Bluebird Contracting Services, a Trotter & Morton Company, has earned the reputation as one of the most dependable, safest demolition and remediation contractors in the business. It’s a claim they can make because of our unique combination of people, experience, and equipment. Bluebird is currently seeking a Safety Coordinator to join their Safety Department in Calgary.
The Safety Coordinator develops, administers, and implements companywide occupational safety programs, and serves as the coordinator for the occupational safety programs within one or more divisions and/or departments. The Safety Coordinator plans, designs, develops, implements, and evaluates departmental occupational safety programs.
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED
- Completion of NCSO
- Knowledge of all applicable OHS, CSA, ANSI standards
- Experience in a Health and Safety role, usually evidenced by a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of company fleet management
- Experience with compliance and management system audits is an asset
- Experience working in the construction industry is an asset
- Experience with mobile equipment operation and heavy haul trucking
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct company orientation sessions for new employees and sub-trades
- Responsible for incident management, including prevention (e.g. hazard assessments and management), first response and corrective action
- Immediately report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents to management
- Audit areas to ensure compliance of Company standards
- Manage preventative programs in line with legislation and Company requirements, e.g., fire management
- Identify improvement opportunity, by monitoring time lost to workplace injuries and develop action plans
- Responsible for inspecting equipment, structures or material to identify the root cause of error or defect
- Investigate adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort or efficiency
- Conduct evaluations of exposure to ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and to noise
- Collaborate with engineers and physicians to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions of equipment
- Coordinates logistics of trucks and equipment utilized on company projects
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Professional, approachable and excellent customer service skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to engage and influence individuals
This is a full-time permanent position with a comprehensive compensation package.
We firmly believe that our employees are our best assets and are committed to ongoing training and support for them to reach their full potential. If you would like to be a part of such an organization submit your application by email or by fax to: 403-640-0767.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. is committed to a continuing effort to create the safest, healthiest work environment possible for our...