The incumbent is responsible for creating graphic art and apparel print designs for the Bluenotes Design team that coordinates with the concept and philosophy of the Company and brand.
- Creates and designs original artwork for apparel, including all over print design, graphic art, and apparel marketing designs (i.e. hangtags)
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and arranges layouts based on aesthetic design concepts
- Presents samples of finished designs
- Assists in creation of design concepts and board presentation for each season
- Works closely with Design and Merchandising teams to ensure a cohesive line is realized
- Develop themes and concepts using inspiration from samples and market research to establish seasonal graphics direction.
- Create and develop labels, tags and branding accessories for apparel product.
- Actively participate in the conceptual development of product lines, collaborating with apparel designers to expand graphics presence in apparel line
- Acts as an expert resource on graphic product aesthetic and graphic processes
- Stays abreast of trends and new printing techniques and resources in Graphic design
- Associate’s Degree in a related field of study or technical school
- Must be familiar with graphic design concepts, practices, and various embellishment techniques
- Working knowledge of graphic design software in a MAC environment
- Requires proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Understands of print and repeat process an asset
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment, multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrates knowledge of fashion and youth culture
- Understands our brand and the lifestyle associated with it
- 1-3 years graphics experience
- Experience managing a team is an asset
- Self-starter, Creative thinker, Team player
Indeed - 21 months ago