Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved it!
eLs (Former Employee), Somerset, KyJune 5, 2015
Pros: Everything.
Cons: Me not working there now.
I loved working for Blackboard. The overall vibe is wonderful, with great people to work and laugh with. Canteen inside the building to buy lunches, an hour per lunch, and great pay. Would have never left if not for moving.
Fun, Good Pay
Partnership Manger (Current Employee), Somerset, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: long lunch, good breaks, people, clean
Cons: benefits, raises, management
Blackboard can be a fun place to work. However, the company as a whole has A LOT of growing to do. You can walk in and immediately see the terrible management decisions and lack of creativity.
Aside from that, the pay is better than most local places, and there are opportunities to move up, though very difficult to achieve sometimes.
Great Mission.
Senior Manager, Consulting PMO (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Great place to work with a great mission. The mission of online learning is a great on and Blackboard works hard to deliver for its clients.
Blackboard
Consulting Services (Former Employee), RemoteMay 21, 2015
The tone of the company has changed significantly since the departure of Michael Chasen and the move to PE ownership. Senior management is aloof and detached from the workforce.
Decisions are made by committee without accountability.
Product strategy is absent. Software development and quality are secondary to closure of a deal.
Management could use some work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Somerset, KYMay 10, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch, pay is decent.
Cons: Benefits aren't that good, management is a mess
I've worked at Blackboard Inc for 3 years. I have consistently shown my leadership potential within those 3 years. I have received the President's Award for being one of the top agents of the year. I have been a top agent several weeks on several different clients. No matter the tasks given to me, I step up to the plate and prove that I am capable of taking on any client. I have applied for several – more... leadership positions, yet I don't even get an interview. I have had one interview for a different position in 3 years, but never received a response as to if the position got filled, why I didn't get the position, or anything. You basically have to be buddy buddy with all of management to get a higher position, they do not base it off of performance. Overall it's an okay place to work, but it's very stressful. Half of the equipment never works, the management is useless, and we never have clear answers to our questions. The pay is decent for the area. – less
Ok Benefits, Non Productive Work Environment
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Work-Life Balance, Good Co Workers
Cons: Expensive Benefits, Low Wage in comparison with other comp. in same industry, Free for all in regards to accountability
Compensation package not competitive. Above average PTO. Good work life balance. No accountability, no KPI, and lack of upward or lateral movement led to stale and unmotivated support staff. No action taken against underperforming representative to performance bonuses for better representatives
A great opportunity
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, life changing experience
Cons: can be overwhelming at times
I enjoyed working for this company and the incentives that I received. I have learned so may skills from them and use them everywhere I go.
Call Centers are great.
K12 Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 31, 2015
There is always something going on, never a dull moment when you have 100-200 people on the phone. Tones of on the job training. Lots of growth potential.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 24, 2015
call center job, its pretty good and fairly easy. the manangement is pretty good and its good opportunities here. the pay isnt so great though.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: it was a steady pay check.
Cons: very little leeway for employees.
I enjoyed my time with Blackboard. It was a good place to work just not the best for me. Telemarketing is not my idea of a good job due to the constant harassment from customers.
It's a call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: steady work, insurance
Cons: little room for growth
Typical call center with typical environment. Not a lot of room for growth or advancement, set pay with little chance for improvement.
Good people, unclear direction
Account Executive/Team Leader (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2015
Dedicated professionals but an unclear corporate direction. Sales and marketing staff in particular have been gutted over the last few years and it puts significant pressure on other parts of the organization.
Fun and productive workplace
Client Operations and Account Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: teleworking
Cons: long hours
Fun and productive workplace. My office felt like a team environment, which led to open communication and collaboration.
Okay, but could of been better.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), killeen txFebruary 16, 2015
Needs to work on attendance policy so that there employees can at least go to the hospital and not lose there jobs. Overall it was cool working there and the supervisors where doing a good job with staying on top of things.
It's Blackboard
Dev-Ops (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: vacation and benefits
Cons: work from home so i don't get to work with a team like i used to.
I have worked at Blackboard for the last 3 years. The only reason I am looking for a new job is because I want to relocate to Nashville TN. The vacation and benefits are awesome.
Education software leader
Sr. Director - International Marketing (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 29, 2015
Good company to work for, global focus yet very US centric in its approach
Company in chaos
Strategic Services Sales Executive (Former Employee), Washington D.C.January 28, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: lack of commitment from leadership
Blackboard had a historic past in the LMS market place....key word being on the PAST. Company is in mass chaos with layoffs and reorganizations happening several times a year. If you're looking for job security, keep looking.
Call Center/Collaborate
Call center operator/ Collaborate (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: this job is close to home
Cons: i was hesitant to do collaborate and regular operator at the same time.
Answered phone, reset passwords ,test and unlocked accounts for student to use Blackboard. I was also trained in Collaborate to assist in helping anyone who had problems web hosting.
Good people with unfocussed senior leadership
Client Solution Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2015
While the group I worked with and around on a daily basis was dedicated to delivering good products, senior leadership at the company continually stripped engineering and product resources from our group until we were completely handcuffed. The product direction never felt cohesive or organized.
Professional environment with room for advancement
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 15, 2015
Work environment can be stressful at times, but with proper time management and aptitude, this can be a rewarding career. You have to have a thick skin and not be afraid to take risks. Blackboard is full of fun and interesting people and we conduct numerous events for our employees including barbecues, free lunches, and community events. The best part of being an Account Manager is connecting with executive level leaders at leading institutions nationwide.

1 2 3 4 5

About Blackboard Inc.

Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that┬álets schools create Internet-based learning programs – Read more