Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

I don't know where to start
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FL8 May 2016
Management is horrible. They did not appreciate there workers nor did they stay on top of what was really important. They avoided the really bad problems by covering it up with small extra work for employees that did not solve the problem. Management did not know what they were doing at all. The employees as a group were great to work with and the benefits were fine.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
bad communication between departments
Fun workplace but maybe too fun
Executive Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN28 March 2016
BlueGreen as a company is great however, the management and supervision is very poor. There isn't any real assistance and even when you find someone who is available to help and answer your questions, most managers have poor attitudes about giving help. This job helped me learn a lot about time management and how important it is to manage your own time and work. My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of this job are the benefits. However, I have been with BlueGreen for almost a full year and have not had a chance to utilize any benefits.
Pros
Vacations for $75
Cons
Low Pay
Good and Bad at the same time.
Telemarketer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN13 April 2016
This job is great for me . I have retired from another agency. Benefits are good and fit perfectly with what I am looking for.
However the immaturity of the mangers on the sales floor are ridiculous. They believe that because we are in a Right To Work state that they can treat us any kind of ways. Most days are good but we have many days of poor management and lack of resources.
Pros
$75 Resort Stays, Great 401K and all benefits are good
Cons
managment needs some outside real training or at least needs to listen to their staff.
Ok job as a stepping stone
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK7 January 2017
Job pays well as long as you sell so many trips a week. don't expect to work more than 35 hours in a week because corporate doesn't want anyone near 40 hours. Management could be better. time off is out of this world.
Pros
Vacation time 120 hours a year. short shifts, ok pay
Cons
Bad management. company only cares about money not workers
Only thing Constant is Change
Sales (Former Employee) –  AZ30 September 2016
Unethically based company culture and it starts from the top down. Upper sales management knows about unethical practices but pretends not to and will throw their site level employees under the bus. Den of liars. No price integrity and not progressive or open minded to using ideas that promote sales. They should hire robots because creativity is frowned upon apparently. And so is selling with integrity and with ethics. Glad I am not there anymore. If you want to tell the truth, don't work for Bluegreen. The lying culture is a systemic problem not just site specific. Anywhere you could work for these den pf liars will REQUIRE you lie.
Pros
Can take vacations
Cons
Extremely poor leadership from the top down
Unprofessional at Corporate
Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ga,GA14 March 2016
This was a great company to work for, until they changed their rules on how to get sales.(Which they trained us to do). They had trained us to do something that was a lease violation to the company we are partnered with. There was no re-training or apology for the corporate being unprofessional in having us purposely violate the lease. Also don 't try to be the nice employee otherwise your manager will walk all over you, only take shifts if it is convenient, otherwise they will make you their slave and have you cover everyone's shifts.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
corporate is unprofessional
Not all it says it is
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NY20 October 2016
Promises for promotions that go unfilled and improper management where they tell you something one day and something else the other. In frontline sales you will not make between 40000-80000 management you will. I at the most was making 30,000 with solid sales every week but location can affect that. And it is a timeshare which is an objective you have to get over right off the bat
Pros
6 hour shifts
Cons
Bad Management
Just Started and Optimistic
Vacation Marketing Rep (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NC31 October 2016
Great commission structure. Im very competitive, so sales are my deal... management is very iffy. But ultimately and truthfully I'm about making money not the social utility of peer bonding and friendship. So if your very competitive and can handle a little customer rejection, it's for you! If your looking to be buddies and hang loose...just leave this job alone...AlwaysBeSelling
Pros
Commission, You're your own tool and greatest asset
Cons
Weak coworkers not sorted out in interviews
I would never work there!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OH29 January 2017
The most unprofessional place I have ever worked. They were without managers most of the time I worked here. One being involved w drugs. There were either 2 employees or 1 running the store at all time. You have no help and are left and expected to run the vendor completely alone. The store is supposed to be open 7 :days a week and you are lucky if they are open half of the week with the amount of employees calling off or not showing or the managers just not having any idea.
Pros
There are no pros for working here
Cons
Awful management. Unprofessional.
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL27 May 2016
There were many problems with efficiency and communication within the management team. There also needed to be a set system for standards
benefits
Cons
poor communication
For the most part, great co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TN1 January 2016
A typical day at work was actually pretty strenuous especially when we ended up with just two laundry attendants having to do 100 and more rooms of dirty laundry. I really enjoyed working with most of my fellow co-workers, except for one who gossiped every day and put off most of their work load on me. The worst part of the day was even when I went to management about the previously mentioned fellow employee, they just told me to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I got laundry caught up, all the day's rooms were turned, and the operations building was quiet except for the hum of the machines.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work isn't genuinely appreciated
Poor/Inconsiderate Management
Sales Support/Administration (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL19 June 2016
Friendly staff however management is shoddy at best. Management would rather punish and make examples out of employees rather than work with us to help fix and prevent mistakes. Poor training from management leads to a lot of preventable mistakes. Employees with less than 3 months worth of experience have been threatened with termination for such mistakes which can be viewed as unfair due to the poor training. Decent pay but would not recommend when taking the stress level into account.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management, poor training, long hours, unfair punishments
Worst job ever
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 July 2016
Where do I start.... when you first get hired on during orientation, the trainer is telling yout what a great company bluegreen is and why they are better than every other timeshare. A week of hearing about the resorts, but you don't even work with them. The second week they throw you on the phones and tell u to read this script word for word but not to sound like you reading a script. Asking people to buy these vacation packages for $159. Not telling them the details and all the fees they are about to come. It's a scam. You call these people telling them about a sweepstakes that really doesn't exist and pressuring them into buy a vacation package. And the managers/supervisors will blame you for not selling enough packages. You have to sell 1 a day or your job
will be in jeopardy. You get two 10 min breaks which seem like nothing. The commission(if any) is trash ($10 a sale) because it's hard enough getting a sale. Bad management. They are all on power trips. There is no job security and the place is just depressing to go into everyday.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Scamming customers, bad management, short breaks, pay sucks, depressing environment.
Sketchy, at best....Sales Associate in Bass Pro Shops
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TX2 December 2015
Manager flat out lied about compensation. Promised 60K per year. After training for a week, started asking other associates about compensation, here is what I found out...

Longest employed associate(8 years) made 45K per year. This person got the best schedule and was working during all the peak hours during the week.

All other associates made less than 30K per year. Experience levels ranged between 1-5 years.

I left after 2 weeks. This is not an honest company as you can see with all the complaints. I know for a fact many of the positive comments left on this site are posted by Bluegreen management.

The location I worked at was one of the top locations in the company. I don't see any of the other locations being any better.

Employee beware! Spend your time finding a real job....Good Luck!
Pros
Bass Pro 10% discount
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work highly recommend
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK3 January 2017
Solid place to work at couldn't really for a better company honestly. There's just not a lot of room to move up and they say move people up from the inside but usually outsource jobs
Pros
Short hours and pay is really for time being at work
Cons
No place for advancement l, extremely stressful
Screwed up management/ push, push, PUSH
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CA29 June 2016
Worked at the Outdoor Traveler kiosk within Bass Pro store. Site Manager was very young, inexperienced & apparently was NOT trained in employer/employee relations, legalities &/or Labor Laws.

Doing timeshare sales (even selling mini vacations from a kiosk) requires total immersion. Employees must be on the company site regularly - making social comments, thanking each other & "drinking the Koolaid". Site Management regularly gets yelled at by upper level management (by phone, sometimes in 30 minute rampages) to increasingly sales production more & more. In turn, site management pushes sales staff like crazy.

In my opinion, when I left I could've sued Bluegreen for a multirude of reasons:

1) Degrading to women/male favoritism;
2) Illegal firing (literally on the Monday following my
weekend in the ER. It was cruel, at best);
3) Manager swearing at employees via text messages;
4) Unfair to a medically disabled persom/ADA
violations (no accomodations made for my
disability);

*** 5) Requiring employees to take LESS than a 30
minute lunch (BLATANTLY ILLEGAL by CA State law). ***

6) Violating Bluegreen's internal company rule of a harassment/abuse free workplace.

Maybe I should still report them to the ADA & the Labor Board. Bluegreen is advertising for a new Manager at the Rocklin store. I guess that means that my Manager was "de-throned".

As an added incentive employees are told they can get reservations at all of the Resorts. The fine print basically gives a TON of blackout dates; AND that your reservations can be cancelled
  more... if a "real" client needs the space. There's always a catch.

Allegedly good benefits package but I didn't sign up for it. Any employee vacations must be scheduled in the quiet seasons.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits package
Cons
Probable STATE LABOR LAW VIOLATIONS; untrained, hostile management
Not for everyone
manager from February to May of 2016 (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TN15 December 2016
Great hours, but hard to move up. Management is very understanding and the co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the inconsistent pay. Best part of the job is the hours, it is hard to find a job that has these hours and still make an okay living.
BlueGreen was a Great Learning Experience
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Jersey Gardens Mall2 November 2016
My role at BlueGreen Vacations was to tell Clients about the Vacation Opportunities that we provided and get them Interested in what we do

I loved what I did, and helping people book their Dream Vacations
However, I did not enjoy how we would bring our Clients in

Overall, I learned much from working with BlueGreen Vacations
New Chapters in my life will be bring newer Opportunities however
Pros
Fast-Track experience with Sales, Marketing, and Social Skills
Cons
Unable to Express true Personality with Clients
Stressful
Exclusive Senior Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN21 February 2017
Overall it is not bad however it is more stressful then any other call center as management communication is non existent with anyone on the floor and the phone staff are always in the dark compared to what the sales sites are doing and saying.
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VA16 July 2016
Worked here for only a month and DID NOT LIKE IT!! if you're single and do not have any kids this would be the ideal place to work. The pay is decent but not for all that you have to put up with. Too much favoritism and not very business oriented. You can be very disrespectful to guest and management and that's OK because as long as there's enough "coverage" their OK with that!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks, poor management, very tense work environment and that's behind the desk not with the guest

2.9