Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Mill
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2017
They will work every last ounce of energy out of you and then throw you away for a new batch of recruits like nothing. loyalty is not rewarded and there is almost no culture.
Management only cared about the numbers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON19 June 2017
Typically the level of stress of unhappiness of the employees always fell on deaf ears. No matter how hard you worked, they expected more, with no raises, or compensation.
Overall a good work environment with a steady pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 June 2017
I've been working there for 8 months now and I throughly enjoy my job. The management there is great and they really try to work around my schedule. While working at Bluenotes I've really come to enjoy working for retail since I used to work in a kitchen environment so the change was enjoyed.
Pros
Good benefits, great staff
Cons
Only weekend shifts
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2017
It was always a good vibe at work. Everyone worked together to get stuff done. Not too much heavy lifting. Hours were not the greatest, but that is the same with a lot of retail stores
management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 May 2017
Management teams are all helpful and friendly to assit your growth, the company very focuses on customer service and training their employees closely regarding this aspect which I think is a very good culture. But the hours budget is so limited so that management always gets low or no covered on the floor about couple of hours.
Great workplace with great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2017
A typical day working at Bluenotes would require providing customer service to everyone, specifically accustomed to their needs and wants. I learned how to easily approach customers and developed my communication skills and customer service skills as well. I was able to meet or exceed my sales goals for the day for the most part. I enjoy working with my team because we all get along and work together to accomplish our daily sales. The hardest part of the job would be trying to engage in conversation with customers who do not seem interested, but I improved along the way.
A fun job, but overall not a good work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2017
Management is unprofessional, not enough hours for the amount of workers, get assigned the same task almost every shift, not treated as equals, does not always feel like a safe environment.
Pros
Not a difficult job
Cons
Little hours, bad management, theft
Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
my experience with bluenotes was that, very unorganized management, I had my manager ast. and another manager quit within two weeks, The head management seemed unfriendly, for a company thats been in business for so many years they dont treat the employees very nice

very dissapointing
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2017
Not the greatest place to work. Simple job; clean, help customers, organize stock, etc. My team was good, everyone was nice and helpful, but the company itself does not seem to care about their employees.
fun short hours of work at
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2017
a typical day at work is when you clean the clothes that are on the floor, bring out stocks and fold them as presentable as much as possible since people will definitely will look at them and that's how you sell your item, greet and help each individual that comes in through the store and engage some small talk here and there so that the customer will feel at least at home in our store and they will appreciate our customer service. I learned in this job how to be efficient in my time as there's a lot of thing to consider in the short amount that you are working. When I was working here, the management was incredible and couldn't ask for a better management as we helped one another and bring our store up from the lowest it became. The culture in this job is very diverse in some ways. The hardest part of the job is when the mall is quiet as it is located in a small mall in a small city so you fight for boredom and this help you think and find things to do around the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you actually share your fashion ideas and perspectives to different people and the customer will actually copy your simple minded outfit that you quickly put out.
Pros
discounted items
Cons
short hours, low salary and benefits
It's a welcoming Place Of Work
I present sales and discount options (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 March 2017
Bluenotes is a very fun and friendly working environment. The employees work very hard to help costumers reach their needs and sales goals. We also help our customers save money but also buy more product. A typical day at work is very few customers come in, I usually have 3 to 4 hour shifts twice a week. The hardest part of the job is dealing with extremely rude customers, but my co-workers and I work together and don't let our personal feelings get in the way of our job. Management staff are very understanding and flexible with situations at work and with their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the social aspect. I love people! Talking to them and helping them make their day and shopping experience better and easier is what I strive to do!
Pros
The positive people.
Cons
short hours. not enough.
Fun and upbeat place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2017
A typical day would be you clock in and grab a key to the fitting room, open the doors and get to stoking and organizing the floor with the plan set for that week.. the entire day involves trying to keep it clean and presentable while running back to the fitting room to open for a few customers and refolding the merchandise that wasn't wanted and then cycle continues until the lights go off
Fun, Upbeat working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2017
I enjoyed working at Bluenotes Halifax Shopping Centre. It was a fun, upbeat working environment. The co-workers were awesome!! Although you were at "work" it didn't really feel like you were working.
Fun and helpful.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2017
It helped me get used to customer service and putting myself out there to customers. The employees and management were very helpful during my training. They were kind and said they'd take me back for seasonal work if needed.
Bluenotes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 February 2017
Bluenotes is a wonderful company to work for, supports employees and their daily lives! Love it there.
the job entitled greeting customers, cleaning the work place, opperating cash and doing returns.
Great Place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
People are great, for low end retail the management is very engaged and cares for their employees and the store. Very accommodating for school schedules.
Productive and fun workspace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Learned how to organized and stock clothes, fun people to work with, management treated me well, there were many shifts available and it's a good place to grow
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
Good management, outgoing and friendly, positive work environment. Learned how to stock and replenish inventory, Good sales experiences, as well as cashier knowledge and customer interpersonal skills.
bluenotes
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 February 2017
I liked working at blue notes the people I worked will were great and I only left because I moved back to Barrie and I like working with customers and helping customers when they need help
Love the coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2017
I would clock in and start working hard. Greeting every customers and if i missed a customer i would get talked to by the manager. Loved the people that worked with me but did not like the management and the company in general.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8