Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Client Care at its best
Client Care Director (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: not much room for growth
My role and the departments role is more than client care. We seriously live and breathe for the client. My typical day at work would be proactively reaching out to my clients and always responding to clients emails as well as training clients on our products.
Great Managers
Finance Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2014
I had a great manager who taught us a lot and made us feel at ease throughout the whole learning process when I first started.
K12
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime when it's time for enrollment.
Cons: getting laid off when you have a permanent position.
It is a very good company to work for when you are in a department that is permanent. If you are in a department that is seasonal it's very hard to take in when they begin laying reps off due to the reduction in call volume. Some days are longer than others, but those days are easier.
productive and fun at workplace
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), HyderabadSeptember 12, 2014
its a great pleasure to work with my colleagues..their immense support helps me to learn new technologies ...
Repetitive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work is working with students on their financial aid problems. Going to break and lunch and making sure i am back on time.
Nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 15, 2014
It is overall a good company. It needs to be improved on such as pay, policies and pay shifts.
New Experiance
Team Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 23, 2014
New Experiance. Recently aquired my current company. Havent worked for the company long. I would not be able to properly give a review with the time frame that I have been working for the company
N/A
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2014
The job overall was very professional. I would come in and record the daily phone calls of the day and do data entry.
Management was great.
I love this job!
Fun Work place and amazing hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free cakes every day, flexable hours and amazing co-workers
Cons: couldnt relocate with business.
Typically i helped bake and decorate cakes but due to relocation of the business i could not continue my employment. The coworkers was fun and understanding and easy to get along with.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJune 26, 2014
The management here needs to be evaluated. I loved the people I worked with.
Great Company
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2014
Blackboard is a great company to work for. Great Culture, people and benefits.
Great Inviroment
CSR (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMay 13, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, awesome peaople.
Blackboard is a great working environment and has great people to work with. Benefits and pay are about the best you can get in the Somerset, KY area.
Call Center that assits College Students
Level II (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no lunch you would have to eat on the floor
I would arrive @ 6:30am and make sure the agents were logged in and ready for calls. I would also assist agents with compliants from the student or the parent that would call on behalf of the student.
I had to learn how to lead the agents and have them move their talk time down so that their AHT (average handle time) wouldn't be high. Whent the call – more... center first open there was many changes due to the Call Center being new to city, so we saw alot of trained and untrained staff members.
The co-workers are nice especially the ones that come in from the Kentucky.
The hardest part of the job is coachig I believe until you have to listen to the call with the agent and inform them on what they should do.
The fun times we had are when it's Fall/Spring and agents are looking for Overtime so that they can get incentives etc. – less
Blackboard
Manager IT/Telephony (Current Employee), Killeen, TXApril 6, 2014
Hardest part of the job is not being able to compensate my team properly.
Okay Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 18, 2014
This job is better suited for college students. Not a life time career.
Horrible experience.
(customer service rep) former employee (Former Employee), Killeen TexasMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: the training was horrible.
On the phone with parents, students, and instructors. Very impatient customers. It could have been a good place to work, if we had the right training material and system. What we learned in class did not apply to the job once we started on the floor, the system needed to be updated.
No security or support
Over worked (Former Employee), Killeen, TexasMarch 6, 2014
Pros: competative pay
Cons: everything else
Blackboard is a great company, without the call centers. As an agent, you cannot get a day off. Not even for a much needed doctor's appointment. There is no moral and the management team...well, no comment. The HR office does not keep anything confidential. After a while, you have to worry about who they are letting go next, will it be your department? – more... Work you until they no longer need you and just let you go, without notice or opportunity to work in another department. There is a lot of backstabbing in the work place as well. – less
Good pay for this area and great people to work with.
Student Services Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Answering phones and handling financial aid and student service requests for students.
Education Technology
Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: mission, smart motivated co-workers, shared ideals, flexibility
Cons: extremely difficult to get promoted or find a steady career path
For me, the most important aspect of Blackboard is that we create an safe and accessible online environment where people can communicate and collaborate so they may learn and grow.
Eucational learning experience
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: ability to learn different areas of the business
Cons: having the feeling of being set in one position without advancement opportunities
Working with a prestige client is enjoyable. Client interactions are great and working with them and Blackboard provides an opportunity to learn more about educational services that brings colleges and universities into the world of modern technology at its best; as well as apply what I have learned in school. Managing my team was interesting with the – more... different cultures and personalities, but ended up being a great collaboration. – less

1 2 3

About Blackboard Inc.

Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that┬álets schools create Internet-based learning programs – Read more