Bluenotes, a division of Y.M. Inc is devoted to developing talent by building a business where future success is driven by today’s actions and tomorrows potential.
Established in 1984, built on our reputation and success in the denim industry, Bluenotes is Canada's leading denim retailer. We developed our brand to not only provide the best denim, but to also service a casual, fashion-forward lifestyle.
We partner with our people, we balance results with rewards, and we care about developing meaningful relationships that build performance through partnership.
It is our goal to select and develop a well-balanced team of talent and to continuously contribute to their professional growth by providing endless opportunity and challenge.
Our multi-divisional organization encourages diversity, growth and innovation. Our commitment to develop and retain the best leaders in the business will solidify your professional success.
POSITION – FASHION APPAREL BUYER / PRODUCT DEVELOPER
The Buyer is required to possess strong written and verbal communication skills for this role. In addition s/he must have the knowledge to source the best products for our customers. The Buyer must possess a strong product knowledge base for his/her category as well as product development. Furthermore s/he must be able to maintain a balance of analytical and creative abilities to positively effect the bottom-line profit of his/her area.
- Plans product assortment with DMM, focusing on cost, price points, key items, vendor(s), and promotions.
- Negotiates with vendors to develop merchandise with the best possible price/value relationship in the marketplace.
- Possesses knowledge of fabric, cut/make/trim of a garment, and recommends sourcing.
- Analyzes performance and plans constantly to look for sales and margin opportunities that can exceed plan.
- Stays abreast of fashion trends, market climate, competition, promotional & test strategies and possesses the ability to adapt quickly to changes occurring in the business.
- Trains, coaches, and develops Associate Merchandisers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years experience in fashion apparel buying from a specialty or department store
- Enjoys liaising with business partners such as Allocation, Designers, and Vendors
- Excellent analytical and creative skills to challenge the planning and design sides of the organization
- Understand current fashion trends
- Understanding of garment construction and Fabrication
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Denim experience necesssary
- Flexible work attitude and available to travel
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join our Denim Team. Be part of it!