Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Boring and stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at Bluenotes was very simple, I folded and organized many clothes, cleaned the store, and assisted customers. The management at Bluenotes was terrible, did not take the time to build a relationship, instead just made orders without consideration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with specific co-workers and the full time hours. Considering this was my first job, I learned how to work long hours, retail customer service skills, and stock.
A stable part time position with lots of friendly co-workers and managers
Stock Clerk and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Usually a casual to busy day at Bluenotes, making daily budgets and assisting customers with their needs. Co-workers are very friendly, very comfortable to be around with and outgoing at the same time. Managers are very helpful when co workers or customers are struggling or need assistant and committed just as much as everyone else.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great team, and position
Cons: scheduled hours, and management
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
fun and productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: awesome people
Cons: n/a
i enjoyed working with the co-workers and also great being a team player
i had learned how to work with people that were hard to deal with but was able to handle the situations.
i do not like to work with people that steal or mistreat other workers
terrible pay, terrible hours, and terrible company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
great staff. terrible company. they refuse to pay you for more than 40 hours. you barely get any hours as a part timer, and your getting paid minimum wage no matter how long you work there. great experience for a first time job.
A day with customers at bluenotes.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: amazing surrounding, positive people, funny moments and great food in the mall.
Cons: too cold in the store sometimes.
My typical day at work would be, me logging in to the system, I like to listen to music so one would be able to hear me singing along to the store's music. Overtime I see a customer i would be quick to approach them and let them know of our sales going on and maybe one or two times , I would compliment the customer and making them feel comfortable. I learned how to not be shy and to be able to approach people without feeling odd. My coworkers are amazing, I could talk to them about anything and everything. The hardest part of the job is when it gets so busy with only a few workers on the floor. This means double the work for us which I don't mind but it is a hassle at times . Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and learning and interacting with them all day long.
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers and management team
Cons: Long Hours, always on feet
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Folding
Cons: Long hours
No salary benefit since it is only work experience placed from school. Mostly learned how to communicate customers and stock clothing. The fun part of the job is to simply fold and restock the items back to their shelves, on the other hand, I show no interest to fashion so it is really hard to think fashionably for the customers.
Busy, but time flies
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: long lines
Worked at the busiest location, so it would be tiring by the end of the day. One positive about that is that time will fly by, and you will be out of there before you know it.
Great place to gain retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers and is flexible with schedules.
Cons: A little unorganized
Great place to start working in retail. Management was a little unorganized at times but my co-workers were very friendly and i enjoyed working with them even on the most stressful days like boxing day and black friday.
fun work place
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
great staff, company needs to have more structure, staff need to gain a lot more hours, too much favoritism, between management. some management show lack of leadership. other then that , i definitely enjoyed working with most of my fellow coworkers
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: Not enough hours
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Fun place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Good lunch break
Cons: n/a
A lot of folding, teaches good customer service. Good atmosphere, fun people to work with. Hardest part of the job would be having to clean all of the clothing.
General day at work
Store Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: long breaks
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work for me would be attending to my duties with no questions asked. Allowing myself to work at a fast pace and maintaining within my scope of practice. Being friendly, and co-operative with my co-workers and overcoming difficult tasks with minimal or no help at all. The most enjoyable part at the end of the day would be helping out customers and putting smiles on their faces.
Team lead
Team leader (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Mentored and lead an exceptional team in the customer service field. Retail sales and building short term connections for long term loyalty was my main focus.
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee), New Minas, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons: wage, expectations, company focus
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
this was just a part time job, expectations were very minimum
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to deal and assist customers, co workers were great,became knowledgeable with product, gained customer service experience.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee), Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: slow days
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
great workplace, amazing employess and manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), bonnie doonJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: mininum wage
I loved working there everyone was so kind and considerate of their employees just wish it paid more and wasn't only part time.