Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good music and cute clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
Lots of folding and rehanging clothes. Greeting customers and answering questions.

I learned how to use a tagging gun and how to make a store more visually appealing.

Management was young but hard working.

Co-workers were helpful and nice! They expect your best effort.

Hardest part of the job greeting every customer while folding clothes. And folding jeans correctly. Long shifts + busy = no time to drink water.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and jamming to the clean playlist
A fun work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 27, 2016
If you like working with people and are very outgoing this would be a good place to work. Working here increased my ability to meet new people better.
Great workplace and environment
Sales associate (Former Employee), Timmins, ONApril 21, 2016
The management was very understanding to students and overall very respectful. Amazing place to work at and great team work. Would recommend this company to anyone who likes working in retail.
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 21, 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
know how a company runs on online ordering
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: -no pressure
Cons: -nothing
-pull out orders from printers

-get orders from inventories into bags

-check the orders again before mail

-mail out orders
Energetic and fun environment and staff
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work full or part time, not alot of hours available to part time associates, hours are given fairly and on a seniority basis.
productive and fun work place with good people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: free luch
Cons: short hours
my co-workers were the best they all brought something to the table to learn from. the hardest part of my job was the clean up and the balance between work and home as well as school duties. the most enjoyable pat of my job was my custumers i love talking and interacting with people
Do not work here
Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Most associates were great but all are under appriciated
Cons: Manager, no positive reinforcement, pay is too low, made to feel bad for taking time off or getting sick, retaliation for complaints, no confidentiality for complaints.
Manager is horrible. Unfair treatment, yells, no positive reinforcement. Complaints to the district manager fall on deaf ears. Favouritism on all schedules. Demoting staff. They assume that work should take priority over everything else. Made to feel horrible for getting sick, guilt tripped into taking extra shifts or working longer than you are supposed to. There was no upside. Pay was not suitable for cost of living in Fort McMurray. Conclusion, management doesn't have a clue. SM is never out of the backroom and gives unreasonable time limits that she cannot meet herself. Team Lead is incompetent and friends with management outside of work. Retaliation is a likely possibility for any complaints which completely negates Bluenotes open door policy.
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Shifts werent too long or short
Cons: Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
Pros: Fun
Cons: Busy
This was a fun place to work, made many friends. Like any retail store there is constant demand for customer assistance and store maintenence. Overall, I would work there again.
fun work space
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 29, 2016
not a physically demanding job
lots of working with the general public
room to advance
basic learning skills
good amount of breaks
Good place to learn but unfair environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Learning environment, fun, promotions
Cons: soo much things to do in small time, disrespectful, very less pay, racism
It was good place to learn. fast faced environment. Nice and fun loving co- worker. Worst management and unfair treatment.
worst place ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 18, 2016
awful district manager, super low pay was made promises that were never kept manager was great but that was it. would never go back.
Boring and stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at Bluenotes was very simple, I folded and organized many clothes, cleaned the store, and assisted customers. The management at Bluenotes was terrible, did not take the time to build a relationship, instead just made orders without consideration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with specific co-workers and the full time hours. Considering this was my first job, I learned how to work long hours, retail customer service skills, and stock.
A stable part time position with lots of friendly co-workers and managers
Stock Clerk and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Usually a casual to busy day at Bluenotes, making daily budgets and assisting customers with their needs. Co-workers are very friendly, very comfortable to be around with and outgoing at the same time. Managers are very helpful when co workers or customers are struggling or need assistant and committed just as much as everyone else.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great team, and position
Cons: scheduled hours, and management
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
fun and productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: awesome people
Cons: n/a
i enjoyed working with the co-workers and also great being a team player
i had learned how to work with people that were hard to deal with but was able to handle the situations.
i do not like to work with people that steal or mistreat other workers
terrible pay, terrible hours, and terrible company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
great staff. terrible company. they refuse to pay you for more than 40 hours. you barely get any hours as a part timer, and your getting paid minimum wage no matter how long you work there. great experience for a first time job.
A day with customers at bluenotes.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: amazing surrounding, positive people, funny moments and great food in the mall.
Cons: too cold in the store sometimes.
My typical day at work would be, me logging in to the system, I like to listen to music so one would be able to hear me singing along to the store's music. Overtime I see a customer i would be quick to approach them and let them know of our sales going on and maybe one or two times , I would compliment the customer and making them feel comfortable. I learned how to not be shy and to be able to approach people without feeling odd. My coworkers are amazing, I could talk to them about anything and everything. The hardest part of the job is when it gets so busy with only a few workers on the floor. This means double the work for us which I don't mind but it is a hassle at times . Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and learning and interacting with them all day long.
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers and management team
Cons: Long Hours, always on feet
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home