Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
HR/Benefits
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2015
Learned so much in different depts of HR at Bluegreen Corp.
Get to meet and help so many associates with their benefits and LOAs.
I loved hearing about trust they had with the HR/Benefits dept. we cared so much for each associate.
Work was like family.
Super nice people to work with
Sales/ Marketing (Current Employee), Gordonsville, VAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: salary can be very low.
8 am until last sale. could end at noon or 8 pm. GREAT CO-WORKERS. Beautiful place to work. You just never know if $0 per day or $400 per day.
Sales it was good while it lasted
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Olathe,KSJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Paid vacations, decent comissions, healthcare.
Cons: Short breaks, micromanges employees, no job security. Cancellations and timeshare constant complaints can be challenging.
Selling vacation packages with a timeshare presentation. Pitching people and overcoming any objections they have. Listening to what people are looking for in a vacation. Closing the sale in a timely manner. Management is isn't what it used to be when I initially started. The hardest part was being micromanaged. The constant no's and negative comments about the timeshare. A lot of people will waste your time and not buy. The most enjoyable part would be selling vacations for families to enjoy.
Fun workplace
Customer Service - Sales Representative (Former Employee), Garland, TXJuly 17, 2015
This job was inside my favorite store, bass pro shops. I loved walking inside every day. Although the management was unorganized, and so was the whole business. Our manager would tell us something different every day. He would make rude comments towards me and write me up for things that should not matter, like my makeup not being good enough, etc.
Leaving Bluegreen was the biggest mistake of my life!
Quality Assurance Specialist/Sales Contracts (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Great people
Cons: Hotel job= weird hours
Bluegreen was no doubt the BEST job I have ever had. They gave us incredible benefits, and provided plenty of room to advance within the company. I left Bluegreen only after a bad divorce and needed some "me" time to get my life back together, but I really believe that doing so was the biggest mistake of my life. I would do anything to work for them again one day! Overall, if you get the chance to apply, DO IT!
Excellent work environment (corporate office).
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2015
Pros: work life balance, health insurance, great culture, paid holidays, resort stay benefits
Cons: salaries, location, communication
Enjoyed working at Bluegreen. The culture is great!
Salaries are good, but not great unless you're upper management.
There are great opportunities as far as advancement and other job placements.
Very Hard Work!
Sales Assosiateq (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAJune 17, 2015
Very hard days work when trying to reach sales goals - being outside the entire time during the middle of the summer to the middle of the snow in the winter.
Super fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNJune 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: possibly long hours
Couldn't ask for a better team of sales reps and managers. Everyone is like family and willing to help in any way. Sales trainging is continuous.
great place to qrok
sales representative (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: must meet a sales quota....kinda pressure envirmonment
Great pay flexible hours and fun working environment.the pay is amazing never seen a company with such well compensation
Upbeat atmosphere and competitive
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Kodak, TNJune 8, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch breaks
Cons: everything was based on commission
The job was based on commission so the more vacation time shares we sell the more money we would make. The mamagement was very good and my co-workers were very friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to go in at 2p.m. and leave at 9 p.m.
Must be outgoing
Marketing Administration (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJune 3, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: late work hours
This job requires you to constantly be talking with tourists, so must be charismatic and outgoing to succeed. Staff is very welcoming and friendly. Hours tend to be late but can usually work with you if necessary.
Busy environment with new challenges each day.
Senior Vacation Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2015
Enjoyed helping owners with their variety of issues. Back to back calls can be exhausting do to high turn over but good benefits.
The company itself has great benefits but.....
Guest Services supervisor (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Horrible management, Employees are just a number, long crazy hours. Give you great benefits that you cant use bc they are always short staffed.
BE careful! From a corporate stand point the company provides awesome benefits for there full time employees. But not all the properties are the same! In my particular case. All management was a gone by 4 everyday. When you would call them for emergencies... They wouldn't even make the effort to care. They were clicky. Management's lunches were pretty much bought everyday from the resort manager. If you brought up concerns or disagreed with them on anything then they pushed you out the door. I was with the company for many many many yrs. And the changea from a corporate level was awesome but the property I worked for was horrible. There was favoritism. They cut corners constantly. Bluegreen is a great company but be careful what property you work for. The employees are treated like they're just a number.....
Ok environment with limited fun
Sales Rep / Sports Marketing Rep (Former Employee), orlando, flMay 22, 2015
I had to stop people at a mall to get them to buy a vacation package. I also had to pitch, and close my sale in order to get paid.
Timeshare job at Bluegreen
Sales Representative (Former Employee), FountainsMay 14, 2015
Pros: Easy and fun work to do.
Cons: The ups and downs of the business make this the hardest job to stay.
This is the most easy hard work I have ever had. I learned to talk with different people with the emphasis in listening to use all said in the selling process.

I loved the managers at Bluegreen. We had a lot of fun during the training classes.

I made very good friends at Bluegreen. The most dearest people to cheer you up and to solve all kinds of problems one may have during the work time. Everyone was so happy with the improvement of each other.

The hardest part of the work was the management of people stress and the for today business nature of the sale to explain to the guests.

The enjoyable part of the job was the ton of fun one had every day. Plus the friendly people one get to know. Not to say the beautiful relationship that many times we created with the guests.
Clean and fun environment, with upbeat and professional co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 11, 2015
Pros: Income potential
Cons: Highs and Lows of the seasons and income
Great people to work along side, Training new individuals needs help, certain people in management could use help in people skills and professionalism, but over all good.

Hardest part about the position is, you do not control how many tours/appointments you receive, so on a slow day you could sit around for quite some time.

I enjoy the people I worked with and working with people during the sales process. Overall the position is not difficult for the potential income, but I needed a more steady income at this time.
It's a good place to work, co workers and bosses are nice.
Preventative Maintenance (Current Employee), Harbour LightsMay 11, 2015
I start out retrieving the carts, then I go and check if I ant of the rooms on schedule to be PM'ed are vacant. Once I get a room I go through the list and check everything and fix what needs to be fixed. Lunch at 12 and 12:30 I'm right back at it. I've learned a lot in my short time here. Sometimes I am asked to cover call's (Guest needs, or housekeeping finds) if one of my co-workers are off. The best part of the day is at 8:45 am everyone gets together to discuss how we are doing and what changes are occurring. Its when everyone gets together and it's a nice 15 min meeting.
Fair
Administrative Marketing Support (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Being treated like a child
Busy
How to/not to speak to the public.
Not very understanding when talking to guests/staff.
Enjoyed working with all co-workers.
Dealing with unhappy guest.
Meeting new people everyday
Good pay when you hit bonus...That's about it.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Pete Beach, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good bonus pay, easy job
Cons: NO job security, NO advancement without a real estate license
Worked at Bluegreen for 7 months. Started in marketing, which was flagging people down and talking them into a "free vacation" along with a sales presentation. Marketing paid terrible, so I was moved to sales. Let's just say, it's all luck in the sales job. Unlicensed reps make $10 an hour, plus monthly commission IF you hit bonus. Bonus is fairly difficult to hit because of cancellations. Sales reps are not allowed to stay in touch with former clients and it's the sales managers responsibility to follow-up with former clients. In turn, if you have a high cancellation rate for more than two months, they will terminate you, even if your managers are following up or not. Reps with low numbers will be approached by managers and sat down and talked with on a daily basis, generally a week before termination. The managers will ensure that the rep will not lose their job if they improve their sales numbers, but the next day the rep will be approached by the director of sales and fired on the spot, with or without write-ups or any type of warning. They push reps to obtain their real estate license so they don't have to pay out the base salary. Even a licensed rep with a high cancellation rate will be terminated. Bluegreen loses a lot of great sales reps because of their way of dealing with sales numbers. I feel a sales person should not be terminated because of cancellations. After all, they did THEIR end of the job by getting the guest to sign the paperwork and submit their payment. I DO NOT recommend this job to anyone with a family that is looking for a position with job security. Sales reps are disposable workers at Bluegreen.
Tough work with little job security but good pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: short breaks, little job security, emotional distress
It seems like easy work but when you're standing on unforgiving concrete in one place for six hours a day all the while being rejected by person after person, this job definitely starts to wear on your psyche. On the other hand, the pay is really good. You get hourly pay on top of commission and cash bonuses for each sale you make and the more sales you make, the higher the commission percentages and cash bonuses are. Plus, there is a specific number of sales that you have to make per week. If you do not meet that number for a certain number of weeks then your job is terminated. Your sales can be effected by the number of people in the store so there is no telling how many people you will actually get the chance to talk to. Your job security is based more on luck than anything else.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bluegreen Vacations

Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together. Bluegreen – Read more

Bluegreen Vacations Photos