Blue Arrow

Blue Arrow Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Catering
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), Coventry, UKFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: free lunch and drinks, the people
Cons: insecure
No experience or knowledge is ever wasted. Working as a catering assistant (outside study time- MBA) was really fun- the cooking, the 'eat whatever you want' lunch breaks, the washing up time, the clearing, and the relationships formed. The consultants were very good and friendly too.
good work experience
Horse racing events customer service (Current Employee), Swansea City, WLSApril 16, 2014
Pros: meeting people from different works of life
Cons: not too many hours of work
nice place to work in. Enjoyed the work. there was not too many hours offered work payment to make a living out of. would go to work at any time that is rewoired of you depending on when the client needed you there or when an event is starting.
Learnt a lot about cummunicating skills
Got along well wiyh co-workers and did a lot of team work
Hardest – more... part of the job was getting home at late at night by myself which is a bit daunting.
most interesting part of the job is meeting different types of people all the time – less
Fun workplace, best team I have ever worked with.
Out of Hours Recruitment consultant (Former Employee), LutonApril 7, 2014
This was by far the best job I have had so far and I hope to advance and become a better employee as I have picked up most of my new skills from this workplace. Very good training was given when I first started, co-workers and the manager were a delight which was probably the most enjoyable part of the job, the team.
The work consisted of taking over – more... the workload from the local branches when they close and we help continue to deal with bookings for clients, sickness calls, queries and giving excellent customer service.
A fast paced environment dealing with many calls from clients, consultants and candidates I gained very good telephone manners, confidence in dealing with different situations. At times it can be repetitive due to the admin duties but over the phone lots of different situations arose which never made the workload dull. – less
Alright employer
picker and packer (Former Employee), milton keynesApril 7, 2014
Good shift information, paid on time. no problems.
Worked for Uson as actual site
Warehouse (Former Employee), Shaw, OldhamApril 2, 2014
Your left to work on your own initiative to get on with your job. I learnt the system of my floor and the process of packing products, printing out invoices and sorting out any problems. My shift was 4pm till 12pm. Which meant I had to be in the building for 3.30 to get ready and collect my tools to start my job at 4pm.
friendly
Courier Driver (Former Employee), Edinburgh, SCTMarch 31, 2014
Pros: excellent holiday pay scheme
as a courier driver i got to know other regions of Scotland and challenging deliveries especially throughout the Borders
Pretty Standard Driving Agency
Agency Lorry Driver (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGMarch 25, 2014
Never had any complaints personally with staff, although communication can be a little "wanting" at times. I don't think that the company is very much different to any other, though, in this respect.
Fast paced Envrionment
Bar manager (Former Employee), London, TwickenhamMarch 24, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours without breaks
Managing bars at Twickenham Rugby Stadium

Opening/closing
Managing large teams
Administrational duties
working with systems
Handling large sums of money
some accountancy duties
Adidas as a company is ok
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee), trafford parkMarch 21, 2014
Fun place to work.
The idea of alternating the shift is a great idea
With this no one is permanently waking too early to start at 6am
fair
driver (Current Employee), Swansea, WLSMarch 20, 2014
having worked in hgv/lcv fitting for approx 42 years i decided to move in a different direction and do driving work which i enjoy...i joined blue arrow a couple of months ago doing add-hoc work as required. i find them quite helpful and a good stop gap until i find permanent employment.the staff are helpful and friendly.
Productive and fun place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), LondonMarch 19, 2014
I have developped new skills, while I have approached new customers dealing with various queries and I have always met their needs
A good variety of work.
Che de partie (Current Employee), London, ENGMarch 19, 2014
Pros: choosing you working hours.
Cons: work is not always constant.
Working for an agency that deals mainly with contract catering within the City of London you are certainly kept on your toes. You may be sent to a client for one day or six months. On occassions I've been sent to four different kitchens in one week. You learn to think on your feet pretty quickly. Some days you'll be working in the staff canteens as – more... part of a team producing food for 100 to 600 people another you might be working in hospitality producing food for the directors. I frequently get repeat booking form companies such as Commerzbank, INGbank, Astrazenica, Nokia and The Treasury. I spent almost a year at The Queen Elizabeth II Conference centre and was lucky enought to prepare food for our Olympic atheletes after the parade through central London. The company itself has treated me well and I've worked with some great people, many of which I hope I get the chance to do so again. – less
shouldnt exist
agency bakery worker (Current Employee), bathgateMarch 10, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: very poor management
Worst company ive ever worked for. Management dont know what they're doing. When you turn down A shift with good reason they dont give you another for weeks. When you turn up after being asked to work, 75% of the time you're turned away because the place doesn't know you're meant to be there.
Adidas Trafford Park Blue Arrow
Picker/packer (Former Employee), Trafford ParkMarch 5, 2014
Pros: good quality on site meals, can be fun
Cons: being there through blue arrow
Adidas would have been a great place to work if i was actually had a contract with them. I was on the pick pack department which was fun most of the time and would of happily carried on working there, But because i was an agency worker i earned A LOT less than the people who worked for adidas and had non of the benefits they had, apart from a quarterly – more... sale of stock at VERY low prices but most of it you wouldn't buy at retail and was a pretty poor selection of goods for a company as big as Adidas.

I have no problem with foreign workers but i feel it should be said that British workers were in the minority.

For the first 3 months you are guaranteed no amount of hours and i was sent home for weeks at a time, After that you either get let go or given a 2 year contract in which you were only guaranteed 7.5 hours a week.

Over time was expected not requested and would end up in you being out of the door if you didn't do over time enough (Knew a guy who'd been there years got fired because he wasn't doing the kind of overtime they wanted, he was blue arrow staff.), but would have no problem sending you home if work was light.

Of the 5 months i was there I only witnessed one person get a 2 year contract from Blue Arrow, Everybody else like myself were given the boot.

I was called on a monday morning 4 hours before my shift to be told not to come in anymore. Like most agencies the management are fairly pleasant while you're working for them but when that's over so are the pleasantries. – less
agency work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), leicesterFebruary 27, 2014
was not there that long but ok agency, would recomend if you wanted agency work
parcil delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), east midlandsFebruary 24, 2014
as a parcel delivery driver I was responsible for what we called time critical delivery's so it was fast paced and areas varied the only reason I left was that the work was only agency at the time
Great Company, Great People
Various (Current Employee), WatfordFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: many
Cons: nothing
I have worked for Blue Arrow for a number of years and have always been treated with the upmost professionalism. I would reccomend Blue Arrow for anyone looking for short term Temp work or a Permanent long term career.
profible
Catering assistant (Former Employee), cardiffFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: no food
Cons: long hours
the manger ok.
work all over the place

differplace all time

people skill
Great place to work!
Resourcing Consultant / Administrator (Current Employee), HarrowFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: helpful & friendly staff, great working environment.
Having been temping for Blue Arrow since Octoer 2012, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. There is a always a very friendly & productive atmosphere, and staff are always extremely helpful. I initially thought I would only be working over the Christmas period, & over a year later I'm still here! From my personal experience I have found Blue Arrow – more... always look out & care for their staff, and help & support is always given where needed. Very enjoyable & great company to work for, definitely would reccomend! – less
Outstanding Agency
Resourcing Consultant (Former Employee), HarrowFebruary 14, 2014
Having been employed as a flexible worker for a number of years, I have no hesitation in recommending Blue Arrow as the most helpful and efficient of all the agencies I have worked for. I am always paid on time and have been given ample opportunity to expand my skill set in order to become more employable. All the staff are easily contactable and great – more... at providing to swift resolutions to any queries. Highly recommended. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Blue Arrow

Blue Arrow is one of the UK’s largest recruitment businesses, dedicated to providing bespoke staffing solutions through – Read more