Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Poor management and organization
Seasonal Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
I found the manager at this particular bluenotes was the least accommodating a manager could possibly be. She would not let me take time off when needed regardless of if it wasn't even in a blacklisted time period. She also didn't follow my availability when scheduling me which was a major issue due to me being a high school student. The assistant managers were much better and overall great people. It wasn't a very friendly working environment. Due to the location there was a majority of difficult customers so it made a day at work very miserable. The only thing convenient about this job was that it was a 5 minute walk from my house.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Bad manager, no balance of difficult customers
great, friendly atmosphere
PT Back Up Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 November 2016
Throughout my time with this company, I learned how almost everything worked. From sending to receiving shipment, to attending visual days working with the companies best merchandisers. I felt as if my communication skills improved immensely, as well as my ability to complete a job in a quick, yet sufficient manner. The staff is very friendly and understanding, and felt as if it were one big family. The hardest part of the job was working through holidays, however seeing all the families together was a very nice feeling. The best part of the job was being able to freely communicate within the team members, and come together when needed.
Pros
In a mall
Cons
Open holidays
probably the funnest job i've worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
As soon as you go to work, everybody was so welcoming and happy and it was a place that you would want to be at because the vibe of everything was just so positive and amazing. I learned how to fold clothes very well and great team working skills plus communication cause you are always talking to customers. co-workers were amazing. there was no hard part to this job. most enjoyable part was connecting so well with the co-workers and just having an all around great time.
Pros
the manager was so relaxing and was not strict, understood that were just humans and was open to anything
Cons
Great experience and room for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 December 2016
Promoted within a few months into a leadership role,
Enjoyed everyone I worked with as well as head office.
Learned how to visualize and manage a store to help beat budgets and bring customers into the store, met some great people who helped me get to where I am today wishin the company
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Organization
Productive and engaging environment with strong leadership and great hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 September 2016
Bluenotes gives me the ability to show my true colours. I am able to use my skills and talent in an industry that represents everything I am and who I want to be. Bluenotes has shown me true value and nurturing through employment, as I have gained many skills in my short time there and have proven to be an effective employee and a delight to work with. I look forward to advancement within Bluenotes and I am excited to see where it takes me.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, Mall, strong leadership
Cons
Available hours, wages.
productive, welcoming
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
Working at Bluenotes gave me helped me to gain a great amount of experience in customer service, while also getting an opportunity to work with a great team. I still am very grateful for that opportunity.
Pros
customer experience
Amazing Experience
Sales Associate/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 February 2017
Working at Bluenotes was a wonderful experience. I always looked forward to my shifts each week due to the welcoming and fun atmosphere. I learned about the different aspects of the retail sector, as all of my previous experience had been in the food industry. The management staff at Bluenotes was absolutely incredible, as they were all extremely friendly individuals and easy to approach with any questions or concerns.

The hardest part of the job was probably cleaning the store after busy days, especially while understaffed, however it could easily be overlooked because of the amazing sales team at the Belleville location. I found it very easy to connect with the entire sales team and everyone got along fairly well, making each shift more enjoyable. Not only was the sales team great to work with, having some freedom in my attire choices was a huge perk.
Pros
no set uniform, excellent sales team, plenty of hours
Cons
late nights with long drive home, understaffed at times
up beat job
Assitant Manager/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 January 2017
Every day was a new experience dealing with customers of all ages. It was fun to be able to give suggestions to customers and see the positive results. The staff were all fun and friendly and made the shifts go by quickly.
Love the coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2017
I would clock in and start working hard. Greeting every customers and if i missed a customer i would get talked to by the manager. Loved the people that worked with me but did not like the management and the company in general.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Good management, outgoing and friendly, positive work environment. Learned how to stock and replenish inventory, Good sales experiences, as well as cashier knowledge and customer interpersonal skills.
Poor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 December 2016
Learned customer service skills
Management is not efficient
Coworkers are somehwta hard working
Hardest part of my job is working long hours
I enjoy working with everyone and meeting new customers
Pros
Cons
Poor management
A successful beginnings
Part-time key holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
This was my first job and I can't express how this store helped me to be confident and be open about everything. Working in retail help me boost my confidence to be friendly and encouraging to people. A typical day at work, if you're opening the store you have to be there before the mall opens and I think I like the idea of seeing how quiet the malls are. You open the register and you start cleaning, check the emails if there's a new promotion happening in that day or week, and then you welcome the customer with a huge smile and greetings. My management and co-workers were really nice I was the youngest in this workplace yet they treat me as an adult and taught me to be mature. The hardest part of the job is that when you're working alone and there's customer that needs the fitting room and then there's customers waiting to be checked and everything is just busy yet you like that busy fast pace and it makes your mind think faster. I enjoyed this workplace as it shaped of who am I today.
Pros
Discount, co-workers
Cons
minimum pay and no benefits
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2016
I typical day at work would be coming in and go to the back to take out all the new products from the boxes and organize the clothes and put them on the floor. Iv learned how to treat customers right and mostly everything needed to work in retail. Management was amazing, always with a positive attitude towards the co workers.
My co-workers were always great because we helped one another.
Hardest part of the job had to be marking all the clothes and marking how many of their kind there were.
Most enjoyable part of the job had to be helping customers
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Non flexible hours
bluenotes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 February 2017
I liked working at blue notes the people I worked will were great and I only left because I moved back to Barrie and I like working with customers and helping customers when they need help
Productive and fun workspace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Learned how to organized and stock clothes, fun people to work with, management treated me well, there were many shifts available and it's a good place to grow
A Day at Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2016
Opened and closed store - counting the till at the beginning and ending of every shift. Depositing the cash at the end of the day to the bank desired.

Visual Merchandising - Head office would send in emails during the week with visual updates. With this I would have to set up the new visual and delegate my co-workers wherever needed. Sometimes we did not have all the merchandise that the visual displayed so it was up to me to make the decisions as to what to replace it. Within the visual was also markdowns and executing new sales.

Participation in inventory
Prepared two week schedules for employees
Participated in head office meetings- Had to explain the sale,answer questions for our turn reports, demonstrate great customer service, explain the pros and cons about displays, demonstrate that we are executing are visual and promotions as they would like.

Prepared weekly, monthly, and yearly employee evaluations
Ensured that customers have been dealt with a friendly customer service demeanor
Loss Prevention’s Rep for store
Terrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario22 June 2016
The experience was terrible. The expectations from head office were totally unreasonable, all about visual everyday. No work /life balance at all. Dreaded going into work everyday. Pay is way below the expectations of the work. Never enough staff working. Head office is totally unorganized and have no respect for anyone.
The only positive feedback was I loved the people that I worked with.
Would never work there again.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
Terrible pay, too much expected, all about tasking, head office needs to get it together
Productive , fun and learning enviornment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2016
Working with the company has been full of fun and lot of learning , great growth opportunities within the company. As it provides you an opportunity to work with diverse group of people this helps in your individual leadership skills as well as helps the team to work together.
As it is very fast paced work environment , this helps in enhancing your multitasking skills and organizing and prioritizing your work. Customer service being the top priority helps in building your interpersonal skills.

As retails consists of several parts of Business Management this helps the polishing your skills and also helps in build up the knowledge and experience towards each and every part of Business Management.
Pros
Learning and Growth opporunitites
Cons
Sometimes long hours of Work
Depends on your location and DM
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 October 2016
Dms need to prioritize on stores instead of neglecting workers. Complaints doesn't help resolve any issues, they mostly tell you what you're doing wrong and ignores what you do is right, since our Dm has neglected us many of our workers have quit. Some dms treated sales associate like me kindly however I've noticed management been treated really improper. I can't comprehend these actions by picking at managements faults since they're the ones actually working hard to maintain the store while they give us little hours and refuse to let us hire anymore people.

Sales associates like me are temporarily since I'm only a part time worker and not full time, inevitable that I will not stay for long since I am a student and my spot is easy to replace. However the managers are not, it's hard to find a job with kind managers and co workers so why neglect them until they want to quit ?
Pros
Great co workers and management
Cons
Hours needed, more part timers needed, DM needs to be more approachable and improve their behaviour
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 July 2016
Working at bluenotes was a pleasure, the position I had filled was only for seasonal. The time spent there was enjoyable with great staff and an outstanding employer. I learned to work at a fast pace and multi task to please all customers, the hardest part of the job would have to be pleasing every single customer that came in.

2.9