Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2014
Bluenotes had a lot of great people working within the company. It's a great place to gain experience with customer service, gain confidence and learn how to work well with others in a team. Throughout my early years I had great opportunities to learn new things and eventually move up within the company.
Fun and ok Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2014
Top Management is very kind but very cheap on salary. They never take employee's living cost and life in account to pay their salary.
Great upper management
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 18, 2014
Upper management were very supportive, and positive. I enjoyed working for YM.
Fun workplace with fun employees
Sales Assoicate (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great mangement and staffs, well organzied company
Cons: little or no shifts
Greet and Assist customers
handle cash
morning shifts- cash, petty cash, visual changes, shipment mark-downs and bring stocks out
closing shifts- cash, organize the store, bank despite, bring stocks out closing the registers, sweep the floor and clean windows
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons: no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
enjoyable company
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great staff and team work
Cons: hours become short during non active seasons, limited opportunities for advancement
As a former sales associate of Bluenotes, it is evident that working for such an organized and well developed company has helped me develop new and innovative skills. Working in such a fast paste environment where customer service is crucial made me gain better communication skills as well as providing prompt service and satisfaction. In addition to – more... having an enjoyable time assisting and having brief conversations with customers, my coworkers and managers were also part of the reason why my working experience at Bluenotes was so enjoyable. – less
Hard Work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours
Long hours, and no family time.
A lot of Traveling out of town and province.
Co workers are "cut Throat" and selfish.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: fun, good music, good management
Cons: my pay wasn't given to me for over a month ...
Very fun work place, management and other employees were easy to get along with and were very helpful.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 8, 2014
I worked at YAYA & Co. briefly as summer employment, but I learned a lot about how to merchandise bigger brands as well as drive sales since I worked on commission. I learned various persuasive techniques, whether it would be suggesting a top for a customer purchasing a pair of pants or suggesting a boot cleaner for a customer purchasing a pair of boots.
Great part time position
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 5, 2014
This position is perfect paired with going to college full time - provided great hours and works around your schedule.
YM company's are a joke
Full Time Key Holder; Acting Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 17, 2013
Beyond stupid, the company makes you work without pay. PAYROLL DOESNT WORK. horrible horrible company
outgoing, preductive, works well with others
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONNovember 7, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: cowookers being jelous
I loved helping people find what they were looking for. If they needed help i was there to assist them with a smile.
/very considerate and helpful people
Customer service (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 7, 2013
everyone was friendly and worked hard, reasonable hours for a student.
An enjoyable place great environment with a great staff
Key holder promoted to Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 5, 2013
I loved working at bluenotes, I had a great staff. The company wasn't the greatest cause I find that the YM company doesn't care too much about there employees too much. But I had a great manager.
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBOctober 24, 2013
Pros: very flexable with hours
Cons: not enough hours
great staff and a fun invironment to work in.
i fold and tidy clothes while i great customer with sales and a smile. then i assist them with sizes or clour and process there sales with debit,cash or credit.
Friendly people, great atmosphere
Temp. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONOctober 17, 2013
Pros: clothes at 15% discount
Cons: co-workers were lazy
The manager was extremely easy to get along with. She was friendly, accomodating, and warm-hearted. The customers were typically very accommodating and they were very easy to please. The cleaning is very easy.
Productive and enjoyable job working with people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, supportive team of co-workers, lots of work during height of shopping season (i.e. summer, christmas)
Cons: hours become sparse during the post-summer and post-christmas lulls
The job demands that you are a cooperative member of a team, ensuring that sales goals are met, loss prevention standards are upheld, and a good level of communication is maintained between you and your co-workers. Sales associates will be responsible for keeping a heads-up attitude, assisting customers and keeping the store clean, safe of obstructions – more... and other hazards, and visually appealing. In a typical day, a sales associate will greet, relay promotions to customers, sell merchandise, manage the fitting rooms, work the cash registers, move and take inventory of stock, and help maintain the appearance of the store. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with unhappy customers, however, the most enjoyable part of the job comes from helping those customers leave with a good impression of you and the company. – less
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2013
i worked at the one on orfus road management acted very immature and very unorganized they showed favoritism their more like high school than a regular job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2013
Pros: long breaks
Cons: folding the clothes back
It was a very busy environment to work in due to because i was working for the exhibiton bluenotes. I learned how to communicate well with customers and provide extraordinary customer service. The management helped us build better self confidence and help us enhance our customer service skills. My co-workers are always willing to help on cash whenever – more... the booth gets busy. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after all the customers mess and folding every piece of clothing back. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help customers out when they needed help and providing them with excellent customer service so that they will be satisfied with the store's help. – less
Managers are unprofessional
Sales Associate (Former Employee), torontoAugust 2, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: working there
Managers treat you like slaves! no room for advancement unless you were good friends withe manager and AM. Too much favoritism. There was no recondition for hard work.