Blue North has some specific goals in hiring a Business Development Associate.
We want to provide better support to the existing sales process by looking for new opportunities within our existing client base;
We want to expand the reach of our sales process to work more effectively outside of our existing, established base.
Our market is North American, and so business development activities will have that scope.
What the job includes:
Job responsibilities when acting as sales lead
- Identify key prospects based on market research and a thorough knowledge of the Blue North offering. Our existing network will be a good starting point.
- Turn that prospect list into a contact list and make initial contacts
- Meet with clients/prospects both to understand their needs as well as to present Blue North’s offering
- Know when to bring other Blue North resources (employees and/or partners) into the sales process to raise the likelihood of closing
- Help account managers manage and maximize new relationships for large clients’ first year at Blue and take on account management of smaller clients
- Manage and grow relationships and accounts of new smaller clients
Job responsibilities when supporting another sales lead
- Admin support – arrange travel, set up meetings, etc.
- Provide other pre-sales support as needed
Other job responsibilities
- Meet with head of sales on a regular basis to work on the sales pipeline
- Cultivate new leads through industry associations and events (AFP Toronto chapter etc.)
- Work alongside others to develop new offers, products and sales materials
- Help to organize our ‘Do-Gooders’ events
Skills and requirements
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience working with medium to large-sized non-profit organizations (a must)
- An understanding of selling and the sales process
- Highly relational, comfortable in client facing settings
- Motivated and self starting
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
The job is based in Guelph.
As a Business Development position, there are travel requirements, both locally as well as internationally (North America), and the candidate needs to be sufficiently mobile to meet those requirements.
Sales targets will be worked out with the candidate during the first month of employment.
Submit resume and cover letter outlining the fit between your skills and experience and our needs. Only those that meet the requirements will be contacted.