Bloomberg

Bloomberg Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company with good compensation!
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free food (pantry full of snacks), good compensation (medical, dental, and vision - 100% covered)
Cons: Limited career growth and job opportunity
I truly think Bloomberg offers a lot including good compensation, medical benefits, and big pantry full of snacks. You get to meet a lot of different people. However, there are limited of job growth and opportunity if someone want to grow their career. It is good on the resume and you gain a lot of experience for entry level. But the company need to work on providing more growth for their employees. Otherwise people are stuck doing the same routine job every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Radio Board Operator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
I learned how to work in a financial setting and was immersed in a productive and fun workplace. I work with many great people that push me to not only work as hard as they do but are always willing to help me in my a career.
Great place to work!
Business Development Executive and Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMarch 10, 2015
Pros: exceptional product, excellent co-workers, great benefits, and an all around excellent experience
A typical day was 10-12 hours ...
Learned to work collaboratively across verticals with exceptionally bright co-workers on multi-million dollars projects
Managed the midwest territory and travelled monthly.
I was responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, managed a pipeline and met with high level decision-makers across multiple categories - financial, education, tech, luxury, b2b. Presented strategic programs which included Bloomberg's suite of media products including TV, Radio, Print, Digital and Mobile.
The most enjoyable part of my tenure there was the long-term relationships that I had with both internal and external clients and knowing I created win-win partnerships that kept my clients coming back year after year.
Work is great, never boring. Very busy and constantly changes
New Jersey Site Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Skillman, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, a lot of weekend work, always on call.
Very busy during the day. Learned how to run a facilities, such as operations, maintenance, managing vendors. Setting up furniture, creating floor layouts. Invoicing
Management is constantly changing.
Great co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is being on call all the time, and working lot of weekends.
Most enjoyable is providing customers service, and being able to assist. The days are never the same!
Bloomberg
Sr Computer Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
A great place to work, Lots of stuff to learn and they have a School
that can get you up to speed, should you have any difficulty with some applications.
Great work environment, limited upside potential
Product Manager - Trading Apps & Connectivity (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: open environment
Cons: limited upside
Bloomberg is a very nice place to work. Employees are well taken care of with excellent health benefits, work from home privileges and 3 weeks vacation. The business is very process driven and has a heavy hand from R&D. Very young and open atmosphere. Pantry's on various floors provide more than ample (free) snacks/drinks and soup is often served for lunch.
Great Workplace
Equity Index Analyst Temp (Current Employee), Skillman, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, snacks all day
Unique culture
no offices
everyone sits shoulder to shoulder.
no cubicles
everyone viewed as equal
great benefits
Overall Culture wonderful, management needs to be re-org'd
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Skillman NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free healthcare
Cons: management, room for advancement
Management is a mess, a result from promoting the wrong people into positions of leadership. Overall, management needs to be reorganized.
Great place to work, uphill battle for temps
Temp (Current Employee), Skillman, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: environment & free food
Cons: no formal training for temps
Office environment is very relaxed.
Free lunch & full stocked kitchen is stupendous
Smart and creative coworkers
Brand makes experience here very valuable

If you're a temp without meaningful connections, chances are you won't get hired full time. Compensation is very lacking for temps as well.
career only, no family / work balance
Project Manager, QA (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2015
co-worker great. 17 years was a long time to work there. All management had private agendas.
Not a place for the weak a heart to work. they would not last 2 weeks.
All the food anyone would care to eat! (Late night shift though)
French Data Analyst (Former Employee), Skillman, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Long hours, tedious work with three computer screens. Unlimited snacks and beverages. Second shift work, lots of experience using Bloomberg terminal and MS Excel.
Great Culture with free food
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2015
I loved working at a place where there was a 24 hour pantry with everything you could imagine. People are really nice there but the Help Desk is demanding and tough.
Great company with great employees.
Professional Security Officer (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: job security
checking in employee and guest at access point.
hard work pay.
great management
great co workers
Productive and fun
Junior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 13, 2015
great cafeteria, office is very nice with great security and grounds people
Jr Financial Analyst
Jr. Financial Analyst (Contracted) (Former Employee), Skillman, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free food, connections
Cons: contracted
I enjoyed my time with my team and my management. I worked with the profiles department and learned a lot about excel.
Low to medium level aspirations.
Earnings Estimate Analyst (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great working environment, nice people, great facilities.
Cons: room for promotion, compensation, employee valuation.
Data intensive processing jobs on the whole. Very little room for intensive analysis. Lots of call-centre similarities.
Typical Working Setting
Account Receivable Analyst/Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Project Manager and liaised with clients to diagnose account discrepancies, including reapplication, prepayment, and refunds, and proactively coordinated with cross functional teams to manage and solve clients' concerns and inquiries.
Great place to start a career
Financial Analytics Representative (Former Employee), London, UKDecember 24, 2014
Bloomberg had some great people, and the work environment was fun. The London office was fantastic, and we were offered all sorts of perks including a kitchen, discounts and deals, and a Friday night happy hour. The drawback was the work was not that intellectually challenging. I learnt how to work well in a team and deal with challenging customers.
Senior Integration business analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
good place to work, good benefit and Team. In skill man we get free lunch and pantry full of healthy snacks .. cakes in evening

Unlimited drinks and cola
A fantastic organization
Bloomberg Employee (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Bloomberg is a fantastic organization that has grown tremendously. Great opportunities for someone starting out their career or someone with a passion for innovation in finance, fin-tech, media and engineering.

About Bloomberg

Bloomberg is a company dedicated to helping solve complex challenges through insight and information. Our strength—quickly – Read more