BlackBerry Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
made many of closed friends
QA / Software Testing Specialist (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 4, 2015
I was glad working at BlackBerry, I made many of closed friends, they are so nice. Whenever I asked their help, they always are there.
Very fast paced team environment
Research and Development - Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Good company to work for. Corporate smartphone and service provided. Good benefits package. RRSP contribution matching. Many health incentives. Flex hours available, but not globally enforced [can cause confusion]. Management is approachable, open dialogue encouraged. Typical work is M-F; however, being a smartphone manufacturer it can be difficult to actually "disconnect" from the office.
great place to work
Server Specialist, BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2014
Pros: great environment, lot of benefits, bonus and overtime opportunities.
Cons: na
great place some one wants to work. I have learned a great deal regarding BlackBerry technology, BES, BB devices and iOS, Android devices as well.
Management is excellent. Co-workers are very helpful mostly. Work environment is incredible.
I enjoyed learning new things, assisting customers ...
I do still miss BlackBerry.
Manager, TE
Manager, Test Engineering (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnOctober 14, 2015
Managed an Agile Test Engineering teams of up to 19 professionals with direct and indirect reports on site and remote. By the contract I am not automatized to provide reviews
productive and fun workplace
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Kanata, ONSeptember 15, 2015
productive and fun workplace; good people, good products, good team work; good culture; perhaps, slow to react to competitions
Fun Place
Software Developer (Student) (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 27, 2015
It is a fun place to be at. With work being accommodated with various fun activities including watching FIFA at work. the co-workers are really helpful and it has been a great experience to work here
Fun place to work with good pay/bonus/benefits
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: benefits/salary/bonus/vacation/fun
Cons: job security
My professional career at BlackBerry thus far has assisted me with growing in experience and knowledge in many areas including: working under tight deadlines, oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, as well as organizational, time management and multi-tasking. These are all areas in which I continue to show great strength. All of the above skills have given me an opportunity to show employers my strengths, which has also given employers the confidence to put me in positions of greater responsibility and leadership.

I have been given many wonderful opportunities to grow in leadership roles which I demonstrated by starting and leading the Social Committee for my department.

I have the utmost respect for my bosses and my colleagues. I have been the Executive Assistant to the Vice President, two directors and the Senior Vice President and have demonstrated very strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.

The most enjoyable part of my position would have to be the people I work with. I feel very blessed to have met everyone I work with and really enjoy the work hard and have fun environment that BlackBerry Security promotes.
Great place to work, really smart people
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Toronto AreaOctober 6, 2015
Passionate employees, building great products.

Overall, great place to work, with smart people, and products that competed with the best in the world.
Productive fun place to work
Software Testing Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Ice cream fridays
Cons: Stay back longer hours to meet deadlines for SRR
Worked on BB Web Works and other Eclipse based projects at RIM. Ran test cases for smoke, regression, release testing for projects on HP QC or MKS Integrity. Logged defects in DevTrack, JIRA tools and followed up with development for testing on new features and verify issues. Participated in team building event and other fun activities during the term at BlackBerry.
Productive work place with great atmosphere
Test Software and Radio Lab Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, appreciations, peace of mind
Cons: distance of travelling to work
All days were peaceful and productive
Learnt many skills such as use of test instruments and programming skills in Visual Studio c#, ATS Smart Vision
Appreciations from superiors
Great team members for collaboration
Some pressuring days due to high volume of production
Most enjoyable part of work is working with new technology and electronics
Interesting product
Software Tool Developer (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioSeptember 29, 2015
Fun and interesting product;
Many coworkers are capable and stay current to the new technologies;
Marketing is not doing so well;
Years of layoffs hurt morale.
I love BB!!!
RF Design Engineer II (Product development center) (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 23, 2015
It is a best place to work beside the downturn the company is going through. Working condition is fun and always challenging which I enjoyed the best.
Great place to work, too bad they're closing remote offices.
Senior Analyst - BlackBerry Technical Support team (Current Employee), Bedford, Nova ScotiaOctober 21, 2013
Pros: corporate issued blackberry device, with the option of getting invited to test beta devices.
Cons: due to cost cutting measures, the nova scotia office is closing.
BlackBerry (formerly Research In Motion) has been a great place to work. The work atmosphere has been open and relaxed, and the employee benefits have been top notch.

I only wish they were able to keep the Nova Scotia office open.
Great place for learning/improving skills
Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Job security
Great people to work with.
I miss so much working at BlackBerry.
Not sure if I will ever find the same level of fun and enjoyment from any job in the future.
Interesting fast paced work
VALUE STREAM PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 28, 2013
Pros: great benefits; many learning opportunities, working with skilled people
A typical day as Value Stream Project Manager Assistant was updating and verifying test statuses using excel spreadsheet and various databases as we received 30 to 50 new test submissions per week. Wrote test reports and closed completed test requests. I updated work instructions and procedures that were scheduled for yearly review for my Manager. Also assisted Project managers with sending completed test submissions back to requestors. Worked on gathering data from database for time studies for Six Sigma Green Belt Projects.
I learned about the organizational abilities required to keep the tests moving through the Lab efficiently, detailed features of our inventory system, the various new products being developed and their new features.
Management was open and involved, trying to improve processes for efficient use of time. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable, always willing to help.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with incorrect database entries or no updates performed. The most enjoyable part of my job was the variety of functions I got to perform, working with a very skilled group of people and being able to assist many people.
Great Company that allows room for advancement
PRODUCT DEMAND CONTROL MANAGER (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: blackberry losing space in the market causing job cuts
I worked with BlackBerry for 12 yrs. I have watched this company grow and was part of the growth.
The management style was trustworthy always motivating their employees to better themselves and the skills. I started my career in the call centre and grew with the company through internal courses that they offered and because a Product Demand Control Manager who managed New Product Launches and End of Life Plans.
Co workers are fun and very helpful it was a team environment.
Management was always approachable and willing to help when needed.
Most enjoyable part of my job was starting a New Product plan for a product and executing it flawlessly end to end. It was rewarding.
Great potential, Poor VP's
Senior Manager, App Store & Content Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay is good
Cons: long hours, poor vp leadership
Great new executives
Great products and services
Poor VP level personnel
same as blackberry
Internship (Former Employee), waterloo,onMay 23, 2015
Pros: work culture
Cons: unstable
pays good, benefit good, vacation is easily granted, RIM days are good. just not stable... john in the bad days... learned my first profession
productive fun place to work for
Operations Communicator/ Admin, Reception (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
blackberry is n excellent place to work for I have nothing but good experiences. people are very helpful and professional. co- workers are extremely professionals.
Highly collaborative and innovative culture
Human Resources (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible Work hours
Cons: Too much organizational change
Expect the unexpected. Business was very open to HR support and consultations at all levels in the organization. Lots of ongoing organizational change.