- Title: Farm Worker/Labour
Terms of Employment: Seasonal
Salary: $10.51 @ hour
Anticipated Start Date April 01, 2013
Education: No formal education required
- Credentials: Drivers Licence
- Experience: Some farm experience both with
maintenance and general cleaning duties.
- Languages: Speak, and understand some English
- Type of Products: Seasonal plants, Bedding plants, Trees, Shrub
Specific Skills: Mix and prepare soils, Plant bulbs and seeds, Pot and
re-pot plants, transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings. Report signs of insects or disease damage. Water plants and garden area's including greenhouse. Perform manual labour to pull, hand cut, wash, bundle, load & pack vegetables for market sales.
- Work Conditions & Physical Capabilities:
Repetitive tasks. Physically demanding, Bending, crouching, kneeling, lifting 60-100 pounds and carried for short distances during daily performance of duties.
- Work Site Environment: Work in extreme hot, cold or wet conditions
- Work Location Information: Rural area
- Essential Skills: Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Continues learning.