Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company in the middle of major re-organization
Account Executive (Former Employee), Tolland, CTDecember 15, 2014
Blackboard is a dynamic fast paced company that is doing its best to blend the cultures of six different companies that it has recently acquired. This transition has resulted in slower growth and some customer satisfaction issues that are being addressed. Unfortunately, the re-organization has meant that middle management changes every three months. – more... Sales teams are sometimes unclear as to the direction of the company and marketing has been uneven. Still, the people are dedicated and extremely committed to making it work. In my opinion, Blackboard will emerge as a stronger more focused company that will regain its leadership role in education technology. – less
Crazy work hours not good for anyone.
Product Support Engineer (Former Employee), Deer Valley AZ.December 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: crazy work hours
The was a short term contract position. Because of the often crazy work hours it would be hard to have a good life balance at this company.
No accountability
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: casual work environment
Cons: director of training and ops needs a lesson on directing and how to do the job. its really bad.
I worked in the student services department. The director of training and operations has no idea what she's doing or respect the work of others especially the instructional designers. Other employees responsible for content development and training don't do their jobs and rely on everyone else to do their jobs for them. There is no accountability, lack – more... of education and no real experience. It's a bunch of talk. Management needs to be revamped. Big time! I would never work or recommend this place. – less
Productive and educationally enriching.
Operation Center Advisor (Current Employee), Somerset, KYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: physically easy and interesting.
Cons: short breaks and shift bids every quarter
A great way to spend the day if you have to spend it working. This job is physically easy and mentally challenging which I like.
Corporate Machine
Operations Center Advisor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
A Corporate machine needing assistance in achieving locomotion. A company with great job advancement potential.
Fast pace
Call Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: working by yourself
Cons: no breaks if busy
I learned how to take multiple calls a day in a short period of time. A typical day at work was on the phone all day, and making tickets for each call.
Client Care at its best
Client Care Director (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: not much room for growth
My role and the departments role is more than client care. We seriously live and breathe for the client. My typical day at work would be proactively reaching out to my clients and always responding to clients emails as well as training clients on our products.
Great Managers
Finance Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2014
I had a great manager who taught us a lot and made us feel at ease throughout the whole learning process when I first started.
K12
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime when it's time for enrollment.
Cons: getting laid off when you have a permanent position.
It is a very good company to work for when you are in a department that is permanent. If you are in a department that is seasonal it's very hard to take in when they begin laying reps off due to the reduction in call volume. Some days are longer than others, but those days are easier.
productive and fun at workplace
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), HyderabadSeptember 12, 2014
its a great pleasure to work with my colleagues..their immense support helps me to learn new technologies ...
Repetitive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work is working with students on their financial aid problems. Going to break and lunch and making sure i am back on time.
Nice
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 15, 2014
It is overall a good company. It needs to be improved on such as pay, policies and pay shifts.
New Experiance
Team Manager (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 23, 2014
New Experiance. Recently aquired my current company. Havent worked for the company long. I would not be able to properly give a review with the time frame that I have been working for the company
N/A
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 18, 2014
The job overall was very professional. I would come in and record the daily phone calls of the day and do data entry.
Management was great.
I love this job!
Fun Work place and amazing hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free cakes every day, flexable hours and amazing co-workers
Cons: couldnt relocate with business.
Typically i helped bake and decorate cakes but due to relocation of the business i could not continue my employment. The coworkers was fun and understanding and easy to get along with.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJune 26, 2014
The management here needs to be evaluated. I loved the people I worked with.
Great Company
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2014
Blackboard is a great company to work for. Great Culture, people and benefits.
Great Inviroment
CSR (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMay 13, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch, awesome peaople.
Blackboard is a great working environment and has great people to work with. Benefits and pay are about the best you can get in the Somerset, KY area.
Call Center that assits College Students
Level II (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no lunch you would have to eat on the floor
I would arrive @ 6:30am and make sure the agents were logged in and ready for calls. I would also assist agents with compliants from the student or the parent that would call on behalf of the student.
I had to learn how to lead the agents and have them move their talk time down so that their AHT (average handle time) wouldn't be high. Whent the call – more... center first open there was many changes due to the Call Center being new to city, so we saw alot of trained and untrained staff members.
The co-workers are nice especially the ones that come in from the Kentucky.
The hardest part of the job is coachig I believe until you have to listen to the call with the agent and inform them on what they should do.
The fun times we had are when it's Fall/Spring and agents are looking for Overtime so that they can get incentives etc. – less
Blackboard
Manager IT/Telephony (Current Employee), Killeen, TXApril 6, 2014
Hardest part of the job is not being able to compensate my team properly.

1 2 3 4

About Blackboard Inc.

Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that┬álets schools create Internet-based learning programs – Read more