Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Amazing experience!
Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2016
I loved working with Bluegreen Communities. I love the people the work and the executive leadership. The company is no longer in business as of about 2010.
Pros
Always something fun and challenging to do
Cons
Company closed
Productive and Fun
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJanuary 14, 2016
Overall a great place to work. A family oriented environment but steady on the grind of accomplishing the task at hand. When dealing with sales/commission career there is always going to be challenges.
Better than I expected!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 5, 2016
I gave Bluegreen a try after needing a change from a dead end hourly job. I didn't plan for much to come from it but experience but I was WRONG! With in a few months I began exceeding my sales goals 2 and 3x the needed amount. It is all about following your sales training and approaching as many people as possible. You will have good days, ok days and bad days, great weeks and on occasion a week that sucks. Its a "numbers game". Granted I have seen many come and go, the turn over rate is no joke. But from my observation, people leave more so from quiting before their 90days than being terminated. The stress and pressure is equivalent to what any sales job is like when aiming for commission. This was my first attempt and honestly, it's not too bad. You have to be able to put on your extrovert face, a big ol smile, create a connection with your customers, offer a clear pitch and most importantly close Close CLOSE. Miss your time to close, you will kiss that deal goodbye. Bluegreen has excellent benefits! 401K after just 90 days for example! I say give Bluegreen a try too and perhaps you and I will be able to "Share the Happiness" to even more folks, not to mention make a pretty decent living while doing so. THIS HAS BEEN A 100% HONEST REVIEW.
Pros
401K, insrance, PTO, holiday pay, education assistance, amazing lodging discounts, cruise discounts, flexible schedule, full time hrs starts at 30 hrs, outside business discounts.
Cons
Standing constantly, talking constantly, repetative pitch, sales quotas and abundant rejection from customers.
stressful work place
sales rep (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2016
I'm not a fan of how they run there workers. There not very professional. They always have problems with checks. If you want to get another job they make you wait 180 days for you last checks so they make you stay.
Pros
filexable hours
Cons
to many people telling you how to work
For the most part, great co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was actually pretty strenuous especially when we ended up with just two laundry attendants having to do 100 and more rooms of dirty laundry. I really enjoyed working with most of my fellow co-workers, except for one who gossiped every day and put off most of their work load on me. The worst part of the day was even when I went to management about the previously mentioned fellow employee, they just told me to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I got laundry caught up, all the day's rooms were turned, and the operations building was quiet except for the hum of the machines.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work isn't genuinely appreciated
Stressful environment, unrealistic sales goals, and no job security
sales representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 29, 2015
What can I say, when I first started working for Bluegreen they promised me the moon and the stars. Although some were true like employee benefits such as, healthcare, employee discounts on rooms, and pto. But don't be fooled! They need to offer all these benefits to lure people to work for them.

Unless you like being one of those annoying people outside the outlet malls, Bass Pro Shops and Wal-Mart stores that people desperately try to avoid then go ahead. Otherwise, stay away and find a more reliable job where you don't have to stress every week over hitting your budget. All it takes is 3 bad weeks of not making over 4 or 5 sales and you're done!

I'm not here to slander Bluegreen, and they have amazing upper management but being on the front line of their sales force will drive you crazy. You work almost every weekend and holiday, and start to hate people because you get annoyed from being ignored or cursed out almost everyday.

There's no mystery why they're always hiring. Their turnover ratio is insane. So many people come and go and all the managers care about are sales. Save yourself the time and find a better job where you can feel good about what you do and not busting your butt off in the hot sun constantly getting denied by people.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Being those annoying pushy sales people desperately looking for sales
Productive work environment
Office/administrative (Former Employee) –  Dennis Port, MADecember 29, 2015
The overall Bluegreen Community is a typical American hotel based on "everything is made for the client's pleasure". Nice place to work. Relaxed atmosphere. Great spot to visit with your family during summer vacation.
Pros
Free doughnuts
Cons
not enough staff
Friendly enviroment, co-workers displayed strong work ethic, open communication/critical thinking encouraged in regards to sales & revenue management
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2015
Typical day at the Hotel Blake began with a management meeting. At the completion of the meeting, I would return voicemails, prospect potential new clients, set appointments for outside sales calls and site visits. Renew business transient contracts, follow up with past groups for additional business. I worked closely with the Hotel GM and the Revenue Manager to maximize ADR and RevPar while deciding which groups would work best with available room inventory.

The staff and Management were wonderful to work with. There was a true feeling of teamwork while maintaining professionalism. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire staff from front desk staff, housekeeping and engineering to upper management.

The most difficult aspect of the position was the continued reduction of hotel room inventory due to the transition from hotel to a vacation ownership/timeshare property. It was difficult to sell future years of groups when the hotel ownership accelerated the transaction. By 2016 the hotel will have been reduced from 160 rooms to 50.

The most enjoyable aspect of this positon was definitely the teamwork and the positive attitudes of the entire team. The ability to "bounce" ideas off of each other for the benefit of the guests as well as the hotel's bottom line.
Pros
Friendly staff, complimentary lunches, 4 weeks PTO in 1st year, clean enviorment, healthcare
Cons
Hotel Transistion into Vacation Ownership/Timeshare, selling room inventory more than 6 months out impossible, with transistion hotel sales were no longer required.
Loved it
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 29, 2015
Commissioned sales-- if you follow the presentation they train you in you'll do fine. I loved working at the Lodge Alley Inn
Pros
Great management team and coworkers. Spiffs rocked.
Cons
Hated working Sundays.
Decent job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2015
I basically did little at the job. We have guest who come to do a timeshare tour, we checked them in and if they wanted to buy any tickets or stay an additional night at the resort we booked them. Its great when its a busy season so you can get paid commission. But it isn't a challenging job, its pretty redundant.
Pros
Chill environment, have small contests
Cons
No challenge, No free food
Great work environment
Time share sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLDecember 11, 2015
•Guest touring of the property, explaining the benefits of timeshare and answer questions, book and participate in events, billing and account management
Sketchy, at best....Sales Associate in Bass Pro Shops
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 2, 2015
Manager flat out lied about compensation. Promised 60K per year. After training for a week, started asking other associates about compensation, here is what I found out...

Longest employed associate(8 years) made 45K per year. This person got the best schedule and was working during all the peak hours during the week.

All other associates made less than 30K per year. Experience levels ranged between 1-5 years.

I left after 2 weeks. This is not an honest company as you can see with all the complaints. I know for a fact many of the positive comments left on this site are posted by Bluegreen management.

The location I worked at was one of the top locations in the company. I don't see any of the other locations being any better.

Employee beware! Spend your time finding a real job....Good Luck!
Pros
Bass Pro 10% discount
Cons
Everything else
Supportive
Owner Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2015
They offer alot of benefits. I took advantage of as many of them as I could. I loved staying at the resorts. It was a fun environment.
Pros
Resort Stays
Motivate to go work
Data Processing Specialist (FT) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2015
They dont discriminate for disability like deaf like I am. They give me hard worker and I really enjoy to work and they believe in me that I can learn a lot different position and I learn more different skills and I really enjoy work with them.. wish that 9/11 didnt happens at all.. I would still work there..
Pros
discount for vacation family package any place you want to go
Enjoyed working and team players
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work was always being productive
I have learned customer relations
My manager was awesome
Co-workers was all at team player
The hardest part of the job, I don't feel there was any
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with great people
worst jobs
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 7, 2015
This company is a joke, you are given vacation time that CANT BE USED, expect you to work 60 hours a week with no compensation. Management knows nothing about managing ..stay away from the Pigeon Forge location. No good locations for OPC'S , no.money to be made and they will.promise promotions that never happen because they are manipulative and only concerned with themselves. Overall, LOW PAY, NO TIME OFF, and no support from so called upper management.
Pros
Cons
very low wage, no time ofd
Accounting Asst
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 3, 2015
Sent reports of cash analysis daily to Sr Mgt. Processed wire transfers, bank deposits, stop payment and check copy requests. Was responsible for unclaimed property reporting. Opened and closed bank accounts. Assisted the accounts payable department when needed. I was at Bluegreen for 15 1/2 years, and did a large variety of tasks during that time.
Pros
Very nice PTO program, discounted resort stay program, good insurance.
Cons
Lots of turnover in Sr Mgt over the last few years.
Working with the public
OUTSIDE PERSONAL CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2015
Atypical day starts with a meeting so we could get the amount of openings we can book people in to visit the Lodge Alley Inn. Then we are told which spots we are being put at down town. While out, we are responsible for giving out information on vacationing better and give out information on the best restaurants and attraction to do while in the Charleston area. My co-workers were wonderful and we helped each other. Management was ok just so long as you know someone. The most enjoyable part of my job there was meeting and greeting the tourists and locals.
Pros
kickbacks for some of the attractions
Cons
not enough training
relaxed atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 15, 2015
Good place to work with readily available management always willing to assist sales staff when needed. Knowledgeable support staff able to provide timely documentation.
Pros
helpful management
Cons
frequent schedual changes or disruptions
Productive workplace
Sales Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Bluegreen Vacations, I appreciate them for my first work experience in the hospitality industry. I learned a lot about myself and how I can interact well with customers and employees.