BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Currently has very low job security
Automated Test Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 April 2016
Great place to work, but due to the company's current financial position there are many cutbacks and lay offs without any prior notice.
BlackBerry is a great place for Co-op opportunities.
Software Tool Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 March 2016
BlackBerry gave me a very good opportunity to learn, work and improve my technical skills. It is a great place to start your career.
Productive and fun place
Application Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 February 2016
Great memories and learning experience.My supervisors were really helpful and taught me a lot.

I have learned great skill set while on coop which is definitely helped me a lot
Pros
free snacks
Cons
high pressure
As an Automation Test Developer
Automation Test Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 November 2015
I worked at BlackBerry (for 5 years). I learned a lot experience about testing, automation developing and software development skills.
Pros
Lots of challenge, Friendly people and swell environment, Working with such a great team is what makes working at Blackberry so amazing
Cons
Unstable, Feel so bad watching friends and colleagues leaving
Amazing experience
KPI PERFORMACE TESTER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 March 2016
loved it, I did everything that i ever dreamed of doing. Worked on new devices all the time, created new testing scripts, tested DC power consumption.
Very good place to work despite what outsider may say
Security Software Test Designer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 December 2015
It's a great place to work, the work itself is great, get to work on challenging problems. The company is on a comeback. Also, the team you work with is probably going to be top notch in their field.
Good work life balance
Global Manager - Security (Former Employee) –  kanata ,on7 March 2016
Overall a good organization to work for, Unfortunately, BlackBerry has stepped from the limelight as a premier company.
Challenging Work Place
Software Testing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2016
Very good work place for people who like challenges and changes frequently. Employees treated very well and career growth is guranteed
Pros
Salary Benefit
Cons
Frequent Changes
Good company for pushing technological boundaries in a competitive market
R&D Mechanical - Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 September 2015
Great company to work for, and compelling new technologies and process to utilize and integrate, flexible work hours and results driven management. Work environment is team oriented with great personnel to work and succeed on projects.
Pros
Great benefits, highly competitive salary, results rewarded management system.
Cons
Company realigning market strategy to become less reliant on hardware.
Used to be a fun place to work
LAB OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 January 2016
Drive for innovation has been lost, hopefully it can return to what it used to be. The culture also needs to change. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will have a job tomorrow.
Amazing Experience
Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 October 2015
Working for a global company and being a part of the corporate structure taught me key skills I can take with me. No room for people to be creative, out of the box thinking was frowned upon. To much of a dictatorship with senior leaders no imput from employees.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits.
Cons
No room for growth, no communication
BlackBerry is a great company to work at.
Network Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario3 February 2016
BlackBerry is a great company to work at. It has competitive salary and benefits. The company is pioneer in building smart phones.
Worked with very talented people on great technologies and products.
SR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 December 2015
BlackBerry was a company that brought together so many talented individuals in various areas. This group of individuals produced a lot of great products and technologies.
Excellent company. Low stock market was their downfall.
Security Guard / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS18 September 2015
Blackberry was an excellent company to work for. Every day was a learning experience. Management were people oriented. The co-workers were team oriented. Everyone helping others. It was a fast paced environment. Being rewarded for a good job done.
Pros
Exciting environment. Very infectious.
Cons
Can't think of a con.
productive
Sales Development Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 December 2015
I learned how to make good use of Excel sheet, and how best to communicate with external customers on a daily basis. I worked effectively in a team and my manager was always ready to assist me whenver i had a challenge
Electronic Assembler
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 December 2015
Blackberry is professional company to work with. I really enjoyed everyday working in Blackberry. Work culture is really good and employees feel pleasure working in the company.
Enjoyed my BlackBerry years
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2015
I enjoyed my years at BlackBerry. There were many great people to work with and to learn from. The hardest part of the job in the last few years has been the waning morale do to the continued downsizing of the BlackBerry workforce.
Pros
Flexible hours, Good compensation, Christmas break closure
Cons
Shrinking workforce, poor morale
Great place to work, amazing people and operations
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 December 2015
Provided a variety of work stations to help mix up the day and provide new challenges. Every person there from the top to the bottom worked together great to achieve company goals.
Productive fun place to work
Software Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 July 2015
Worked on BB Web Works and other Eclipse based projects at RIM. Ran test cases for smoke, regression, release testing for projects on HP QC or MKS Integrity. Logged defects in DevTrack, JIRA tools and followed up with development for testing on new features and verify issues. Participated in team building event and other fun activities during the term at BlackBerry.
Pros
Ice cream fridays
Cons
Stay back longer hours to meet deadlines for SRR
Fun work place
Software Test Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2015
Very good place to work if you want work/life balance. Work-life balance is good in this company, relatively flexible working hours, very encouraging work environment, competitive salary with good benefits, it still has some great people left.
Pros
Cons
Senior Management has been changed frequently, Sometimes make poor management decisions

4.2