Our client is a faction of the Government of Saskatchewan and they are in need of a Senior BA with COTS and UAT experience. Please note that this contract has the potential to last up to three years so the selected candidate will be required to re locate to Regina.
If you possess the skills listed below please submit a word copy of your resume along with your hourly rate expectations.
The Business Analyst will provide support to the Project Manager and guidance to the project team to:
- Lead the business SMEs through the process of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure business requirements are sufficiently identified, traced and functional in the finished system;
- Create and manage a robust strategy and plan for testing that ensures the end product supports business processes and is of high quality to ensure accuracy of payments to the public;
- Create, document, and execute test cases and scripts, leveraging expertise from the vendor team and business SMEs, and utilizing formal testing methodologies to verify that system and business applications meet specific requirements;
- Manage the day-to-day testing and defect management activities of the SMEs;
- Identify and manage all risks arising through the testing process;
- Facilitate and/or scribe business workshops;
- Develop to-be processes with the business subject matter experts (SMEs);
- Assist the Business SMEs with validating business data for conversion from old to the new system;
- Develop user manuals and processes/procedures;
- Effectively analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures.
- Coordinate and periodically assume responsibility for work over others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure ministry SMEs are appropriately educated on testing methods to fulfill their testing responsibilities;
- Control scope creep and minimize re-work by managing the process used by SMEs and the development team to identify potential change requests resulting from test planning and test execution;
- Ensure that there are clearly-defined and agreed-upon exit/acceptance criteria for each of the major components/milestones;
The business analyst must have a collaborative approach in working with the project manager, the business SMEs, the vendor specialists and the information systems team. This business analyst must have experience leading a group of SMEs through processes and tasks, delegating and coordinating as necessary. A large part of this role involves coaching and mentoring a group of business SMEs throughout the project lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be skilled in business analysis with extensive experience leading User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and with strong "soft” skills in people / change management.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Senior Business Analyst.
- Experience in a senior business analyst role supporting configuration and implementation of a COTS solution. Scoring of this requirement will be weighted heavily and by years of experience.
- Previous working experience with iTrac IMS Application is considered a definite asset. Scoring of this requirement will be weighted heavily and by years of experience.
- Familiarity with the business functions and processes of the Office of the Chief Coroner will be given significant weight in the evaluation.
- Demonstration of strong facilitation skills, with the ability to organize and facilitate workshops, interviews, and meetings, with both ministry staff and technical groups.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate organizational change as it relates to business technology.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate business information into technicalspecifications as well as simplify complex technical information into business language.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents (such as test strategies, test plans, test scripts, test cases, functional requirements, business/technical architecture specifications, gap analysis, etc).
- Experience facilitating and conducting business process mapping workshops, requirements gathering sessions and eliciting true requirements.
- Senior level/lead analyst experience in business analysis methods and practices with experience in developing business and technical requirements for both maintenance and at least one large complex project.
- Experience in leading a business team through acceptance testing and managing day-to-day testing activities.
- Experience in defect management.
- Experience working well with an integrated team of both business and technical resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding business priorities.
- Demonstrated communication skills, written, verbal, and active listening skills.
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations and actively participating in meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Previous experience working in the Public Sector, though not mandatory, is considered an asset.
Again, If you possess the skills listed above please forward a word copy of your resume along with your hourly rate expectation.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Tags: Saskatchewan - SK, Manitoba - MB, Ontario - ON, British Columbia - BC, Alberta - AB, Nova Scotia - NS
Indeed - 5 months ago