BlackBerry Employee Reviews

active and smart people
RF Design and Test Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 October 2016
Great and rich company and of course very generous.
I really enjoyed working with smart collegues in the group of Advanced Concept.
Excellent workplace to work and develop the career
Cost Analyst - Finance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo25 March 2014
RIM is excellent workplace with a perfect life/work balance. It is place to educate and develop your professional career. Management is excellent who take care of their employee in terms of benefits, life development, career and educational development.

Salary wise is also affordable to run your life

Your team member are well trained and so friendly to educate your self

Overall excellent
Pros
Free stretch break for your health
Cons
Some time long hours of work at home also
A very good company with lots of potential
Director (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 May 2016
Blackberry is one of the companies which are blessed with several opportunities in wireless connectivity and mobility area. My day at blackberry would be filled with learning, challenges, new ideas and interacting with lots of creative people. One cannot just sit and do routine work at Blackberry . Management was very supportive and passionate about organization goals. When the environment is just right for you, even the hardest task looks like an easy one. Isnt it?
Pros
Flexibility of hours
It is owesome company
Software Tester Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
My previous company, Blackberry, is so nice company that provided lots of opportunities for employees to improve themselves. And the managers and team lead are very nice people.
Amazing place to work
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2016
very friendly professional people top work with, i enjoyed all of my years there and have developed valuable work experience through the many jobs i shifted through.
Challenging and satisfying environment
Radio Frequency Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 December 2014
Team huddle kicked off the shift with projected outcome,possible issues and team for specific tasks.The multiple challenges in a given shift and the methods used to overcome them created a sense of confidence and unleashed new problem solving skills which can be shared with any given team in the future for any company.Co - workers believed in team spirit and working towards achieving goals coupled with Five S +1 environmental attitude resulted in further optimization of productivity in an efficient way.A continuous learning environment with great compensation and building a product that is valued across the globe added professional spice to working.
Excellent work environment and healthy , and good benefit
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 March 2016
Works begin with a meeting with our manager to give us the target for the day . And if there is any change in the product . I learned from working in this company commitment to quality , accuracy , speed and innovation , especially when there are specialized department and with experience , and the most enjoyable part in this company is to work with a team with a competition to develop yourself to serve the interests of the company and you in the same time .This company has a good quality staff , which helps to create an ideal working atmosphere and was working as a team is so dominant that it helps to increase the productivity of labor .
The difficult time at work is when when there is a shortage of parts for a certain period and did not get to goal , what it should be that day , but on the other hand , when we achieve the target we will be happy to primitive then new day and new target will start .
Pros
Four Breaks in addition to the lunch break
Amazing Experience
Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 October 2015
Working for a global company and being a part of the corporate structure taught me key skills I can take with me. No room for people to be creative, out of the box thinking was frowned upon. To much of a dictatorship with senior leaders no imput from employees.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits.
Cons
No room for growth, no communication
Productive Co-op Work Term
Applications Software Development Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2016
Four month Co-op work term as Applications Software Development Student. Responsibilities included Fixing software bugs for BlackBerry Priv, giving updates for stand-up meetings everyday and I was also a part of Sprint planning meetings every second Monday.
Smart & dedicated employee base
Sales (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 June 2016
The employees in general are talented, smart and have a strong desire to see the company succeed in its efforts to turn around. Morale in general is very low given the constant restructuring and resulting downsizing that occurs regularly. Leadership tends to close ranks and rather than listen to the valuable experience and insight from their teams, sometimes make short sighted decisions.
Pros
Decent salaries, challenging work, great people
Cons
Significant churn, changing priorities and direction
The Research in Motion was one of the most valuable recently emerged assets of the Canadian economy. and it was failed to preserve it.
assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 August 2016
The Research in Motion was one of the most valuable newly emerged assets of the Canadian economy in high tech. and it was failed to preserve it.
Pros
free concerts
Enjoyed my BlackBerry years
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2015
I enjoyed my years at BlackBerry. There were many great people to work with and to learn from. The hardest part of the job in the last few years has been the waning morale do to the continued downsizing of the BlackBerry workforce.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good compensation, Christmas break closure
Cons
Shrinking workforce, poor morale
very clean and organized enviroment.
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 July 2015
Working there was really fun as we got to learn many new things on different products such as phones. The management there was really good as they took care of their epmloyees very well. My co workers were very friendly as i am also a very helpful and friendly person myself.
benefits
Cons
Very fast paced team environment
Research and Development - Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 February 2014
Good company to work for. Corporate smartphone and service provided. Good benefits package. RRSP contribution matching. Many health incentives. Flex hours available, but not globally enforced [can cause confusion]. Management is approachable, open dialogue encouraged. Typical work is M-F; however, being a smartphone manufacturer it can be difficult to actually "disconnect" from the office.
No job security.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 August 2016
Company lacks long term vision, is just a former shell of the company it once was.

I'd be careful before accepting a job here unless you are desperate.
Fun place to work with good pay/bonus/benefits
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 September 2013
My professional career at BlackBerry thus far has assisted me with growing in experience and knowledge in many areas including: working under tight deadlines, oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, as well as organizational, time management and multi-tasking. These are all areas in which I continue to show great strength. All of the above skills have given me an opportunity to show employers my strengths, which has also given employers the confidence to put me in positions of greater responsibility and leadership.

I have been given many wonderful opportunities to grow in leadership roles which I demonstrated by starting and leading the Social Committee for my department.

I have the utmost respect for my bosses and my colleagues. I have been the Executive Assistant to the Vice President, two directors and the Senior Vice President and have demonstrated very strong time management, organizational and problem solving skills.

The most enjoyable part of my position would have to be the people I work with. I feel very blessed to have met everyone I work with and really enjoy the work hard and have fun environment that BlackBerry Security promotes.
Pros
Benefits/Salary/Bonus/Vacation/Fun
Cons
Job Security
Technology lead company
Senior Embedded Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2016
BlackBerry was a competitive company and environment to work in. New technologies were the culture of BlackBerry at my time.
great place to work
Server Specialist, BlackBerry Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 April 2014
great place some one wants to work. I have learned a great deal regarding BlackBerry technology, BES, BB devices and iOS, Android devices as well.
Management is excellent. Co-workers are very helpful mostly. Work environment is incredible.
I enjoyed learning new things, assisting customers ...
I do still miss BlackBerry.
Pros
great environment, lot of benefits, bonus and overtime opportunities.
Cons
na
reception, data entry, filing, copying, faxing, invoice allocation
Logistics Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 March 2015
reception, filing, copying, mail distribution, invoice allocation. Management in my department was excellent. Co-workers were helpful. The overall atmosphere was very enjoyable as everybody was considerate and helpful.
Pros
grreat benefits
Cons
job security
Productive work place with great atmosphere
Test Software and Radio Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 March 2014
All days were peaceful and productive
Learnt many skills such as use of test instruments and programming skills in Visual Studio c#, ATS Smart Vision
Appreciations from superiors
Great team members for collaboration
Some pressuring days due to high volume of production
Most enjoyable part of work is working with new technology and electronics
Pros
benefits, appreciations, peace of mind
Cons
distance of travelling to work

4.2