Blue Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

Its a hard job when its busy
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ONJuly 16, 2016
this employer pays more than most in the area. during peak tourism seasons the hours are more than enough. during slow season it can vary a bit.
Fast paced, fun environment at a ski resort.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ONMarch 24, 2016
Working at Blue is a perfect place to learn the necessary skills needed to enter the cooking industry. The work is hard and fast paced but all the staff make it easier and a fun place to work at. All the correct skills are taught, and supervisors make sure you have a good understanding of these skills and help you implement these throughout the season. The work ethic is always good, and you meet a lot of great people from around the resort. The line cook role is a perfect place to start if you want to get into the industry.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free lift passes and ski rentals
Cons
Generally understaffed this season.
A good place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ONMarch 17, 2016
It was all very unorganised at the start but once the season properly got going it was much better. I'd usually work 9-5 which means opening up for lunch and cooking during the lunch rush, then a little bit of prep after my break.
I learned a few new tricks with knives and general cooking tips.
My managers were all great. Good people who work just as hard as you do and help out all the time.
My co-workers were mostly great people too, we always worked well as a team and got the job done.
The hardest part of this job was the busy rushes, working behind a line there isn't a lot of space and we had to move around a lot, but we made it work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was arriving to a smile and a crazy story almost every morning.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes had to stay later than what was scheduled
what i learned
Terrain park Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ONNovember 1, 2015
everyday at blue mountain is a learning day, there is a lot going on in the resort and you have lots of opportunity to take part in
Encouraging Company with opportunities to advance.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ONOctober 27, 2015
My experience working for Blue Mountain Resort was absolutely lovely. The benefits provided made working there seem like a hobby instead of a job.
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Management is unprofessional and the pay is terrible.
Hours are not flexible and management does not accommodate regardless of the circumstances.
CLIQUIE!!!
Lunchroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Blue MountainDecember 15, 2014
If you havnt worked there for years your just treated like an outsider in the kitchen. There is alot of talking behind peoples backs. They did not make it easy to balance life, They were very insensitive to Vehicle issues and some serious issues with health etc.. the last year. One co-worker DID not pull her weight ever and you couldnt tell her or even give her helpful tips to make her life and ours easier. She would turn red and walk away while muttering stuff about us. She talked about me very badly behind my back ad acted very immature. I had a very hard time in the end dealing with this co worker and got to the point where i wanted to walk off the job nearly everyday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not an organized place in the winter time.
Fun Up-beat workplace, Always fun
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  South BaseOctober 13, 2013
I love working at Blue Mountain. The people are fabulous, the service is great, you are well trained.
A typical day is very simple, you get there, gear up and start teaching, tons of breaks, and your never over worked.
I learned Many new things about not only my teaching style but about my own personal skiing style too.
Management is amazing, they are fun easy to get along with people that are always willing to help you grow and if we are busy have no problem putting their equipment on and helping with a few lessons.
Your co-workers are always friendly and willing to help out whenever needed.
Hardest part of the job would be to be able to always keep going even if you had a tough lesson
The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing people and the smiles you put on peoples faces when you have given them the opportunity to try something new.
Overall I would definitely recommend blue mountain as your next workplace.
Pros
tons of benefits
Cons
can't think of any
Productive fun workplace with lots of room to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONSeptember 15, 2013
Well organized, fun atmosphere, lots of room to advance. Staff was friendly, and easy to get along with.
Great job but not for everyone.
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ONAugust 3, 2013
My position as a housekeeper (room attendant) at blue mountain is awesome. Every day i come in and its a different experience. However the job is very physically demanding and therefor is not for everyone.
Pros
lots of break time. everyone who works there is super friendly.
Cons
days can be longer than original scheduled. very physically demanding
A great workplace, everyone is like family.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain, OntarioMay 1, 2013
When working at Blue Mountain, you feel like you are part of a family. They teach you team work as well as single person responsibility. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the angry or annoyed customers. My favorite part, even when I dealt with hard people, was meeting all the different people that come into the village.
Good Place for seasonal work
South Base Lodge Attendant (Former Employee) –  The Town of the Blue MountainsOctober 10, 2012
Good place to work. I'd go back but don't like seasonal work for that reason. People who work there were great. Have to be able to handle a busy setting.
Great Experience, great people.
Kids at Blue Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Grand Central LodgeSeptember 5, 2012
Every day I had the ability to walk into a job where I permanently had a smile on my face. I loved going to work and on weekends I couldn't wait to get back to work. The amount of new people I had the pleasure of meeting was a wonderful experience. Working with kids is a huge benefit to my life because they are the future, teaching them new things and different ways to enjoy the outdoors is a huge pleasure.
good healthy work environment
House Person (Former Employee) –  blue mountain, ONJuly 27, 2012
- very busy days at work
- i progressed in my time management skills
- co workers were great to work with
- the shifts going from days to nights was hard to adjust to.
- I enjoyed being busy.
Pros
busy shifts
Cons
not enough shifts
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ONJune 19, 2012
Fun Workplace, good experience. I enjoyed working here. I loved that staff and costomers. Great place to work.
Pros
fun staff, amazing customers
Cons
only seasonal