Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
not well organized, slopy management, rude
Sales Coordinator/Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 September 2015
Un-organized managers, poorly planned systems, and hard on workers and and hard to contact ans too many people doing same.job...Disappointed because the product is good but unfair services to employees.
Pros
get to see cute pets
Cons
disorganized, rude, not planned well, horrible manners
Inside of Blue Buffalo Corp Associates
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2015
My typical day of work is just talking to customers/pet -parents like we have been friends for a very long time, you have to make them trust you.I sell mainly food for dogs and cats and its rated #1 trusted brand all over America and Canada. I trust Blue Buffalo, if there's any type of issue you may have, I can solve that issue by asking you questions and read your behavior with the response you give.

I have learned that there's going to be some situations you can't help them with and there's no product that could help their fur baby. They would just have to take them to the vets. I have learned love that you receive from the pet parents by caring for their fur babies. Trust eventually grows on the pet parents whether it's something you've done or said. Failure to me was never an option, I never gave up, I would do what was best for them.

My management is awesome, she's smart, calm, open-minded, she's there when I need her help, she loves hearing our stories about how our day went but simply discusses how can we make things even better not only for ourselves but the pet-parents too.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help the pet-parent by the end of the day. It makes me feel terrible, but if we don't have a certain product in stock we get another manager to find this certain product. But there are some cases that I've had where I've told them "I'm sorry but I simply just can't help you any further because your animal needs to go to the vets" then in some cases they come back empty handed. It's difficult very difficult, but the most hardest of all is leaving
  more... this job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to communicate about the pet parents fur babies, they all have quite the personality regardless of how big or small, short or furry. By the end of the day my world evolves around them and just helping them during a time that's needed the most. Make's me feel incredible they are not your ordinary customer they are family.