BlackBerry

BlackBerry Employee Reviews

N/A
Software Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
Too many re-organization happened in the company...Comparing with lots of testers, I always got either exceed or solid meet in my annul performance review, but still got laid off.
same as blackberry
Internship (Former Employee) –  waterloo,onMay 23, 2015
pays good, benefit good, vacation is easily granted, RIM days are good. just not stable... john in the bad days... learned my first profession
Pros
work culture
Cons
unstable
Competitive pay and benefits. Not much job security
RF Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 22, 2015
Ok job, interesting, pays well, good benefits. Job security is questionable in the last couple years. too many layoffs.
Great team members to work with
Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 21, 2015
It's great to work with hard working, dedicated people! The people are what makes the company so great to work for. Go team!
Learning and enjoyable place
Software Test Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
Management is supportive, Leads are smart. Comes up with innovative ideas. Motivates interns. I learned Agile skiils along with Technical Skills
AWESOME Canadian company
Manager, Customs & Traffic (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 7, 2015
Fast paced
Much respect for Corp Leaders
Great commradery
Work came home with you to cover logistics flow of product nationally
Our work days were made to be enjoyable by the company, much was provided for us and we had fun along with the hard work
Pros
Corporate Challenge(games) Days
Cons
24 x 7 operation
Great Place to Work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 4, 2015
Great managers, good co workers. Fast paced, challenging and I learned a lot of things. Lots of room for advancement, loved my job
Pros
Benefits, Gym membership, Good cafeteria and good paying.
Cons
Great Workplace depending on the team
Product Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 29, 2015
It was a great company to work at with a competitive salary and lots of perks. Getting a company phone was really nice, especially since I was an intern. Typical day as an Operations specialist involved a lot of analysis in excel on product configurations and packaging. I also used a proprietary ERP system to maintain parts catalogues and create instructional sets for use by warehouse staff all around the world. There was a lot of independent work involving excel and somewhat boring analysis but that was nicely balanced by a management team which was very active and always looking to enhance my development.

I will say that some cross functional work with other teams was sometimes unpleasant due to the fact that there were many lay-offs occurring at the time. Individuals and groups with less job security are of course going to lack the motivation and positive attitude they once had.
Pros
You get a blackberry!
Cons
Some negative attitudes during restructuring
Excellent manager and motivated to work for the team
Java Developer -Full Time (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 27, 2015
- Participate in scrum meeting to update status
- Continue to work toward the sprint deliverable
- Collaborate on design issues to deliver high quality solution
- Help the team to reach the mile stone
Pros
Expose to new and enterprise level quality products
Cons
One in a ocean of engineers
Fun Place to work as a co-op
Hardware Engineering Assistant, Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 15, 2015
Learned a lot about electronic design, and manufacturing. Enjoyed working in a wide variety of areas. Manual testing of devices was the hardest part, very repetitive. Co-workers were fantastic.
Pros
flexible hours, lots to learn
Cons
section shutdown after co-op ended

Want to know more about BlackBerry?

Ask a question
reception, data entry, filing, copying, faxing, invoice allocation
Logistics Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2015
reception, filing, copying, mail distribution, invoice allocation. Management in my department was excellent. Co-workers were helpful. The overall atmosphere was very enjoyable as everybody was considerate and helpful.
Pros
grreat benefits
Cons
job security
Eclectic place to work
North American Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 11, 2015
High stress but rewarding work environment. Lots of opporutnity to grow within the new company. Made some strong relationships there for the remainder of my career.
Great place to learn, and experience, cutting edge technologies
ECBAM, Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 5, 2015
Working at BlackBerry was one of the highlights of my career thus far. Everyone there was an expert in the areas that they were in, and were also all open to share their knowledge with one another. The C Level Management, especially of late, were diligent in every decision and moved forward as one cohesive unit. Any emerging technology that others were just learning of, were most likely already been used for many months prior from other departments within the company. I loved my tenure there, and would highly recommend others to apply.
Pros
great learning experiences, renumeration above others in the industry
Productive and fun workplace
Materials Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 27, 2015
It was a very nice environment. A fun workplace. I've learned so many things because I worked with different people in different area.I didn't find any hard job at all, as I enjoyed my time working there.
Despite what you hear on the news, this is still a cool place to work
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  WaterlooFebruary 14, 2015
The company has been completely overhauled over the last few years, not only in terms of management and headcount, but in terms of tools, processes, methodologies. There is also more emphasis on accountability, something that was lacking previously.
You'll have a chance to work on some very interesting, industry leading projects.
Pros
free blackberry and plan, get to work on high profile projects
Cons
not much upward mobility
Productive work place and good work culture
Inventory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  WaterlooFebruary 14, 2015
Productive work place and good work culture. Very nice to work at this place. Management is good. Very considerate and cooperative colleagues. Work is priority and always evolving place in terms of productivity.
Exciting faced paced environment to work in.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Working at BlackBerry was a great experience, I was given meaningful work from day 1 and was allowed to grow into a respected Project Manager. It's a faced paced environment and I got to interact with a number of cross functional groups, which has given me a great understanding of the whole business structure.
A great internship
Software Validation and Verification (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2015
I did my internship at RIM midway through my third year of university. It was my first career-related job, and a great one at that. I was lucky to work with a team of dedicated individuals. I learnt a lot regarding how the "IT World" functioned in large companies, as well as how large tasks were divided between teams.
Pros
great management, dedicated coworkers
Cons
micro-tasks become boring after a while
Research In Motion
Project Specialist (Full-time employee) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 30, 2015
10/10 great company and learned a lot on the job. Being honest and friendly to any customer you are in touch with are helping. Example when able to support customer needs to a purchase or product technical question and being able to answer to your best knowledge.
Productive and quite learning atmosphere
Senior QA (Current Employee) –  WaterlooJanuary 28, 2015
Nice working culture here. Learned many things in manual to automation test execution.
Pros
new and advanced features
Cons
not any