Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very fun!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: long hours
taught me how to manage a team effectively.

management were always there to help

relocation was there
Bluenotes is a fun, fast paced environment!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great place to learn the ropes of retail management as it's a very fast-paced environment so you need to be able to work fast. It's great place to start out!
Not the Best
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2014
Had a good time while i worked there, but the management was constantly changing the schedule on us, store was always messy
Cultural workplace, with exceptional associates and management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
Working at Bluenotes started as an enjoyable experience. I learned quite a bit, seeing as it was my first job in retail. I was able to grow within the company, and I made some really great friendships.

Unfortunately, the store location I worked for is highly unorganized and has little appreciation for its employees. Or so, that's how I felt occasionally.

All – more... in all, Bluenotes is not a bad place to work. Just don't expect a whole lot from working there. – less
good place to work part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 13, 2014
bluenotes is a good place to work as a part time employee. management is not bad. but some other benefits are not available here like health insurance or dental plan.
Retail Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 25 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5August 6, 2014
Pros: workplace friendliness
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be to organize the merchandise on the floor, promote sales, and greeting customers. I learner how to multi-task and communicate ten times better at this job. My co-workers were all open and nice. We were like one big family. The hardest part of the job? There wasn't really anything hard to me. Everything was enjoyable; talking – more... to customers, re-organizing, stock. – less
Very nice environment to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: more time to do anything else in your life
Cons: short hours
I got along with all my co-workers. Learn a lot about my time management problem. Enjoy most days.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJuly 7, 2014
Working here was great. It was fast pace, and the staff was great to work with. I enjoyed engaging with the customers.
High stress
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, CNEMay 13, 2014
I loved the high stress as this took place at the CNE. The amount of people I saw in a day was amazing. It made the day go by faster
Time consuming
Sales Associate (Former Employee), cape breton NSMay 6, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: time consuming
It was a great job with great co workers but was very time consuming due to working alot of split shifts
Great work enviroment and awesome coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2014
Pros: employees, enviroment, experience
Cons: wage, expectations
Daily routines would include visual setup, stock, and customer service. Learned a lot about selling and how to work with customers. Management and coworkers were the best part of working for Bluenotes. Hardest part was being paid bare minimum and being expected to completed and take on all the tasks that were given.

Again the most enjoyable part was – more... the staff, management always worked with me. Scheduling was always flexible to my needs. – less
It was a productive job that required constant attention.
Sales/cashier (Former Employee), Alberta, CalgaryApril 28, 2014
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The tasks were manageable and easy to get done. The hardest part of the job was having a new manager often.
Excellent company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2014
Bluenotes had a lot of great people working within the company. It's a great place to gain experience with customer service, gain confidence and learn how to work well with others in a team. Throughout my early years I had great opportunities to learn new things and eventually move up within the company.
Fun and ok Workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 21, 2014
Top Management is very kind but very cheap on salary. They never take employee's living cost and life in account to pay their salary.
Great upper management
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 18, 2014
Upper management were very supportive, and positive. I enjoyed working for YM.
Fun workplace with fun employees
Sales Assoicate (Current Employee), Markham, OntarioMarch 16, 2014
Pros: great mangement and staffs, well organzied company
Cons: little or no shifts
Greet and Assist customers
handle cash
morning shifts- cash, petty cash, visual changes, shipment mark-downs and bring stocks out
closing shifts- cash, organize the store, bank despite, bring stocks out closing the registers, sweep the floor and clean windows
contracted work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: always busy, fast passed day, above minimum wage
Cons: no benefits, no job security or advancement, poor job culture
the work enveloped a lot of traveling from store to store on my own expense. poor management and lack of team work.
enjoyable company
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 7, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great staff and team work
Cons: hours become short during non active seasons, limited opportunities for advancement
As a former sales associate of Bluenotes, it is evident that working for such an organized and well developed company has helped me develop new and innovative skills. Working in such a fast paste environment where customer service is crucial made me gain better communication skills as well as providing prompt service and satisfaction. In addition to – more... having an enjoyable time assisting and having brief conversations with customers, my coworkers and managers were also part of the reason why my working experience at Bluenotes was so enjoyable. – less
Hard Work
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours
Long hours, and no family time.
A lot of Traveling out of town and province.
Co workers are "cut Throat" and selfish.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: fun, good music, good management
Cons: my pay wasn't given to me for over a month ...
Very fun work place, management and other employees were easy to get along with and were very helpful.

1 2 3