Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Review

View all Bloomstar Bouquet reviews

Busy but rewarding
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2013
I have worked for this company for about 6 months. I find expectations are laid out from the beginning. The holidays are busy and you do work extra (as it is the flower industry). The managers always do their best to accomadate time off requests.
The staff are friendly and try to help eachother out.

I feel valued as an employee, and someone is always there to listen if I have an issue or concern.
Pros
Fast paced, fun environment, great co-workers
Cons
Busy holiday seasons

Other Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

Good during the busy season
Florist (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB1 December 2017
This job was relatively easy, at times it was repetitive and boring.
Every day you would restock the display. Every couple days you would change the water and food in the flower buckets and rework the broken flowers.

Most the time you were standing around trying to find something to do unless it was the busy season, ie; Valentines, Christmas, Mothers Day, Thanksgiving or Wedding season. During those times you were running back and forth from the cooler to the displays. You were usually so busy you didn't have time to have a lunch or take a break.

We were promised commission if we reached a certain goal of flowers sold, only the goal was based on sales of last year, the year they introduced the commission, sales had dropped so it was never reached.
Fun and dynamic work environment
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC16 July 2017
I love flowers and working in a flower distribution company was fun. It was a dynamic environment. I love to drive and I enjoyed the time driving to different places such as Ottawa, Sherbrook, Quebec -different places in Montreal. It was not easy driving on the winter time. However, I enjoyed visiting places such Trois RIvieres. Quebec city and Chicoutimi. As a supervisor, it was a challenge and motivated position. I enjoyed helping the employees to understand the importance of the quality of the flowers and the client's satisfaction.
Pros
sometimes free flowers
Cons
Driving on winter time