Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice company to start timeshare in
Reservationist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
This has been great company to me. They are very understand and just want the best. You learn almost everyones name. Depending the department you in there is job security...
Incredible Culture
Funding Specialist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 19, 2015
Bluegreen has an incredible culture that truly brings their motto of "Share Happiness" to life. I am happy to get up each day and enjoy being at work.
fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: rewards staff for hard work
Cons: open 24 hours
It was a great place to kick start my career right out of college, the staff was friendly and motivated to better you. The PTO hours for this job is amazing for this line of work.
Corporate HQ
* (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, pay and bonuses. Onsite cafeteria, gym, amenities in complex.
Cons: Getting laid-off
Nice place to work, good atmosphere, nice employees and decent management staff. Good pay, in 5 years my salary went up 6 dollars per hour. I was never micro-managed, as long as you do your job and give at least what they expect, mind your own business, you won't have any issues.
Getting laid off in 2009 was another issue, where I find fault not with my direct supervisor, but the supervisor over him and the whole dept. he calls me that morning from across the room tells me to go to the conference room in a few minutes, I asked if everything is okay he says yea and said I gotta go, then he dissappears. What a cowardly weasel.
Other than that I had a great 5 years, wish that never happened, changed my whole life.
Very fun, competitive workplace with fantastic coworkers.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clarksville, INMarch 11, 2015
Pros: 30 hour work weeks.
Cons: success depends on number of people in the store on a given day.
A typical day includes going into work, being mentally prepared to be positive and excited for what your day will entail. You go and get your sales materials to begin your day. You have a couple of lead slips, intended to stop the customers to give you a chance to talk to them about the services the company provides. Once you stop them you gauge interest in the product, present it, overcome any objections, and close the deal within 3-5 minutes.
Very proud of the our hard work to make what started out as....
Sales Manager- (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
Pros: as a sales manager, getting to work and lears from agents older and under then me.
Cons: working clode to 70-80hrs a week.
....... a small call center that our cooperate office was very hesitant on keeping open..... but the amount of solid, hard work to make what started out to be small, not profitable, in relation to it's location on the strip.... became a well oiled machine.

After to working with a good, make that wonderful group of people, for such a long time, it becomes almost a tight nit family.

It was indeed a blessing to be around older agents to learn from, but allow learning from Agents much younger then me.
No Family Life...But Great Pay Oppertunity
InHouse Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gordonsville, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: oppertunity to make over $100k a year
Cons: no summers, no weekends and no tolerance for poor production
This is a great job for an individual with NO kids/family. Management has no clue or education, and have been promoted only off of sales numbers. This leads to very bossy managers with no proper managerial training and this can be hard to deal with daily.
Although you can make a ton of money, not having any weekends or summers can be very tough on a family man or woman.
fast paced and fun work enviroment
Sales (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNMarch 4, 2015
Working here helped me gain more confidence in dealing with guest and helped me learn how to overcome objections and create a great guest experience.
productive, fun work environment.
Activation Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
very fun, energetic work environment. management is very encouraging and positive. i learned a lot about making people happy and going above and beyond.
ehhhh
SENIOR VACATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 2 weeks free pto, $75 for a week resort stays, pay is good
Cons: not flexible
You are answering phones all day either making payments, booking reservations, or just answering questions. Training is one month and paid 10/hr. After training you go straight to the floor. Its itimidating at first but you eventually catch on.
No Advancement Opportunities
HOA Accountant (Current Employee), Boca RatonFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: poor management, tight deadlines, company culture means nothing
This just is right for you, if you want to to stay stagnant. Many employees have been with the company in the same role for over 10 years.
Nice job if you are a people person
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: short shifts, benefits
Cons: inconsistent, affected by too many things
Personality makes you succeed at this job. It is very inconsistent. Income is mainly earned by the amount of sales. coworkers and management are great. Great opportunity for advancement. Fantastic benefits.
4 weeks PTO every year and access to all resorts. 6-7 hour shifts.
ok
Sales (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: how it was run
i sold vacations face to face to people in bass pro shop in st louis mo. It was not bad of a job . I work with a team .also on weekends too.
Loved my time at Bluegreen
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: ability to make money, resort discount, being rewarded
Cons: none really
I enjoyed coming in to work and selling packages to guests. It was exciting to see how many packages you could sell. Unfortunately we got laid off in 2007, because of the recession.
flexible and understanding
Opc Associate (Current Employee), wisconsin dellsFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: health care benefits, cheap vacations
Cons: commission based pay
Greeting people and chatting with them on the things they are looking to do in the area before pitching them to go on a presentation. I enjoy the interaction with people and ability to set my own schedule
Could Be Great
Management, Retail Marketing (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: compensation, 401k, travel
Cons: loss of direction, excuse and blame driven upper management
I worked for Bluegreen at a time they were going through an interesting shift in the Retail Marketing division. While the culture they have been trying to cultivate is missing the mark there are some true professionals there. The benefits and compensation are second to none, and were one of the things I valued the most.

If Bluegreen can find their way, and get things back on track I see nothing wrong with the company. I still send people to them who are looking for sales jobs and will continue to do so, but will always give them a fair assessment prior to that recommendation.
Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kodak, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, advancement, great pay structure
Great environment, super place to work at with great advancement opportunities. Super training program and great managers
Policy Processor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benifits, achvancment within the company
Cons: sometimes stress levels were high
Start of my day would come in a get myself settled at my desk and see what had to be done that day an start work on the files I had to do and during my day complete all the files that needed to be done an filed away. Learned a lot about timeshares and how they worked, management was good most of the time until certain managers would play favorites and treat others like they were beneath them but overall management was good an fair. Some really great co-workers who I learned a lot from an taught me the ins an outs of timeshares. The hardest part of the job was end of month which was very stressful trying to get in last minute stuff before they close the books for that month. The most enjoyable part was the work cause it made you think and kept you busy all day so you were never really staring at the clock and most of the people I worked with as well, overall I always enjoyed going to work.
Good place to work. Learning experience
Activities Director (Former Employee), Marathon, FLJanuary 21, 2015
It was a slow paced job but it was a great learning experience. The job had a lot of responsibility and planning involved. Interacting with a senior crowd made it much more challenging.
Company searching for new identity
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positively impacting lives daily
Cons: lack of support
A typical day at work consisted of coordinating, programing and leading group fitness classes, nutritional coaching and over all lifestyle change behavior adaptations.

I learned that work life balances is key. Occupational Wellness is under rated and under valued in corporations today. There is a glaring need for comprehensive employee wellness, backed by senior management 100%, established and executed options.

Vice President of Club Service is the absolute best leader and person ever.

My Co workers were awesome. Great people.

The hardest part of my job was trying to sell the importance of C Suite support for the advancement of the current Wellness Program i designed to have implemented over a period of 3 years and managed for growth and diversification on a year over year basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the positive impact I had and continue to have after my departure on former employees and their families. That is the best compensation available.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bluegreen Vacations

Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together. Bluegreen – Read more

Bluegreen Vacations Photos