Blackthorn Group – Brampton, ON
We are an Accounting Firm looking for a Full Time Accountant. We are a positive, growing, fast paced organization.
Only apply if you have energy, a positive attitude and are driven to succeed.
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Wage: $/Hour depending on qualifications in conjunction with a competitive bonus program
Location: Brampton, Ontario
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Enrollment in CGA or CMA required.
- Strong Canadian GAAP knowledge and financial statement disclosure
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills including but not limited to QuickBooks, Profile, CaseWare
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Proactive solution-seeker who will ensure statements and information provided are produced in a timely, accurate manner.
- Able to teach in a classroom setting
- Must be available to work evenings
Responsibilities: Tax Prep & Bookkeeping
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare corporation income tax (T2) returns and schedules using the General Index of Financial Information (GIFI)
- Post recurring and non-recurring journal entries in the correct ledger accounts
- Prepare and file government remittances, including: WSIB, GST/HST and source deductions remittances
- Prepare T4’s and T5’s
- Calculate and post employee payroll in accordance with Canadian employment law and labour
- Review bookkeepers work and make necessary changes
- Prepare reconciliations for corporate bank accounts and credit cards.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants please submit resumes and cover letter by responding to this advertisement.
Please kindly include a cover letter and resume clearly referencing the position you are interested in and why you are a fit for the position.
Phone calls will not be accepted. Thank you for applying.
At Blackthorn Bookkeeping, we are dedicated to your financial health as well as improving your business environment and your financial...