Graphic Designer Internship (Coal Harbour, Vancouver)
BLENDER is an integrated digital agency focused on investor communications. With over a decade of experience in investor communications, and 250+ clients, we are continually growing and innovating. While we are a young, fun, crew of professionals we're proud to be one of Canada's fastest growing companies.
Our Coal Harbor head office has an opening for a non-paid Intern Graphic Designer on our team. Do you have a passion for great design and production? Do you want to work on the development of a growing world-class brand? Are you fun? If so, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Project Manager & Creative Director the successful candidate will posses a well-rounded suite of design and production skills that will enable him/her to execute proactive and transactional design activities that support our clients and our marketing and communication objectives.
Responsibilities for the role include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
- Help fulfill projects from concept to completion (creative design, production and print ready files)
- Complete work on time, and to client's satisfaction
- Play a role in development of projects by establishing the conceptual and stylistic direction of the project
- Production and management of print material
- Prepare files for digital and offset print production
- Design and adaptation of image assets and content for clients website
- Development of tradeshow related collateral for clients
- Design and layout of case studies and white paper
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies and printer partners
- Collaborate with communications team on projects and press assets as required
- Collaboration with other departments on various design-related activities as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree or diploma in design (or close to completion)
- Highly proficient in Adobe suite of programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator -- MAC & PC)
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, work independently and in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task & attention to details
- Strong Communication skills
- Proofreading skills Ability and willingness to take direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create new materials while following brand guidelines and messaging strategy
It would be nice to have:
- Ability and comfort in communication with clients
If you feel that your skills and capabilities match up to the position as described above and you want to take your career to the next level with one of Canada's fastest growing, please send your URL/portfolio, resume with a detailed cover letter in either Word or PDF format, and a quick write up on why we should choose you to careers-design @ blendermedia.com
For the right candidate, this internship will turn into a full time career with competitive wage.
We appreciate all applications; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.