high stress as this took place at the CNE. The amount of people I saw in a day was amazing. It made the day go by faster
Time consuming
Sales Associate (Former Employee), cape breton NSMay 6, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: time consuming
It was a great job with great co workers but was very time consuming due to working alot of split shifts
Great work enviroment and awesome coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2014
Pros: employees, enviroment, experience
Cons: wage, expectations
Daily routines would include visual setup, stock, and customer service. Learned a lot about selling and how to work with customers. Management and coworkers were the best part of working for Bluenotes. Hardest part was being paid bare minimum and being expected to completed and take on all the tasks that were given.

Again the most enjoyable part was – more... the staff, management always worked with me. Scheduling was always flexible to my needs. – less
It was a productive job that required constant attention.
Sales/cashier (Former Employee), Alberta, CalgaryApril 28, 2014
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The tasks were manageable and easy to get done. The hardest part of the job was having a new manager often.
Excellent company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2014
Bluenotes had a lot of great people working within the company. It's a great place to gain experience with customer service, gain confidence and learn how to work well with others in a team. Throughout my early years I had great opportunities to learn new things and eventually move up within the company.
Fun and ok Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2014
Top Management is very kind but very cheap on salary. They never take employee's living cost and life in account to pay their salary.
Great upper management
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 18, 2014
Upper management were very supportive, and positive. I enjoyed working for YM.
Fun workplace with fun employees
Sales Assoicate (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great mangement and staffs, well organzied company
Cons: little or no shifts
Greet and Assist customers
handle cash
morning shifts- cash, petty cash, visual changes, shipment mark-downs and bring stocks out
closing shifts- cash, organize the store, bank despite, bring stocks out closing the registers, sweep the floor and clean windows
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons: no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.

1 2 3