Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Part Time Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2017
Loved working here, fun and friendly staff. Having a smaller store was easier to maintain than having a larger store. Our store loved to maintain a fun environment for staff and customers.
great first retail experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 October 2017
Learned many things while having a great time with my colleagues. Flexibility in taking days off and very easy going management. but can be a bit frustrating because of the professionalism.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2017
great work environment learned how to better organize and fold. my co-workers were very friendly and helpful when help was needed. The hours were amazing.
productive &fun workplce
SEASONAL, PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS27 September 2017
customer service, cash registry-handling debit/credit/cash, loss prevention, store maintenance, assisting customers in fitting rooms. most enjoyable part of the job: putting a smile on peoples facings and feeling confident they left happy.
loved it
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 September 2017
the manager was amazzing the jobwas fun i would necer complain about this place in a million years deff one of the best positions ive ever worked im very sad to be gone
Store Manger
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 September 2017
I was reasonable for seeing that all merchandising was complete. I would make schedules, as well as meeting sales goals. I would also be responsible for hiring and training new staff members
Wonderful customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON18 September 2017
Bluenotes has a variety of employees and each and every one of them are great at keeping up with customers and greeting as well as doing everything else they do on a daily basis.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not a lot of hours
It was a very clean and well organized work space
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 September 2017
I loved working fits (fitting rooms) I enjoy getting to know my customer and make a conversation and help to the best of my ability. My co workers made my training days very welcoming!
Pros
Breaks!
Cons
I don't mind working long hours I enjoyed the work area and co workers
Overall fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2017
Bluenotes is a fun place to work if you are a student. The company is great and they offer decent discounts. the only con of working there was that the managers never followed what you gave them for availability and would call in you when you were busy and then get upset because you would say no.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 September 2017
I usually work in the fitting rooms where I get to work with customers and help them find what they need. I need to make sure no one steals any merchandise. I worked with very helpful and happy co-workers and found it very easy to get through long shifts.
Pros
Good training, great staff.
Cons
Some rude customers
Nice place to work
Retail associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 August 2017
A typical day at work would be assisting customers on what they would like to purchase as well as meeting our daily goal. I had learned that retail is not easy but it is rewarding. Management is very kind and lenient. The hardest part of the job was always thinking about the daily goal we had to maintain. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and seeing them happy.
Pros
Easy going staff
Retail
Shift Supervisor and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 August 2017
Fun atmosphere to work in.
Sales associates responsible for assisting customers in fitting rooms, re-stocking sales floor, keeping sales floor appearance clean and organized
Pros
fun, great first job
Cons
varying hours, can be very busy at times
Employee are comfortable to work with.
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
-Hours is less, i only get 4 - 8 hours per week. #Disappointing.
-Improving my English; even though i am working less hours in this company, I'm somehow learning to communicate better.
-Employees are friendly.
good
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 July 2017
the people are great to work with just there isn't enough hours for what i am looking for i need something that give enough hours for myself and family
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
not enough hours
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2017
You dont always get your breaks, the stockroom is horribly messy and hard to access, management doesn't act professional at all. Only positive was the team. Always fun and talkative helped make the shifts go by faster.
Cons
no breaks, unprofessional
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
Learned lots at mall location. Customer service is priority. Work there many years ago so maybe different now. Customers difficult at time but goos manager support with rude customer.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Rude customer
Work environment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2017
The workplace environment can get a little toxic sometimes considering that I really value the things I learn at church. The store that I work with is usually pretty dead but it can get busy at times.
Pros
It's pretty chill
Cons
No stable management team
working environment was fun and friendly
customer service team (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 July 2017
A typical day included coming in after school at 4:00. My job included hanging and folding new stock items, making sure the displays were nice and tidy. Helped customers with any questions they might have had. I learned many new communication and organisational skills through out my time at Bluenotes.
great environment for employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2017
blue notes was an easy going fun place to work at, i learned a lot of ways to keep the store clean and talk to customers. unfortunately i felt as if the management wasn't very good. a lot of the employers would ignore customers coming in. it was hard being told to greet EVERYONE with no help on days like Christmas eve or boxing day. we got surveyed and the results where low. when being told about what the issues where i noticed that still no one had changed there working habits, and all where still talking behind the cashier desk.overall the people where great the job was fun, but the lack of costumer efforts was a challenge for me and the costumers.
Pros
great eviroment
Cons
greeting with no help on busy days
fun workplace
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 July 2017
it was a great environment to work in, although it did get a bit competitive with co-workers in regards to getting the most sales. The schedules were flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8