Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Review

View all Bloomstar Bouquet reviews

lots of running back and forth.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton. at 50th st and 137 ave.4 September 2013
Don't listen or deal with complaints that come from any of the floral girls. They don't have any family values towards any females who are mothers and who are married. Management was verbally abusive constantly to me. Treated me like like I was garbage. I never took any time off in the two years I worked for them. They refuse to show any respect to you as a worker and also treat the customers like scrap to. When head office screws up on any orders, they refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes. They expect the floral girls to take the hit for it. If you are are mother or are married, do not work for them. They don't care about your family. Management will yell and scream and embarrass you in front of customers. No regard for you or the customers that you deal with on a daily basis. They don't teach you anything and you don't have and opportunities for advancement. You don't get any increases in your pay either.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
long hours. no respect from management. you don't learn anything from them.

Other Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

Good during the busy season
Florist (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB1 December 2017
This job was relatively easy, at times it was repetitive and boring.
Every day you would restock the display. Every couple days you would change the water and food in the flower buckets and rework the broken flowers.

Most the time you were standing around trying to find something to do unless it was the busy season, ie; Valentines, Christmas, Mothers Day, Thanksgiving or Wedding season. During those times you were running back and forth from the cooler to the displays. You were usually so busy you didn't have time to have a lunch or take a break.

We were promised commission if we reached a certain goal of flowers sold, only the goal was based on sales of last year, the year they introduced the commission, sales had dropped so it was never reached.
Fun and dynamic work environment
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC16 July 2017
I love flowers and working in a flower distribution company was fun. It was a dynamic environment. I love to drive and I enjoyed the time driving to different places such as Ottawa, Sherbrook, Quebec -different places in Montreal. It was not easy driving on the winter time. However, I enjoyed visiting places such Trois RIvieres. Quebec city and Chicoutimi. As a supervisor, it was a challenge and motivated position. I enjoyed helping the employees to understand the importance of the quality of the flowers and the client's satisfaction.
Pros
sometimes free flowers
Cons
Driving on winter time