Bloomstar Bouquet Employee Reviews

NOT a Good Place to Work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 September 2016
Horrible place to work!! stay away from them ! find anything else that treat you like a human not as a slave!!!! I don't have words to describe how bad my experience was with them!.Managers are extremely rude and don't care about others!!
Pros
nothing pro !!!!
Cons
everything!!! about them
Long hours, under paid and under valued.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 January 2016
This was a good company to work for but new management came in and all goes downhill. The flower quality has suffered and no wonder they are loosing costco stores most recently stores in edmonton. The new management is over paid and the hr lady is plastic and fake. No one trust them and no wonder moral is going downhill. Please take back the company before there's nothing to take back.
Pros
dld management
Cons
new management
lots of running back and forth.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton. at 50th st and 137 ave.4 September 2013
Don't listen or deal with complaints that come from any of the floral girls. They don't have any family values towards any females who are mothers and who are married. Management was verbally abusive constantly to me. Treated me like like I was garbage. I never took any time off in the two years I worked for them. They refuse to show any respect to you as a worker and also treat the customers like scrap to. When head office screws up on any orders, they refuse to take responsibility for their mistakes. They expect the floral girls to take the hit for it. If you are are mother or are married, do not work for them. They don't care about your family. Management will yell and scream and embarrass you in front of customers. No regard for you or the customers that you deal with on a daily basis. They don't teach you anything and you don't have and opportunities for advancement. You don't get any increases in your pay either.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
long hours. no respect from management. you don't learn anything from them.
fun, fast-paced, detailed, productive
floral merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab7 August 2015
I worked for bloomstar as a full-time merchandiser and loved my job. There are many little details that you have to keep in mind however, in less then a week of training you will get the hang of it :) Management is patient and kind and are always there if you need any help! This is a fun job especially once you settle in and know your costumers well and meet new ones everyday. I worked at the NE location at Costco 56.
Thank you Lina for being an awesome and supportive manager!
Pros
Working with flowers, good pay, awesome management!
Cons
there were none for me
Not Recommend To Even Buy Their Products
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC6 November 2014
I was a sales associate for one of the Costco Locations in BC and let me tell you the Management there treats you which such as disrespect first of all they call their employees by bad names. They blame you for their mistakes. They say that they will be there for you and never show up. Too much running back and forth they expect you to do things like a robot, The supervisor was from another culture. And overall they DO NOT VALUE YOU AT ALL.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No respect for their employees
Fast and busy workplace
Branch Supervisor - British Columbia (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 January 2016
Busy environment with multitask and fast decisions, lot learning in logistics, import and export, good environment and growing company across Canada
Fun but sometimes stressful
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2015
I only worked at the Regent Costco in Winnipeg for a few months 2013- May 2014 but did enjoy the job. I learned something new doing inventory and what its like to work in a Costco! It was stressful during the holidays but at least you were moving and getting exercise. I had the opportunity to meet 2 of the sons from the company and they seemed very nice and helpful! I have moved and sadly there are no opportunities in my area now :(
Pros
Working with flowers, meeting lots of people, having a sense of pride in your work as its visible to a lot of people
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2015
Was a fun place to work if you like working with flowers all day as well as the people are really nice and the pay isnt bad as well
Pros
Fun place
Cons
N/A
I love working for BloomStar, but there's not much to do!
Fleuriste (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC12 November 2014
Working for this compagnie was great, really! I loved it. But there is no hours and no work to do. I learn how to do inventories, but over all, the management wasn't good. I was always missing flowers and had to deal every week end with my superviser to receive an order during the day. The work is solo, and sadly, it gets lonely.
productive fun
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2015
fun place to work for . family company great people good pay room for advancement hfhf hfhfh fhfhf hfhfh fhjkwhe jwhebre
experience
floral manager at costco (Former Employee) –  regent costco winnipeg31 October 2014
loved and miss my position as the floral manager at costco. there is not a day that i do not miss going to work in the costco environment and doing what i love Playing with flowers. Customers always commented on how I represented the flowers and knew there was a true love between what the customer wanted, and what I could fulfill. However, if the position would have been run by costco and not bloomstar, I would have been there forever and a day

Comment – November 30, 2014

I was the floral manager until march 2013 in that location. loved my job. if i could have worded what you just said, that would be the god honest truth. I would have stayed there forever as well, loved costco, flowers, just not bloomstar. no wonder why costco got rid of them

Comment – December 1, 2014

there is no wonder why bloomstar does not have the contract for manitoba and sask. anymore. costco is moving in on bc to get rid of them

Would not recommend working for them
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton.15 October 2012
I only lasted there several months. I was left alone not really knowing what to do. There was several emergencys where I needed to contact a supervisor. I contacted both my area as well as head office supervisor and no one ever called me back. I was asked if I could work at a different location and said I could but only under certain Circumstances. So I did not make plans for that weekend. They never got back to me to let me know if I was working. I would do exactly what I was told to do then the next morning they would complain about my work. I have been verbally attacked by Costco employees as well as customers. But I can't do anything about it because the supervisor is never there. Other employees used me untill they got what they wanted. I handed in my letter and they still wanted me to work the long holiday weekends. I also did not find it fair that the one full time employee made commotion. When everyone was gone on holidays except for me, the full time employee got all my commission I mad when I had a 7,000 day which is extremely unfair since i was the one who worked.
Pros
none.
Cons
awful hours, did not take into consideration i am a student, treated me like garbage, i had to fight for a day off, never got any schedules.
Busy but rewarding
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2013
I have worked for this company for about 6 months. I find expectations are laid out from the beginning. The holidays are busy and you do work extra (as it is the flower industry). The managers always do their best to accomadate time off requests.
The staff are friendly and try to help eachother out.

I feel valued as an employee, and someone is always there to listen if I have an issue or concern.
Pros
Fast paced, fun environment, great co-workers
Cons
Busy holiday seasons
Extremely fast-paced in the morning before 10 am.
Floral Display Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kitchener5 April 2012
Excellent quality for the price bouquets. Call me if yu need me.
Pros
many happy fresh bouquet, 'rose' bouquet shoppers <:)

2.2