Blue Knight Security Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Bad Company and Horrible Management, but good security experience.
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 January 2018
I consider myself to be a professional S.O. with over 7 years of security experience. Blue Knight Security was the last employment I ever applied for a security officer position.

Some great colleagues can be found in the company. However, No benefits or job security while I was a full time employee. Union is absolutely useless and redundant. You will never hear from them. At the time (probably still is) the union representative had a unique partnership tied to V.P. Never received a response or assist from the union, only from the mouth of the V.P. directly. Most disagreements with management will warrant threats of "holding cheques" or threat of termination against you. Supervisory positions often are certain to be acquired, but with little benefit to them. Advancements only can be acquired through favouritism and not seniority or performance. More replacement Supervisors than I can count during my tenure at B.K.S.

Be comfortable acquiring shifts in just a short few hours prior, 12 to 14 hour shifts, and long commutes out of town to sites. Be sure not to disagree with ANY management or you'll find yourself out of a job.

Good experience though for a security guard.
Pros
Good experience and some good colleagues.
Cons
No Benefits, Redundant Union, Long Hours, No Job Security, No Advancements, Horribly Salary (Pre-2018), Horrible Management.
If it sounds to good to be true...
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 April 2017
Owners of Blue Knight Security use people.
They will tell you that you are "Like Family" but when you show that you disagree with them, you're gone.
Long hours on short notice.
Cons
Low pay
Co-op
Co-op Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 February 2017
This job was alright it taught me the basics about being a security guard. the people that i worked with where very nice and willing to answer any questions that i had.
A good and fair place to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 January 2016
Usually during over night watch very peaceful but always stay alert cause there no warning of what go bump in the night management seem to care co,worker some are natural complainers other are nicer In the winter the job is cold and wet if you are in your car you waste gas to keep warm with no compensation but over all it a nice job for a semi retired or somebody looking forrea steeping stone to a career in security
Pros
Not to physical labour
Cons
12 hours shifts not the best wage