Blue Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

Diversity at it's best!
Managing hostess (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON12 May 2017
Blue Mountain is a great place to work because there are so many open doors of opportunity. I prefer to start at the bottom and work my way up, becoming skilled in all areas of management and service. I'd start at 6 am which was tough and finish mid afternoon. I was in charge of the winter buffet. Setting up, taking down, and making sure it was stocked and looking fabulous. I also helped in the back and with the servers. I always like to be busy. I enjoyed the interaction with the staff and visitors the most. Magical!
Pros
All you can eat!
Cons
Always the same food! lol
Great people, hard/longs hrs of work
Lodges Kitchen Supervisor/Kitchen Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains6 March 2017
Working with the Blue mountain team was both a very rewarding and challenging five years. The opportunity for advancement was there which I took full advantage of to become a solid part of the leadership team in only a short period in time. I grew to love the people I worked with (the employee teams) and worked well with the management team. My decision to leave the team was a result of the the change of ownership hands and turn over of upper management which resulted in poor upper management.
Pros
Great employee teams
Cons
untrained/unmotivated management
Awesome!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain, ON6 February 2017
Friendly environment and great wage! Awesome boss
Meeting hotel guests was great and knowing what that was they enjoyed therr stay at Blue Mountain!!!
Excellent dynamic work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON24 January 2017
Complicated relationship with the Village association. At times unrealistic hospitality expectations run contrary to good security practices
Pros
Free ski pass
Cons
Lack of shelter from weather
it was a great life experience
Terrain park attendant (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON19 January 2017
all through out my employment at the mountain always had something new to do every day. i loved the people the atmosphere and management.
Great Employer
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON16 December 2016
The management were amazing and the other co-workers were great to work with as well the pay and bennifits package were great too and serving the customers was the best part of my job
fun workplace
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON20 September 2016
great customer service experience, friendly staff and very accepting of everything (gender, sexuality etc) loved, effective and things got dealt with quickly when a problem occurred
Its a hard job when its busy
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON16 July 2016
this employer pays more than most in the area. during peak tourism seasons the hours are more than enough. during slow season it can vary a bit.
Fast paced, fun environment at a ski resort.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON24 March 2016
Working at Blue is a perfect place to learn the necessary skills needed to enter the cooking industry. The work is hard and fast paced but all the staff make it easier and a fun place to work at. All the correct skills are taught, and supervisors make sure you have a good understanding of these skills and help you implement these throughout the season. The work ethic is always good, and you meet a lot of great people from around the resort. The line cook role is a perfect place to start if you want to get into the industry.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free lift passes and ski rentals
Cons
Generally understaffed this season.
A good place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON17 March 2016
It was all very unorganised at the start but once the season properly got going it was much better. I'd usually work 9-5 which means opening up for lunch and cooking during the lunch rush, then a little bit of prep after my break.
I learned a few new tricks with knives and general cooking tips.
My managers were all great. Good people who work just as hard as you do and help out all the time.
My co-workers were mostly great people too, we always worked well as a team and got the job done.
The hardest part of this job was the busy rushes, working behind a line there isn't a lot of space and we had to move around a lot, but we made it work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was arriving to a smile and a crazy story almost every morning.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sometimes had to stay later than what was scheduled
what i learned
Terrain park Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON1 November 2015
everyday at blue mountain is a learning day, there is a lot going on in the resort and you have lots of opportunity to take part in
Encouraging Company with opportunities to advance.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON27 October 2015
My experience working for Blue Mountain Resort was absolutely lovely. The benefits provided made working there seem like a hobby instead of a job.
Terrible place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON30 January 2015
Management is unprofessional and the pay is terrible.
Hours are not flexible and management does not accommodate regardless of the circumstances.
Cliquie!!!
Lunchroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain15 December 2014
If you havnt worked there for years your just treated like an outsider in the kitchen. There is alot of talking behind peoples backs. They did not make it easy to balance life, They were very insensitive to Vehicle issues and some serious issues with health etc.. the last year. One co-worker DID not pull her weight ever and you couldnt tell her or even give her helpful tips to make her life and ours easier. She would turn red and walk away while muttering stuff about us. She talked about me very badly behind my back ad acted very immature. I had a very hard time in the end dealing with this co worker and got to the point where i wanted to walk off the job nearly everyday.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not an organized place in the winter time.
Fun Up-beat workplace, Always fun
Ski Instructor (Current Employee) –  South Base13 October 2013
I love working at Blue Mountain. The people are fabulous, the service is great, you are well trained.
A typical day is very simple, you get there, gear up and start teaching, tons of breaks, and your never over worked.
I learned Many new things about not only my teaching style but about my own personal skiing style too.
Management is amazing, they are fun easy to get along with people that are always willing to help you grow and if we are busy have no problem putting their equipment on and helping with a few lessons.
Your co-workers are always friendly and willing to help out whenever needed.
Hardest part of the job would be to be able to always keep going even if you had a tough lesson
The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing people and the smiles you put on peoples faces when you have given them the opportunity to try something new.
Overall I would definitely recommend blue mountain as your next workplace.
Pros
Tons of benefits
Cons
Can't think of any
Productive fun workplace with lots of room to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 September 2013
Well organized, fun atmosphere, lots of room to advance. Staff was friendly, and easy to get along with.
Great job but not for everyone.
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Blue Mountains, ON3 August 2013
My position as a housekeeper (room attendant) at blue mountain is awesome. Every day i come in and its a different experience. However the job is very physically demanding and therefor is not for everyone.
Pros
Lots of break time. Everyone who works there is super friendly.
Cons
days can be longer than original scheduled. VERY physically demanding
A great workplace, everyone is like family.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Blue Mountain, Ontario1 May 2013
When working at Blue Mountain, you feel like you are part of a family. They teach you team work as well as single person responsibility. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the angry or annoyed customers. My favorite part, even when I dealt with hard people, was meeting all the different people that come into the village.
Good Place for seasonal work
South Base Lodge Attendant (Former Employee) –  The Town of the Blue Mountains10 October 2012
Good place to work. I'd go back but don't like seasonal work for that reason. People who work there were great. Have to be able to handle a busy setting.
Great Experience, great people.
Kids at Blue Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Grand Central Lodge5 September 2012
Every day I had the ability to walk into a job where I permanently had a smile on my face. I loved going to work and on weekends I couldn't wait to get back to work. The amount of new people I had the pleasure of meeting was a wonderful experience. Working with kids is a huge benefit to my life because they are the future, teaching them new things and different ways to enjoy the outdoors is a huge pleasure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Mountain Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Blue Mountain Resort Reviews by Location