BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Excellent work environment and healthy , and good benefit
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 March 2016
Works begin with a meeting with our manager to give us the target for the day . And if there is any change in the product . I learned from working in this company commitment to quality , accuracy , speed and innovation , especially when there are specialized department and with experience , and the most enjoyable part in this company is to work with a team with a competition to develop yourself to serve the interests of the company and you in the same time .This company has a good quality staff , which helps to create an ideal working atmosphere and was working as a team is so dominant that it helps to increase the productivity of labor .
The difficult time at work is when when there is a shortage of parts for a certain period and did not get to goal , what it should be that day , but on the other hand , when we achieve the target we will be happy to primitive then new day and new target will start .
Pros
Four Breaks in addition to the lunch break
Technology lead company
Senior Embedded Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2016
BlackBerry was a competitive company and environment to work in. New technologies were the culture of BlackBerry at my time.
Fun work place
Software Test Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 July 2015
Very good place to work if you want work/life balance. Work-life balance is good in this company, relatively flexible working hours, very encouraging work environment, competitive salary with good benefits, it still has some great people left.
Pros
Cons
Senior Management has been changed frequently, Sometimes make poor management decisions
Great place to work at and lot of exposure to co-ops
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON24 May 2016
- Assigned various projects
- Polished my technical knowledge
- Friendly management
- Helping co-workers
- Great atmosphere to work in

In particular I appreciate the exposure BlackBerry gives to its co-op
Fantastic Company
Business Partner Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 January 2017
Great work ethic, treated us well. I was on a work permit and they happily offered me a position.

Pay was fantastic and perks were also good. Free BlackBerry and Laptop as well.
Pros
Fantastic Teams
Cons
Bit out of the way.
Good company for pushing technological boundaries in a competitive market
R&D Mechanical - Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 September 2015
Great company to work for, and compelling new technologies and process to utilize and integrate, flexible work hours and results driven management. Work environment is team oriented with great personnel to work and succeed on projects.
Pros
Great benefits, highly competitive salary, results rewarded management system.
Cons
Company realigning market strategy to become less reliant on hardware.
Fun and Exciting Experience
Back Line Team Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 December 2016
Everyday is a new day because everyday is a new challenge which makes me more technically refined, experienced and knowledgeable at the end of the day.
BlackBerry is a great company to work at.
Network Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario3 February 2016
BlackBerry is a great company to work at. It has competitive salary and benefits. The company is pioneer in building smart phones.
Good place to work in early years, not a secure place now
Manager, Supply Chain Excellence (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON17 June 2015
Very challenging, with very long hours and heavy workload during the expansion years.

Improved a lot on processes and procedures during the years, learned something new every day

Management changed often that affected company performance, sometimes I felt they were looking more for personal interests rather than company interests, which reflected on company perfomance on the last years

Co-workers very profesional and good work conduct, not a friendly place though

Most enjoyable part was the travelling to different manufacturing locations, working closely with colleagues from other departments, knowing them better, learning about different sides of the business
Pros
Compensation and benefits were very good
Cons
Insecurity of the job due to massive lay offs, long hours
Great Workplace depending on the team
Product Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 April 2015
It was a great company to work at with a competitive salary and lots of perks. Getting a company phone was really nice, especially since I was an intern. Typical day as an Operations specialist involved a lot of analysis in excel on product configurations and packaging. I also used a proprietary ERP system to maintain parts catalogues and create instructional sets for use by warehouse staff all around the world. There was a lot of independent work involving excel and somewhat boring analysis but that was nicely balanced by a management team which was very active and always looking to enhance my development.

I will say that some cross functional work with other teams was sometimes unpleasant due to the fact that there were many lay-offs occurring at the time. Individuals and groups with less job security are of course going to lack the motivation and positive attitude they once had.
Pros
You get a blackberry!
Cons
Some negative attitudes during restructuring
Smart & dedicated employee base
Sales (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 June 2016
The employees in general are talented, smart and have a strong desire to see the company succeed in its efforts to turn around. Morale in general is very low given the constant restructuring and resulting downsizing that occurs regularly. Leadership tends to close ranks and rather than listen to the valuable experience and insight from their teams, sometimes make short sighted decisions.
Pros
Decent salaries, challenging work, great people
Cons
Significant churn, changing priorities and direction
Professional, Productive, Creative, hardworking, Friendly
Software Test Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 February 2016
BlackBerry provided professional and friendly environment to employees. During my co-op experience in BlackBerry as software test associate, I had opportunities to experience in building up significant fundamental testing knowledge, bug reporting with JIRA, professional documentation skills, and good organizational skills. I improved my interpersonal and communication skills, time management, prioritization skills, and efficient collaboration in any teams. Co-workers always provided fully support. I really enjoyed to discuss all issues with co-workers when we tested the software.
active and smart people
RF Design and Test Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 October 2016
Great and rich company and of course very generous.
I really enjoyed working with smart collegues in the group of Advanced Concept.
It is owesome company
Software Tester Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
My previous company, Blackberry, is so nice company that provided lots of opportunities for employees to improve themselves. And the managers and team lead are very nice people.
Amazing place to work
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2016
very friendly professional people top work with, i enjoyed all of my years there and have developed valuable work experience through the many jobs i shifted through.
Team and goal oriented environment.
Assistant Project Co-ordinator (Full-time co-op) (Former Employee) –  4701 Tahoe Blvd2 February 2016
Working at Blackberry, employee's get the sense that they are apart of a real team. Many aspects of the daily job requires working with many team members, updating each other on their day's achievements or road blocks. Due to the high amount of team members, the assistant project co-ordinators had to have great time management and interpersonal skills to make sure day to day operations ran smoothly. As an employee at Blackberry, one will soon realize that there are many projects which require massive teams to complete, which can be very difficult to achieve if any sector is not running smoothly.
Productive Co-op Work Term
Applications Software Development Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2016
Four month Co-op work term as Applications Software Development Student. Responsibilities included Fixing software bugs for BlackBerry Priv, giving updates for stand-up meetings everyday and I was also a part of Sprint planning meetings every second Monday.
The Research in Motion was one of the most valuable recently emerged assets of the Canadian economy. and it was failed to preserve it.
assembler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 August 2016
The Research in Motion was one of the most valuable newly emerged assets of the Canadian economy in high tech. and it was failed to preserve it.
Pros
free concerts
Good learning opportunity as a student
Interoperability Test Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 April 2016
I have learned a lot during my co-op at BB. Its a great place to work. People there are amazing and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was stress associated with work/life balance.
Overall it was an awesome experience!
Challenging Work Place
Software Testing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2016
Very good work place for people who like challenges and changes frequently. Employees treated very well and career growth is guranteed
Pros
Salary Benefit
Cons
Frequent Changes

4.2