Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJanuary 5, 2016
No salary benefit since it is only work experience placed from school. Mostly learned how to communicate customers and stock clothing. The fun part of the job is to simply fold and restock the items back to their shelves, on the other hand, I show no interest to fashion so it is really hard to think fashionably for the customers.
Pros
Folding
Cons
Productive , fun and learning enviornment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2016
Working with the company has been full of fun and lot of learning , great growth opportunities within the company. As it provides you an opportunity to work with diverse group of people this helps in your individual leadership skills as well as helps the team to work together.
As it is very fast paced work environment , this helps in enhancing your multitasking skills and organizing and prioritizing your work. Customer service being the top priority helps in building your interpersonal skills.

As retails consists of several parts of Business Management this helps the polishing your skills and also helps in build up the knowledge and experience towards each and every part of Business Management.
Pros
Learning and Growth opporunitites
Cons
Sometimes long hours of Work
Boring and stagnant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day at Bluenotes was very simple, I folded and organized many clothes, cleaned the store, and assisted customers. The management at Bluenotes was terrible, did not take the time to build a relationship, instead just made orders without consideration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with specific co-workers and the full time hours. Considering this was my first job, I learned how to work long hours, retail customer service skills, and stock.
Great place to start in management
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 14, 2015
As an assistant manager I always had a very busy day due to all the aspects of the job needed to be completed on daily and hourly limits. My days would start off with setting goals for the store as well as individual all in compassion with our last year's margins. Every day of the week, there was a specific task that would need to be completed:
- Visual
- Markdowns
- Measurable Performance Indications
- LP ( I myself was a LP delight)
-Payroll
- Commissions
- Orders
- Shipping
- Scheduling
- Meetings

The hardest part about the job was not having enough staff to complete all the duties in calm matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the tasks that you have set for yourself for the day and checking them off one by one as they get completed.
Pros
1 hour lunch for management as well as benefits
Cons
Horrible upper management
Productive and engaging environment with strong leadership and great hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Bluenotes gives me the ability to show my true colours. I am able to use my skills and talent in an industry that represents everything I am and who I want to be. Bluenotes has shown me true value and nurturing through employment, as I have gained many skills in my short time there and have proven to be an effective employee and a delight to work with. I look forward to advancement within Bluenotes and I am excited to see where it takes me.
Pros
Flexible hours, co-workers, Mall, strong leadership
Cons
Available hours, wages.
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2016
I typical day at work would be coming in and go to the back to take out all the new products from the boxes and organize the clothes and put them on the floor. Iv learned how to treat customers right and mostly everything needed to work in retail. Management was amazing, always with a positive attitude towards the co workers.
My co-workers were always great because we helped one another.
Hardest part of the job had to be marking all the clothes and marking how many of their kind there were.
Most enjoyable part of the job had to be helping customers
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Non flexible hours
Do not work here
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 19, 2016
Manager is horrible. Unfair treatment, yells, no positive reinforcement. Complaints to the district manager fall on deaf ears. Favouritism on all schedules. Demoting staff. They assume that work should take priority over everything else. Made to feel horrible for getting sick, guilt tripped into taking extra shifts or working longer than you are supposed to. There was no upside. Pay was not suitable for cost of living in Fort McMurray. Conclusion, management doesn't have a clue. SM is never out of the backroom and gives unreasonable time limits that she cannot meet herself. Team Lead is incompetent and friends with management outside of work. Retaliation is a likely possibility for any complaints which completely negates Bluenotes open door policy.
Pros
Most associates were great but all are under appriciated
Cons
Manager, no positive reinforcement, pay is too low, made to feel bad for taking time off or getting sick, retaliation for complaints, no confidentiality for complaints.
Terrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 22, 2016
The experience was terrible. The expectations from head office were totally unreasonable, all about visual everyday. No work /life balance at all. Dreaded going into work everyday. Pay is way below the expectations of the work. Never enough staff working. Head office is totally unorganized and have no respect for anyone.
The only positive feedback was I loved the people that I worked with.
Would never work there again.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
Terrible pay, too much expected, all about tasking, head office needs to get it together
Conclusion
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ONMarch 9, 2016
I liked working at Bluenotes, My co-workers weren't just co-workers, they were friends who helped me be the best sales associate i could be. Everyday i would go to work and be greeted by my manager and whoever was on staff at the time of the shift change and i would grab my lanyard and start my work day helping customers find what they needed. I would provide with assistance finding clothes, set up change rooms for customers and then i would get behind the cash register and ring up what they would pick to buy with courtesy and happiness and go back to folding and putting away anything that i may have set aside while seeing and helping customer.
Pros
Shifts werent too long or short
Cons
Sometimes had too many shifts for part time and location was distant from my home.
Good music and cute clothing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 29, 2016
Lots of folding and rehanging clothes. Greeting customers and answering questions.

I learned how to use a tagging gun and how to make a store more visually appealing.

Management was young but hard working.

Co-workers were helpful and nice! They expect your best effort.

Hardest part of the job greeting every customer while folding clothes. And folding jeans correctly. Long shifts + busy = no time to drink water.

Most enjoyable part was getting to know my co-workers and jamming to the clean playlist
Typical Day Working at Bluenotes
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Enter store
Setup
Open store (if necessary)
Check change rooms hourly
Return unwanted clothes from change room area
Clean up rounders and racks
Fold, stock, and hang extra clothing
Close store (if necessary)
Clean up and setup for next day
Exit store and go home
Pros
Great co-workers and management team
Cons
Long Hours, always on feet
Good place to learn but unfair environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
It was good place to learn. fast faced environment. Nice and fun loving co- worker. Worst management and unfair treatment.
Pros
Learning environment, fun, promotions
Cons
soo much things to do in small time, disrespectful, very less pay, racism
was bad
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 31, 2016
location I worked had had very poor management. Very disorganized, the manager had the employees do everything while she sat on a chair behind the register on her phone. Literally she would spend her 9-hour shift sitting doing nothing and then when other people came in she gave us an impossible list to finish by the end of the night, mind you there would be 2 evening people.....never again.
Fast pace, fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBJuly 3, 2016
Working at bluenotes was a pleasure, the position I had filled was only for seasonal. The time spent there was enjoyable with great staff and an outstanding employer. I learned to work at a fast pace and multi task to please all customers, the hardest part of the job would have to be pleasing every single customer that came in.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 21, 2016
I loved working at Bluenotes, there was never a dull moment as you always either had a customer to help or tasks to complete. Being the assistant manager was great, I learned a lot and had a great team to work with. I would have loved to move up to store manager but that position was not going to be open to me as the store manager was keeping their position. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team, they were so great and hard working. The hardest part of my job was my shifts always being scheduled late/to close the store.
Pros
Great team, and position
Cons
scheduled hours, and management
Very exciting work place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 8, 2016
My experience at bluenotes was amazing! I enjoyed the staff members which turned into really good friends in the end. It was never a dull moment at bluenotes expect for morning shifts My manager was great he really worked with me to become a better employee in any way that I could, which gave me the experience i have now.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
slow mornings
Horrible.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONApril 21, 2016
Due to lack of respect the location i worked at had towards their associates, i was forced to quit. District managers assuming an associate was "mentally unstable" and that "something mentally must be wrong with them" This company has a lot of drama (as if you were in highschool) to bear with. There is continuous gossip, Regional manager, District managers and store managers talking to anyone lower than them as if they are dirt on the ground.
fun enviornment with energetic people
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2016
a typical work day is coming in greeting customers , folding clothes and NCO the place. the team I was working with was really nice and understandable about anything. the worst part of the job was when there were no customers because there was nothing to really do. the best part was the environment and getting to help the customers with anything they need.
Management was great, safety was risks were very low, and they all respected you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 28, 2016
i really enjoyed working there because the way they spoke to me was as if i was an equal, there was no hierarchy even though all the other employees were more experienced than me, there weren't many health and safety risks.
Unfriendly environment.
Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 1, 2016
Working for Bluenotes had it's ups and downs. I gained experience skills personally, which was great. Unfriendly and judgemental environment. Although, I stayed positive and gave my best every day.
Pros
Gained experience.
Cons
Unfriendly environment.

2.8