Blue Mountain Resort

Blue Mountain Resort Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Employment/ Employers
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Ski LiftsMarch 16, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: some really cold nights
Blue Mountain is a great place to work, great staff and a positive enviornment to work in. At Blue Mountain we basicly have the duty to ensure saftey and enjoyment of our members and guests when using the lifts. I love the the job its fun, you get to socialize with people, but the best past of the job is the fact there is always some thing to do whether – more... its shoveling snow, checking passes, greating guests, or just observing operations of the lift you are alway busy. – less
Fun Up-beat workplace, Always fun
Ski Instructor (Current Employee), South BaseOctober 13, 2013
Pros: tons of benefits
Cons: can't think of any
I love working at Blue Mountain. The people are fabulous, the service is great, you are well trained.
A typical day is very simple, you get there, gear up and start teaching, tons of breaks, and your never over worked.
I learned Many new things about not only my teaching style but about my own personal skiing style too.
Management is amazing, they are – more... fun easy to get along with people that are always willing to help you grow and if we are busy have no problem putting their equipment on and helping with a few lessons.
Your co-workers are always friendly and willing to help out whenever needed.
Hardest part of the job would be to be able to always keep going even if you had a tough lesson
The most enjoyable part of the job is the amazing people and the smiles you put on peoples faces when you have given them the opportunity to try something new.
Overall I would definitely recommend blue mountain as your next workplace. – less
Productive fun workplace with lots of room to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONSeptember 15, 2013
Well organized, fun atmosphere, lots of room to advance. Staff was friendly, and easy to get along with.
Great job but not for everyone.
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Blue Mountains, ONAugust 3, 2013
Pros: lots of break time. everyone who works there is super friendly.
Cons: days can be longer than original scheduled. very physically demanding
My position as a housekeeper (room attendant) at blue mountain is awesome. Every day i come in and its a different experience. However the job is very physically demanding and therefor is not for everyone.
A great workplace, everyone is like family.
Greeter (Former Employee), Blue Mountain, OntarioMay 1, 2013
When working at Blue Mountain, you feel like you are part of a family. They teach you team work as well as single person responsibility. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the angry or annoyed customers. My favorite part, even when I dealt with hard people, was meeting all the different people that come into the village.
Good Place for seasonal work
South Base Lodge Attendant (Former Employee), The Town of the Blue MountainsOctober 10, 2012
Good place to work. I'd go back but don't like seasonal work for that reason. People who work there were great. Have to be able to handle a busy setting.
Great Experience, great people.
Kids at Blue Camp Counsellor (Former Employee), Grand Central LodgeSeptember 5, 2012
Every day I had the ability to walk into a job where I permanently had a smile on my face. I loved going to work and on weekends I couldn't wait to get back to work. The amount of new people I had the pleasure of meeting was a wonderful experience. Working with kids is a huge benefit to my life because they are the future, teaching them new things and – more... different ways to enjoy the outdoors is a huge pleasure. – less
good healthy work environment
House Person (Former Employee), blue mountain, ONJuly 27, 2012
Pros: busy shifts
Cons: not enough shifts
- very busy days at work
- i progressed in my time management skills
- co workers were great to work with
- the shifts going from days to nights was hard to adjust to.
- I enjoyed being busy.
Fun Workplace
Seasonal Room Attendant (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONJune 19, 2012
Pros: fun staff, amazing customers
Cons: only seasonal
Fun Workplace, good experience. I enjoyed working here. I loved that staff and costomers. Great place to work.