Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Stay Away!!!
Bluegreen Vacations (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: None!
Cons: Extremely unprofessional management
Extremely unprofessional management! A director of the department I work for thinks its acceptable to belittle and make fun of associates in front of others....and then laughs with them about it!!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional manger throughout my whole career. I would NOT recommend working in this company to anyone! Any manager who thinks that this is acceptable behavior to show to fellow associates should not be in a management position and should be disciplined for her actions!! Bluegreen Vacations, you really need to review your management team!

"Share Happiness" is the company's motto. More like "Share making fun of other employees"!! I will be leaving this joke of a company as soon as possible.

I expect that a member from the HR team will respond to this review and request that we meet to discuss this further. Will they really do anything about it? Most likely not!
sales associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), lawrenceville,gaAugust 20, 2015
customer service sales associate sells and services new and existing accounts. The position is also responsible for performing sales and service functions for targeted markets, programs and sales as assigned. - See more
Great place to work, not a long term career
In-House Sales Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: daily mental grind
I made well over six figures as a top producer at Bluegreen, they offered great benefits as well. However, the high pressure grind of timeshare sales can wear on you. I am ready to transition to the residential side of real estate.
Overall Great Company
Guest Service Supervisor/ Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Described in Fountians Resort review
Cons: None
Although I only worked in the Fountains resort, Bluegreen vacations is an overall amazing company to work for. Staff is valued and recognized throughout all other locations.
No job security. They will fire you any time they like
Bluegreen Manager/Associate (Former Employee), AlabamaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: No pros
Was with the company for several years and one day out of the blue they said you are fired. Was always a solid performer. Was never late. The money is ok. But to much politics to put up with to succeed.
HR/Benefits
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2015
Learned so much in different depts of HR at Bluegreen Corp.
Get to meet and help so many associates with their benefits and LOAs.
I loved hearing about trust they had with the HR/Benefits dept. we cared so much for each associate.
Work was like family.
Super nice people to work with
Sales/ Marketing (Current Employee), Gordonsville, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: salary can be very low.
8 am until last sale. could end at noon or 8 pm. GREAT CO-WORKERS. Beautiful place to work. You just never know if $0 per day or $400 per day.
Sales it was good while it lasted
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Olathe,KSJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Paid vacations, decent comissions, healthcare.
Cons: Short breaks, micromanges employees, no job security. Cancellations and timeshare constant complaints can be challenging.
Selling vacation packages with a timeshare presentation. Pitching people and overcoming any objections they have. Listening to what people are looking for in a vacation. Closing the sale in a timely manner. Management is isn't what it used to be when I initially started. The hardest part was being micromanaged. The constant no's and negative comments about the timeshare. A lot of people will waste your time and not buy. The most enjoyable part would be selling vacations for families to enjoy.
Fun workplace
Customer Service - Sales Representative (Former Employee), Garland, TXJuly 17, 2015
This job was inside my favorite store, bass pro shops. I loved walking inside every day. Although the management was unorganized, and so was the whole business. Our manager would tell us something different every day. He would make rude comments towards me and write me up for things that should not matter, like my makeup not being good enough, etc.
Leaving Bluegreen was the biggest mistake of my life!
Quality Assurance Specialist/Sales Contracts (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Great people
Cons: Hotel job= weird hours
Bluegreen was no doubt the BEST job I have ever had. They gave us incredible benefits, and provided plenty of room to advance within the company. I left Bluegreen only after a bad divorce and needed some "me" time to get my life back together, but I really believe that doing so was the biggest mistake of my life. I would do anything to work for them again one day! Overall, if you get the chance to apply, DO IT!
Excellent work environment (corporate office).
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2015
Pros: work life balance, health insurance, great culture, paid holidays, resort stay benefits
Cons: salaries, location, communication
Enjoyed working at Bluegreen. The culture is great!
Salaries are good, but not great unless you're upper management.
There are great opportunities as far as advancement and other job placements.
Very Hard Work!
Sales Assosiateq (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJune 17, 2015
Very hard days work when trying to reach sales goals - being outside the entire time during the middle of the summer to the middle of the snow in the winter.
Super fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNJune 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: possibly long hours
Couldn't ask for a better team of sales reps and managers. Everyone is like family and willing to help in any way. Sales trainging is continuous.
great place to qrok
sales representative (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: must meet a sales quota....kinda pressure envirmonment
Great pay flexible hours and fun working environment.the pay is amazing never seen a company with such well compensation
Upbeat atmosphere and competitive
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Kodak, TNJune 8, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch breaks
Cons: everything was based on commission
The job was based on commission so the more vacation time shares we sell the more money we would make. The mamagement was very good and my co-workers were very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go in at 2p.m. and leave at 9 p.m.
Must be outgoing
Marketing Administration (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 3, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: late work hours
This job requires you to constantly be talking with tourists, so must be charismatic and outgoing to succeed. Staff is very welcoming and friendly. Hours tend to be late but can usually work with you if necessary.
Busy environment with new challenges each day.
Senior Vacation Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed helping owners with their variety of issues. Back to back calls can be exhausting do to high turn over but good benefits.
The company itself has great benefits but.....
Guest Services supervisor (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Horrible management, Employees are just a number, long crazy hours. Give you great benefits that you cant use bc they are always short staffed.
BE careful! From a corporate stand point the company provides awesome benefits for there full time employees. But not all the properties are the same! In my particular case. All management was a gone by 4 everyday. When you would call them for emergencies... They wouldn't even make the effort to care. They were clicky. Management's lunches were pretty much bought everyday from the resort manager. If you brought up concerns or disagreed with them on anything then they pushed you out the door. I was with the company for many many many yrs. And the changea from a corporate level was awesome but the property I worked for was horrible. There was favoritism. They cut corners constantly. Bluegreen is a great company but be careful what property you work for. The employees are treated like they're just a number.....
Ok environment with limited fun
Sales Rep / Sports Marketing Rep (Former Employee), orlando, flMay 22, 2015
I had to stop people at a mall to get them to buy a vacation package. I also had to pitch, and close my sale in order to get paid.
Timeshare job at Bluegreen
Sales Representative (Former Employee), FountainsMay 14, 2015
Pros: Easy and fun work to do.
Cons: The ups and downs of the business make this the hardest job to stay.
This is the most easy hard work I have ever had. I learned to talk with different people with the emphasis in listening to use all said in the selling process.

I loved the managers at Bluegreen. We had a lot of fun during the training classes.

I made very good friends at Bluegreen. The most dearest people to cheer you up and to solve all kinds of problems one may have during the work time. Everyone was so happy with the improvement of each other.

The hardest part of the work was the management of people stress and the for today business nature of the sale to explain to the guests.

The enjoyable part of the job was the ton of fun one had every day. Plus the friendly people one get to know. Not to say the beautiful relationship that many times we created with the guests.
Headquarters