Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
ESU Consultant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Fun place, great people, somewhat free lunch
Cons: Benefits don't really help
Productive and fun place to work. Not enough room to grow and not enough benefits to support. Pay is not great for all the work being done.
Great workspace in the heart of Sydney's CBD.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), SydneyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Unrealistic timeframes, work hours.
• Develop, implement, manage and execute all aspects of marketing plans and initiatives for Australia and New Zealand regions
• Create awareness, demand and engagement for Blackboard products and services
• Content Creation: Case Studies, Media PR, Advertising, Email Retention and Acquisition, Executive presentations for internal and external (event) use
• Event Management; Australia wide ‘road shows’ showcasing new products and services. Organising: facilities, locations, catering, advertising, contact lists and Audio Visual
• Monitor and develop content for Blackboard’s social media channels
• Manage budget requirements

Achievements:
• Created new social media guidelines for internal staff and associates in AU and NZ region.
• Increased attendance year-on-year for ‘Blackboard on Tour’ road show events In Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. (Comparative data taken 20/5/2015*).
• Creation of Case Studies used for presentations and generating new business. (Massey University Case Study 01/03/2015*)

Learnt about the IT industry and the pace at which it operates.
Great work place with great people.
Outbound Lead Qualifier and Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 22, 2015
Great place to work. Great environment to work in. Fun people to work with. I gained great telecommunication skills. Hardest part of the job was to follow proper phone skill requirements.
Could have been a lot better.
Customer Service Representative- Technical Support (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes.
The supervisors where very good at getting individuals one on one time to help with improvements. The building itself needs a lot of work. It look like mold on the ceiling of the building,
Healthty and fun place to work, including office happy hours.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Lunch was often left over from meeting that was a plus
Cons: Can't say much about cons as the office ran effiencently 95% of the time
Immediate supervisor did not challenge my skills and abilities. Therefore, I made a lot of my own that he approved of for the most part until he found reason not to. I enjoyed being involved with all the staff members at Blackboard, from top executive all the way down to the bottom. Everyone seemed to have like and called on me frequently from top to bottom as they were confident my work would assist them in the very best way possible. Wasn't until a senior top executive started to invite me to meeting without notifying my direct supervisor that appeared threatened in someway.
Student Support and Financil Aid Support
Customer Service Representitive (Current Employee), Greenville SCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Assisting customers build customer service skills via phone.
Cons: Not a lot of movement. or work variations.
Call Center a hurry up and wait situation daily. Calls increase and decrease in variations. Calls consist of financial aid and student records calls. Assist the clients of 23 Online Universities of Virginia.
Financial Aid, and prospective escalated calls to proper department.
Loved it!
eLs (Former Employee), Somerset, KyJune 5, 2015
Pros: Everything.
Cons: Me not working there now.
I loved working for Blackboard. The overall vibe is wonderful, with great people to work and laugh with. Canteen inside the building to buy lunches, an hour per lunch, and great pay. Would have never left if not for moving.
Fun, Good Pay
Partnership Manger (Current Employee), Somerset, KYJune 3, 2015
Pros: long lunch, good breaks, people, clean
Cons: benefits, raises, management
Blackboard can be a fun place to work. However, the company as a whole has A LOT of growing to do. You can walk in and immediately see the terrible management decisions and lack of creativity.
Aside from that, the pay is better than most local places, and there are opportunities to move up, though very difficult to achieve sometimes.
Great Mission.
Senior Manager, Consulting PMO (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
Great place to work with a great mission. The mission of online learning is a great on and Blackboard works hard to deliver for its clients.
Blackboard
Consulting Services (Former Employee), RemoteMay 21, 2015
The tone of the company has changed significantly since the departure of Michael Chasen and the move to PE ownership. Senior management is aloof and detached from the workforce.
Decisions are made by committee without accountability.
Product strategy is absent. Software development and quality are secondary to closure of a deal.
Management could use some work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee), Somerset, KYMay 10, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch, pay is decent.
Cons: Benefits aren't that good, management is a mess
I've worked at Blackboard Inc for 3 years. I have consistently shown my leadership potential within those 3 years. I have received the President's Award for being one of the top agents of the year. I have been a top agent several weeks on several different clients. No matter the tasks given to me, I step up to the plate and prove that I am capable of taking on any client. I have applied for several leadership positions, yet I don't even get an interview. I have had one interview for a different position in 3 years, but never received a response as to if the position got filled, why I didn't get the position, or anything. You basically have to be buddy buddy with all of management to get a higher position, they do not base it off of performance. Overall it's an okay place to work, but it's very stressful. Half of the equipment never works, the management is useless, and we never have clear answers to our questions. The pay is decent for the area.
Ok Benefits, Non Productive Work Environment
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Work-Life Balance, Good Co Workers
Cons: Expensive Benefits, Low Wage in comparison with other comp. in same industry, Free for all in regards to accountability
Compensation package not competitive. Above average PTO. Good work life balance. No accountability, no KPI, and lack of upward or lateral movement led to stale and unmotivated support staff. No action taken against underperforming representative to performance bonuses for better representatives
A great opportunity
Enrollment Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYApril 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, life changing experience
Cons: can be overwhelming at times
I enjoyed working for this company and the incentives that I received. I have learned so may skills from them and use them everywhere I go.
Call Centers are great.
K12 Enrollment Consultant (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 31, 2015
There is always something going on, never a dull moment when you have 100-200 people on the phone. Tones of on the job training. Lots of growth potential.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 24, 2015
call center job, its pretty good and fairly easy. the manangement is pretty good and its good opportunities here. the pay isnt so great though.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: it was a steady pay check.
Cons: very little leeway for employees.
I enjoyed my time with Blackboard. It was a good place to work just not the best for me. Telemarketing is not my idea of a good job due to the constant harassment from customers.
It's a call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Killeen, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: steady work, insurance
Cons: little room for growth
Typical call center with typical environment. Not a lot of room for growth or advancement, set pay with little chance for improvement.
Good people, unclear direction
Account Executive/Team Leader (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2015
Dedicated professionals but an unclear corporate direction. Sales and marketing staff in particular have been gutted over the last few years and it puts significant pressure on other parts of the organization.
Fun and productive workplace
Client Operations and Account Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: teleworking
Cons: long hours
Fun and productive workplace. My office felt like a team environment, which led to open communication and collaboration.
Okay, but could of been better.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), killeen txFebruary 16, 2015
Needs to work on attendance policy so that there employees can at least go to the hospital and not lose there jobs. Overall it was cool working there and the supervisors where doing a good job with staying on top of things.