Our client is a division of the Government of Saskatchewan and they are looking for a Business Analyst / Test Lead for a contract that could last up to 3 years. The candidate is required to re locate to Regina for the duration of the contract.
If you possess the skills listed below please submit a word copy of your resume along with your hourly rate expectations.
- Lead the business SMEs through the process of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure business requirements are sufficiently identified, traced and functional in the finished system;
- Create and manage a robust plan for testing that ensures the end product supports business processes and is of high quality to ensure accuracy of payments to the public.
- Create, coordinate and execute test scripts, utilizing formal testing methodologies to verify that system and business applications meet specific requirements.
The Business Analyst will provide support to the Project Manager and guidance to the project team to:
- Create, document, and execute test plans and scripts;
- Develop and manage a quality assurance/testing plan and process (including test scripts) leveraging expertise from the development team and business SMEs;
- Manage the day-to-day testing and defect management activities of the SMEs;
- Identify and manage all risks arising through the testing process;
- Facilitate and/or scribe business workshops;
- Develop to-be processes with the business subject matter experts (SMEs);
- Assist the Business SMEs with validating business data for conversion from old to the new system;
- Document user manuals and processes/procedures;
- Effectively analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures.
- Coordinate and periodically assume responsibility for work over others.
- Oversee and manage all testing done by the development team and SMEs to ensure the appropriate amount of due diligence has been used so the Ministry receives a quality, integrated solution that fulfills business need and supports business operations;
- Ensure ministry SMEs are appropriately educated on testing methods to fulfill their testing responsibilities;
- Control scope creep and minimize re-work by managing the process used by SMEs and the development team to identify potential change requests resulting from test planning and test execution;
- Ensure that there are clearly-defined and agreed-upon exit/acceptance criteria for each of the major components/milestones;
- Ensure that testing methods conform to best practices;
- Ensure there is minimal duplication or overlap of test effort with the development team to manage scope, cost, time and effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a business analyst for technical initiatives and projects;
- Minimum five (5) years experience in leading greater than five (5) team members;
- Minimum five (5) years experience leading user test teams;
- Minimum five (5) years experience organizing and facilitating workshops, interviews, and meetings, with a variety of organizational staff and technical groups;
- Ability to work onsite at a provincial government office in Regina, Saskatchewan as there is no opportunity for remote work.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with an emphasis on leading test teams on large, complex projects;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working and communicating effectively (both orally and written) with all levels within an organization;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, synthesize, document, and communicate (both orally and written) business information into technical specifications as well as simplify complex technical information into business language;
- Demonstrated ability to create, plan, manage, and execute test strategies, plans, and cases to support business process and software development quality assurance;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare project documents including, but not limited to, traceability matrices, organizational change management documents, functional requirements, strategies, training manuals, business/technical architecture specifications, detailed budget submissions, and gap analysis;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and creative problem-solving and diagnostic skills;
- Demonstrated well-developed writing skills to articulate ideas that involve interpretation, analysis, and assessment;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and enhancing tools and methods for use in Business Analysis and Quality Assurance activities;
- Demonstrated experience working well with an integrated team of both business and technical resources;
- Previous experience using defect management and automated testing tools will be considered an asset;
- Previous experience working in the public sector, while not required, will be considered an asset.
Again, If you possess the skills listed above please forward a word copy of your resume along with your hourly rate expectation.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Tags: Saskatchewan - SK, Manitoba - MB, Ontario - ON, British Columbia - BC, Alberta - AB, Nova Scotia - NS
Indeed - 13 months ago
Bluelime Enterprises Inc. emerged in year 2000 through the founding partners personal experience, examination of the market, and labor...