Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Call Center Environment - Telemarketing
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
Manage high volume of inbound customer calls.
Provide hospitality consultations.
Process accounts receivable transactions.
Follow up with customers using outbound calling.

Friendly, productive sales-driven environment
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2016
One thing I enjoy the most is helping people and this was the perfect place for that. Sending people on vacation to different places in the country was also educational and enjoyable.
Pros
Sending people on vacation
Cons
healthcare
fun most of the time
TIMESHARE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 26, 2016
I would meet guest and helped them establish a vacation plan customized to their lifestyle and needs, I enjoyed the people I. worked with and the overall atmosphere was clean, pleasant and encouraging.
Pros
good hours
Cons
rule by intimidation
Getting to meet people from all over the world and working inside of the Bass Pro Shops
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2016
I loved the atmosphere here....the location was inside of a Bass Pro Shop. I was able to meet celebrities and people from all over the world. This was a sales job selling timeshares. At times it could be difficult because you have make sure people can qualify. I left this job due to lack of mismanagement. It was out of control and extremely stressful. There was absolutely no support from the management that was there. Half the time they never came to work. It was a revolving door of employees due to lack of knowledge and some serious training and support from the management. We went thru several managers and eventually I was named the interim manager. I did this for several months until I just couldn't take it anymore due to once again no support from management.
Pros
discounts on Bass Pro items
Cons
no management support
High Pressure, but great if you're successful
Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2016
Great place, but you have to have the sales volume numbers in order to do well. Other departments besides sales are preferable because they have less turnover.
Pros
Success is Easy
Cons
Sales are never consistant
Nice place to work
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed the time I had working at Bluegreen. I really enjoyed all of my co-workers and my managers/supervisors. A typical day at work would include checking guests in/out of the resort and answering phone calls.
This job is suppose to be call Finishline
Marketing Rep/Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 7, 2016
A typical day is managing the sales floor making sure that each customer receives outstanding customer service. The hardest part about the job is when your waiting on a customer on a slow day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to assist a customer to full satisfaction.
building self confidence and self esteem
Sale representative (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 3, 2016
blue green vacation is a good company, where they teach you to build a self confidence and self esteem to maintain to work over there. you will have to work under pressure to make sale every day. in summary, it really help me to build my self esteem and confidence
Pros
short hour
Cons
over managing
Good Company Terrible bosses
Kid's Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMay 9, 2016
Good company to work for if you can get past how you get treated on a daily basis by your bosses and also your co workers. And you have to work weekends and you're lucky if you get a day off. don't work here. go somewhere else.
Great environment to work.
Welcome Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NHMay 27, 2016
An excellent environment to work in. The bond between employees is fantastic. Everyone gets along really well. The managers do a good job making you feel like you belong and are all a part of a team.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 5, 2016
Every day there was something new and exciting happening. The team I worked with was fantastic and management was always willing to work with you to ensure you were doing your best!!
Enjoyable workplace where all departments are team players
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2016
Speaking with clients on the phone and helping them in the moment of their need. Helping the Off Property Consultants with keying in their tours. Making sure every employee is matched with their tour so they may get paid properly.Calling clients to set up a small vacation that they have asked for. The hardest part of this job was not being able to always answer or help our customers. In our department we had a great team that would answer any question and help with problems that you may not be able to figure out.
Pros
discounts to stay at any property, team players, secure job
Cons
some employees clash with others, not able to resolve certain problems for clients
Subjective to one's own opinions...
Administration (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJune 3, 2016
The career advancement opportunities and learning opportunities are limitless. The overall rating is neutral as the positions assumed in the company were neither negative or positive.
Share Happiness. TRUE
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32821July 9, 2016
The culture of this company is amazing. Rarely to companies live up to their mission statement but Bluegreen embodies it. The Share Happiness and its wonderful to be a part of that.
Great benefits but absolutely no possibility for advancement if you fall in a certain group.
Guest services supervisor (Former Employee) –  NortheastMay 8, 2016
The company offers great benefits which is what keep most employees from leaving. There are no growth for black people in this company and they pay minority less than other groups for performing the same job. I can't say this is true for all properties but where I work that is difinately the case. Unrealistic goals are set and then used against you when they are not met. As a guest service associate you are expected to get a rating of 9 or ten for check in experience. Guest checked into a room that wasn't properly cleaned and gave a bad score for their check in experience. How is it front desk fault....you are constantly monitored to see if you are getting any score less than 9. The system is flawed...Promotion is not based on talent and qualification it's base on who you know...that's what I was told....sad.
Pros
Good benefits, meeting the wonderful owners and getting to know them. Proving memorable vacations.
Cons
No growth, favoritism, unequal pay for minority.
For the most part, great co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was actually pretty strenuous especially when we ended up with just two laundry attendants having to do 100 and more rooms of dirty laundry. I really enjoyed working with most of my fellow co-workers, except for one who gossiped every day and put off most of their work load on me. The worst part of the day was even when I went to management about the previously mentioned fellow employee, they just told me to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I got laundry caught up, all the day's rooms were turned, and the operations building was quiet except for the hum of the machines.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work isn't genuinely appreciated
Productive Fun Place to WOrk
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2016
This was a really fun place to work but the advancement opportunities was extremely slim and not based on experience. Great for the experience.
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
There were many problems with efficiency and communication within the management team. There also needed to be a set system for standards
benefits
Cons
poor communication
Good company with significanttly good benefits
Assistant Resort Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Good company interested in your professional advancement.
Great opportunities for advancement and relocation for the company is rapidly growing.

Great training programs and development for those interested and willing.
unacceptable system
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 21, 2016
This company has unbelievable system.No respect, you can not enjoy with your job, they are using to you like robot.Manager doesn't now to managing and this a huge problem to workers.Also especially international students/people.