POSITION TITLE: Store Manager
REPORTS TO: District Manager
SUPERVISES: All Associates
Objective: To maximize store sales and effectively manage wage cost through strategic and
successful business management by ensuring customer satisfaction and associate development.
Achieves this objective by being a strong and respected role model to all team members who
meets the Company’s 7 Corporate Objectives and adheres to the Corporate Values.
I. Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Sales and Wage Cost:
- Ensure store meets sales plan and effectively utilizes available resources to maximize business
opportunities and responds strategically and promptly to fluctuations in the business.
- Ensure store Loyalty Card Sales are met.
- Ensure strategic and successful Inventory Management.
- Ensure the Management team and Associate team are prepared and suited to work towards
meeting the sales objectives.
- Wage Cost management thorough effective scheduling and a clearly defined strategic response
to controlling wage cost as sales fluctuate.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Ensure all customers have a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience at all times.
- Ensure the store is NCO at all times, including the back room and washrooms.
- Ensure all team members are committed to providing friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Respond appropriately to customer inquiries and concerns and makes decisions, whenever
possible, in favour of the customer.
Training Coaching and Development:
- Provide fair, ongoing and effective training and coaching to all store level associates so that they
can successfully execute their jobs.
- Be committed to internal promotion and associate career pathing.
- Hold team members accountable through a fair and consistent performance management
- Counsel and effectively resolve team performance issues through effective coaching, utilizing
coaching logs, performance improvement plans and the Development Plans.
- Is knowledgeable in and uses all available training resources to maximum benefit.
- Ensure the store consistently meets and adheres to Health and Safety policy guidelines by
creating a safe work place.
Recruitment and Succession Planning:
- Ensure good recruitment and hiring decisions are made with a sense of urgency and a
commitment to hiring the best talent.
- Responsible to ensure store is well staffed with skilled and experienced team members who can
meet company expectations.
- React with a sense or urgency to recruitment needs while utilizing all tools available.
- Ensure a commitment to retaining talent by creating an environment where associates feel valued
- Consistent and strategic commitment to succession planning.
- Retain the best talent through a commitment to fair and just management practices.
- Ensure visual merchandising and marketing strategies/direction are implemented as per company
direction within required timeframes.
- Effective participation and execution of Visual Launches.
- Solid understanding of fashion colors, fabrics, trends and designs.
- Ensure store achieves shrink target and inventory results.
- Ensure Loss Prevention policies and practices are adhered to in order to reduce internal and
- Ensure Systems policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Effectively utilize time management skills to react with a sense of speed and urgency to get the
job done promptly and efficiently while meeting the company objectives.