Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a good job.
Part-time Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Unorganized management. Pay was really bad. Didn't enjoy working and the co-workers were bad. Scheduling was bad. Would not recommend.
Bluenotes
Work retail as Co-op student (Former Employee), 419 king street W. OshawaJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work for me was that I would do stock, greet customers, work at fittings and also put backs. Working as a Co-op worker at Bluenotes, I have learned how to work better as a team member in the store and how to be more on top of things. All my co-workers a my placement were very nice and easy to get along with and I had no problems with any of them. The hardest part of working was doing stock at first, but now I have no problems, I get through it fast and I became better by keeping everything neat. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other co-workers to work as a team member and also I enjoyed communicating and having good conversations with the customers.
Had it's good and bad days
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: you get to work with some great people
Cons: bad pay, terrible upper management
Pay is terrible for management, usually very stressful, getting stock for a store about 10 times the size of one you actually work in. Rarely get any positive feedback or encouragement from any of the higher management, even when you achieve sales goals. Some days are good and some are bad, this has largely to do with who you work with,
Great work environment!
Sales associate (Former Employee), frederictonJanuary 16, 2015
Great work environment and amazing people! One of the best jobs i've ever had! Hopefully I can work in a place like that again!
Great Job to Gain Interpersonal Skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
My typical day at work consists of either working on the floor, or as a cashier. I love this job because it is always switched up, keeping the job interesting. My job while working on the floor includes greeting customers, informing them of our current promotion(s), following up, and assuring they leave satisfied. On the other hand, working on cash consists of cashing out sales, or processing exchanges/refunds accordingly. This requires attention to detail and focus, in order for a smooth transaction.

Management is great. I can definitely say that each and every one of them strive to be as helpful as possible, and treat all employees with compassion.

My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with. They are all different in their own way, making it interesting to work by their sides. They are also very helpful and very friendly.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, and aiming to have them leave happy without breaching store policies (ex: not being able to issue refunds on final sale items)

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be myself. I can put my own personality into what I do (while being professional of course), and applying my own skills into the job. For example, speaking to Spanish customers in Spanish when there is a language barrier. In addition, I really enjoy the fact that I am working and interacting with people the whole time.
Productivity & Customer Service
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: customer service, culture, hours
Cons: job security, management
As a Sales Associate my first task of the day after clocking in would be to count my til to ensure the cash in the register matches my systems records. This helps when you have multiple people using or taking over the tilt to determine who may be responsible for any discrepancies at the end of the night.
After which I would begin to tidy up the store since I was usually on a afternoon shift.
This would mean organizing and moving things around in order to make the store more presentable.
Then Id begin to hang and out put out our stock material. Both mens and womens.
At times I would be managing our stock , serving customers and/or managing the fitting room area.
Retail service requires a lot of fast paced multi-tasking sometimes,all while providing a superior service that continues to keep the customer delighted.
Keeping our customers happy and helping them find their fashion needs, while sharing a few jokes or moments was and always will be my favorite part of my position.
I would always get compliments on my customer service, smiles and laughs and approachable demeanor.
My co-workers were great team members, and we always worked well together. Supported and encouraged each other
a fun workplace and positive environment
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee), halifax NSJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: flexibility
i always show up early for this job because i loved it so much. unfortunately it was only seasonal. my manager and coworkers were always good to me and we kept a positive environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of their team, it was such an amazing experience.
i enjoyed working with my employees
Store Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 9, 2014
The amount of work that was being asked of myself and my team, the pay should have been a lot better. I would never again go back to that company.
Retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
Pros: access to trending fashion
Cons: short shifts
I usually folded clothes, helped customers and brought out stock. I learned how to display the clothing in a visually appealing manner to attract business and how to help customers find a wardrobe that suits them. Management was originally the reason I was quitting, a lot of them were young and temporary so my experience was tainted, as well, my co-workers were quite controversial, it felt as if the workplace was divided, which made for a visibly hostile environment. The hardest part of the job was returning clothing to the floor after it had been taken to the fitting rooms, and the most enjoyable part was making beautiful and impressionable designs with the clothing on both mannequins and the walls
very fun!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: job advancement
Cons: long hours
taught me how to manage a team effectively.

management were always there to help

relocation was there
Bluenotes is a fun, fast paced environment!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great place to learn the ropes of retail management as it's a very fast-paced environment so you need to be able to work fast. It's great place to start out!
Not the Best
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2014
Had a good time while i worked there, but the management was constantly changing the schedule on us, store was always messy
Cultural workplace, with exceptional associates and management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
Working at Bluenotes started as an enjoyable experience. I learned quite a bit, seeing as it was my first job in retail. I was able to grow within the company, and I made some really great friendships.

Unfortunately, the store location I worked for is highly unorganized and has little appreciation for its employees. Or so, that's how I felt occasionally.

All in all, Bluenotes is not a bad place to work. Just don't expect a whole lot from working there.
good place to work part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKAugust 13, 2014
bluenotes is a good place to work as a part time employee. management is not bad. but some other benefits are not available here like health insurance or dental plan.
Retail Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), 25 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton, ON L6T 3R5August 6, 2014
Pros: workplace friendliness
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be to organize the merchandise on the floor, promote sales, and greeting customers. I learner how to multi-task and communicate ten times better at this job. My co-workers were all open and nice. We were like one big family. The hardest part of the job? There wasn't really anything hard to me. Everything was enjoyable; talking to customers, re-organizing, stock.
Very nice environment to work at
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: more time to do anything else in your life
Cons: short hours
I got along with all my co-workers. Learn a lot about my time management problem. Enjoy most days.
Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Stratford, ONJuly 7, 2014
Working here was great. It was fast pace, and the staff was great to work with. I enjoyed engaging with the customers.
High stress
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, CNEMay 13, 2014
I loved the high stress as this took place at the CNE. The amount of people I saw in a day was amazing. It made the day go by faster
Time consuming
Sales Associate (Former Employee), cape breton NSMay 6, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: time consuming
It was a great job with great co workers but was very time consuming due to working alot of split shifts
Great work enviroment and awesome coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 5, 2014
Pros: employees, enviroment, experience
Cons: wage, expectations
Daily routines would include visual setup, stock, and customer service. Learned a lot about selling and how to work with customers. Management and coworkers were the best part of working for Bluenotes. Hardest part was being paid bare minimum and being expected to completed and take on all the tasks that were given.

Again the most enjoyable part was the staff, management always worked with me. Scheduling was always flexible to my needs.

1 2 3 4