BlackBerry Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 March 2017
Loves the perks that were offered, free phone and benefits the first day. The environment was very toxic, got disc working at this organization. Just not a good place to work.
Pros
Worked for a manager who was a slave driver, he had no respect for his employees, he spoke to them whichever way he chose. He also had no respect for ladies.
Cons
Free phone and benefits the first day.
Valuable experience
Regulatory Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 March 2017
Great working experience related to engineering industry. It provides competitive wages for entry level engineers. I will recommend this company to my friends
Enjoyed my time at BlackBerry
Senior Software Development Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON3 March 2017
no two days at blackberry were the same. constantly learning something new, developing skills i did not join the company with

the management is varies from team to team, i was fortunate to have an outstanding management chain.

the culture at blackberry had become muted. in its prime, blackberry was a fun company with an airy atmosphere. lately however, with the rapid decline in brand loyalty, folks are less open, and more worried about their job security.

the hardest part of my position was also the most enjoyable: my roll evolved past my formal education and past work experience. i was developing new skills every day and was expected to utilize them at a master level
Pros
compensation package, flexible hours, friendly management and staff
Cons
little work/life balance..constantly on my device at night. Defending the Brand
Facilities Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
My time at BlackBerry has been amazing. BlackBerry is a fast paced environment.
The hardest part of my job is trying to please everyone.
The best part or most enjoyable part is knowing I have done all I can do and everyone is the better for it
Pros
Experience
Cons
very long hours
Intern
Reliability Engineering Systems Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 February 2017
Before the restructuring and collapse of the tech giant, it was a good place to work. I cannot say after as my term ended during the changes.
Vvery good place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON23 February 2017
I was working at day shift - some time overtime
I learned to operate soo many different equipment
Management was very friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job was learn new stuff.
Pros
They give a training to all employe
Cons
Production moved to overseas
People and work were great, management sucked...
RF Engineering Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 February 2017
-Management drove the company int the ground.
-Benefits and salary were good.
-People were great.
-Work was interesting.
Pros
People, salary, benefits, interesting work...
Cons
Gross mismanagement...
One of the greatest Canadian companies ever
Root Cause Analyst -Reliability Research in Motion (Former Employee) –  Waterloo,Ontario,Canada11 January 2017
The people are friendly and you are encouraged to maintain a good work life balance. The culture is one of a kind and you can be creative in how you do your job. They encourage personal growth.
NOC - Amazing Learning Opportunity
Network Operations Center Student (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 January 2017
Typical day at work involved handling and troubleshooting failures in network and/or infrastructure.

Co-op role was given a free leash by the end of the year and lots of responsibilities. It was an informal environment with friendly coworkers and loads to learn and apply. Ideas were appreciated and if one is willing to put efforts, it is acknowledged.
One of the best work place you will ever work
Software Developer (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 January 2017
- Mostly you will only work with regular full-time hours.
- All developer members are professional about Java and you can learn improve your Java knowledge significantly.
- OOP principles, unit testing, and actual testing, every knowledge which allows you to improve your programming skill can be gained from here.
- Every Friday, people play board games at lunch time and you are welcome to join it anytime.
Pros
Wonderful teammate, well scheduled work hours, fun activities
Cons
There were no Cons

Want to know more about BlackBerry?

Ask a question
Fantastic Company
Business Partner Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 January 2017
Great work ethic, treated us well. I was on a work permit and they happily offered me a position.

Pay was fantastic and perks were also good. Free BlackBerry and Laptop as well.
Pros
Fantastic Teams
Cons
Bit out of the way.
Fun and Exciting Experience
Back Line Team Analyst (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 December 2016
Everyday is a new day because everyday is a new challenge which makes me more technically refined, experienced and knowledgeable at the end of the day.
Working hour flexible, very quite environment
VPN and Network Security Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
A lot of Empty spaces due to tons of layoff. If you get hired at this moment, you pretty much secure your job.

People are chill and smart. One thing I do not like was most of developers were just doing work. They barely have social events.
Loved my job at BlackBerry
SOFTWARE SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 November 2016
Really enjoyed working at BlackBerry and had great job satisfaction. Unfortunately the last couple of years job security was up and down which lowered morale of my peers.
I was good on the early years.
Product Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 November 2016
The work environment was great when I start at Blackberry. Good balance between work and personal life. Great project to work and great people. Unfortunately at the and end the lay offs make the work environment very depressing.
Pros
good salary and benifits
Cons
bad work environment
active and smart people
RF Design and Test Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON31 October 2016
Great and rich company and of course very generous.
I really enjoyed working with smart collegues in the group of Advanced Concept.
Typical Corporate Environment, Out of Touch Management
Radio Embedded Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 October 2016
Too much offloading of management's responsibilities onto the bottom of the chain. Mismanagement leads to collapse. Used to be a thriving, booming company, but got too caught up in it's own echo chamber to see the collapse that seemed obvious to anyone in the lower tiers.
Amazing place to work
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 October 2016
very friendly professional people top work with, i enjoyed all of my years there and have developed valuable work experience through the many jobs i shifted through.
Software Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 October 2016
I worked as a contractor at Blackberry's Kanata offices. I had a great 6 months there. The co-workers were top notch and the work was really technically advanced compared to my previous jobs. The environment was what you would expect from software development shops, there was a daily standup and backlog boards. My co-workers were intense but in a laid back way, if that makes sense. It was a no nonsense type of place. I can't think of any "hardest" parts of the job, as I liked going there every work day. What I liked about the job was the care Blackberry took to provide its workers with the tools and support they needed to get things done
Pros
Cafeteria, ergonomic consultants, quiet environment
Cons
Kanata offices did not have many amenities in the neighbourhood
It is owesome company
Software Tester Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
My previous company, Blackberry, is so nice company that provided lots of opportunities for employees to improve themselves. And the managers and team lead are very nice people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BlackBerry. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2