Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Review

View all Bloomstar Bouquet reviews

Would not recommend working for them
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton.15 October 2012
I only lasted there several months. I was left alone not really knowing what to do. There was several emergencys where I needed to contact a supervisor. I contacted both my area as well as head office supervisor and no one ever called me back. I was asked if I could work at a different location and said I could but only under certain Circumstances. So I did not make plans for that weekend. They never got back to me to let me know if I was working. I would do exactly what I was told to do then the next morning they would complain about my work. I have been verbally attacked by Costco employees as well as customers. But I can't do anything about it because the supervisor is never there. Other employees used me untill they got what they wanted. I handed in my letter and they still wanted me to work the long holiday weekends. I also did not find it fair that the one full time employee made commotion. When everyone was gone on holidays except for me, the full time employee got all my commission I mad when I had a 7,000 day which is extremely unfair since i was the one who worked.
Pros
none.
Cons
awful hours, did not take into consideration i am a student, treated me like garbage, i had to fight for a day off, never got any schedules.

Other Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

Good during the busy season
Florist (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB1 December 2017
This job was relatively easy, at times it was repetitive and boring.
Every day you would restock the display. Every couple days you would change the water and food in the flower buckets and rework the broken flowers.

Most the time you were standing around trying to find something to do unless it was the busy season, ie; Valentines, Christmas, Mothers Day, Thanksgiving or Wedding season. During those times you were running back and forth from the cooler to the displays. You were usually so busy you didn't have time to have a lunch or take a break.

We were promised commission if we reached a certain goal of flowers sold, only the goal was based on sales of last year, the year they introduced the commission, sales had dropped so it was never reached.
Fun and dynamic work environment
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC16 July 2017
I love flowers and working in a flower distribution company was fun. It was a dynamic environment. I love to drive and I enjoyed the time driving to different places such as Ottawa, Sherbrook, Quebec -different places in Montreal. It was not easy driving on the winter time. However, I enjoyed visiting places such Trois RIvieres. Quebec city and Chicoutimi. As a supervisor, it was a challenge and motivated position. I enjoyed helping the employees to understand the importance of the quality of the flowers and the client's satisfaction.
Pros
sometimes free flowers
Cons
Driving on winter time