Bloomberg

Bloomberg Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work culture
Portfolio & Risk Analytics Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New YorkJune 16, 2014
Company emphasizes its people, from recruiting the best talent to providing industry leading health care benefits
Great workplace
Profiles Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 11, 2014
Great place to work. It was enjoyable and meals were great!
Management was great and helped a great deal with training.
very stressful environment
Collections and Refunds Representative (Former Employee), 120 park aveJune 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long commute
Started at 8 and ended the day at 5.Management always looking over shoulder to see that your numbers were upto date .
Good enviorment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Skillman, NJMay 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: computer based
Bloomberg is a great place to start your career. I like my co workers and the assignments are meaningful.
wonderfull experience
financial analyst (Former Employee), bangloreMay 31, 2014
Pros: awards based on perfornmance
Cons: we should work more houres on peak period
I am very proud to became the part of a multinational company like Infosys for our client bloomberg..

the management are very friendly attitude people .... no work pressure.. so i enjoyed lot during the work ..
Micromanagement and Limited Skill Building
Senior News Analyst / Headline Editor (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 19, 2014
Bosses, not leaders. Notorious culture of micro-managers that look to weed out any non-conformists or black sheep. If you're a worker bee or afraid to speak up, you'll fit in. If you question the oft poor thought out planning and lack of vision, it's not a place for you. Bloomberg was once a place of innovation and creativity---sadly, those days have – more... passed. – less
Good
Bloomberg Industries Summer Analyst (Former Employee), Skillman, NJMay 15, 2014
Rewarding work, plenty of perks too. Really enjoyed the content of my work, though disappointed in not having much of a voice in decision making process.
Great Culture and Work Life Balance
Japan - Core Terminal Sales (Current Employee), Tokyo JapanMay 5, 2014
A typical day at work begins with internal meetings and answering to any overnight inquiries from clients. Afternoons are booked with customer meetings.
Love its efficiency
Economic Statistic Data Researcher (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIApril 2, 2014
The lifestyle itself in Hong Kong is notoriously fast pace. A typical work day for me is from 8am to 6pm and surrounded by 3 to 4 monitors at my desk. I do not complain about my hours, and in fact, I actually feel blessed compare to those who work until midnight (It happens all the time).

However, to speak the truth, I do not enjoy being surrounded – more... by 4 monitors with fixed setting on brightness because they started hurting my eyes after staring at them for a long period of time, and I tried different ways to adjust the level of brightness but still it did not work. Yet, I grew to like having more than 2 monitors in terms of working efficiently, I love how quickly I can get my job done without switching between tabs, especially I dealt with high volume of financial data and researching in companies.

For management style, it really depends on who. Everyone has ones own belief and definition on efficiency, professionalism, style to approach individuals etc. Nonetheless, the overall style I get from them is very supportive.

Hardest part of the job is communication on internal group chats. Everyone has brilliant ideas, however, in order to glue all the pieces together does take time to 1) step back and organize and 2) rethink it thoroughly.

Most enjoyable part of the job is to get to work with many brilliant minds. – less
Productive and Fun
Analytics (Former Employee), LondonMarch 25, 2014
lots of good people
number one software for financial industry.
Its a nice process
process Analyst (Current Employee), BangloreMarch 3, 2014
Pros: free cabs, gym and all the fecilities.
In pick season we will have lot of work. I learned about the all excel and about process I learned the whole process. How to analyze the equity research report and financial summary as well. merger and acquisition and about Bloomberg what it exactly do.
Great place to work and Good benefits
Finance Engineer (Former Employee), NycFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: not challenging for my growth
I have worked at this place and enjoyed working with different groups.
I would recommend this place to everybody.
Very Competitive, Great Experience
Equity Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, vast experience
Cons: very competitive
Everyone I've worked with is intelligent, hard working, and fosters a great positive environment. Advancement is very competitive so if that is the type of environment you prefer then this is the place for you.
Hard work is not rewarded. Focus on relationships
ABS Research Analyst (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: if you just focus on being visible, you will succeed
Cons: very low pay, and no opportunities for advancement
Unfortunately, this company only rewards relationships and not product/market knowledge. Most of my peers that actually understand financial markets have found better roles in other companies.
Unique Environment
Risk Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: pantry and health incentives
Cons: long hours
Days are pretty much the same the most important task is to remain consistent and deliver the best of what Bloomberg has to offer for clients and vendors alike,
Great company
Financial Analytics Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2014
Great culture, very entrepreneurial, compensation good for the hours but not on par with a bank.
good place to work
Equity Data Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: training
good place to work, free lunch, relaxed environment. career advancement and training are not the best but you have to take a hold of your career. no one will hold your hand.
Overall a good company but not much room for advancement and slowing business model
Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee), Skillman, NJJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: culture and work life balance
Cons: no fresh ideas to grow company
A good company but not many prospects for future growth. Management doesn't have any fresh ideas because they refuse to bring in managers from the outside. Pay is below average but probably fair for the work and hours required. A great place to start a career but tough to get out once in. Most jobs don't transfer well.
Excellent
Field Support Technician Intern (Former Employee), ManhattanDecember 20, 2013
Pros: great break room and friendly co-workers
Cons: none i can see except it didn't last
Nothing bad to say about the company. Everything was great and I wish I could have stayed longer. My co-workers there made me feel like family and important.
Gained a lot of information daily!
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2013
The typical day included helping Bloomberg clients all around the world with their financial needs such as providing information that is located on the Bloomberg terminal in order for them to progress more in their work! Bloomberg helped clients make better and wiser decisions by providing them with the most up to date information on the market.

About Bloomberg

Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by – Read more