Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Good environment, positive atmostphere
Vacation Club Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2016
Company is customer service and sales based. You're expendable unless you make an effort (just like at any other place). Coworkers are pretty awesome and the management teams are great.
Amazing experience!
Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2016
I loved working with Bluegreen Communities. I love the people the work and the executive leadership. The company is no longer in business as of about 2010.
Pros
Always something fun and challenging to do
Cons
Company closed
I needed to move on
OM Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 19, 2016
I didn't really enjoy the atmosphere and I was out of typical job qualification. I wasn't crazy about trying to sell to people at the mall.
Pros
Commissions were nice
Cons
Work atmosphere, being outside
Enjoyed working and team players
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work was always being productive
I have learned customer relations
My manager was awesome
Co-workers was all at team player
The hardest part of the job, I don't feel there was any
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people
No job security
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bristol, TennesseeSeptember 5, 2015
I worked at Bluegreen Vacations for 11 months and worked 6 days a week for 7 of those months. I wasn't allowed to take any of my PTO time off because the mgr couldn't keep anyone working there for any length of time.Most of the turnover was because they couldn't male their required sales so they were terminated.
I ended up leaving the company and even though I wasn't ever allowed to take any PTO time off they told me I had lost it. Stated to me was use it or lose it and you lost it. Wow they don't care about their people. You are just a number to them.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Lack of respect and consideration of employees. Just a number to them.
Productive and Fun
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Overall a great place to work. A family oriented environment but steady on the grind of accomplishing the task at hand. When dealing with sales/commission career there is always going to be challenges.
fun workplace
Tour Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIFebruary 26, 2016
great place to work, they are very flexible with working around what you need for example, working with your college schedule!!! I really enjoyed my time working there!!!!
Perfect beginning into sales.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2016
i excelled very quickly at Bluegreen. i learn that selling isn't just talking. but more like a win/win for both. Management was very willing to train anyone willing to learn.
Over all a good company to work for
Document Imaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Over see a department of 6 people
My team was a great hard working team, everyone got along. The most complicated obstacle I had to over come was learning how to balance between work and home.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team. We worked hard and always got our jobs completed on time.
Loved it
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2015
Commissioned sales-- if you follow the presentation they train you in you'll do fine. I loved working at the Lodge Alley Inn
Pros
Great management team and coworkers. Spiffs rocked.
Cons
Hated working Sundays.
Hotel
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2016
I managed the front desk of Clarion Hotel I enjoy working with people in a fast paced company I trained staff I love multi tasking
relaxed atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 15, 2015
Good place to work with readily available management always willing to assist sales staff when needed. Knowledgeable support staff able to provide timely documentation.
Pros
helpful management
Cons
frequent schedual changes or disruptions
very fun!
Concierge/ customer service (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 7, 2015
this job was very fun and I honesty wish I didn't have to return to school that semester! the best part was meeting all the new people in person and on the phone as well. see their faces light up when you help them properly was absolutely the highlight of my job!
Pros
meeting new people& mangement was great!!
Cons
no cons
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaAugust 28, 2015
Bluegreen was a great place in an excellent location in south Orlando. Everyday was an opportunity to learn. I enjoyed working there and the staff that make it a great place to work.
Pros
Great airy, beautiful office environment, great staff and opportunities for growth
Cons
Short breaks, not enough product knowledge
Productive workplace
Sales Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Bluegreen Vacations, I appreciate them for my first work experience in the hospitality industry. I learned a lot about myself and how I can interact well with customers and employees.
Has always been a great company to work for.
In House Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 5, 2015
Great company to work for. Growing and upgrading a lot of their resorts. Offers great benefits and people are great to work with. Only draw back is lack of job security if you have a slow month in sales. Other than that...excellent!!!
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
no job security
Great work environment
Time share sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLDecember 11, 2015
•Guest touring of the property, explaining the benefits of timeshare and answer questions, book and participate in events, billing and account management
Sales it was good while it lasted
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe,KSJuly 22, 2015
Selling vacation packages with a timeshare presentation. Pitching people and overcoming any objections they have. Listening to what people are looking for in a vacation. Closing the sale in a timely manner. Management is isn't what it used to be when I initially started. The hardest part was being micromanaged. The constant no's and negative comments about the timeshare. A lot of people will waste your time and not buy. The most enjoyable part would be selling vacations for families to enjoy.
Pros
Paid vacations, decent comissions, healthcare.
Cons
Short breaks, micromanges employees, no job security. Cancellations and timeshare constant complaints can be challenging.
Supportive
Owner Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2015
They offer alot of benefits. I took advantage of as many of them as I could. I loved staying at the resorts. It was a fun environment.
Pros
Resort Stays
Stay Away!!!
Bluegreen Vacations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 25, 2015
Extremely unprofessional management! A director of the department I work for thinks its acceptable to belittle and make fun of associates in front of others....and then laughs with them about it!!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional manger throughout my whole career. I would NOT recommend working in this company to anyone! Any manager who thinks that this is acceptable behavior to show to fellow associates should not be in a management position and should be disciplined for her actions!! Bluegreen Vacations, you really need to review your management team!

"Share Happiness" is the company's motto. More like "Share making fun of other employees"!! I will be leaving this joke of a company as soon as possible.

I expect that a member from the HR team will respond to this review and request that we meet to discuss this further. Will they really do anything about it? Most likely not!
Pros
None!
Cons
Extremely unprofessional management