Blackthorn Group – Brampton, ON
We are an Accounting Firm looking for a Full Time Accountant. We are a positive, growing, fast paced organization.
Only apply if you have energy, a positive attitude and are driven to succeed.
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Wage: $/Hour depending on qualifications in conjunction with a competitive bonus program
Location: Brampton, Ontario
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Enrollment in CGA or CMA required.
- Strong Canadian GAAP knowledge and financial statement disclosure
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills including but not limited to QuickBooks, Profile, CaseWare
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Proactive solution-seeker who will ensure statements and information provided are produced in a timely, accurate manner.
- Able to teach in a classroom setting
- Must be available to work evenings
Responsibilities: Tax Prep & Bookkeeping
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare corporation income tax (T2) returns and schedules using the General Index of Financial Information (GIFI)
- Post recurring and non-recurring journal entries in the correct ledger accounts
- Prepare and file government remittances, including: WSIB, GST/HST and source deductions remittances
- Prepare T4’s and T5’s
- Calculate and post employee payroll in accordance with Canadian employment law and labour
- Review bookkeepers work and make necessary changes
- Prepare reconciliations for corporate bank accounts and credit cards.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants please submit resumes and cover letter by responding to this advertisement.
Please kindly include a cover letter and resume clearly referencing the position you are interested in and why you are a fit for the position.
Phone calls will not be accepted. Thank you for applying.
Indeed - 8 months ago