Bluebird Contracting Services Ltd., a Trotter & Morton Company is searching for a Project Manager to join our high-performing team. The Project Manager will be the primary liaison for the client through the development process. The Project Manager is responsible for the pre-development, pre-construction, construction and close out phases of a project. A Project Manager is required to have a comprehensive understanding of commercial construction and specifically, civil construction.
Duties may include:
- Managing and supervising day to day operations of all staff teams on all assigned projects
- Initiate, review and oversee all required project administration and documentation
- Ensure contract agreements are expeditiously secured, reviewed, processed and executed
- Review, finalize and distribute project budget
- Conduct pre-construction turnover meetings for all assigned projects
- Responsible for subcontract agreement negotiation, preparation, processing and execution
- Ensure all required submittal review, processing and approvals and submittal logs are set-up and maintained
- Develop, submit and obtain approval of billing schedule of values. Prepare accurately and submit on time. Collect all payments, progress billing and holdback receivables on or before due dates
- Price, negotiate and process all change conditions and change work orders. Maintain all required change related and change order logs
- Responsible for overall financial performance of assigned projects, including continual cost control, management and forecasting
- Manage all subcontractors and suppliers
- Assist Division Manager as necessary to address, resolve and settle project disputes and/or claims
- Ensure all projects are closed out in an organized and timely manner. Conduct post-construction closeout meetings for assigned project
- Other duties as required
- Ability to accurately estimate civil work
- Ability to understand and communicate advance civil concepts
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Project and Access
- Completion of an Engineering Degree or CET
- Other education would be an asset
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience required, within civil construction
If you possess a strong attention to detail, are comfortable working in a deadline driven environment and have a strong educational/experienced background in construction as relating to the Civil Engineering industry, this might be the job for you.
This position is full time, and we offer a competitive compensation package and full benefits. If you are interested in stepping into an exciting and rewarding environment, this may be the ideal opportunity! Please email a resume to our Human Resources Office or fax (403) 640-0767. For more information about our company please check us out at www.trotterandmorton.com
Bluebird thanks all candidates that apply and advises that only candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
Whaler Industrial Contracting Inc. is committed to a continuing effort to create the safest, healthiest work environment possible for our...