Blue Arrow

Blue Arrow Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Catering
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), Coventry, UKFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch and drinks, the people
Cons: insecure
No experience or knowledge is ever wasted. Working as a catering assistant (outside study time- MBA) was really fun- the cooking, the 'eat whatever you want' lunch breaks, the washing up time, the clearing, and the relationships formed. The consultants were very good and friendly too.
Working with Blue Arrow was enjoyable
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee), London, ENGNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Work included doing titration tests for checking hardness of water and detergent levels. Recording of temperatures of freezer, wip chiller, despatch chiller and food assemblyincluding the temperatures of food stored in the chillers and freezer.
Checking for the quality of food visually taking photographs editing and making reports. Daily hygiene audits, – more... weekly auditsand daily shift reports.
I learned to make different types of reports, audits work on excel and word.I got good support from my co workers. – less
Insecurity
PUTAWAY (Current Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGNovember 17, 2014
The most important were the first two days ,because all those informations processed suddenly made you believe that you will not be able to fit in.That is just a feeling because every job have a probation time .Well it was pretty easy after a week ...
My co-workers :extraordinary people ,still sometimes it seems like they doesn't really want to work – more... ,they are just passing by .Maybe it's to monotonous job .(take the pallet truck,move the boxes ,scan into location)Still i'm not sure for how long they need my services. – less
Productive company
All rounder (Former Employee), OxfordNovember 11, 2014
Pros: never the same place
Cons: never the same place, need permanent
I loved working for them,however none of the jobs were permanent.
They have a great relationship with all their staff and care for their well-being when out on a job.
Excellent communication
Good to work for
Employee (Current Employee), exeterNovember 7, 2014
Enjoyed working for them as they help you to find a job that fits your needs and thestaff are easy to talk to and always in contact
drury's
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee), Stevenage, ENGOctober 30, 2014
Pros: free drink
Cons: long hours
will not be spocken to like i did when i am not a menber of stuff there
Productive work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milton KeynesOctober 15, 2014
Cons: long hours
I was dealing with general complains,incoming faxes,emails and post,answering telephones. I was scheduling employees and making sure they get paid for the hours they worked and motivate them to do better.
The hardest part of the job was that I had to deal with deadlines;but being highly organised helped me a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... that I loved to work under pressure and I had the opportunity to improve my skills. – less
Working in a friendly groop
Support Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee), MaidstoneOctober 3, 2014
Cons: long working hours
Account Management of a demanding Contract at National Account of Blue Arrow,
daily service visits to monitor KPIs and update timesheets
Managing workforce, including managing adequate volume of FEs, rotas, requirements, performance management, and managing the exit procedure of leavers
hold Monthly reviewing with Branch manager
managinig and follow – more... up candidate availability – less
...
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), leedsSeptember 30, 2014
work was interesting
I meet there so many people
I had a chance working 6 days in a weak if I want
A good place to work a friendly busy environment
part time receptionist (Former Employee), WHITTONSeptember 20, 2014
A buzzing firm with friendly staff, worked part time for many years. Has been good for me in the past due to having a small child and only needing part time work now looking to extend my hours and might still be able to keep my hours if a Monday to Friday position is available as love this job.
Immediate start but no pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee), GlasgowSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: temporary work nothing provided
Delighted to have been accepted for work with this mob after the first week my pay never arrived . Second week it still never arrived. Third week after numerous attempts to contact them from the second week onwards there mistake saw me waiting a further week for any pay . Once they got there finger out i was paid but almost £100 short and had to chase – more... that up.

Constantly phoning them as they make to many errors on payrole unproffesional .

Left in the dark about temporary work contract after promising to keep the right staff on.....

Total sham of a company avoid if you can i took the risk by reading the reviews and disregarding them be prepared to be messed about left right and centre. – less
productive
Agency Worker (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: getting lots of exsperiance
Cons: moving to one job to another
great place to work, fun to do lots of different work for lots of companies.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), USCAugust 27, 2014
Cons: staff communication
Could have been better and management could have been a bit more helpful.
no good
warehouse reach truck (Former Employee), peterborough ikea warehouseAugust 20, 2014
Pros: nice canteen
Cons: as above
ikea Peterborough, unreliable, short days, last minute phone calls saying no work today........katja untrustworthy

October 7, 2014

bad apples, ikea treat agency staff like dirt, talk down to them, use and abuse

casual but unreliable
Catering Assistant/ Bar staff (Former Employee), NottinghamJuly 30, 2014
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: temp work
exciting opportunities at random jobs, however very short lived but learn new skills at different jobs
Good Agency
Warehouse operative - order picking/packing (Former Employee), Andover, ENGJuly 16, 2014
Working in co-operative warehouse.
I was using LLOPs for order picking on ambient and in chill.
Targets are high but always had mine that is why I start orking for Co-Operative it self after probation period.
Hard work but fun
Warehouse operative (Former Employee), Prologis ParkJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good hours allowed me time to pick up my kids
Cons: bending and heavy lifting
Atypical day at work involved picking and packing a lots of different stuff driving a lollop, some staff were friendly and that made a day easier. The main focus is on meeting your target for that day. the hardest part of the job is bending and lifting this irritated my back causing pain. I learnt how to drive a lollop and to use voice- recognition – more... control to log work. the most enjoyable part of my day was the driving. – less
Productive and Fun work place
Administrator (Current Employee), londonJuly 8, 2014
Pros: free tea and occassional meet and great sessions
Cons: different projects and different short term locations for temps
A productive environment and work place . I have been assigned by Blue Arrow to different locations and different project within capita . This has exposed me to different professional ethics, companies internal policies and structure and the most enjoyable part meeting alot of people within the various sectors .
productive
Waiter Service (Former Employee), birminghamJuly 8, 2014
keeping up hygiene standards
checking daily stock
great customer service
time management
N/A
N/A (Former Employee), NorwichJuly 7, 2014
Great place to work always keeping busy, Management was good

1 2 3 4 5

About Blue Arrow

Blue Arrow is one of the UK’s largest recruitment businesses, dedicated to providing bespoke staffing solutions through – Read more