Blue Buffalo

Blue Buffalo Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun sales position
Sales Representative/ Product Demonstrator (Current Employee), On site pet storesNovember 12, 2013
Pros: making your own schedule
Cons: part-time hours
Working for Blue Buffalo allows you the freedom to work for yourself. You get to determine your work schedule, and you given the responsibility self-manage without a direct manager on site.
Terrible Employer. Poor Management and intimidation tactics
Account Manager-Outside Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: none!!
Cons: unappreciative management, lousy pay, threat tactics, poor training, long distance management from the united states, high turnover, poor morale, no perks, no discounts on product
Blue Buffalo is one of the worst condescending organizations. The job was the lowest paying compared to what competitors offered. Although I learned a lot about pet nutrition on my own accord, it was not appreciated. The hours were minimal consisting of 4-8 hours a week if I was lucky. It was an overall boring job standing around. Yet it was very competitive – more... selling against other brand manufacturers when business picked up. No bonuses were ever given for performance. I never met any of the staff except for my manager who I saw twice in two years. They never appreciated the extra hours I did when I had to assist a customer after my shift was completed. They had a very poor reporting system of faxing in time sheets causing miscommunication. This resulted in the manager threatening to fire people who could not get their reports in time because the fax was busy. Although the product is good the marketing and sales infrastructure is the worst I've EVER seen!
The only thing I enjoyed was working with the customers and helping make their pets healthy. Even that was overlooked my management. – less

March 20, 2013

I think because of us Pet Detectives is the absolute reason why BB is ranked #1 and not because of the commercials or that its the best quality food. There are so many other natural pet foods that are good and affordable such as Simply Nourish to name a few. Not to mention, I am in agreement with you that we should get a discount on the food. How can we afford that on our salaries right? The reporting software or GPL is a joke. I hate the fact that I have to email my manager everytime I put a store a date wrong when creating my schedule.

April 28, 2013

They want you to run around like a chicken with your head cut off to approach everyone. If you spend too much time bonding & educating a pet parent on nutrition they criticize you because there were one or two people you could have approached. The goals are impossible. NO POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT just constant brow beating. I have been with them a few years & have not gotten a raise even though I received a bonus for high sales. Now I see on their job site that they want people to agree to drive 25 mi. That's 50 mi round trip for a 4 hr shift on your dime. So if fuel is $3.50 a gal that's $7 fuel cost not counting oil, tires, insurance, your time etc. They don't pay for 3 hrs a month sending reports & reading & responding to e-mails either. The turn-over rate is phenomenal for a reason ! I am still there because I am hoping to move & it would be helpful to have a job at my new location & possibly a better manager. But from what others have said I doubt that will happen. There are other companies that are good & pay much better.

About Blue Buffalo

Just like you, we’re dog and cat lovers, pure and simple. We don't "own" our dogs and cats; they are family – Read more