Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Will not have a life
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 10, 2016
If you are management you will not have a life. They will expect you to work 60 hours a week. Calls and emails all hours of the day. Nothing will be good enough.
Productive and fun Workplace
Agent - aintained (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2016
Outstanding comradery which led to trust and ultimately happiness and record setting production from the top down.

As a Higher level Sales Manager I felt that I learned a great deal from my mentors which allowed me to return the actions to keep this company running smoothly for many years to come.
Pros
Heathcare, 401k
Share Happiness. TRUE
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32821July 9, 2016
The culture of this company is amazing. Rarely to companies live up to their mission statement but Bluegreen embodies it. The Share Happiness and its wonderful to be a part of that.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 5, 2016
Every day there was something new and exciting happening. The team I worked with was fantastic and management was always willing to work with you to ensure you were doing your best!!
Great Company.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 1, 2016
The people I work with are great, and the management is excellent. I have learned a new computer program and what it is like to run a front desk in a resort environment. On a typical day, I go in at various hours, take my position at the front desk and greet whatever or whoever comes in, whether it's a check-in or a guest needed assistance. I get 1/2 hour for lunch. The hardest part of the job is standing for eight hours, but they do provide good floor mats to stand on. The most enjoyable part of the job is he people. You get to meet people from everywhere and all walks of life and I find them to be very interesting. I have made several "friends" since I have been there and love them all!
Pros
Good team to work with; some free passes to local attractions
Cons
Short lunch breaks, no benefits as Seasonal Employee, varied hours and no weekends off.
Fast Paced Call Center Environment - Telemarketing
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
Manage high volume of inbound customer calls.
Provide hospitality consultations.
Process accounts receivable transactions.
Follow up with customers using outbound calling.

Friendly, productive sales-driven environment
Screwed up management/ push, push, PUSH
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 29, 2016
Worked at the Outdoor Traveler kiosk within Bass Pro store. Site Manager was very young, inexperienced & apparently was NOT trained in employer/employee relations, legalities &/or Labor Laws.

Doing timeshare sales (even selling mini vacations from a kiosk) requires total immersion. Employees must be on the company site regularly - making social comments, thanking each other & "drinking the Koolaid". Site Management regularly gets yelled at by upper level management (by phone, sometimes in 30 minute rampages) to increasingly sales production more & more. In turn, site management pushes sales staff like crazy.

In my opinion, when I left I could've sued Bluegreen for a multirude of reasons:

1) Degrading to women/male favoritism;
2) Illegal firing (literally on the Monday following my
weekend in the ER. It was cruel, at best);
3) Manager swearing at employees via text messages;
4) Unfair to a medically disabled persom/ADA
violations (no accomodations made for my
disability);

*** 5) Requiring employees to take LESS than a 30
minute lunch (BLATANTLY ILLEGAL by CA State law). ***

6) Violating Bluegreen's internal company rule of a harassment/abuse free workplace.

Maybe I should still report them to the ADA & the Labor Board. Bluegreen is advertising for a new Manager at the Rocklin store. I guess that means that my Manager was "de-throned".

As an added incentive employees are told they can get reservations at all of the Resorts. The fine print basically gives a TON of blackout dates; AND that your reservations can be cancelled
  more... if a "real" client needs the space. There's always a catch.

Allegedly good benefits package but I didn't sign up for it. Any employee vacations must be scheduled in the quiet seasons.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits package
Cons
Probable STATE LABOR LAW VIOLATIONS; untrained, hostile management
Well organized and a fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2016
I highly recommend Bluegreen to anyone wanting to learn the timeshare industry from the ground floor up. Mr. Ferris the V.P. was an excellent superior to work with. Bluegreen has some fabulous resorts to represent as an employee on any level.
Pros
Great training
3 clients a day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Savannah Historic District, GAJune 22, 2016
You take 3 clients per day if you do not get any sales. If you make a sale then you might only take that client that that or one more other set. Management is all over the place. I had 3 managers and then the you have the executive sales manager. All of them tell you something differently on how to sell, what to say, and what not to say. Its confusing and very frustrating. You can go a week to a month without making any sales. You have to be aggressive even though they tell you to just be friends. Most of the time your sales depend on your Inventory Specialist which is your T.O. You can be the nicest sweetest person in the world but if they don't like your T.O. then you wont get the sale.
Other than that, the people were nice to work with. It was a nice environment and the hours were great!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Management confuses you
Typical Call Center with some unfortunate twists.
Exclusive Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2016
The biggest issues you will encounter is the Medallia Survey. This survey is highly weights against any bonuses you will receive and is virtually impossible to keep high due to the asinine way they work the average. Instead of Averaging the scores you are given, or even looking for a reasonable average of good vs bad scores, anything under an 8 (which owners will give you for a plethora of illogical or even wrong reasons such as not liking the company but then leaving you a glowing review, which happens far too often) counts as a 0, and takes a whopping 10 reviews @ 9 or higher to offset.

In the course of a paycheck you can count on getting 10-12 reviews, meaning you will seldom see the full promised bonus of $3/hr, instead usually settling at about $14/hr. ($1+ the base rate)
Pros
Good Vacation Benefits, Laid back Call-center environment
Cons
Broken pay bonus scale, constantly changing schedule, little room for advancement
Nice peaceful work place
Vacation coordinator (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 20, 2016
Energetic nice people to be around, competitive, some people help you and some people don't. I loved being right near the water at work. Hardest part of the job selling time share. Easier part to sell were the vacation packages.
Pros
free breakfast, sometimes money incentives
Cons
Time Share
Poor/Inconsiderate Management
Sales Support/Administration (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2016
Friendly staff however management is shoddy at best. Management would rather punish and make examples out of employees rather than work with us to help fix and prevent mistakes. Poor training from management leads to a lot of preventable mistakes. Employees with less than 3 months worth of experience have been threatened with termination for such mistakes which can be viewed as unfair due to the poor training. Decent pay but would not recommend when taking the stress level into account.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management, poor training, long hours, unfair punishments
Laid Back, Good Money can be made
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2016
Management is horrible they expect too much! Vacays and Stays In walmart is not very profitable. Especially seeing the same people everyday. If you don't meet your quota of 4 sales a week they will fire you. You get secret shopped often and they coach you to say the wrong things. The packages and they way they train you to sell them is phony. You basically lie to customers about hidden fees and prices and trust me they will find out. And you have no security in your job they will fire you without warning or reason and they have that in the employee hand book. One of the worst jobs ever...not worth the money!!!! Don't work here!
Pros
6 hrs a day...benefits...hourly and comm. Salary
Cons
No job security...!! Horrible management
Subjective to one's own opinions...
Administration (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJune 3, 2016
The career advancement opportunities and learning opportunities are limitless. The overall rating is neutral as the positions assumed in the company were neither negative or positive.
Exciting Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 2, 2016
Fun but demanding job. Most of my coworkers were extremely friendly. Managers always willing to help, when I asked for advice.
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
There were many problems with efficiency and communication within the management team. There also needed to be a set system for standards
benefits
Cons
poor communication
The people are what make you want to work for the company.
Administrative Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
I learned alot at Bluegreen. Way more lenient than alot of other companies. They have alot of events that take place at the call center. They offer the option to wear jeans and sneakers on Friday's as long as you donate $2 for each to the charity of the month, The people you met can be relationships that you have for life.
Pros
Laid back environment
Great environment to work.
Welcome Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NHMay 27, 2016
An excellent environment to work in. The bond between employees is fantastic. Everyone gets along really well. The managers do a good job making you feel like you belong and are all a part of a team.
fun most of the time
TIMESHARE SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 26, 2016
I would meet guest and helped them establish a vacation plan customized to their lifestyle and needs, I enjoyed the people I. worked with and the overall atmosphere was clean, pleasant and encouraging.
Pros
good hours
Cons
rule by intimidation
Good Company Terrible bosses
Kid's Club Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIMay 9, 2016
Good company to work for if you can get past how you get treated on a daily basis by your bosses and also your co workers. And you have to work weekends and you're lucky if you get a day off. don't work here. go somewhere else.