Blackboard Inc.

Blackboard Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Okay, but could of been better.
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), killeen txFebruary 16, 2015
Needs to work on attendance policy so that there employees can at least go to the hospital and not lose there jobs. Overall it was cool working there and the supervisors where doing a good job with staying on top of things.
It's Blackboard
Dev-Ops (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: vacation and benefits
Cons: work from home so i don't get to work with a team like i used to.
I have worked at Blackboard for the last 3 years. The only reason I am looking for a new job is because I want to relocate to Nashville TN. The vacation and benefits are awesome.
Education software leader
Sr. Director - International Marketing (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 29, 2015
Good company to work for, global focus yet very US centric in its approach
Company in chaos
Strategic Services Sales Executive (Former Employee), Washington D.C.January 28, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: lack of commitment from leadership
Blackboard had a historic past in the LMS market place....key word being on the PAST. Company is in mass chaos with layoffs and reorganizations happening several times a year. If you're looking for job security, keep looking.
Call Center/Collaborate
Call center operator/ Collaborate (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: this job is close to home
Cons: i was hesitant to do collaborate and regular operator at the same time.
Answered phone, reset passwords ,test and unlocked accounts for student to use Blackboard. I was also trained in Collaborate to assist in helping anyone who had problems web hosting.
Good people with unfocussed senior leadership
Client Solution Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 19, 2015
While the group I worked with and around on a daily basis was dedicated to delivering good products, senior leadership at the company continually stripped engineering and product resources from our group until we were completely handcuffed. The product direction never felt cohesive or organized.
Professional environment with room for advancement
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 15, 2015
Work environment can be stressful at times, but with proper time management and aptitude, this can be a rewarding career. You have to have a thick skin and not be afraid to take risks. Blackboard is full of fun and interesting people and we conduct numerous events for our employees including barbecues, free lunches, and community events. The best part of being an Account Manager is connecting with executive level leaders at leading institutions nationwide.
Bust your butt just to get yelled at for not doing something efficiently enough
Technical Support Manager (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: time off when you want it (most of the time - with two weeks notice)
Cons: no overtime allowed, health benefits suck and cost money, no 401k, overworked, no room for improvement, no pay raises
We are overworked and underpaid. In a typical day I take no breaks and work my hardest to only end up with more work than I started and am not working fast enough, taking too much work, not completing enough on time, and criticized for every little thing. Our team is extremely hard working, but the only reason any of us are there is because the job market sucks and we can't find anything else.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 7, 2015
A typical work day was fast paced and the position taught me how to improve my time management skills.
Okay.
Employee (Current Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 5, 2015
Company is an okay company to work for, but don't expect much.
Great company in the middle of major re-organization
Account Executive (Former Employee), Tolland, CTDecember 15, 2014
Blackboard is a dynamic fast paced company that is doing its best to blend the cultures of six different companies that it has recently acquired. This transition has resulted in slower growth and some customer satisfaction issues that are being addressed. Unfortunately, the re-organization has meant that middle management changes every three months. Sales teams are sometimes unclear as to the direction of the company and marketing has been uneven. Still, the people are dedicated and extremely committed to making it work. In my opinion, Blackboard will emerge as a stronger more focused company that will regain its leadership role in education technology.
Crazy work hours not good for anyone.
Product Support Engineer (Former Employee), Deer Valley AZ.December 12, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: crazy work hours
The was a short term contract position. Because of the often crazy work hours it would be hard to have a good life balance at this company.
No accountability
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Washington, DCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: casual work environment
Cons: director of training and ops needs a lesson on directing and how to do the job. its really bad.
I worked in the student services department. The director of training and operations has no idea what she's doing or respect the work of others especially the instructional designers. Other employees responsible for content development and training don't do their jobs and rely on everyone else to do their jobs for them. There is no accountability, lack of education and no real experience. It's a bunch of talk. Management needs to be revamped. Big time! I would never work or recommend this place.
Productive and educationally enriching.
Operation Center Advisor (Current Employee), Somerset, KYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: physically easy and interesting.
Cons: short breaks and shift bids every quarter
A great way to spend the day if you have to spend it working. This job is physically easy and mentally challenging which I like.
Corporate Machine
Operations Center Advisor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 7, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
A Corporate machine needing assistance in achieving locomotion. A company with great job advancement potential.
Fast pace
Call Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, KYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: working by yourself
Cons: no breaks if busy
I learned how to take multiple calls a day in a short period of time. A typical day at work was on the phone all day, and making tickets for each call.
Client Care at its best
Client Care Director (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: not much room for growth
My role and the departments role is more than client care. We seriously live and breathe for the client. My typical day at work would be proactively reaching out to my clients and always responding to clients emails as well as training clients on our products.
Great Managers
Finance Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 26, 2014
I had a great manager who taught us a lot and made us feel at ease throughout the whole learning process when I first started.
K12
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime when it's time for enrollment.
Cons: getting laid off when you have a permanent position.
It is a very good company to work for when you are in a department that is permanent. If you are in a department that is seasonal it's very hard to take in when they begin laying reps off due to the reduction in call volume. Some days are longer than others, but those days are easier.
productive and fun at workplace
Oracle DBA (Current Employee), HyderabadSeptember 12, 2014
its a great pleasure to work with my colleagues..their immense support helps me to learn new technologies ...

1 2 3 4

About Blackboard Inc.

Chalk up Blackboard's success to the Internet. Blackboard develops software that┬álets schools create Internet-based learning programs – Read more