Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Accounting Asst
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Very nice PTO program, discounted resort stay program, good insurance.
Cons: Lots of turnover in Sr Mgt over the last few years.
Sent reports of cash analysis daily to Sr Mgt. Processed wire transfers, bank deposits, stop payment and check copy requests. Was responsible for unclaimed property reporting. Opened and closed bank accounts. Assisted the accounts payable department when needed. I was at Bluegreen for 15 1/2 years, and did a large variety of tasks during that time.
Working with the public
OUTSIDE PERSONAL CONCIERGE (Former Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2015
Pros: kickbacks for some of the attractions
Cons: not enough training
Atypical day starts with a meeting so we could get the amount of openings we can book people in to visit the Lodge Alley Inn. Then we are told which spots we are being put at down town. While out, we are responsible for giving out information on vacationing better and give out information on the best restaurants and attraction to do while in the Charleston area. My co-workers were wonderful and we helped each other. Management was ok just so long as you know someone. The most enjoyable part of my job there was meeting and greeting the tourists and locals.
relaxed atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saint Augustine, FLOctober 15, 2015
Pros: helpful management
Cons: frequent schedual changes or disruptions
Good place to work with readily available management always willing to assist sales staff when needed. Knowledgeable support staff able to provide timely documentation.
Productive workplace
Sales Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Bluegreen Vacations, I appreciate them for my first work experience in the hospitality industry. I learned a lot about myself and how I can interact well with customers and employees.
Just ok
Salesman (Former Employee), indianapolis, IMSeptember 29, 2015
Was overall not incredible just ok.kokkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
fun vacation sales
Store Manager (Current Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 29, 2015
We share happiness by providing families with inexpensive vacations. I am a manager in the store, and the company is growing rapidly.
Deeply Sadened
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 27, 2015
I absolutely loved this job, I was unable to balance work and home an management explained hospitality cannot accommodate such request.
Over all a good company to work for
Document Imaging Supervisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 15, 2015
Over see a department of 6 people
My team was a great hard working team, everyone got along. The most complicated obstacle I had to over come was learning how to balance between work and home.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working with my team. We worked hard and always got our jobs completed on time.
very fun!
Concierge/ customer service (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 7, 2015
Pros: meeting new people& mangement was great!!
Cons: no cons
this job was very fun and I honesty wish I didn't have to return to school that semester! the best part was meeting all the new people in person and on the phone as well. see their faces light up when you help them properly was absolutely the highlight of my job!
No job security
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Bristol, TennesseeSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Good health insurance
Cons: Lack of respect and consideration of employees. Just a number to them.
I worked at Bluegreen Vacations for 11 months and worked 6 days a week for 7 of those months. I wasn't allowed to take any of my PTO time off because the mgr couldn't keep anyone working there for any length of time.Most of the turnover was because they couldn't male their required sales so they were terminated.
I ended up leaving the company and even though I wasn't ever allowed to take any PTO time off they told me I had lost it. Stated to me was use it or lose it and you lost it. Wow they don't care about their people. You are just a number to them.
Has always been a great company to work for.
In House Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 5, 2015
Pros: Pays on time
Cons: no job security
Great company to work for. Growing and upgrading a lot of their resorts. Offers great benefits and people are great to work with. Only draw back is lack of job security if you have a slow month in sales. Other than that...excellent!!!
Could've been better.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJSeptember 2, 2015
Lack of advancement. Fun work place. Lovely guests, which made it the best part of my job. Not a professional work environment unfortunately.
Reservationist (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great airy, beautiful office environment, great staff and opportunities for growth
Cons: Short breaks, not enough product knowledge
Bluegreen was a great place in an excellent location in south Orlando. Everyday was an opportunity to learn. I enjoyed working there and the staff that make it a great place to work.
Stay Away!!!
Bluegreen Vacations (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: None!
Cons: Extremely unprofessional management
Extremely unprofessional management! A director of the department I work for thinks its acceptable to belittle and make fun of associates in front of others....and then laughs with them about it!!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional manger throughout my whole career. I would NOT recommend working in this company to anyone! Any manager who thinks that this is acceptable behavior to show to fellow associates should not be in a management position and should be disciplined for her actions!! Bluegreen Vacations, you really need to review your management team!

"Share Happiness" is the company's motto. More like "Share making fun of other employees"!! I will be leaving this joke of a company as soon as possible.

I expect that a member from the HR team will respond to this review and request that we meet to discuss this further. Will they really do anything about it? Most likely not!
sales associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), lawrenceville,gaAugust 20, 2015
customer service sales associate sells and services new and existing accounts. The position is also responsible for performing sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs and sales as assigned. - See more
Great place to work, not a long term career
In-House Sales Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: daily mental grind
I made well over six figures as a top producer at Bluegreen, they offered great benefits as well. However, the high pressure grind of timeshare sales can wear on you. I am ready to transition to the residential side of real estate.
Overall Great Company
Guest Service Supervisor/ Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Described in Fountians Resort review
Cons: None
Although I only worked in the Fountains resort, Bluegreen vacations is an overall amazing company to work for. Staff is valued and recognized throughout all other locations.
No job security. They will fire you any time they like
Bluegreen Manager/Associate (Former Employee), AlabamaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: No pros
Was with the company for several years and one day out of the blue they said you are fired. Was always a solid performer. Was never late. The money is ok. But to much politics to put up with to succeed.
HR/Benefits
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2015
Learned so much in different depts of HR at Bluegreen Corp.
Get to meet and help so many associates with their benefits and LOAs.
I loved hearing about trust they had with the HR/Benefits dept. we cared so much for each associate.
Work was like family.
Super nice people to work with
Sales/ Marketing (Current Employee), Gordonsville, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: salary can be very low.
8 am until last sale. could end at noon or 8 pm. GREAT CO-WORKERS. Beautiful place to work. You just never know if $0 per day or $400 per day.
Headquarters