Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Busy but enjoyable making the day go by quick
Reservation Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL9 June 2017
Assist all Departments in the company to maintain resort/hotel inventory so guest have a place to stay. Fax / email properties to obtain inventory. Hardest part of the job is to learn all the little and constant changes that take place almost on a daily basis whereas the people I work with are very helpful and positive.
Use this company as a stepping stone
Shenandoah Crossing, Preview Center (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VA8 June 2017
The company overall could be great, but only certain people are recognized and able to move up. Felt like you had to look a certain way to be recognized and promoted. Hard work and dedication is definitely taken advantage of. They will use you until you scream uncle. Share Happiness is their motto but not for their employees. Very unfair practices there. If you desperately need a job, then it will get you through. As long as you're breathing and can pass the drug test they will hire you. Was really disappointed with this location. Very unprofessional and unfair.
Pros
Benefits such as health, pto 401k
Cons
Must know the right people to
Pushy on sales
Front Line Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL7 June 2017
Sales is all that matters, If you aren't hitting your goal you are either placed in another department of let go. Are not paid for time waiting on guests to listen to sales presentation. You spend an average of 8-12 hours on weekends and are only paid for the time spent with the guest.
Cons
Hard to get time off
easy going pace with great people
Server (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VA6 June 2017
i had a great experience there and made great money! Management never was over bearing and always good with staffing! Great job for a younger person especially if your a student
Pros
people, atmosphere, food
Cons
seasonal
Competitive work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Prattville, Al6 June 2017
I love the place of work but it is very competitive and you have to make sure that you are on it because any other sales person can step in and take your customer so you have to work very hard and stay driven at all times. You must come in with a very good mind set leaving your personal problems at home.
Pros
Great opportunity for more money, flexible hours
Cons
competitive, if you dont meant your quota you can lose your job
Inefficient teamwork
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 June 2017
Unprofessional supervision, by people with little knowledge in the department
Some good companions
Learning opportunity
Working for this company can be challenging when trying to complete jobs with lack of equipment and parts
Pros
Learning opportunity, Benefits
Cons
Poor management of supervision, Lack of equipment, tools and parts to complete jobs
fun work place i liked working with co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VA6 June 2017
very fun environment to work in. guest were friendly, nice area to work around. We were able to use the pool in the vicinity. i really liked working behind the front desk and greeting the guest.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
only able to use old rooms not newly renovated rooms
Poor management, not enough tours
Timeshare Sales (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GA4 June 2017
I was promised to get 2 to 3 tours a day. Was lucky to get 1. Drove an hour to work to sit around all day with no pay. Typical work day consisted of driving an hour to get to work. Clocked in, pay was minimum wage. After the 8:30 AM meeting, first tour was 9:00 AM. Usually didn't get a tour. Was made to clock out out and wait around for the 12:30 PM tour with no pay. Usually didn't get a 12:30 tour either, so sat around until 3:00 PM with no pay. If I got a 3:00 tour, it was usually a couple who had no money and didn't qualify to even tour. The closer would come to the table, spend an average of 2 minutes and let the couple go. Then would tel me, "you had nothing, they don't have any money." They have about 5 people who get the best tours and sell every day. They constantly hire new sales reps who don't stay very long because they don't get a qualified tour and only one a day so they are working for free. I would not recommend this company at this location.
Cons
Not enough tours. Unqualified tours.
Ok
OPC Agent (Marketing) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA3 June 2017
It is a good starter job and could grow into a nice full-time job if the economy is doing well in your area. It is what you make of it no more no less.
Inhouse Sales Representative
In-House Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC31 May 2017
Great place to work! Great customers and products! Also we had a brand new resort with all the things the customers we're looking for and more! Made sales easy!
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
None!
work place awesome
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I (Current Employee) –  115 decatur st new orleans la 7013031 May 2017
excellent job awesome benefits love the worker boss is loving the guest is wonderful the job is real convenient for me all and all ill rate the job at a 100
Cons
Great place to work to meet new people.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TX30 May 2017
Bluegreen Vacations was a great job I had while I was located in the Houston area. Bluegreen has great benefits and great pay. An I recommend this company to anyone who loves talkin to people and making great money.
Pros
Good paying
Cons
Outside
co-workers were alot of fun
MARKETING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Bay City, MI30 May 2017
My job consisted of seting up vehicles from local dealerships to put into malls for display purposes to generate leads for our vacation locations.At different trade shows and fairs I would set up booths for our sales agents to sell vacation pkgs to potential guests
Pros
I then would count the leads and send off tou our head office
Cons
was laid off in michigan
Fun to work, but hard to make money
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FL26 May 2017
Worked their for a while, hard to really make any money. Always banking on the fact that you may get a bonus at the need of a month. Hourly is not the best, but everyone is supportive
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hourly is terrible
Just an ok place to work
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL23 May 2017
Working there had ups and downs. However the downs prevailed in the end. Some Managers can love you one day and then cannot wait to get rid of you the next. Unstable and fickle in a lot of areas which creates a horrible working environment.
The Company in itself has good benefits like Health, 401K, PTO, etc. In addition Resort stays at a very low rate for Associates if space was available. (Company owned Resorts) I was not able to get in to any Resort in the last 2 years because of how many black out dates they had. They made a change to the availability of dates a while back and so whenever anything opened up it was quickly taken.
The most enjoyable part of the job where my Co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what mood our Manager was going to be in on a daily.
Pros
Benefits and a lot of people that work there
Cons
Managers fickleness
Meh
Support technican (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL16 May 2017
This company use to be good to their employees however since it's acquisition by BFC financials any semblance of Corporate culture has been flushed down the drains and Profit has become the companies sole reason for existence.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA12 May 2017
Great workplace to build individual sales skill sets that can be used anywhere else, and a great team environment. Many opportunities for advancement.
Bluegreen is a reasonable place to work. If you are willing to give up all of your weekends and holidays to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI11 May 2017
It can be a good job for someone who is willing to work every weekend and holiday. If you can sell well enough, you can make a pretty decent pay check. The management isn't always the best. You get a new manager ever 6 months. Only because they will fire a manager for not hitting criteria and budget. It's demanding at times and you have to stand on your feet all day. Customers are also very rude so you have to be able to take rejection well.
Pros
Paid vacation, use of resorts
Cons
Working holidays and weekends, not to flexible of a schedule, written up if you do make your sales
Its ok to work there but management is unreasonable
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN10 May 2017
So if you are a manager's best friend you will be fine. If you arent, then good luck. I enjoyed my coworkers but advancement was very difficult there.
Good Compensation
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC5 May 2017
Company has a good platform to make good money. Great benefits and vacation opportunities that make the overall package appealing. the hours are a nice perk as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluegreen Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.