Bluenotes

Bluenotes Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun working Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham ONJune 30, 2015
When my shift starts, I check our task sheet. I look for what our goals are for sales, which section I will be working in and as well as what I must do throughout my shift. I focus on customer service, ensuring that each customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. If I am not assisting a customer then I am inspecting the store to ensure that all items are in their right place and none are left on the floor. Ever so often I am in the back of the store handling stock. While I am in the back handling stock I also organize the back room so that everything is accessible for my fellow coworkers. Once I am finished with the back I go back on to the sales floor and organize the store making it suitable for customers to shop in.
Enjoyable work environment, with plenty of friendly staff and accomodating managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2015
Bluenotes' is a company that sells inexpensive, but good quality clothing, and provides its employees with an agreeable discount. It also provides a friendly environment and I had several accommodating and welcoming managers during my occupation at the store. However, the music playlist for the store becomes extremely repetitive and much of the work becomes very monotonous, without offering a great deal of satisfaction.
Great work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 11, 2015
Management was really laid back, coworkers were very friendly, work environment was fast paced at times, but the work wasn't hard if you enjoyed talking to people.
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great Staff
Great place to work at
Great staff
Easy work
Meet a lot of new people
Hardest part was walk throughs
A lot of hours
Good money
Mediocre
Team Leader (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 26, 2015
Pros: Socialization
Cons: Management
A typical day consisted of folding clothes, assisting customers and ringing them through at a till. Over all, it was a very simplistic and easy job with not a lot of challenges. I was put into a shift lead position meaning I had some authority over the other co-workers. I learned more communication skills and to treat every situation with the mind set of the customer always being right. My management team was not very accommodating on most occasions, which is why I can't work for them anymore. My co-workers are phenomenal and we have grown to be friends even outside of work. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm in all situations. As hard as that was, I did it efficiently. The most enjoyable part of my job was socializing with everyone who walked in the door. I am a very friendly person, so it made having a conversation with someone extremely easy.
Fun workplace with trustworthy employers
Part time position as a sales associate (Current Employee), ottawa ONApril 17, 2015
Slow paced, filled with fun customers.

most fun part of the job is the people I work with.
I love being around people and making them feel good about their body
Great team
Sales Associate - Part Time (Current Employee), Stratford, ONApril 5, 2015
Friendly work environment, great staff, feel like you're part of a team and not just going to work. I thoroughly enjoy working here.
fun friendly work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Smart head office
Cons: Lack of incentives / pay
a typical day at work involves a lot of visual, stock etc.. you must be very time management focussed to ensure things get done. The only thing I do not enjoy is how demanding the work load is for the little pay. Bluenotes has massive visual changes every week (no extra payroll or overnight). I do enjoy all persons from head office. They always teach me something new when I have a visit in my store.
Productive and a fun work place
Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: long holiday hours
It was a great experience. I would have stayed but retail isn't really my dream job. I learned a lot about the industry and working in general. I was a sales associate and within 6 months
The staff instore were awesome but DM was not professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), ontarioMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great store manager
Cons: everything else
Ii was assistant manager and quit after 6 months...the manager and I were promised things during the interview process and when we signed up we were told things were different( time off, bonus, and training) We were basically handed keys and told good luck. When I gave notice the DM badmouthed me to my manager and did not want to promote from within our store. My manager also gave her notice..our store doesn't stand a chance, we were not given the proper tools to succeed. Low pay, huge visual changes with no extra hours to schedule proper staff to help, the whole experience was beyond frustrating!
Great place to start for experience
Manager (Former Employee), ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: very hard working people
Cons: hard workers are not appreciated, poor pay and benefit structure.
Great place to start for experience.
Not a great place to grow and advance.
Various aspects of the company are disorganized and out dated.
Benefits and pay are not on par to the amount of work you are expected to complete.
Well Cultured
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough work hours
I enjoy my position as a sales associate. I'm well trained in cash, I assist with visual, I help float and maintain the store, all while ensuring that I'm giving great customer service. I don't find my job difficult of something that makes me miserable. My managers are great. They ensure that you're doing your best and are always willing to give me assistance, all while creating an enjoyable work environment. My coworkers are just as well trained as I am, and we are always willing to help each other out.
A great place to work with a team while also getting to merchandise and meet sales goals with incentives!
Team Lead/Shift Manager (Current Employee), Guelph, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, monthly incentives
Cons: low hourly pay, working weekends
Working as a Team Lead/Shift Manger at Bluenotes has allowed me to gain managerial experience with a sales team and to understand meeting daily sales goals. It can be demanding with customer service at times, but working with people you enjoy is always a plus. Visual merchandising is my favourite aspect of the job, as well as keeping up with fashion trends. Overall, my four years at the company have been a very positive experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: there really isn't any cons.
I always remember going in to work and there being something new to work on. I liked that though because it kept me busy. The management was great. Strict. But great. I never had a problem with anyone there or anything there. I found that I got along with generally everyone there. It was perfect for when I was in school last year.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: stressful
A typical day at Bluenotes would be to give great customer service and help our customers find what they are looking for. This job includes problem solving with customer issues such as returns and exchanges, cashier, making sure that everything is clean and organized. Management is great at Bluenotes, not only are they understanding but they care about your needs. They work around your schedule to ensure that we are able to have a balance family/work time which increases productivity and also our happiness with the company. My co-workers are amazing as well. We all get a long very well, we understand each other and help each other when we are need. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with complaints. Although this is part of everyday life, it is important to stay calm and make sure the customer is happy in the end. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give the customer a great shopping experience which makes it inviting for them to want to come back.
Sometimes productive, friendly staff
Clothing Representative (Former Employee), edmonton, albertaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: not enough pay, not enough hours.
I liked working here only because of the staff. We were all one big crazy family. It was like my second home. I didn't get enough hours though and the pay wasn't very good.
Overall it was the people there that made it fun. I miss you guys!
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Working at blue notes was a wonderful experience. I gained a lot of work experience and strategies to use in the future, and most of all I loved working with my co workers, they were just like family
Great Place to work! Lots of room for advancement.
Store Manager (Current Employee), New Minas, NSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great people
I have been with Bluenotes for almost 11 years. I started as an Assistant Manager and have worked my way up to a Store Manager and for one year was able to experience being a District Manager while I covered a Maternity Leave.

Bluenotes has given me the skills I needed to become a strong leader to succeed within the business!
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: day goes by fast
Cons: too many visuals, customers are not top priority at this company they only focus on tasking, messy, to much stock and not enough staff to help
Unorganized, to many visual changes to do and not enough time in a day to do them . No recognition for a job well done . Very under staffed . Too much stock with very little help , don't get paid over time
Not a good job.
Part-time Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Unorganized management. Pay was really bad. Didn't enjoy working and the co-workers were bad. Scheduling was bad. Would not recommend.

1 2 3 4 5