Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace with trustworthy employers
Part time position as a sales associate (Current Employee), ottawa ONApril 17, 2015
Slow paced, filled with fun customers.

most fun part of the job is the people I work with.
I love being around people and making them feel good about their body
Great team
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee), Stratford, ONApril 5, 2015
Friendly work environment, great staff, feel like you're part of a team and not just going to work. I thoroughly enjoy working here.
fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Smart head office
Cons: Lack of incentives / pay
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
Productive and a fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: long holiday hours
It was a great experience. I would have stayed but retail isn't really my dream job. I learned a lot about the industry and working in general. I was a sales associate and within 6 months
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great store manager
Cons: everything else
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee), ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: very hard working people
Cons: hard workers are not appreciated, poor pay and benefit structure.
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Well Cultured
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough work hours
I enjoy my position as a sales associate. I'm well trained in cash, I assist with visual, I help float and maintain the store, all while ensuring that I'm giving great customer service. I don't find my job difficult of something that makes me miserable. My managers are great. They ensure that you're doing your best and are always willing to give me assistance, all while creating an enjoyable work environment. My coworkers are just as well trained as I am, and we are always willing to help each other out.
A great place to work with a team while also getting to merchandise and meet sales goals with incentives!
Team Lead/Shift Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, monthly incentives
Cons: low hourly pay, working weekends
Working as a Team Lead/Shift Manger at Bluenotes has allowed me to gain managerial experience with a sales team and to understand meeting daily sales goals. It can be demanding with customer service at times, but working with people you enjoy is always a plus. Visual merchandising is my favourite aspect of the job, as well as keeping up with fashion trends. Overall, my four years at the company have been a very positive experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: there really isn't any cons.
I always remember going in to work and there being something new to work on. I liked that though because it kept me busy. The management was great. Strict. But great. I never had a problem with anyone there or anything there. I found that I got along with generally everyone there. It was perfect for when I was in school last year.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: stressful
A typical day at Bluenotes would be to give great customer service and help our customers find what they are looking for. This job includes problem solving with customer issues such as returns and exchanges, cashier, making sure that everything is clean and organized. Management is great at Bluenotes, not only are they understanding but they care about your needs. They work around your schedule to ensure that we are able to have a balance family/work time which increases productivity and also our happiness with the company. My co-workers are amazing as well. We all get a long very well, we understand each other and help each other when we are need. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with complaints. Although this is part of everyday life, it is important to stay calm and make sure the customer is happy in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give the customer a great shopping experience which makes it inviting for them to want to come back.
Sometimes productive, friendly staff
Clothing Representative (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: not enough pay, not enough hours.
I liked working here only because of the staff. We were all one big crazy family. It was like my second home. I didn't get enough hours though and the pay wasn't very good.
Overall it was the people there that made it fun. I miss you guys!
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Working at blue notes was a wonderful experience. I gained a lot of work experience and strategies to use in the future, and most of all I loved working with my co workers, they were just like family
Great Place to work! Lots of room for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee), New Minas, NSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great people
I have been with Bluenotes for almost 11 years. I started as an Assistant Manager and have worked my way up to a Store Manager and for one year was able to experience being a District Manager while I covered a Maternity Leave.

Bluenotes has given me the skills I needed to become a strong leader to succeed within the business!
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: day goes by fast
Cons: too many visuals, customers are not top priority at this company they only focus on tasking, messy, to much stock and not enough staff to help
Unorganized, to many visual changes to do and not enough time in a day to do them . No recognition for a job well done . Very under staffed . Too much stock with very little help , don't get paid over time
Not a good job.
Part-time Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Unorganized management. Pay was really bad. Didn't enjoy working and the co-workers were bad. Scheduling was bad. Would not recommend.
Bluenotes
Work retail as Co-op student (Former Employee), 419 king street W. OshawaJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work for me was that I would do stock, greet customers, work at fittings and also put backs. Working as a Co-op worker at Bluenotes, I have learned how to work better as a team member in the store and how to be more on top of things. All my co-workers a my placement were very nice and easy to get along with and I had no problems with any of them. The hardest part of working was doing stock at first, but now I have no problems, I get through it fast and I became better by keeping everything neat. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with other co-workers to work as a team member and also I enjoyed communicating and having good conversations with the customers.
Had it's good and bad days
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: you get to work with some great people
Cons: bad pay, terrible upper management
Pay is terrible for management, usually very stressful, getting stock for a store about 10 times the size of one you actually work in. Rarely get any positive feedback or encouragement from any of the higher management, even when you achieve sales goals. Some days are good and some are bad, this has largely to do with who you work with,
Great work environment!
Sales associate (Former Employee), frederictonJanuary 16, 2015
Great work environment and amazing people! One of the best jobs i've ever had! Hopefully I can work in a place like that again!
Great Job to Gain Interpersonal Skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2015
My typical day at work consists of either working on the floor, or as a cashier. I love this job because it is always switched up, keeping the job interesting. My job while working on the floor includes greeting customers, informing them of our current promotion(s), following up, and assuring they leave satisfied. On the other hand, working on cash consists of cashing out sales, or processing exchanges/refunds accordingly. This requires attention to detail and focus, in order for a smooth transaction.

Management is great. I can definitely say that each and every one of them strive to be as helpful as possible, and treat all employees with compassion.

My co-workers are a lot of fun to work with. They are all different in their own way, making it interesting to work by their sides. They are also very helpful and very friendly.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, and aiming to have them leave happy without breaching store policies (ex: not being able to issue refunds on final sale items)

The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be myself. I can put my own personality into what I do (while being professional of course), and applying my own skills into the job. For example, speaking to Spanish customers in Spanish when there is a language barrier. In addition, I really enjoy the fact that I am working and interacting with people the whole time.
Productivity & Customer Service
SALES ASSOCIATE (PART-TIME) (Current Employee), Brampton,ONJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: customer service, culture, hours
Cons: job security, management
As a Sales Associate my first task of the day after clocking in would be to count my til to ensure the cash in the register matches my systems records. This helps when you have multiple people using or taking over the tilt to determine who may be responsible for any discrepancies at the end of the night.
After which I would begin to tidy up the store since I was usually on a afternoon shift.
This would mean organizing and moving things around in order to make the store more presentable.
Then Id begin to hang and out put out our stock material. Both mens and womens.
At times I would be managing our stock , serving customers and/or managing the fitting room area.
Retail service requires a lot of fast paced multi-tasking sometimes,all while providing a superior service that continues to keep the customer delighted.
Keeping our customers happy and helping them find their fashion needs, while sharing a few jokes or moments was and always will be my favorite part of my position.
I would always get compliments on my customer service, smiles and laughs and approachable demeanor.
My co-workers were great team members, and we always worked well together. Supported and encouraged each other

1 2 3 4