Bluenotes Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Folding
Cons: Long hours
No salary benefit since it is only work experience placed from school. Mostly learned how to communicate customers and stock clothing. The fun part of the job is to simply fold and restock the items back to their shelves, on the other hand, I show no interest to fashion so it is really hard to think fashionably for the customers.
Great place to start in management
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch for management as well as benefits
Cons: Horrible upper management
As an assistant manager I always had a very busy day due to all the aspects of the job needed to be completed on daily and hourly limits. My days would start off with setting goals for the store as well as individual all in compassion with our last year's margins. Every day of the week, there was a specific task that would need to be completed:
- Visual
- Markdowns
- Measurable Performance Indications
- LP ( I myself was a LP delight)
-Payroll
- Commissions
- Orders
- Shipping
- Scheduling
- Meetings

The hardest part about the job was not having enough staff to complete all the duties in calm matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the tasks that you have set for yourself for the day and checking them off one by one as they get completed.
Boring and stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at Bluenotes was very simple, I folded and organized many clothes, cleaned the store, and assisted customers. The management at Bluenotes was terrible, did not take the time to build a relationship, instead just made orders without consideration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with specific co-workers and the full time hours. Considering this was my first job, I learned how to work long hours, retail customer service skills, and stock.
Do not work here
Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Most associates were great but all are under appriciated
Cons: Manager, no positive reinforcement, pay is too low, made to feel bad for taking time off or getting sick, retaliation for complaints, no confidentiality for complaints.
Manager is horrible. Unfair treatment, yells, no positive reinforcement. Complaints to the district manager fall on deaf ears. Favouritism on all schedules. Demoting staff. They assume that work should take priority over everything else. Made to feel horrible for getting sick, guilt tripped into taking extra shifts or working longer than you are supposed to. There was no upside. Pay was not suitable for cost of living in Fort McMurray. Conclusion, management doesn't have a clue. SM is never out of the backroom and gives unreasonable time limits that she cannot meet herself. Team Lead is incompetent and friends with management outside of work. Retaliation is a likely possibility for any complaints which completely negates Bluenotes open door policy.
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great co-workers and management team
Cons: Long Hours, always on feet
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great team, and position
Cons: scheduled hours, and management
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Smiths Falls, ONMarch 9, 2016
Pros: Shifts werent too long or short
Cons: Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Good place to learn but unfair environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: Learning environment, fun, promotions
Cons: soo much things to do in small time, disrespectful, very less pay, racism
It was good place to learn. fast faced environment. Nice and fun loving co- worker. Worst management and unfair treatment.
A day with customers at bluenotes.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: amazing surrounding, positive people, funny moments and great food in the mall.
Cons: too cold in the store sometimes.
My typical day at work would be, me logging in to the system, I like to listen to music so one would be able to hear me singing along to the store's music. Overtime I see a customer i would be quick to approach them and let them know of our sales going on and maybe one or two times , I would compliment the customer and making them feel comfortable. I learned how to not be shy and to be able to approach people without feeling odd. My coworkers are amazing, I could talk to them about anything and everything. The hardest part of the job is when it gets so busy with only a few workers on the floor. This means double the work for us which I don't mind but it is a hassle at times . Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to meet new people and learning and interacting with them all day long.
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 21, 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
terrible pay, terrible hours, and terrible company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 13, 2016
great staff. terrible company. they refuse to pay you for more than 40 hours. you barely get any hours as a part timer, and your getting paid minimum wage no matter how long you work there. great experience for a first time job.
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee), New Minas, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons: wage, expectations, company focus
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
A stable part time position with lots of friendly co-workers and managers
Stock Clerk and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Usually a casual to busy day at Bluenotes, making daily budgets and assisting customers with their needs. Co-workers are very friendly, very comfortable to be around with and outgoing at the same time. Managers are very helpful when co workers or customers are struggling or need assistant and committed just as much as everyone else.
Energetic and fun environment and staff
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work full or part time, not alot of hours available to part time associates, hours are given fairly and on a seniority basis.
productive and fun work place with good people
Sales associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: free luch
Cons: short hours
my co-workers were the best they all brought something to the table to learn from. the hardest part of my job was the clean up and the balance between work and home as well as school duties. the most enjoyable pat of my job was my custumers i love talking and interacting with people
Great place to gain retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers and is flexible with schedules.
Cons: A little unorganized
Great place to start working in retail. Management was a little unorganized at times but my co-workers were very friendly and i enjoyed working with them even on the most stressful days like boxing day and black friday.
fun work space
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 29, 2016
not a physically demanding job
lots of working with the general public
room to advance
basic learning skills
good amount of breaks
fun and productive work place
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: awesome people
Cons: n/a
i enjoyed working with the co-workers and also great being a team player
i had learned how to work with people that were hard to deal with but was able to handle the situations.
i do not like to work with people that steal or mistreat other workers
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee), ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: very hard working people
Cons: hard workers are not appreciated, poor pay and benefit structure.
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Fast and hard working
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 22, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks
Cons: Not enough hours
Very busy work environment but fun.
Management is good.
Co-workers are good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the end of the day when the store is spotless and the goals are completed.
Industry