Blinds To Go/Le Marché du Store Inc. is the leading manufacturer/retailer of blinds & shades in North America. We are constantly redefining the window treatment industry, with the largest made to order selection of blinds assembled directly at our Montreal, Qc and Lakewood, New Jersey manufacturing facilities.
Currently, we operate over 80 stores located in Quebec, Ontario and the US. Over the next few years we intend to continue our growth through both, new store openings and same-store revenue increase. Our growth generates lots of excitement and opportunities for high potential individuals.
The Accounting and Finance Manager is responsible for leading the team into the timely production of quality deliverables on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate is able to develop solid working relationships within the team as well as team up with other managers in other service lines (e.g. manufacturing, retail etc…) The candidate would be responsible for generating monthly financial statements and overseeing all revenue, expense and balance sheet analytical analysis. Given the importance of culture in our company, the candidate must be a well-rounded general manager, with a deep understanding of business in additional to having strong technical accounting and financial management skills.
- Accounting designation (CA preferred)
- Ideally, eight to ten years of relevant work experience post undergraduate
Ideal background would include;
- Minimum of 5 years auditing experience with major accounting firm
- Experience as part of finance or accounting team of retailer, consumer goods company or manufacturer
- Experience managing or supervising personnel
- Corporate tax knowledge a definite asset
- Strong finance and accounting skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Hands-on person with interest in further developing general management and leadership skills
- Strong personal accountability
- Entrepreneurial with strong desire to help build a company
- Day-to-day manager of a strong finance and accounting team that serves as partners to operating managers
- Help coach and develop finance team members
- Support and lead the team to produce monthly financial statements that comply with Private Enterprise GAAP
- Maximize use of technology to ensure process simplification and improvement.
- Foster a positive and professional work environment
- Work with key operating managers to develop and maintain good internal controls and discipline within an entrepreneurial business.
- Lead the financial budgeting process
- Modify and update models/systems to better reflect business operations
We customize the training of all new candidates based on individual evaluations. Our training includes rotating into numerous roles within our organization to learn the business, the corporate culture and to develop the important internal relationships needed to successfully grow into this leadership role.
Blinds To Go. Building a great company…one person at a time.
Visit us at www.blindstogo.com