Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Laid Back, Good Money can be made
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2016
Management is horrible they expect too much! Vacays and Stays In walmart is not very profitable. Especially seeing the same people everyday. If you don't meet your quota of 4 sales a week they will fire you. You get secret shopped often and they coach you to say the wrong things. The packages and they way they train you to sell them is phony. You basically lie to customers about hidden fees and prices and trust me they will find out. And you have no security in your job they will fire you without warning or reason and they have that in the employee hand book. One of the worst jobs ever...not worth the money!!!! Don't work here!
Pros
6 hrs a day...benefits...hourly and comm. Salary
Cons
No job security...!! Horrible management
Subjective to one's own opinions...
Administration (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJune 3, 2016
The career advancement opportunities and learning opportunities are limitless. The overall rating is neutral as the positions assumed in the company were neither negative or positive.
Exciting Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2016
Fun but demanding job. Most of my coworkers were extremely friendly. Managers always willing to help, when I asked for advice.
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
There were many problems with efficiency and communication within the management team. There also needed to be a set system for standards
benefits
Cons
poor communication
The people are what make you want to work for the company.
Administrative Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
I learned alot at Bluegreen. Way more lenient than alot of other companies. They have alot of events that take place at the call center. They offer the option to wear jeans and sneakers on Friday's as long as you donate $2 for each to the charity of the month, The people you met can be relationships that you have for life.
Pros
Laid back environment
Great environment to work.
Welcome Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NHMay 27, 2016
An excellent environment to work in. The bond between employees is fantastic. Everyone gets along really well. The managers do a good job making you feel like you belong and are all a part of a team.
fun most of the time
TIMESHARE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 26, 2016
I would meet guest and helped them establish a vacation plan customized to their lifestyle and needs, I enjoyed the people I. worked with and the overall atmosphere was clean, pleasant and encouraging.
Pros
good hours
Cons
rule by intimidation
Good Company Terrible bosses
Kid's Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMay 9, 2016
Good company to work for if you can get past how you get treated on a daily basis by your bosses and also your co workers. And you have to work weekends and you're lucky if you get a day off. don't work here. go somewhere else.
Great benefits but absolutely no possibility for advancement if you fall in a certain group.
Guest services supervisor (Former Employee) –  NortheastMay 8, 2016
The company offers great benefits which is what keep most employees from leaving. There are no growth for black people in this company and they pay minority less than other groups for performing the same job. I can't say this is true for all properties but where I work that is difinately the case. Unrealistic goals are set and then used against you when they are not met. As a guest service associate you are expected to get a rating of 9 or ten for check in experience. Guest checked into a room that wasn't properly cleaned and gave a bad score for their check in experience. How is it front desk fault....you are constantly monitored to see if you are getting any score less than 9. The system is flawed...Promotion is not based on talent and qualification it's base on who you know...that's what I was told....sad.
Pros
Good benefits, meeting the wonderful owners and getting to know them. Proving memorable vacations.
Cons
No growth, favoritism, unequal pay for minority.
I don't know where to start
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 8, 2016
Management is horrible. They did not appreciate there workers nor did they stay on top of what was really important. They avoided the really bad problems by covering it up with small extra work for employees that did not solve the problem. Management did not know what they were doing at all. The employees as a group were great to work with and the benefits were fine.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
bad communication between departments
Meeting New People
OPC Off Premises Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 23, 2016
Getting to meet new people. It was fun talking to other people about where they are from and what their hobbies are. Also the pay was well.
Pros
Outdoors and new experiences
Cons
Bad weather
I needed to move on
OM Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 19, 2016
I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere and I was out of typical job qualification. I wasn't crazy about trying to sell to people at the mall.
Pros
Commissions were nice
Cons
Work atmosphere, being outside
Good and Bad at the same time.
Telemarketer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2016
This job is great for me . I have retired from another agency. Benefits are good and fit perfectly with what I am looking for.
However the immaturity of the mangers on the sales floor are ridiculous. They believe that because we are in a Right To Work state that they can treat us any kind of ways. Most days are good but we have many days of poor management and lack of resources.
Pros
$75 Resort Stays, Great 401K and all benefits are good
Cons
managment needs some outside real training or at least needs to listen to their staff.
Hotel
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2016
I managed the front desk of Clarion Hotel I enjoy working with people in a fast paced company I trained staff I love multi tasking
Fun workplace but maybe too fun
Executive Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2016
BlueGreen as a company is great however, the management and supervision is very poor. There isn't any real assistance and even when you find someone who is available to help and answer your questions, most managers have poor attitudes about giving help. This job helped me learn a lot about time management and how important it is to manage your own time and work. My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of this job are the benefits. However, I have been with BlueGreen for almost a full year and have not had a chance to utilize any benefits.
Pros
Vacations for $75
Cons
Low Pay
A great day in the office
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2016
Answering guest calls. Addressing the situation. My coworkers were AMAZING. I learned about different destinations. My favorite part is when they had theme days. Hardest part is when you couldn't make the guest happy. My management was always there when you needed them for personal or job related..
Pros
Free Lunches, Happy environment, Pay
Cons
Location, Disrespected
unacceptable system
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 21, 2016
This company has unbelievable system.No respect, you can not enjoy with your job, they are using to you like robot.Manager doesn't now to managing and this a huge problem to workers.Also especially international students/people.
Getting to meet people from all over the world and working inside of the Bass Pro Shops
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2016
I loved the atmosphere here....the location was inside of a Bass Pro Shop. I was able to meet celebrities and people from all over the world. This was a sales job selling timeshares. At times it could be difficult because you have make sure people can qualify. I left this job due to lack of mismanagement. It was out of control and extremely stressful. There was absolutely no support from the management that was there. Half the time they never came to work. It was a revolving door of employees due to lack of knowledge and some serious training and support from the management. We went thru several managers and eventually I was named the interim manager. I did this for several months until I just couldn't take it anymore due to once again no support from management.
Pros
discounts on Bass Pro items
Cons
no management support
Unprofessional at Corporate
Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ga,GAMarch 14, 2016
This was a great company to work for, until they changed their rules on how to get sales.(Which they trained us to do). They had trained us to do something that was a lease violation to the company we are partnered with. There was no re-training or apology for the corporate being unprofessional in having us purposely violate the lease. Also don 't try to be the nice employee otherwise your manager will walk all over you, only take shifts if it is convenient, otherwise they will make you their slave and have you cover everyone's shifts.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
corporate is unprofessional
This job is suppose to be call Finishline
Marketing Rep/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2016
A typical day is managing the sales floor making sure that each customer receives outstanding customer service. The hardest part about the job is when your waiting on a customer on a slow day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist a customer to full satisfaction.