BlackBerry Employee Reviews in Canada

Decent Company to Work for
Technical Specialist - Back Line Team (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 24, 2016
- Salary and benefits are great
- too many layers of management
- too much red tape for processes
- advancement has been challenges due to nature of the business,
Great place to work at and lot of exposure to co-ops
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 24, 2016
- Assigned various projects
- Polished my technical knowledge
- Friendly management
- Helping co-workers
- Great atmosphere to work in

In particular I appreciate the exposure BlackBerry gives to its co-op
A very good company with lots of potential
Director (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 19, 2016
Blackberry is one of the companies which are blessed with several opportunities in wireless connectivity and mobility area. My day at blackberry would be filled with learning, challenges, new ideas and interacting with lots of creative people. One cannot just sit and do routine work at Blackberry . Management was very supportive and passionate about organization goals. When the environment is just right for you, even the hardest task looks like an easy one. Isnt it?
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Great place to work, everyone was "all in" in making the company move forward.
MANAGER, Global Data Centre Planning & Governance (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 5, 2016
My time at RIM/Blackberry was amazing. I was empowered in everything that I was tasked with and the support that I received was amazing. The teams that I worked with were driven and the "teaming" that took place made every day coming to work exciting and enjoyable. It's a shame that some very bad decisions were made by Sr. leaders there.
Pros
Great teams and very exciting project work.
Cons
Poor Mgt. decisions that affect the whole company.
A very condusive environment and culture to work in.
Refrigeration Operator B (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 26, 2016
A very condusive environment and culture to work in.
The company provides a world class working environment and promotes continuous improvement and learning .
Pros
Continuous improvement
Always something new
Sr Manager Custommer Support (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 17, 2016
The only thing constant is change is definitely true if you work for BlackBerry. If you like change, then this is the place for you. There is always a new product, or project that needs work.

For me that has been exciting as I have had the opportunity to work in various roles and responsibility.

I think the hardest part has been the last few years, as the uncertainty can be hard on teams.
Good learning opportunity as a student
Interoperability Test Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2016
I have learned a lot during my co-op at BB. Its a great place to work. People there are amazing and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was stress associated with work/life balance.
Overall it was an awesome experience!
Currently has very low job security
Automated Test Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 9, 2016
Great place to work, but due to the company's current financial position there are many cutbacks and lay offs without any prior notice.
Configuration Management Specialist 11/SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 7, 2016
Blackberry is a good place to work, salary is good and benefits. Recently the company is going down because of stiff competition in the smart phone market.
Pros
Gret work life balance
Cons
too much lay offs
Excellent work environment and healthy , and good benefit
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 9, 2016
Works begin with a meeting with our manager to give us the target for the day . And if there is any change in the product . I learned from working in this company commitment to quality , accuracy , speed and innovation , especially when there are specialized department and with experience , and the most enjoyable part in this company is to work with a team with a competition to develop yourself to serve the interests of the company and you in the same time .This company has a good quality staff , which helps to create an ideal working atmosphere and was working as a team is so dominant that it helps to increase the productivity of labor .
The difficult time at work is when when there is a shortage of parts for a certain period and did not get to goal , what it should be that day , but on the other hand , when we achieve the target we will be happy to primitive then new day and new target will start .
Pros
Four Breaks in addition to the lunch break
Cons
BlackBerry is a great place for Co-op opportunities.
Software Tool Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 9, 2016
BlackBerry gave me a very good opportunity to learn, work and improve my technical skills. It is a great place to start your career.
Good work life balance
Global Manager - Security (Former Employee) –  kanata ,onMarch 7, 2016
Overall a good organization to work for, Unfortunately, BlackBerry has stepped from the limelight as a premier company.
Amazing experience
KPI PERFORMACE TESTER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 4, 2016
loved it, I did everything that i ever dreamed of doing. Worked on new devices all the time, created new testing scripts, tested DC power consumption.
Professional, Productive, Creative, hardworking, Friendly
Software Test Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 14, 2016
BlackBerry provided professional and friendly environment to employees. During my co-op experience in BlackBerry as software test associate, I had opportunities to experience in building up significant fundamental testing knowledge, bug reporting with JIRA, professional documentation skills, and good organizational skills. I improved my interpersonal and communication skills, time management, prioritization skills, and efficient collaboration in any teams. Co-workers always provided fully support. I really enjoyed to discuss all issues with co-workers when we tested the software.
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Overall it's a good company to work for. BlackBerry has attracted talented employees who are extremely dedicated to their work and strive for excellence in what they do.
Pros
Very professional technical staff.
Cons
Work life balance is inconsistent across departments.
Productive and fun place
Application Development (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Great memories and learning experience.My supervisors were really helpful and taught me a lot.

I have learned great skill set while on coop which is definitely helped me a lot
Pros
free snacks
Cons
high pressure
BlackBerry is a great company to work at.
Network Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, OntarioFebruary 3, 2016
BlackBerry is a great company to work at. It has competitive salary and benefits. The company is pioneer in building smart phones.
Team and goal oriented environment.
Assistant Project Co-ordinator (Full-time co-op) (Former Employee) –  4701 Tahoe BlvdFebruary 2, 2016
Working at Blackberry, employee's get the sense that they are apart of a real team. Many aspects of the daily job requires working with many team members, updating each other on their day's achievements or road blocks. Due to the high amount of team members, the assistant project co-ordinators had to have great time management and interpersonal skills to make sure day to day operations ran smoothly. As an employee at Blackberry, one will soon realize that there are many projects which require massive teams to complete, which can be very difficult to achieve if any sector is not running smoothly.
good work-life balance but a company falling apart
Senior Distribution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros:
- good base salary
- decent bonus
- good benefits
- good work-life balance

Cons:
- Management has no clue what they are doing. The execs change every 6 months. No feasible operational objectives other than cutting employees
- no career advancement these days as layoff is often.
- Laying odd and organizational realignment happenings throw employees into constant state of ambiguity.

Join BlackBerry for only personal reasons such as new grad, if you live close to Waterloo, too good a salary or if you would like to be slacker.

Dont join for career advancement or job security.
Pros
free phones
Cons
poor job security
Challenging Work Place
Software Testing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Very good work place for people who like challenges and changes frequently. Employees treated very well and career growth is guranteed
Pros
Salary Benefit
Cons
Frequent Changes