Blackmon Mooring

Blackmon Mooring Employee Reviews

Moved from DFW to Houston to work and back to DFW
TOP Salesperson Consistently (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 February 2017
I began working with Blackmon Mooring (BMS) in 2001. My position was a new one.On call 24/7 Seven days a week. I am and was impressed with the teams and crews' dedication to be the best they could be. The opportunity to help people in need was and is rewarding.
The company went through some changes (2003) and needed me in Houston, later I was able to move back and work with Blackmon Mooring in the DFW area.
I resigned in 2007, I just needed a change from the 24/7 Seven days a week work.
Pros
Work very rewarding
Cons
Letting people know how valuable BMS was and how they could help
February 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing this on Indeed! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept us at the top of our field for almost 70 years! Helping others in need is what Blackmon Mooring and BMS CAT do best, and I’m glad you share our passion. We were lucky to have you as part of our team.

Great Place to work
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 December 2016
Very fun interesting place to work. they will make you feel right at home. The hours are fair and the people you work with are very helpful. the management is great to.
January 10, 2017

Thank you for sharing this on Indeed! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us! Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept Blackmon Mooring at the top of its field for almost 70 years! You are definitely an asset to our team.

Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX18 December 2016
They were awesome. I enjoyed my time with them. I even left and returned. A great team work environment. It is very busy there and always different everyday.
January 10, 2017

Thank you for this glowing review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your role with our Midland team. We treasure employees like you that possess a strong work ethic; they truly improve the culture across all of our locations. I absolutely agree that each day brings new challenges, which makes our company an exciting place to work. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Blackmon Mooring
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX21 October 2016
I was Project Manager at Blackmon Mooring for 2 years.
I learned that I am capable of wearing many hats with them, and running multiple projects.
Management for the most part was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Co-workers were also very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was managing 68 jobs at one time.
The most enjoyable part was my home owners,bonuses, awards(being recognized) and upper-management support.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Micro Management
November 3, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience as a Blackmon Mooring employee! I am pleased to hear that your time with us helped to grow your confidence in the professional world, as well as challenge you to keep a positive attitude through difficult tasks. Also, mentioning the home owners and customers in your review shows that you are the type of caring and dedicated employee that we search for to help fill our ranks. You were an asset to our Austin team and we are pleased to be on your resume as a stepping stone in your career.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

A high paced demanding place to work.
Es mator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX3 October 2016
Very little accountability from the management positions. Should be a fun and exciting career but there is no structure which puts the majority of the burden on the last person in line to catch the buck.
November 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as an estimator/project manager at our Austin location. Your position is one of our most challenging positions within the company. In regards to the lack of structure that you found within our Austin location, It sounds like you were with us during the flooding event last year. During that time, we had a significant surge of business and I know it placed a lot of heavy lifting on our Austin team, including you.

I am pleased to say that we have finished the work from the storm and our construction team in Austin has become one of our most productive construction groups in the company. We have learned much from the storms and I appreciate you taking the time to be candid regarding your experience with Blackmon Mooring, you and our employees make us better.

Bad Reputation
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TX29 August 2016
Unfortunately, Blackmon Mooring has an apparent negative reputation among past customers, creating a negative effect on future ones. Not enough work, and single kids get better jobs than men with families. When the work is there its good pay, but when its not, its impossible to make bills. Very unstable.
Pros
Good commision when theres work.
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, unstable, not enough work.
September 21, 2016

Thank you for posting this review and for bringing these issues to my attention. You are correct that a poor reputation in a small town like Amarillo, TX can be detrimental to a business, but we are working daily to improve communication, efficiency, and build a team of positive and dedicated employees. In fact, we now have a 5 star rating on Google+! Along with this new online face, we are also implementing other marketing techniques and putting a new focus on commercial work.

Thank you again for your feedback, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Fast paced environment, long hours, dangerous working conditions
CREW LEADER (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TX22 March 2016
Blackmon Mooring is an excellent place to work if you are in need of a decent paycheck and don't mind putting in the hours to get there. The job is different everyday and you never know what to expect. During the busy season the pay is good but doesn't quite compare to the hours you put in. The Operations manager is probably the best boss I have ever had but the upper management is lacking in quite a few areas. The turnover rate is insane with most employees staying for a few weeks at most. The employees that last however are for the most part very fun to work with. Overall with new management I think this is a company that has the potential to return to the once great company everyone knows it to be.
Pros
good pay, changing environment.
Cons
unstable hours. very poorly managed
April 19, 2016

I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on your job experience with us. I am so glad you enjoy your job and like working with our Operations Manager and the team around you. It is fast paced and hard work and we find that is a reason we have turnover ,due to the 24/7/365 commitment we have for our clients we serve. I did notice two comments you made that I would like to gain more information from you. 1) you mentioned “dangerous working conditions” and 2) “upper management” are concerns to you. I would love to hear your concerns so that I may help. If you are not comfortable speaking with me, please feel free to contact our Human Resource department and they will relay the information to me so I may help.

Very Family friendly place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 February 2016
My typical work day was consisted of meeting with home owners, sub contractors, bank representatives, insurance adjusters, and building inspectors. These meetings were necessary for the rebuild process of both commercial and residential insurance based construction projects.
Pros
Worked alone most of the time
Cons
not much time to myself after work hours
February 29, 2016

Thank you for posting the above review of Blackmon Mooring! As a project manager, your role is essential to ensuring our customers have the best experience possible – so we appreciate your dedication, long hours and hard work. The hours definitely can be long, which is why this role might not be ideal for some people, but very rewarding at the same time. Seeing the smile on our customers face, regardless if we helped to get their business back up and running or a homeowner’s house turned back into a home after a disaster, is truly priceless. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Way too much drama for my taste
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TX5 January 2016
Overall I enjoyed working here but there was way too much drama, no opportunity for advancement, and home life was very limited while working here. I enjoyed helping customers, meeting new people and getting paid weekly.
Pros
Medical was paid for by the company
Cons
Favortism
January 15, 2016

Thank you so much for this review! I’m glad you enjoyed your time with us. Our call center representatives are usually the first and last contact our customers have with our business and we appreciate this essential division of our company. It is a fast paced environment and demands a lot of team work. In regards to advancement, we have countless employees that have been with us, and will stay with us, for years to come. As with any large business with 70 years under its belt, this is a marathon with a good strong team, rather than a solo sprint to the top. I’m glad you enjoyed helping customers! “Helping others in times of need” has been one of our mottos since we first began offering restoration services, and we were privileged to have a caring person such as yourself as a part of our team. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 November 2015
I was always busy. Made good money during the winter season for water damages that always seem to occur when pipes would freeze and flood homes.
January 4, 2016

Thank you for the positive review of our company! I agree that this is a great industry to be in, especially for people like you with great work ethic. This dedication is what sets us apart from our competitors and will keep Blackmon Mooring thriving for many years to come. We were fortunate to have you as a member of our team!

Stressful Job Environment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 September 2015
Aside from a good couple of people the management at this place is horrible. You don't get paid enough for the work that you do and the company tries to stretch its dollar as much as it can so that the higher ups can get a bigger bonus at the end of the year. Most of the workers that this company hire have some kind of criminal background history or are uneducated/unprofessional.
Pros
You get paid every week
Cons
Everything else
January 4, 2016

Thank you for this review. I’m sorry that you feel that you were not paid enough during your time with us. We consider our pay to be more competitive than other companies in our industry, and proudly pay 100% of our employee’s insurance premium. I can assure you, we run criminal background checks on all of our employees and perform random drug screenings throughout all of our locations. Before an employee steps in front of a customer he or she will be trained in customer service and professionalism. We hear great feedback from our customers every month about how courteous and efficient our teams are. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Not very great.
Assistant Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Houston22 May 2015
I did not find this job to be a place of advancement. I did not like anything possible about the job. I did not like the managers nor the employees, The managers were not clear on their expectations.
Pros
pay every week
Cons
everything is a con
January 7, 2016

Thank you for your review and feedback! I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your time working here, but appreciate your candid comments. One of my top goals for 2016 is employee engagement, which includes taking a pulse on where our organization currently stands regarding workplace satisfaction, feeling valued and appreciated and much more. In fact, I recently hired a third-party vendor to execute an employee survey, and created an internal task force to help review and develop action plans from the survey results to address opportunities for improvement and to continue the best practices we have developed over the years. If you would like to speak with me further, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

A dynamic workplace with highly trained technicans.
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 May 2015
A diverse company that takes a lot of pride in customer satisfaction. They deliver repair and install services that includes but not limited to Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Electrical and Appliances.
February 29, 2016

Thank you for your shining review! The earliest founders of Blackmon Mooring built their business on reliability, quality and superior customer service. Today, we follow the same principles that we were founded upon. In addition to the services you listed, we proudly perform carpet and air duct cleaning; water, fire and storm restoration; mold remediation, and document cleaning and restoration. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

A cool place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX21 October 2014
its a cool job I just don't like being on call. the work is easy i have no problem wit the work. Co workers are cool. The hardest part of the job is being on call when u with your family you have to drop everything and leave.
Pros
you can be off at any time
Cons
healthcare
January 4, 2016

Thank you for this review! Being on call is difficult and we truly appreciate your dedication and commitment to our emergency team. We are so grateful to our team members for leaving your families in the night and on weekends to help others in need. I see that you listed healthcare as a con. This is puzzling because we proudly pay 100% of our employee’s health insurance premium. Again, we understand that being on-call comes at a sacrifice with your loved ones. However, the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Great Learning Experience
Assistant Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, New York15 July 2014
A lot of fun creating original patterns and constructing garments.
January 4, 2016

Thank you for this five star review! However, I think it is on the wrong page. We clean garments and upholstery after fire and water damage, but we do not create or construct them. I believe you are looking for BMS Fashion, and I’m sure they would be proud to see your comments.

Very fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL1 July 2014
Meet new and different people everyday. Very upbeat place to work and time always went by really fast. Family environment and it felt like a second home.
Pros
Lunch Breaks were great
Cons
No Health benefits
January 4, 2016

Thank you for this review! I am thrilled that you felt at home with our company. I noticed you listed health benefits as a con. We have included our CAT team in our insurance program and now proudly pay 100% of our employees’ health insurance premium. It’s one of the many amenities that sets us apart from our competitors.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

This job had promise but inconsistent
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX6 June 2014
Very good job but limited in advancement and pay increases. Many times work was slow.
I liked it
Crew Lead/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX11 December 2013
the job kept me busy which i love there was never a dull moment unless we were on our way to the next site
Very easy once you know the market.
Commercial Acct. Mgr (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX30 September 2013
At some point this position was so easy it became unsatisfying as it was no longer challenging.
This although is my own opinion and could be a great place for others.
Pros
Worked with great people!
Cons
Not challenging enough.
nothing but lies!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX5 August 2013
Blackmon Mooring came to me with an offer for the Operations Manager position. I was told up front I would work 40-50 hours per week. On-call 1 week per month. This quickly turned to 90-100 hours per week and on-call every other week. They ask way to much out of a single employee. I had about 7 different titles and was required to perform each position flawlessly. My typical started at 7am, home around 11 or 12 pm. No family time at all. They will lie to your face to get what they want!
Pros
NONE
Cons
Nothing but lies!