Blackburn Radio is expanding our Digital Media team and looking for a Digital Marketing & Content Coordinator to take ownership of the online presence for our Sarnia-market radio stations (working from our offices in Sarnia, Ontario). This position focuses on sales support, graphic design, content strategy and social media management. This is NOT a web developer position or an IT role.
http://www.k106fm.com/ | http://foxfm.com/ | http://chok.com/
- To actively support the achievement of monthly and quarterly digital revenue targets.
- To meet monthly pageview / unique visitor targets (among other key Performance Indicators).
- Reporting to the General Sales Manager, the Digital Marketing & Content Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities:
- Collaborate with the General Sales Manager to produce high-level advertising solutions that deliver a strong R.O.I. and support the achievement of monthly and quarterly budget objectives.
- Assist Account Executives in identifying suitable prospects for digital campaigns, designing results-focused proposals based on Client Needs Analysis.
- Readily available to meet with clients as the “Digital Expert” to assist the primary Account Executive on sales calls.
- Design and schedule digital ads per client specifications, including on-going support and reporting to ensure optimal client service.
- Collaborate with Programming / Promotions to develop an editorial calendar and assign responsibility for content that is relevant and engaging to our audience(s).
- Devise creative ideas for online contests, advertising campaigns, online content, etc.
- Grow permission marketing databases via weekly e-newsletters, contests and incentives.
- Execute local social media strategy, activity monitoring and reporting.
- Provide expertise as a local resource, including sales training, CMS use, social media best practices, etc.
- Monitor and prepare regular reporting to identify activities that increase audience interaction.
- Local execution of corporate sales / programming initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
- General understanding of the internet advertising landscape, including measurement metrics, competing ad products (ie. Facebook ads, Google ads, etc.), internet ad serving and delivery.
- Graphic design experience with a contemporary design sensibility.
- Proficiency in basic video editing and production.
- Exceptional writing skills, with close attention to spelling, grammar and composition style.
- Familiarity with the Wordpress CMS is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic web design / development standards are a plus, including experience with HTML / CSS.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment where prioritization and time-management skills are critical.
- You enjoy being creative and solving real-world problems while maintaining strict attention to detail (even when managing multiple projects).
- You understand the importance of accountability and take ownership of your work.
- You are a natural communicator – whether in-person, in writing or via social media. You can take a complex idea and effectively explain it to others.
- You are professional, confident and enjoy being the digital expert – continually learning about the latest new media tools and thinking about their application in a real-world setting.
- You enjoy being part of a fun, dynamic team who work hard and play hard.
- You have a natural interest in music, pop-culture and new-media.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in digital marketing, business, graphic design, multimedia production or web design preferred.
NOTE: Must have a valid G2 Driver's License - some driving will be required.
Deadline: Sunday, March 17, 2013
Interested applicants are invited to email a resume and online portfolio with examples of original work in confidence to:
Director of Interactive Media
Blackburn Radio Inc
Please ensure that the subject line in your email is 'Sarnia Digital Marketing & Content Coordinator'.
Those who do not submit links to sample work or an online portfolio WILL NOT be considered.
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted. Blackburn Radio Inc encourages diversity in the workplace. Blackburn Radio Inc is an equal opportunity employer.