Bluenotes Employee Reviews

Employee are comfortable to work with.
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2017
-Hours is less, i only get 4 - 8 hours per week. #Disappointing.
-Improving my English; even though i am working less hours in this company, I'm somehow learning to communicate better.
-Employees are friendly.
good
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 July 2017
the people are great to work with just there isn't enough hours for what i am looking for i need something that give enough hours for myself and family
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
not enough hours
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2017
You dont always get your breaks, the stockroom is horribly messy and hard to access, management doesn't act professional at all. Only positive was the team. Always fun and talkative helped make the shifts go by faster.
Cons
no breaks, unprofessional
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
Learned lots at mall location. Customer service is priority. Work there many years ago so maybe different now. Customers difficult at time but goos manager support with rude customer.
Pros
Good manager
Cons
Rude customer
Work environment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2017
The workplace environment can get a little toxic sometimes considering that I really value the things I learn at church. The store that I work with is usually pretty dead but it can get busy at times.
Pros
It's pretty chill
Cons
No stable management team
working environment was fun and friendly
customer service team (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 July 2017
A typical day included coming in after school at 4:00. My job included hanging and folding new stock items, making sure the displays were nice and tidy. Helped customers with any questions they might have had. I learned many new communication and organisational skills through out my time at Bluenotes.
great environment for employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2017
blue notes was an easy going fun place to work at, i learned a lot of ways to keep the store clean and talk to customers. unfortunately i felt as if the management wasn't very good. a lot of the employers would ignore customers coming in. it was hard being told to greet EVERYONE with no help on days like Christmas eve or boxing day. we got surveyed and the results where low. when being told about what the issues where i noticed that still no one had changed there working habits, and all where still talking behind the cashier desk.overall the people where great the job was fun, but the lack of costumer efforts was a challenge for me and the costumers.
Pros
great eviroment
Cons
greeting with no help on busy days
fun workplace
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 July 2017
it was a great environment to work in, although it did get a bit competitive with co-workers in regards to getting the most sales. The schedules were flexible.
Productive and Amazing working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2017
Bluenotes is a great place to work if you like to be challenged in visual, job responsibilities, and customer service. The pay is not super high but the team atmosphere is worth it.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Lower pay
Easy Going workplace with fun-hearted coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 July 2017
Not a commission based job, but you had to up sell the sales in the store and you would get a report card on how well you would do. Each day you have a sale quota, which you would try and meet. A customer would tell the cashier if anyone helped them out, and if so they would specify who. This was a small con about the job as customers would just say no, or the cashier working the register just immediately punched in that it was a generic sale.
It was a fun place to work as I worked with people my own age, so we were able to make it a fun place to work. We got along and managed to get all tasks done throughout the day without hassle.
The music was a long playlist rather than the same songs on the radio you would hear constantly.
A Great Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON29 June 2017
Overall if you're starting out in retail, working at Bluenotes is a position that's great for starters. At the Richmond Hill location where I worked, the manager is exceptional at her job and very friendly. Very team oriented and welcoming.
Mill
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2017
They will work every last ounce of energy out of you and then throw you away for a new batch of recruits like nothing. loyalty is not rewarded and there is almost no culture.
Management only cared about the numbers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON19 June 2017
Typically the level of stress of unhappiness of the employees always fell on deaf ears. No matter how hard you worked, they expected more, with no raises, or compensation.
Overall a good work environment with a steady pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 June 2017
I've been working there for 8 months now and I throughly enjoy my job. The management there is great and they really try to work around my schedule. While working at Bluenotes I've really come to enjoy working for retail since I used to work in a kitchen environment so the change was enjoyed.
Pros
Good benefits, great staff
Cons
Only weekend shifts
Poor upper management but great Store managers fro teh most part
Sales Assc (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON24 May 2017
Shipping and receiving merchandise, hiring, training and dismissal of staff, installed Point of Sale systems, Daily Deposits to bank, scheduling weekly staff schedule, maintaining highest sales standards
Great Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2017
It was always a good vibe at work. Everyone worked together to get stuff done. Not too much heavy lifting. Hours were not the greatest, but that is the same with a lot of retail stores
management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 May 2017
Management teams are all helpful and friendly to assit your growth, the company very focuses on customer service and training their employees closely regarding this aspect which I think is a very good culture. But the hours budget is so limited so that management always gets low or no covered on the floor about couple of hours.
Great workplace with great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON3 May 2017
A typical day working at Bluenotes would require providing customer service to everyone, specifically accustomed to their needs and wants. I learned how to easily approach customers and developed my communication skills and customer service skills as well. I was able to meet or exceed my sales goals for the day for the most part. I enjoy working with my team because we all get along and work together to accomplish our daily sales. The hardest part of the job would be trying to engage in conversation with customers who do not seem interested, but I improved along the way.
A fun job, but overall not a good work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK26 April 2017
Management is unprofessional, not enough hours for the amount of workers, get assigned the same task almost every shift, not treated as equals, does not always feel like a safe environment.
Pros
Not a difficult job
Cons
Little hours, bad management, theft
Unorganized Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
my experience with bluenotes was that, very unorganized management, I had my manager ast. and another manager quit within two weeks, The head management seemed unfriendly, for a company thats been in business for so many years they dont treat the employees very nice

very dissapointing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluenotes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8