Bloomberg

Bloomberg Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Decent spot to work
Lead Architect and Developer (Former Employee), West Hollywood, CAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Innovative
Cons: Agile, Strict Tech Stack
Overall a great place to work. Don't have many complaints... there is a high turnover rate. The management seems to be cool but just like any large organization things happen like unexpected job loss, etc...
Fun Workplace
Fixed Income Sales (Current Employee), London, ENGMay 10, 2015
Good fun workplace with a good balance. Doesn't allow for much progression in the long run, not challenging for ambitious individuals
Co-workers
Quantitative Research (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2015
Excellent team, great manager, abundant innovations and team spirit. Steep learning curve. Great experience as first job. Interesting projects which execute the full potential of employees.
Excellent place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 4, 2015
Good place to work and have good team to work with. Learning is an ongoing process if we are with good and knowledgeable team members.
Great company culture
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), hong kongMay 1, 2015
Work load is not big, and great working environment for mothers and women in general. HK office environment was very friendly.
Bloomberg is a great place to work with
Global Technical Support (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: benefits, management, location, pantry
Cons: Work/life balance, management
Colleagues are great - enjoy working with them
Benefits are great
Learning potential is high
Company culture is great
Management are both pros and cons -
Stats and metrics are very important
Potential growth is there but can be hard
Good place to start you Career in Financial Services
RESEARCH ANALYST (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 30, 2015
Lots of Growth opportunities. Good place to start our career in Market Risk and Portfolio Risk.

- Worked as Research Analyst in the Portfolio Risk team at Bloomberg.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
It was a constiant pace job. I enjoyed to work very much and would work a Boeing again. The coworkers were great people and always will to train and help a fellow employ
Financial Analyst
Financial Product Sales (Current Employee), LondonApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Great Training, Great Culture
My position at Bloomberg is multi-faceted and involves constantly analysing quantitative information whilst liaising with my clients on a daily basis. As a Leader in Global Business and Financial information, Bloomberg are constantly innovating via technology to assist our clients in making smarter decisions. Accompanied with my unique approach to solving client queries, which require me to absorb a vast volume of information and communicate effective and efficient solutions,illustrates my aspiration to work in an environment where I can apply myself with the same dedication.
Excellent
Junior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Skillman, NJApril 4, 2015
Excellent atmosphere, friendly and intelligent coworkers. Good work. Complex software, but great experience for someone looking to be knowledgeable of the Bloomberg Terminal. A unique experience that not everyone has access to.
hardworking paced enviroment
work experince (Former Employee), Liverpool Street LondonMarch 31, 2015
I was on lots of different areas within the company, such as media to the post room.
I was shadowing a lady as she was a managers P.A. and I learnt a lot, like how to be organised, keep to deadlines, help when needed, and take note in a meeting
Good company with good compensation!
Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free food (pantry full of snacks), good compensation (medical, dental, and vision - 100% covered)
Cons: Limited career growth and job opportunity
I truly think Bloomberg offers a lot including good compensation, medical benefits, and big pantry full of snacks. You get to meet a lot of different people. However, there are limited of job growth and opportunity if someone want to grow their career. It is good on the resume and you gain a lot of experience for entry level. But the company need to work on providing more growth for their employees. Otherwise people are stuck doing the same routine job every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Radio Board Operator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2015
I learned how to work in a financial setting and was immersed in a productive and fun workplace. I work with many great people that push me to not only work as hard as they do but are always willing to help me in my a career.
Great place to work!
Business Development Executive and Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, New YorkMarch 10, 2015
Pros: exceptional product, excellent co-workers, great benefits, and an all around excellent experience
A typical day was 10-12 hours ...
Learned to work collaboratively across verticals with exceptionally bright co-workers on multi-million dollars projects
Managed the midwest territory and travelled monthly.
I was responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, managed a pipeline and met with high level decision-makers across multiple categories - financial, education, tech, luxury, b2b. Presented strategic programs which included Bloomberg's suite of media products including TV, Radio, Print, Digital and Mobile.
The most enjoyable part of my tenure there was the long-term relationships that I had with both internal and external clients and knowing I created win-win partnerships that kept my clients coming back year after year.
Work is great, never boring. Very busy and constantly changes
New Jersey Site Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Skillman, NJMarch 10, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, a lot of weekend work, always on call.
Very busy during the day. Learned how to run a facilities, such as operations, maintenance, managing vendors. Setting up furniture, creating floor layouts. Invoicing
Management is constantly changing.
Great co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is being on call all the time, and working lot of weekends.
Most enjoyable is providing customers service, and being able to assist. The days are never the same!
Bloomberg
Sr Computer Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 9, 2015
A great place to work, Lots of stuff to learn and they have a School
that can get you up to speed, should you have any difficulty with some applications.
Great work environment, limited upside potential
Product Manager - Trading Apps & Connectivity (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: open environment
Cons: limited upside
Bloomberg is a very nice place to work. Employees are well taken care of with excellent health benefits, work from home privileges and 3 weeks vacation. The business is very process driven and has a heavy hand from R&D. Very young and open atmosphere. Pantry's on various floors provide more than ample (free) snacks/drinks and soup is often served for lunch.
Great Workplace
Equity Index Analyst Temp (Current Employee), Skillman, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, snacks all day
Unique culture
no offices
everyone sits shoulder to shoulder.
no cubicles
everyone viewed as equal
great benefits
Overall Culture wonderful, management needs to be re-org'd
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Skillman NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches, free healthcare
Cons: management, room for advancement
Management is a mess, a result from promoting the wrong people into positions of leadership. Overall, management needs to be reorganized.
Great place to work, uphill battle for temps
Temp (Current Employee), Skillman, NJFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: environment & free food
Cons: no formal training for temps
Office environment is very relaxed.
Free lunch & full stocked kitchen is stupendous
Smart and creative coworkers
Brand makes experience here very valuable

If you're a temp without meaningful connections, chances are you won't get hired full time. Compensation is very lacking for temps as well.

About Bloomberg

Bloomberg is a company dedicated to helping solve complex challenges through insight and information. Our strength—quickly – Read more