Blue Buffalo

Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Fun and Amazing Job
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC28 April 2016
Once I arrived at work, I would begin cleaning up mu area and then start helping customers with their needs. I learned that many people can be interested in trying new products, all you have to do is fill them with knowledge of who your brand really is. My co-workers were fun to work with and others not so much, but as a worker I was always respectful. The hardest part of my Job was when the store was empty, I got really bored not having anything to do. The most enjoyable part of my job was, when I spoke to the customers and I learned so much about them, than just what type dog food they were looking for.
Pros
Benefits with Dog Food
not well organized, slopy management, rude
Sales Coordinator/Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 September 2015
Un-organized managers, poorly planned systems, and hard on workers and and hard to contact ans too many people doing same.job...Disappointed because the product is good but unfair services to employees.
Pros
get to see cute pets
Cons
disorganized, rude, not planned well, horrible manners
Inside of Blue Buffalo Corp Associates
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2015
My typical day of work is just talking to customers/pet -parents like we have been friends for a very long time, you have to make them trust you.I sell mainly food for dogs and cats and its rated #1 trusted brand all over America and Canada. I trust Blue Buffalo, if there's any type of issue you may have, I can solve that issue by asking you questions and read your behavior with the response you give.

I have learned that there's going to be some situations you can't help them with and there's no product that could help their fur baby. They would just have to take them to the vets. I have learned love that you receive from the pet parents by caring for their fur babies. Trust eventually grows on the pet parents whether it's something you've done or said. Failure to me was never an option, I never gave up, I would do what was best for them.

My management is awesome, she's smart, calm, open-minded, she's there when I need her help, she loves hearing our stories about how our day went but simply discusses how can we make things even better not only for ourselves but the pet-parents too.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help the pet-parent by the end of the day. It makes me feel terrible, but if we don't have a certain product in stock we get another manager to find this certain product. But there are some cases that I've had where I've told them "I'm sorry but I simply just can't help you any further because your animal needs to go to the vets" then in some cases they come back empty handed. It's difficult very difficult, but the most hardest of all is leaving
  more... this job.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to communicate about the pet parents fur babies, they all have quite the personality regardless of how big or small, short or furry. By the end of the day my world evolves around them and just helping them during a time that's needed the most. Make's me feel incredible they are not your ordinary customer they are family.
Fun sales position
Sales Representative/ Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  On site pet stores12 November 2013
Working for Blue Buffalo allows you the freedom to work for yourself. You get to determine your work schedule, and you given the responsibility self-manage without a direct manager on site.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Part-time hours
Terrible Employer. Poor Management and intimidation tactics
Account Manager-Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2012
Blue Buffalo is one of the worst condescending organizations. The job was the lowest paying compared to what competitors offered. Although I learned a lot about pet nutrition on my own accord, it was not appreciated. The hours were minimal consisting of 4-8 hours a week if I was lucky. It was an overall boring job standing around. Yet it was very competitive selling against other brand manufacturers when business picked up. No bonuses were ever given for performance. I never met any of the staff except for my manager who I saw twice in two years. They never appreciated the extra hours I did when I had to assist a customer after my shift was completed. They had a very poor reporting system of faxing in time sheets causing miscommunication. This resulted in the manager threatening to fire people who could not get their reports in time because the fax was busy. Although the product is good the marketing and sales infrastructure is the worst I've EVER seen!
The only thing I enjoyed was working with the customers and helping make their pets healthy. Even that was overlooked my management.
Pros
none!!
Cons
unappreciative management, lousy pay, threat tactics, poor training, long distance management from the united states, high turnover, poor morale, no perks, no discounts on product