Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

I would never work there!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OH29 January 2017
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They were without managers most of the time I worked here. One being involved w drugs. There were either 2 employees or 1 running the store at all time. You have no help and are left and expected to run the vendor completely alone. The store is supposed to be open 7 :days a week and you are lucky if they are open half of the week with the amount of employees calling off or not showing or the managers just not having any idea.
Pros
There are no pros for working here
Cons
Awful management. Unprofessional.
Great work environment with fun coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OK5 January 2017
In a typical day you would clock in and open the store. Your main focus was to greet customers, obtain a minimum of 35 leads weekly, and make 4 sales per week.
I learned Sales skills from my boss and coworker, who was previously the manager. Both have been in sales for multiple years and had a vast supply of knowledge to share.
My boss has owned multiple restaurants and was very easy to work for and learn from.
My coworkers were enjoyable and made for a great work environment.
my boss would make the statement that this job is, "the hardest easiest job you'll ever have". I find this statement very adequately describes this job. In terms of job requirements, it has very little demands. The toughest part is dealing with the public and convincing them to stop. Once stopped it was fairly easy to pitch them the benefits of what we had to offer.
What I enjoyed most meeting new people and learning a new skill, which i found I'm quite good at.
Pros
good commissions, good base pay, great boss
Cons
not enough new traffic flow in walmart, lower income level to sell to verses a bass pro
Great Company.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC1 July 2016
The people I work with are great, and the management is excellent. I have learned a new computer program and what it is like to run a front desk in a resort environment. On a typical day, I go in at various hours, take my position at the front desk and greet whatever or whoever comes in, whether it's a check-in or a guest needed assistance. I get 1/2 hour for lunch. The hardest part of the job is standing for eight hours, but they do provide good floor mats to stand on. The most enjoyable part of the job is he people. You get to meet people from everywhere and all walks of life and I find them to be very interesting. I have made several "friends" since I have been there and love them all!
Pros
Good team to work with; some free passes to local attractions
Cons
Short lunch breaks, no benefits as Seasonal Employee, varied hours and no weekends off.
Typical Call Center with some unfortunate twists.
Exclusive Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN20 June 2016
The biggest issues you will encounter is the Medallia Survey. This survey is highly weights against any bonuses you will receive and is virtually impossible to keep high due to the asinine way they work the average. Instead of Averaging the scores you are given, or even looking for a reasonable average of good vs bad scores, anything under an 8 (which owners will give you for a plethora of illogical or even wrong reasons such as not liking the company but then leaving you a glowing review, which happens far too often) counts as a 0, and takes a whopping 10 reviews @ 9 or higher to offset.

In the course of a paycheck you can count on getting 10-12 reviews, meaning you will seldom see the full promised bonus of $3/hr, instead usually settling at about $14/hr. ($1+ the base rate)
Pros
Good Vacation Benefits, Laid back Call-center environment
Cons
Broken pay bonus scale, constantly changing schedule, little room for advancement
Ok job as a stepping stone
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK7 January 2017
Job pays well as long as you sell so many trips a week. don't expect to work more than 35 hours in a week because corporate doesn't want anyone near 40 hours. Management could be better. time off is out of this world.
Pros
Vacation time 120 hours a year. short shifts, ok pay
Cons
Bad management. company only cares about money not workers
Worst job ever
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 July 2016
Where do I start.... when you first get hired on during orientation, the trainer is telling yout what a great company bluegreen is and why they are better than every other timeshare. A week of hearing about the resorts, but you don't even work with them. The second week they throw you on the phones and tell u to read this script word for word but not to sound like you reading a script. Asking people to buy these vacation packages for $159. Not telling them the details and all the fees they are about to come. It's a scam. You call these people telling them about a sweepstakes that really doesn't exist and pressuring them into buy a vacation package. And the managers/supervisors will blame you for not selling enough packages. You have to sell 1 a day or your job
will be in jeopardy. You get two 10 min breaks which seem like nothing. The commission(if any) is trash ($10 a sale) because it's hard enough getting a sale. Bad management. They are all on power trips. There is no job security and the place is just depressing to go into everyday.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Scamming customers, bad management, short breaks, pay sucks, depressing environment.
Poor/Inconsiderate Management
Sales Support/Administration (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL19 June 2016
Friendly staff however management is shoddy at best. Management would rather punish and make examples out of employees rather than work with us to help fix and prevent mistakes. Poor training from management leads to a lot of preventable mistakes. Employees with less than 3 months worth of experience have been threatened with termination for such mistakes which can be viewed as unfair due to the poor training. Decent pay but would not recommend when taking the stress level into account.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management, poor training, long hours, unfair punishments
Great company to work highly recommend
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK3 January 2017
Solid place to work at couldn't really for a better company honestly. There's just not a lot of room to move up and they say move people up from the inside but usually outsource jobs
Pros
Short hours and pay is really for time being at work
Cons
No place for advancement l, extremely stressful
Stressful
Exclusive Senior Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 February 2017
Overall it is not bad however it is more stressful then any other call center as management communication is non existent with anyone on the floor and the phone staff are always in the dark compared to what the sales sites are doing and saying.
Positive and fun working environment, lots of benefits in the job.
Call Transfer Sales, Digital Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL3 March 2017
I enjoy working for Bluegreen Vacations, the management is very helpful and flexible with your work schedule. The enviorment if a fun fast pace and every day/call is something different.
Not for everyone
manager from February to May of 2016 (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TN15 December 2016
Great hours, but hard to move up. Management is very understanding and the co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent pay. Best part of the job is the hours, it is hard to find a job that has these hours and still make an okay living.
Great benefits but absolutely no possibility for advancement if you fall in a certain group.
Guest services supervisor (Former Employee) –  Northeast8 May 2016
The company offers great benefits which is what keep most employees from leaving. There are no growth for black people in this company and they pay minority less than other groups for performing the same job. I can't say this is true for all properties but where I work that is difinately the case. Unrealistic goals are set and then used against you when they are not met. As a guest service associate you are expected to get a rating of 9 or ten for check in experience. Guest checked into a room that wasn't properly cleaned and gave a bad score for their check in experience. How is it front desk fault....you are constantly monitored to see if you are getting any score less than 9. The system is flawed...Promotion is not based on talent and qualification it's base on who you know...that's what I was told....sad.
Pros
Good benefits, meeting the wonderful owners and getting to know them. Proving memorable vacations.
Cons
No growth, favoritism, unequal pay for minority.
Great
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC17 February 2017
Love this job.i have worked for the company for 4 years now and wouldn't switch it for anything. They treat their workers great. Sales is a great job with bluegreen
Pros
You control compensation
Cons
Just commission
Store management is very rude and unprofessional
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL1 November 2016
No manners at all from the in store manager. Seems she hates working for this company too since she seems to always have an attitude. The in store manager needs to address personnel with more of a professional attitude.
Pros
Hmmmm
Cons
In store management.
unprofessional and unethical.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Branson, MO1 September 2016
Management treats you like you dirt and talks down to in front of other employees and belittles you to the point of emotional distress. They condone harassment and discrimination. Management plays favoritism. No room to advance unless you are a favorite. Do not work for this company unless you want to be scapegoat for all of managements shortcomings.
Pros
Cons
tolerance to discrimination and sexuall harassment
Very busy and fast paced
Inventory Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL14 November 2016
My job was great, I loved what I did but the manager of the department made me feel anxious and they were intimidating and sometime I was made to feel like I was being threatened.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much work, not enough pay
3 clients a day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GA22 June 2016
You take 3 clients per day if you do not get any sales. If you make a sale then you might only take that client that that or one more other set. Management is all over the place. I had 3 managers and then the you have the executive sales manager. All of them tell you something differently on how to sell, what to say, and what not to say. Its confusing and very frustrating. You can go a week to a month without making any sales. You have to be aggressive even though they tell you to just be friends. Most of the time your sales depend on your Inventory Specialist which is your T.O. You can be the nicest sweetest person in the world but if they don't like your T.O. then you wont get the sale.
Other than that, the people were nice to work with. It was a nice environment and the hours were great!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Management confuses you
ok place to work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL3 December 2016
Good place to work. As with any company it has its bad apples in management. You have to be at least management level or above to make a living wage for the South Florida area.
Fun workplace but maybe too fun
Executive Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 March 2016
BlueGreen as a company is great however, the management and supervision is very poor. There isn't any real assistance and even when you find someone who is available to help and answer your questions, most managers have poor attitudes about giving help. This job helped me learn a lot about time management and how important it is to manage your own time and work. My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of this job are the benefits. However, I have been with BlueGreen for almost a full year and have not had a chance to utilize any benefits.
Pros
Vacations for $75
Cons
Low Pay
I don't know where to start
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FL8 May 2016
Management is horrible. They did not appreciate there workers nor did they stay on top of what was really important. They avoided the really bad problems by covering it up with small extra work for employees that did not solve the problem. Management did not know what they were doing at all. The employees as a group were great to work with and the benefits were fine.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
bad communication between departments