BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Good in some aspects
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 May 2017
Leadership in the hay days was very poor as a result there was no strategic innovation and the company underwent spiral fall. However, there were attempts to recover but in vain. The middle management and senior VPs were working in extreme silos and no engagement with staff. The HR was never for employees so work culture really was in a bad shape.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Work culture, leadership disengagement
Great company
Cabling Services (Former Employee) –  Waterloo20 May 2017
At its prime Blackberry was an amazing organization to work for. Through the hard times it become difficult to deal with the negative situations happening around you.
Transforming company
Revenue Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, Ontario12 May 2017
Great place to work if you are up for the challenges and opportunities arise from company's transformation. Management is very understanding of all the changes happening and if you seek for additional help or support and management is very supportive of your initiatives.
Product Management Associate
Product Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 April 2017
Growing Company at the time, however are very resistant to change and focus on Enterprise Market solely. They needed to move towards services faster when they had a headstart in the industry.
Very cooperative Management
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 April 2017
Management is very cooperative. Although during my stay company was in trouble due to economic uncertainty and laid off employees, but still the work culture was great. management always tested us with the challenges but they are very cooperative.
Pros
Cooperative managemnt
Cons
Financial troubles in company
Not very stable
Software Test Developer/Scrum master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
Company still in transition, team changes and people in and out. Not recommend if looking for stable employment. But lots opportunity to learn if you up for it.
I really enjoyed working at Blackberry
Financial Analyst, Global Repair Services (GRS) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 April 2017
Working at Blackberry was a good experience. Learned a lot of new skills and it was good place to show all my skills. I got many chances to develop my skills and show what I am good at.
Flexible working hours, good benefits, challenging and changing environmen
Test Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 April 2017
Pros
Flexible hours, large company, great connections. A lot of fun, met a lot of great people. Work was quite interesting most of the time.
Cons
Some issues with disconnect between workers and management. Occasionally not enough clear leadership, occasionally working on parallel peojects because of lack of cross team communication.
Great company to work for.
Sr. Software Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 April 2017
It is great company to work for. it has amazing devices and services. I love to work for it and work environment. I might join the company again if the opportunity arise again.
Tough challenges to solve daily
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 March 2017
- Can be good place to work depending on director your under.
- Hardest part of job is shifting priorities often as business objectives seem to change often.
Pros
Pay is usually above average
Cons
Management heavy company
Dreaded with new management
Test Automation Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
Management and direction changed too often. Projects usually get cancelled within months. Very rigid and structured. Hard to get your voice heard. BYON (bring your own napkins).
Ok place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 March 2017
Loves the perks that were offered, free phone and benefits the first day. The environment was very toxic, got disc working at this organization. Just not a good place to work.
Pros
Worked for a manager who was a slave driver, he had no respect for his employees, he spoke to them whichever way he chose. He also had no respect for ladies.
Cons
Free phone and benefits the first day.
Valuable experience
Regulatory Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 March 2017
Great working experience related to engineering industry. It provides competitive wages for entry level engineers. I will recommend this company to my friends
Enjoyed my time at BlackBerry
Senior Software Development Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON3 March 2017
no two days at blackberry were the same. constantly learning something new, developing skills i did not join the company with

the management is varies from team to team, i was fortunate to have an outstanding management chain.

the culture at blackberry had become muted. in its prime, blackberry was a fun company with an airy atmosphere. lately however, with the rapid decline in brand loyalty, folks are less open, and more worried about their job security.

the hardest part of my position was also the most enjoyable: my roll evolved past my formal education and past work experience. i was developing new skills every day and was expected to utilize them at a master level
Pros
compensation package, flexible hours, friendly management and staff
Cons
little work/life balance..constantly on my device at night. Defending the Brand
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
My time at BlackBerry has been amazing. BlackBerry is a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone.
The best part or most enjoyable part is knowing I have done all I can do and everyone is the better for it
Pros
Experience
Cons
very long hours
Intern
Reliability Engineering Systems Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 February 2017
Before the restructuring and collapse of the tech giant, it was a good place to work. I cannot say after as my term ended during the changes.
Vvery good place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 February 2017
I was working at day shift - some time overtime
I learned to operate soo many different equipment
Management was very friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job was learn new stuff.
Pros
They give a training to all employe
Cons
Production moved to overseas
People and work were great, management sucked...
RF Engineering Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 February 2017
-Management drove the company int the ground.
-Benefits and salary were good.
-People were great.
-Work was interesting.
Pros
People, salary, benefits, interesting work...
Cons
Gross mismanagement...
One of the greatest Canadian companies ever
Root Cause Analyst -Reliability Research in Motion (Former Employee) –  Waterloo,Ontario,Canada11 January 2017
The people are friendly and you are encouraged to maintain a good work life balance. The culture is one of a kind and you can be creative in how you do your job. They encourage personal growth.
NOC - Amazing Learning Opportunity
Network Operations Center Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 January 2017
Typical day at work involved handling and troubleshooting failures in network and/or infrastructure.

Co-op role was given a free leash by the end of the year and lots of responsibilities. It was an informal environment with friendly coworkers and loads to learn and apply. Ideas were appreciated and if one is willing to put efforts, it is acknowledged.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackBerry. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2