Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT Employee Reviews

Blackmon Mooring Atlanta
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA4 May 2017
Great company, great management. Typical work environment for the restoration field. 24 hour emergency services means crazy work hours. Overtime is a positive.
Hostile work environment
Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma18 March 2017
Everything is very secretive even amongst management and no chance for advancement or a raise. Gm has favorites and they run the show. If you are not in that click your days are numbered regardless good work performance. Expect 7 Day work weeks and your quality of life to go down the drain with no recognition.
Pros
Helping good people
Cons
Hours, hostile work environment, pay for the hours you work and most of the coworkers
4 April 2017

Bobby,

I am sorry that you feel the environment for you as our Operations Manager in OKC was not a positive one. We certainly understand that our business model is a 24/7/365. The work/life balance may not be a good fit for everyone. In regards to your concerns about advancement, secrets and the “click” around the store location. In regards to advancement, we currently have four General managers and an two executive vice presidents that have been promoted within our company to their current position. I want that number to increase, but we do have advancement within our company. Lastly, in regards to a “click” in OKC, I take your comments serious and will discuss with our General Manager. We do not support that type of culture within our company. Bobby, thank you for your comments and I appreciate the time you invested with our company and the long hours and hard work you put forth in an effort to take care of our customers in OKC in a time of need. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Very unprofessional and unreliable workplace
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX10 March 2017
I worked here since Janurary of 2017. Since then I've witnessed lack of professionalism from supervisors, fights between employees and employees getting let go as soon as they put their two weeks in because the supervisor doesn't want to deal with them anymore. Poor materials are given to employees if they even have any to give at times, trucks with only one door working with expired stickers and engine lights flashing. Every truck has very bad breaks, just to name a few of safety harzards at this Blackmon Mooring location in San Antonio. Besides the safety harzards, supervisors lack basic respect and responsibility towards not only employees but customers. The supervisor has certain employees dealing with customer's rather than doing his job himself. He's even said it himself in front of all employees "I'm not dealing with this customer anymore and I will not answer any of her calls anymore so don't bother me about her she's a mess." I wish this wasn't real. This location is an embarrassment to Blackmon Moorning. Employees who have been caught with fraud, l intercourse on job sites, and fighting still have their job here. As soon as I put my two weeks, I was let go two days later when I was needing to speak to the supervisor about an older and experienced employee giving me a hard time throughout my job and his words were "I don't care, since you put your two weeks in just go." Shocked but not surprised. He had me escorted off the property because he didn't want to deal with me. It's a terribly low pay for the amount of work we do here. Most people that work at this location  more... are stuck here because they wouldn't be able to get away with the things they do at another workplace. VERY TOXIC ENVIRONMENT. Look elsewhere!  less
Pros
Everything is a joke
Cons
Everything is a joke
23 March 2017

Thank you for your review and candid comments. I’m sorry to hear that you feel such animosity towards the Management team at this location, and it’s very unfortunate that you felt disrespected and unappreciated in your two months with our company. First, I take your comments very seriously. The safety of our employees is the most important piece of our culture. I will talk with our General Manager and be assured that our trucks and equipment are in compliance with DOT and safe to operate. Secondly, I will address your concerns regarding your experience with our supervisors and co-workers. We expect our supervisors to lead by example and treat our clients and employees with respect and integrity.

Moved from DFW to Houston to work and back to DFW
TOP Salesperson Consistently (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX13 February 2017
I began working with Blackmon Mooring (BMS) in 2001. My position was a new one.On call 24/7 Seven days a week. I am and was impressed with the teams and crews' dedication to be the best they could be. The opportunity to help people in need was and is rewarding.
The company went through some changes (2003) and needed me in Houston, later I was able to move back and work with Blackmon Mooring in the DFW area.
I resigned in 2007, I just needed a change from the 24/7 Seven days a week work.
Pros
Work very rewarding
Cons
Letting people know how valuable BMS was and how they could help
21 February 2017

Thank you for sharing this on Indeed! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept us at the top of our field for almost 70 years! Helping others in need is what Blackmon Mooring and BMS CAT do best, and I’m glad you share our passion. We were lucky to have you as part of our team.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

best temp job ive worked in
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Austin, TX2 February 2017
worked here temporarily when the were relocating to another ware house and it was the most fun and memorable warehouse I worked in
30 March 2017

Thank you so much for this review! Our Austin location is a big store and we truly appreciate your help on this project. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with Blackmon Mooring. You seem like a caring a hard working employee and hopefully we will work together again someday.

No movement or raises
Radio room (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TX1 February 2017
Company doesn't offer you the ability to move if your not hired for a job past the glass doors. You are a third class employee. They don't offer pay raises. I have had one in 7 years.
30 March 2017

Thank you for providing this review. I’m so sorry to hear that you feel unappreciated. Our Radio Room specialists are a huge part of our corporate team and the driving force behind the entire Emergency Response department. We truly appreciate all of you. I’d like to address your concerns with raises and advancement. Just last year we analyzed our current compensation plans for all departments against nationwide compensation plans for similar jobs, and across the board, even in the radio room and call center, we were well above the average total compensation. We also proudly pay 100% of our employee’s health insurance premiums, which provides substantial financial relief for every employee at Blackmon Mooring and BMS CAT. On promotions and position advancement, every opening is posted on Indeed and on our company websites. Anyone in our current staff is more than welcome to apply for any position available. In fact, a member of your team recently interviewed for an ERC position, not to mention both of your supervisors started in the same position you are in now.

Thank you again for your comments and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

It's an okay place to work.
Demolition Laborer (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX18 January 2017
There isn't much to glaot about, but it's a fast paced work environment, the company can put pressure on the right people to get done what needs to be done.
3 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! You are correct; this is a very fast paced industry, and we are so grateful to the men and women that work long, sometimes odd hours to help families in need.

Thank you again for your feedback and if you would like to speak to me in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

President Blackmon Mooring/BMS CAT

Great Place to work
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 December 2016
Very fun interesting place to work. they will make you feel right at home. The hours are fair and the people you work with are very helpful. the management is great to.
10 January 2017

Thank you for sharing this on Indeed! I am so happy to hear you are enjoying your time with us! Hard working, positive and dedicated employees like yourself are what has kept Blackmon Mooring at the top of its field for almost 70 years! You are definitely an asset to our team.

Great Company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX18 December 2016
They were awesome. I enjoyed my time with them. I even left and returned. A great team work environment. It is very busy there and always different everyday.
10 January 2017

Thank you for this glowing review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your role with our Midland team. We treasure employees like you that possess a strong work ethic; they truly improve the culture across all of our locations. I absolutely agree that each day brings new challenges, which makes our company an exciting place to work. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Blackmon Mooring
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX21 October 2016
I was Project Manager at Blackmon Mooring for 2 years.
I learned that I am capable of wearing many hats with them, and running multiple projects.
Management for the most part was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Co-workers were also very helpful.
The hardest part of the job was managing 68 jobs at one time.
The most enjoyable part was my home owners,bonuses, awards(being recognized) and upper-management support.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Micro Management
3 November 2016

Thank you so much for sharing your experience as a Blackmon Mooring employee! I am pleased to hear that your time with us helped to grow your confidence in the professional world, as well as challenge you to keep a positive attitude through difficult tasks. Also, mentioning the home owners and customers in your review shows that you are the type of caring and dedicated employee that we search for to help fill our ranks. You were an asset to our Austin team and we are pleased to be on your resume as a stepping stone in your career.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

A high paced demanding place to work.
Es mator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX3 October 2016
Very little accountability from the management positions. Should be a fun and exciting career but there is no structure which puts the majority of the burden on the last person in line to catch the buck.
4 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as an estimator/project manager at our Austin location. Your position is one of our most challenging positions within the company. In regards to the lack of structure that you found within our Austin location, It sounds like you were with us during the flooding event last year. During that time, we had a significant surge of business and I know it placed a lot of heavy lifting on our Austin team, including you.

I am pleased to say that we have finished the work from the storm and our construction team in Austin has become one of our most productive construction groups in the company. We have learned much from the storms and I appreciate you taking the time to be candid regarding your experience with Blackmon Mooring, you and our employees make us better.

Bad Reputation
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TX29 August 2016
Unfortunately, Blackmon Mooring has an apparent negative reputation among past customers, creating a negative effect on future ones. Not enough work, and single kids get better jobs than men with families. When the work is there its good pay, but when its not, its impossible to make bills. Very unstable.
Pros
Good commision when theres work.
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, unstable, not enough work.
21 September 2016

Thank you for posting this review and for bringing these issues to my attention. You are correct that a poor reputation in a small town like Amarillo, TX can be detrimental to a business, but we are working daily to improve communication, efficiency, and build a team of positive and dedicated employees. In fact, we now have a 5 star rating on Google+! Along with this new online face, we are also implementing other marketing techniques and putting a new focus on commercial work.

Thank you again for your feedback, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Fast paced environment, long hours, dangerous working conditions
CREW LEADER (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TX22 March 2016
Blackmon Mooring is an excellent place to work if you are in need of a decent paycheck and don't mind putting in the hours to get there. The job is different everyday and you never know what to expect. During the busy season the pay is good but doesn't quite compare to the hours you put in. The Operations manager is probably the best boss I have ever had but the upper management is lacking in quite a few areas. The turnover rate is insane with most employees staying for a few weeks at most. The employees that last however are for the most part very fun to work with. Overall with new management I think this is a company that has the potential to return to the once great company everyone knows it to be.
Pros
good pay, changing environment.
Cons
unstable hours. very poorly managed
19 April 2016

I want to thank you for sharing your thoughts on your job experience with us. I am so glad you enjoy your job and like working with our Operations Manager and the team around you. It is fast paced and hard work and we find that is a reason we have turnover ,due to the 24/7/365 commitment we have for our clients we serve. I did notice two comments you made that I would like to gain more information from you. 1) you mentioned “dangerous working conditions” and 2) “upper management” are concerns to you. I would love to hear your concerns so that I may help. If you are not comfortable speaking with me, please feel free to contact our Human Resource department and they will relay the information to me so I may help.

Very Family friendly place to work.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 February 2016
My typical work day was consisted of meeting with home owners, sub contractors, bank representatives, insurance adjusters, and building inspectors. These meetings were necessary for the rebuild process of both commercial and residential insurance based construction projects.
Pros
Worked alone most of the time
Cons
not much time to myself after work hours
29 February 2016

Thank you for posting the above review of Blackmon Mooring! As a project manager, your role is essential to ensuring our customers have the best experience possible – so we appreciate your dedication, long hours and hard work. The hours definitely can be long, which is why this role might not be ideal for some people, but very rewarding at the same time. Seeing the smile on our customers face, regardless if we helped to get their business back up and running or a homeowner’s house turned back into a home after a disaster, is truly priceless. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Way too much drama for my taste
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TX5 January 2016
Overall I enjoyed working here but there was way too much drama, no opportunity for advancement, and home life was very limited while working here. I enjoyed helping customers, meeting new people and getting paid weekly.
Pros
Medical was paid for by the company
Cons
Favortism
15 January 2016

Thank you so much for this review! I’m glad you enjoyed your time with us. Our call center representatives are usually the first and last contact our customers have with our business and we appreciate this essential division of our company. It is a fast paced environment and demands a lot of team work. In regards to advancement, we have countless employees that have been with us, and will stay with us, for years to come. As with any large business with 70 years under its belt, this is a marathon with a good strong team, rather than a solo sprint to the top. I’m glad you enjoyed helping customers! “Helping others in times of need” has been one of our mottos since we first began offering restoration services, and we were privileged to have a caring person such as yourself as a part of our team. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 November 2015
I was always busy. Made good money during the winter season for water damages that always seem to occur when pipes would freeze and flood homes.
4 January 2016

Thank you for the positive review of our company! I agree that this is a great industry to be in, especially for people like you with great work ethic. This dedication is what sets us apart from our competitors and will keep Blackmon Mooring thriving for many years to come. We were fortunate to have you as a member of our team!

Stressful Job Environment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX14 September 2015
Aside from a good couple of people the management at this place is horrible. You don't get paid enough for the work that you do and the company tries to stretch its dollar as much as it can so that the higher ups can get a bigger bonus at the end of the year. Most of the workers that this company hire have some kind of criminal background history or are uneducated/unprofessional.
Pros
You get paid every week
Cons
Everything else
4 January 2016

Thank you for this review. I’m sorry that you feel that you were not paid enough during your time with us. We consider our pay to be more competitive than other companies in our industry, and proudly pay 100% of our employee’s insurance premium. I can assure you, we run criminal background checks on all of our employees and perform random drug screenings throughout all of our locations. Before an employee steps in front of a customer he or she will be trained in customer service and professionalism. We hear great feedback from our customers every month about how courteous and efficient our teams are. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

Not very great.
Assistant Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Houston22 May 2015
I did not find this job to be a place of advancement. I did not like anything possible about the job. I did not like the managers nor the employees, The managers were not clear on their expectations.
Pros
pay every week
Cons
everything is a con
7 January 2016

Thank you for your review and feedback! I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your time working here, but appreciate your candid comments. One of my top goals for 2016 is employee engagement, which includes taking a pulse on where our organization currently stands regarding workplace satisfaction, feeling valued and appreciated and much more. In fact, I recently hired a third-party vendor to execute an employee survey, and created an internal task force to help review and develop action plans from the survey results to address opportunities for improvement and to continue the best practices we have developed over the years. If you would like to speak with me further, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

A dynamic workplace with highly trained technicans.
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX12 May 2015
A diverse company that takes a lot of pride in customer satisfaction. They deliver repair and install services that includes but not limited to Plumbing, Air Conditioning, Electrical and Appliances.
29 February 2016

Thank you for your shining review! The earliest founders of Blackmon Mooring built their business on reliability, quality and superior customer service. Today, we follow the same principles that we were founded upon. In addition to the services you listed, we proudly perform carpet and air duct cleaning; water, fire and storm restoration; mold remediation, and document cleaning and restoration. Thank you again for this review, and if you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

A cool place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX21 October 2014
its a cool job I just don't like being on call. the work is easy i have no problem wit the work. Co workers are cool. The hardest part of the job is being on call when u with your family you have to drop everything and leave.
Pros
you can be off at any time
Cons
healthcare
4 January 2016

Thank you for this review! Being on call is difficult and we truly appreciate your dedication and commitment to our emergency team. We are so grateful to our team members for leaving your families in the night and on weekends to help others in need. I see that you listed healthcare as a con. This is puzzling because we proudly pay 100% of our employee’s health insurance premium. Again, we understand that being on-call comes at a sacrifice with your loved ones. However, the nature of our business requires all of us to assist our clients when they need us most. If you would like to speak with me in further detail, please don’t hesitate to call me directly.

THead@bmsmanagement.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blackmon Mooring & BMSCAT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9