Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ehhhh
SENIOR VACATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 2 weeks free pto, $75 for a week resort stays, pay is good
Cons: not flexible
You are answering phones all day either making payments, booking reservations, or just answering questions. Training is one month and paid 10/hr. After training you go straight to the floor. Its itimidating at first but you eventually catch on.
No Advancement Opportunities
HOA Accountant (Current Employee), Boca RatonFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: poor management, tight deadlines, company culture means nothing
This just is right for you, if you want to to stay stagnant. Many employees have been with the company in the same role for over 10 years.
Nice job if you are a people person
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: short shifts, benefits
Cons: inconsistent, affected by too many things
Personality makes you succeed at this job. It is very inconsistent. Income is mainly earned by the amount of sales. coworkers and management are great. Great opportunity for advancement. Fantastic benefits.
4 weeks PTO every year and access to all resorts. 6-7 hour shifts.
ok
Sales (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: how it was run
i sold vacations face to face to people in bass pro shop in st louis mo. It was not bad of a job . I work with a team .also on weekends too.
Loved my time at Bluegreen
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: ability to make money, resort discount, being rewarded
Cons: none really
I enjoyed coming in to work and selling packages to guests. It was exciting to see how many packages you could sell. Unfortunately we got laid off in 2007, because of the recession.
flexible and understanding
Opc Associate (Current Employee), wisconsin dellsFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: health care benefits, cheap vacations
Cons: commission based pay
Greeting people and chatting with them on the things they are looking to do in the area before pitching them to go on a presentation. I enjoy the interaction with people and ability to set my own schedule
Could Be Great
Management, Retail Marketing (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: compensation, 401k, travel
Cons: loss of direction, excuse and blame driven upper management
I worked for Bluegreen at a time they were going through an interesting shift in the Retail Marketing division. While the culture they have been trying to cultivate is missing the mark there are some true professionals there. The benefits and compensation are second to none, and were one of the things I valued the most.

If Bluegreen can find their way, and get things back on track I see nothing wrong with the company. I still send people to them who are looking for sales jobs and will continue to do so, but will always give them a fair assessment prior to that recommendation.
Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kodak, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: benefits, advancement, great pay structure
Great environment, super place to work at with great advancement opportunities. Super training program and great managers
Policy Processor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good benifits, achvancment within the company
Cons: sometimes stress levels were high
Start of my day would come in a get myself settled at my desk and see what had to be done that day an start work on the files I had to do and during my day complete all the files that needed to be done an filed away. Learned a lot about timeshares and how they worked, management was good most of the time until certain managers would play favorites and treat others like they were beneath them but overall management was good an fair. Some really great co-workers who I learned a lot from an taught me the ins an outs of timeshares. The hardest part of the job was end of month which was very stressful trying to get in last minute stuff before they close the books for that month. The most enjoyable part was the work cause it made you think and kept you busy all day so you were never really staring at the clock and most of the people I worked with as well, overall I always enjoyed going to work.
Good place to work. Learning experience
Activities Director (Former Employee), Marathon, FLJanuary 21, 2015
It was a slow paced job but it was a great learning experience. The job had a lot of responsibility and planning involved. Interacting with a senior crowd made it much more challenging.
Company searching for new identity
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: positively impacting lives daily
Cons: lack of support
A typical day at work consisted of coordinating, programing and leading group fitness classes, nutritional coaching and over all lifestyle change behavior adaptations.

I learned that work life balances is key. Occupational Wellness is under rated and under valued in corporations today. There is a glaring need for comprehensive employee wellness, backed by senior management 100%, established and executed options.

Vice President of Club Service is the absolute best leader and person ever.

My Co workers were awesome. Great people.

The hardest part of my job was trying to sell the importance of C Suite support for the advancement of the current Wellness Program i designed to have implemented over a period of 3 years and managed for growth and diversification on a year over year basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the positive impact I had and continue to have after my departure on former employees and their families. That is the best compensation available.
Very energized group talks a lot of fun.
OPC (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free drinks at the places you work at plus discounts and free tickets to shows.
Cons: the management and teaching methods.
You start the day by going to a location given to you by your supervisor and then you set up your booth and start talking to people.
You learn how to keep people talking to you the training is fun. The management is horrible they are nice to you at first telling you that everyone learns at their own pace and then after two weeks they show you their true colors. Your co-workers are the only fun part about the job some them are insanely funny and are great to work with the others act like the hate their job. The hard part of the job is getting people to talk to you because half the people you talk to think your a scam or a waste of time. Overall I enjoyed meeting different people and finding out what their interests are.
Wonderful Career
Manager of Outdoor Traveler (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: awesome benefits
If you are looking for a great company to work for with wonderful advancement opportunities then this is the place for you! The higher ups are very in touch and supportive! They do everything they can to help you succeed!
overall fantastic company to work for.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Garland, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Bluegreen resorts is a fun challenging productive company to work for with great employee benefits and competitive pay.
fun learning environment and room for improvement
Sales Rep (Former Employee), katy txJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: very demanding for a college student
A typical workday involved stopping customers having them fill out the survey leads and introducing them to our vacation packages based on the potential buyers needs. After after the introduction to the package we then proceed to closing the deal.
Exercise room
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 25, 2014
Pros: good hours.
Cons: short breaks. 10 minutes!
Not a bad company. Could pay more money and have better sales leads for employees.
Always a fun place to work
Owner/ operator of an organization company (Current Employee), Anderson, INDecember 22, 2014
everyone was great love this type of work. This is a rewarding job by helping people live a more simple life
was not an easy thing for me
OPC (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNDecember 15, 2014
the opc was a hard thing to do b/c I didnt like to lie to people.
very strict workplace
Call Center Confirmations Clerk (Current Employee), orlando, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: fun enviorment for night shift group
Cons: strict punch times, weekly collections must meet, not enough training offered to new hire
quick turn around, people get fired for clocking in 1 minute late .
there always hireing cause they cant keep employees.
nice resorts, great people to work with most of them at least
Company has a high rate of turn over in the marketing dept.
Opc Marketing (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good spiffs to top producers
Cons: money / pay is seasonal
Company does not take into account that business is seasonal in Myrtle Beach.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bluegreen Vacations

Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together. Bluegreen – Read more

Bluegreen Vacations Photos