Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not what I expected
Team Lead/Acting Assistant Manager/ Acting Manager (Former Employee), New Minas, NSAugust 31, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks, discount on merchandise
Cons: wage, expectations, company focus
I started out as a team lead, was promoted to acting assistant manager, and then as acting manager during my time with this company.

This company taught me how to multi-task and manage a team, but the expectations for the amount of work including big visual changes 2-3 days a week, markdowns once a week, and anywhere from 20-50 boxes of stock per day, was daunting. I wanted to help each and every one of the customers who came in, but found myself lost in whatever tasking had to be completed that day.

I did gain valuable lessons from this company, and found upper management to be very helpful.

Loved my co-workers and miss them dearly.

Overall I found this job very stressful and not very rewarding in the end.
Customer Focused
Sales Associate (Current Employee), HamiltonAugust 22, 2015
Management is great, always encourage employees. Staff is kind and helpful. Promoting is a huge part, cleaning and making sure the customers needs are met.
this was just a part time job, expectations were very minimum
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
learned how to deal and assist customers, co workers were great,became knowledgeable with product, gained customer service experience.
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate/ Full Time Team Lead (Former Employee), Truro N.SJuly 28, 2015
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: slow days
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the store and greeting customers, I have learned how to balance daily paper work. i learned how to manage my employees and place them to best fit their ability's. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and alongside my employees.
great workplace, amazing employess and manager
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), bonnie doonJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: mininum wage
I loved working there everyone was so kind and considerate of their employees just wish it paid more and wasn't only part time.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Music is always good
Cons: Manager is rude
Bluenotes is a fun place, the manager was just really rude and accusing towards me. I love my coworkers and management. a typical day at work I just go in and do what I gotta do.
Great place to start in management
Assisstant Manager (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch for management as well as benefits
Cons: Horrible upper management
As an assistant manager I always had a very busy day due to all the aspects of the job needed to be completed on daily and hourly limits. My days would start off with setting goals for the store as well as individual all in compassion with our last year's margins. Every day of the week, there was a specific task that would need to be completed:
- Visual
- Markdowns
- Measurable Performance Indications
- LP ( I myself was a LP delight)
-Payroll
- Commissions
- Orders
- Shipping
- Scheduling
- Meetings

The hardest part about the job was not having enough staff to complete all the duties in calm matter.

The most enjoyable part of the job was completing all the tasks that you have set for yourself for the day and checking them off one by one as they get completed.
Productive & Organized Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dufferin Mall, Toronto ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: daily treats/gifts
Working at Bluenotes was a great experience because we as employees were on point with our work. Our manager was a great manager because she made sure we were on task and doing what we were supposed to do, as well as our assistant manager who did the same. The other employees were very friendly and easy to talk to and we quickly became friends. The overall experience was to the point and the tasks and duties for the day were very clear and pointed out to us if we needed it to be. I've learned that working in retail is a very fast paced environment and it is very quick. The hardest part of the job would have to be standing for hours, I could stand for long periods of time but I guess it seemed harder than other times. The best part about how it was to work there was great. good management.
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham ONJune 30, 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2015
Management was really laid back, coworkers were very friendly, work environment was fast paced at times, but the work wasn't hard if you enjoyed talking to people.
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Great place to work at
Great staff
Easy work
Meet a lot of new people
Hardest part was walk throughs
A lot of hours
Good money
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
Pros: Socialization
Cons: Management
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Fun workplace with trustworthy employers
Part time position as a sales associate (Current Employee), ottawa ONApril 17, 2015
Slow paced, filled with fun customers.

most fun part of the job is the people I work with.
I love being around people and making them feel good about their body
Great team
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee), Stratford, ONApril 5, 2015
Friendly work environment, great staff, feel like you're part of a team and not just going to work. I thoroughly enjoy working here.
fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Smart head office
Cons: Lack of incentives / pay
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
Productive and a fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: long holiday hours
It was a great experience. I would have stayed but retail isn't really my dream job. I learned a lot about the industry and working in general. I was a sales associate and within 6 months
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great store manager
Cons: everything else
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee), ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: very hard working people
Cons: hard workers are not appreciated, poor pay and benefit structure.
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Well Cultured
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough work hours
I enjoy my position as a sales associate. I'm well trained in cash, I assist with visual, I help float and maintain the store, all while ensuring that I'm giving great customer service. I don't find my job difficult of something that makes me miserable. My managers are great. They ensure that you're doing your best and are always willing to give me assistance, all while creating an enjoyable work environment. My coworkers are just as well trained as I am, and we are always willing to help each other out.