BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Very fast paced team environment
Research and Development - Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 February 2014
Good company to work for. Corporate smartphone and service provided. Good benefits package. RRSP contribution matching. Many health incentives. Flex hours available, but not globally enforced [can cause confusion]. Management is approachable, open dialogue encouraged. Typical work is M-F; however, being a smartphone manufacturer it can be difficult to actually "disconnect" from the office.
Productive and fun place
Application Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 February 2016
Great memories and learning experience.My supervisors were really helpful and taught me a lot.

I have learned great skill set while on coop which is definitely helped me a lot
Pros
free snacks
Cons
high pressure
Excellent company. Low stock market was their downfall.
Security Guard / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS18 September 2015
Blackberry was an excellent company to work for. Every day was a learning experience. Management were people oriented. The co-workers were team oriented. Everyone helping others. It was a fast paced environment. Being rewarded for a good job done.
Pros
Exciting environment. Very infectious.
Cons
Can't think of a con.
Amazing experience
KPI PERFORMACE TESTER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2016
loved it, I did everything that i ever dreamed of doing. Worked on new devices all the time, created new testing scripts, tested DC power consumption.
A good company
Embedded software designer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2012
RIM is a very good company , in terms of its salary , culture and management ,the only things not good is its marketing strategy ,which is nothing about us developer.
nice place to work
Senior Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  waterloo/cambridge21 June 2013
blackberry do care about their staff
lots of benefits
management is tough to handle
friendly work place
Pros
happy work place
Cons
had to work hard to meet the demands of the customers order
great place to work
Server Specialist, BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2014
great place some one wants to work. I have learned a great deal regarding BlackBerry technology, BES, BB devices and iOS, Android devices as well.
Management is excellent. Co-workers are very helpful mostly. Work environment is incredible.
I enjoyed learning new things, assisting customers ...
I do still miss BlackBerry.
Pros
great environment, lot of benefits, bonus and overtime opportunities.
Cons
na
Director (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 June 2014
Really enjoyed working at BlackBerry. I was given a lot of opportunities and the pay and benefits were fantastic.
Pros
salary, benefits, bonus pay, culture
Cons
work life balance, stress
Enjoyed my BlackBerry years
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2015
I enjoyed my years at BlackBerry. There were many great people to work with and to learn from. The hardest part of the job in the last few years has been the waning morale do to the continued downsizing of the BlackBerry workforce.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good compensation, Christmas break closure
Cons
Shrinking workforce, poor morale
Great company to work for
Technical Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 March 2014
I loved my job with BlackBerry. It was challenging and very rewarding.
Pros
RRSP matching, competitive salary, challenging work
Cons
Job security
A good company to work for
Senior IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 October 2015
Talented people, innovative technology, new stuff to learn everyday, exciting work environment. The hardest part of the job is no job security with no advancement opportunities nowadays.
Productive workplace
Reliability Lab Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2013
Working in a healthy environment with a group of coworkers. Every day was a new challenge for me, working on a different project. Always demanding, and i enjoined fast past and demanding schedule. The hardest part was, many times was required to work overtimes on weekend. Management was reasonable and open minded. I have learned, if you work hard it will always be opportunity to grow.
Pros
free smartphones
Great potential, Poor VP's
Senior Manager, App Store & Content Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2014
Great new executives
Great products and services
Poor VP level personnel
Pros
Great benefits and pay is good
Cons
Long hours, Poor VP leadership
Great Place to Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 May 2015
Great managers, good co workers. Fast paced, challenging and I learned a lot of things. Lots of room for advancement, loved my job
Pros
Benefits, Gym membership, Good cafeteria and good paying.
Good Company
Network Operations Centre (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2015
Good company with a nice product and great employees. Management needs to be proactive. Will be a great company again after focusing on employees and products.
Competitive pay and benefits. Not much job security
RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2015
Ok job, interesting, pays well, good benefits. Job security is questionable in the last couple years. too many layoffs.
Productive , Innovative and Cooperative and colloborative place to work.
Director NPI Quality (Current Employee) –  Waterloo Ontario22 May 2012
Problems are adressed by experts and there is a very colloborative atmosphere at work, with the will to excel .Some of the problems faced are technically challenging but overcome with team involvement and dedicated work.
Pros
encouraging management
Cons
work life and family life balance
Interesting fast paced work
VALUE STREAM PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 November 2013
A typical day as Value Stream Project Manager Assistant was updating and verifying test statuses using excel spreadsheet and various databases as we received 30 to 50 new test submissions per week. Wrote test reports and closed completed test requests. I updated work instructions and procedures that were scheduled for yearly review for my Manager. Also assisted Project managers with sending completed test submissions back to requestors. Worked on gathering data from database for time studies for Six Sigma Green Belt Projects.
I learned about the organizational abilities required to keep the tests moving through the Lab efficiently, detailed features of our inventory system, the various new products being developed and their new features.
Management was open and involved, trying to improve processes for efficient use of time. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable, always willing to help.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with incorrect database entries or no updates performed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of functions I got to perform, working with a very skilled group of people and being able to assist many people.
Pros
Great benefits; many learning opportunities, working with skilled people
Productive work place and good work culture
Inventory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo14 February 2015
Productive work place and good work culture. Very nice to work at this place. Management is good. Very considerate and cooperative colleagues. Work is priority and always evolving place in terms of productivity.
Very good place to work despite what outsider may say
Security Software Test Designer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 December 2015
It's a great place to work, the work itself is great, get to work on challenging problems. The company is on a comeback. Also, the team you work with is probably going to be top notch in their field.

4.2