Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
nice place to work
Workday HCM functional analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2016
good place to learn new things and good sporting spirit between the team members and also flexible timings to work. good management
productive
CSR (Former Employee), Somerset, KYDecember 10, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: picking up slack of others was stressful at times
I really liked most of the people I worked with some were really lazy so that made the job a little hard. I enjoyed the customers and co workers
Great Environment
Network Technician (Former Employee), Killeen, TXNovember 22, 2015
This location is the best for working mothers/fathers, as long as you adhere to the policies HR provide. Even with medical complications you can work with the company for scheduling.
innovative
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 19, 2015
young company at that time. Top managent had a strategic vision for growth in the e-education sector. overall good place to work out of college
Wonderful employees!
Senior Agile Program Manager/Senior Scrum Master (Former Employee), RemoteOctober 7, 2015
All of my coworkers were a pleasure, they are wonderful knowledgeable resources. I would work with them again anytime in the future.
Busy and varied work load
Client Manager - UKI Region (Former Employee), Home based - UK & Ireland remitOctober 7, 2015
Pros: Work from home and travel
Cons: Sometimes long hours
There were general tasks that needed attention and formed part of my remit however, no two days were the same as this was dependent on the customers needs.
Not terrible, good starting position
Technical Support Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2015
Managers are nice and cool, although a few aren't very good at it. Expected to do a lot of Tier 2 tech support for sub-tier 1 wages. A good starting point for a career, but you'll be looking to move up quickly.
ESU Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Fun place, great people, somewhat free lunch
Cons: Benefits don't really help
Productive and fun place to work. Not enough room to grow and not enough benefits to support. Pay is not great for all the work being done.
Great workspace in the heart of Sydney's CBD.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), SydneyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Unrealistic timeframes, work hours.
• Develop, implement, manage and execute all aspects of marketing plans and initiatives for Australia and New Zealand regions
• Create awareness, demand and engagement for Blackboard products and services
• Content Creation: Case Studies, Media PR, Advertising, Email Retention and Acquisition, Executive presentations for internal and external (event) use
• Event Management; Australia wide ‘road shows’ showcasing new products and services. Organising: facilities, locations, catering, advertising, contact lists and Audio Visual
• Monitor and develop content for Blackboard’s social media channels
• Manage budget requirements

Achievements:
• Created new social media guidelines for internal staff and associates in AU and NZ region.
• Increased attendance year-on-year for ‘Blackboard on Tour’ road show events In Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. (Comparative data taken 20/5/2015*).
• Creation of Case Studies used for presentations and generating new business. (Massey University Case Study 01/03/2015*)

Learnt about the IT industry and the pace at which it operates.
Great work place with great people.
Outbound Lead Qualifier and Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great environment to work in. Fun people to work with. I gained great telecommunication skills. Hardest part of the job was to follow proper phone skill requirements.
Could have been a lot better.
Customer Service Representative- Technical Support (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes.
The supervisors where very good at getting individuals one on one time to help with improvements. The building itself needs a lot of work. It look like mold on the ceiling of the building,
Healthty and fun place to work, including office happy hours.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Lunch was often left over from meeting that was a plus
Cons: Can't say much about cons as the office ran effiencently 95% of the time
Immediate supervisor did not challenge my skills and abilities. Therefore, I made a lot of my own that he approved of for the most part until he found reason not to. I enjoyed being involved with all the staff members at Blackboard, from top executive all the way down to the bottom. Everyone seemed to have like and called on me frequently from top to bottom as they were confident my work would assist them in the very best way possible. Wasn't until a senior top executive started to invite me to meeting without notifying my direct supervisor that appeared threatened in someway.
Student Support and Financil Aid Support
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee), Greenville SCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Assisting customers build customer service skills via phone.
Cons: Not a lot of movement. or work variations.
Call Center a hurry up and wait situation daily. Calls increase and decrease in variations. Calls consist of financial aid and student records calls. Assist the clients of 23 Online Universities of Virginia.
Financial Aid, and prospective escalated calls to proper department.
Loved it!
eLs (Former Employee), Somerset, KyJune 5, 2015
Pros: Everything.
Cons: Me not working there now.
I loved working for Blackboard. The overall vibe is wonderful, with great people to work and laugh with. Canteen inside the building to buy lunches, an hour per lunch, and great pay. Would have never left if not for moving.
Fun, Good Pay
Partnership Manger (Current Employee), Somerset, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: long lunch, good breaks, people, clean
Cons: benefits, raises, management
Blackboard can be a fun place to work. However, the company as a whole has A LOT of growing to do. You can walk in and immediately see the terrible management decisions and lack of creativity.
Aside from that, the pay is better than most local places, and there are opportunities to move up, though very difficult to achieve sometimes.
Great Mission.
Senior Manager, Consulting PMO (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Great place to work with a great mission. The mission of online learning is a great on and Blackboard works hard to deliver for its clients.
Blackboard
Consulting Services (Former Employee), RemoteMay 21, 2015
The tone of the company has changed significantly since the departure of Michael Chasen and the move to PE ownership. Senior management is aloof and detached from the workforce.
Decisions are made by committee without accountability.
Product strategy is absent. Software development and quality are secondary to closure of a deal.
Management could use some work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Somerset, KYMay 10, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch, pay is decent.
Cons: Benefits aren't that good, management is a mess
I've worked at Blackboard Inc for 3 years. I have consistently shown my leadership potential within those 3 years. I have received the President's Award for being one of the top agents of the year. I have been a top agent several weeks on several different clients. No matter the tasks given to me, I step up to the plate and prove that I am capable of taking on any client. I have applied for several leadership positions, yet I don't even get an interview. I have had one interview for a different position in 3 years, but never received a response as to if the position got filled, why I didn't get the position, or anything. You basically have to be buddy buddy with all of management to get a higher position, they do not base it off of performance. Overall it's an okay place to work, but it's very stressful. Half of the equipment never works, the management is useless, and we never have clear answers to our questions. The pay is decent for the area.
Ok Benefits, Non Productive Work Environment
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Work-Life Balance, Good Co Workers
Cons: Expensive Benefits, Low Wage in comparison with other comp. in same industry, Free for all in regards to accountability
Compensation package not competitive. Above average PTO. Good work life balance. No accountability, no KPI, and lack of upward or lateral movement led to stale and unmotivated support staff. No action taken against underperforming representative to performance bonuses for better representatives
A great opportunity
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, life changing experience
Cons: can be overwhelming at times
I enjoyed working for this company and the incentives that I received. I have learned so may skills from them and use them everywhere I go.
Headquarters