Is Currently Hiring
This is a permanent full-time position beginning as soon as a suitable candidate is found. The Program Leader provides direction and guidance to the team and to the individuals receiving support in the development and implementation of support plans and procedures. The Program Leader monitors employee performance and team functioning, adheres to the philosophy and policy standards of the association, and ensures that support is of the highest quality for each individual receiving support. The Program Leader is also responsible for providing direct support. Education and experience in the area of community access and residential programs will be an asset.
- A Disability Studies or related Human Services degree or diploma or interest in pursuing a degree or diploma
- Three years of experience in the disabilities field.
- Supervisory or management experience in the Human Services field would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills
- The ability to work as a team player as well as be the team leader
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
BHSSA has an excellent training program for mandatory courses.
For information or a detailed job description contact:
Twila Dutchak, Human Resources Coordinator
Blue Heron Support Services Association
Box 4238 Barrhead, Alberta T7N 1A2
For further information contact Twila at 674-4944 ext 304
Note: Your resume should include a list of employer references and further include permission for BHSSA to contact any or all references. Criminal Record (CPIC) and Alberta Child Services (ACS) checks will be required prior to employment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted